Author Topic: Marvel Studios' Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Spoilers!) - On D+ & Home Video!  (Read 7515 times)

Online The Letter M

I figured I'd make a separate thread for BP2 so we can avoid possible spoilers in the main MCU thread.

Here is the first official teaser trailer for the film (and here is the IMAX version).

Personally, I like the inclusion of ancient Mayan culture into the history of the Atlanteans. Also, it looks like we get to see Namor being born and growing up in this film, so we get a bit more backstory within the MCU.

As for that final shot of the BP suit, there are tons of theories out there as to who could be in it. I'd love for it to be Nakia, but folks are hoping Killmonger somehow returns. At this point anything is possible. I just hope the film honors T'Challa and Chadwick Boseman in the best ways possible.

-Marc.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 02:28:01 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I would be shocked if Shuri doesn't wind up wearing the uniform, but I am open to being shocked lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online The Letter M

I would be shocked if Shuri doesn't wind up wearing the uniform, but I am open to being shocked lol

That's been the most expected course considering it happens in the comics, but the MCU has sometimes subverted expectations (to varying degrees of success). The difference here is, I don't think anyone would be too upset if someone OTHER than Shuri becomes the next/new BP, mostly because other characters like M"Baku, Nakia, and Okoye are all worthy and capable of becoming Black Panther.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Not sure if anyone caught it, but I guess because DC did it first in the movies, Namor will not be king of Atlantis, but instead king of Talocan. Seems a made up name for the movie. Shame, but not a huge deal.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Personally, I like the inclusion of ancient Mayan culture into the history of the Atlanteans. Also, it looks like we get to see Namor being born and growing up in this film, so we get a bit more backstory within the MCU.

Maybe.  But I wouldn't necessarily assume.  It could end up just being a short montage, like what we got with Thor in Love and Thunder.  I remember a few theorists talking about how those clips would likely fit together to give us tons of flashback back story of Thor's early years.  Then we got the film, and nope.  Just a quick montage with Korg's voice over.

As for that final shot of the BP suit, there are tons of theories out there as to who could be in it. I'd love for it to be Nakia, but folks are hoping Killmonger somehow returns.

The Killmonger rumors could end up being true.  But at this point, I haven't seen anything supporting them as anything more than fan speculation that some theorist have latched onto.  From that briefest of clips, the hips seem to indicate that it is a woman.  But that said, it could just be the body positioning that distort the hips too, so it could be a male.  But I still lean toward the former.

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Not sure if anyone caught it, but I guess because DC did it first in the movies, Namor will not be king of Atlantis, but instead king of Talocan. Seems a made up name for the movie. Shame, but not a huge deal.

Maybe.  I would assume we will get some sort of explanation that Atlantis is the common name that land dwellers gave to the "real" dwellers of Talocan, or something like that. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

Maybe.  I would assume we will get some sort of explanation that Atlantis is the common name that land dwellers gave to the "real" dwellers of Talocan, or something like that.

Possible. Also likely they’ll avoid the name all together. Not a huge deal either way.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I would be really surprised if they just avoided it.  That would be weird.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
This is the poster they showed last weekend:

To me looks too subtle, too feminine, seeing the lines of it makes me believe we will have a female character as BP2

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
It could be that multiple people suit up in the sequel.  Shoes too big to be filled by one individual, or whatever.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Possible spoilers

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/marvel-lego-set-appears-confirm-new-black-panther-identity/

The important part of that article for me is...   Doctor Doom!  :)

I've heard rumors elsewhere that Doom would be involved. Very exciting!!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Possible spoilers

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/marvel-lego-set-appears-confirm-new-black-panther-identity/

The important part of that article for me is...   Doctor Doom!  :)

I've heard rumors elsewhere that Doom would be involved. Very exciting!!

I read and interview where NAMOR says he is an antihero in this movie, which leaves room for a MAIN villain, if Doom is involved I'll be very excited to see him

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
New trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKZlZBhB3Fk
I just got a Fandango notification as well saying tickets are on sale already.

I'll be at NY Comic Con this weekend, I'm hoping Marvel has footage for us, even if just a small thing  :)
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
Bought my ticket for Thursday night Nov 10th. Really looking forward to this!

Online Adami

Ditto!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Online Adami

Did not expect them to go all in on Namor's ankle wing things.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online The Letter M

I was quite surprised by how WELL they executed his flying/hovering. It has a unique look to it that separates him from the other (very few) flying characters in the MCU so far. Off the top of my head, the only flyers we've had are Iron Man, War Machine, Thor, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, and Captain Marvel.  I might have missed a couple, but visually speaking, Namor's flight is quite unique and I'm excited to see more of him.

Riri Williams looks like she's having fun in her armor, and it's great to see a new face under the typical Iron Man-esque HUD. I hope her visuals maintain their quality for her show next year!

Ditto!

Got mine as well, 3:30pm on Thursday the 10th. I am not missing this one's first showing if I can help it! I missed opening night for Black Panther 1 back in 2018 as it opened on the weekend I was away for a convention and going to the movies wasn't in my itinerary, but this time will be different. Sadly, there weren't any showings of the BP Double Feature in my local Regal, so no free collector's coin for me. Ah well.

If you check Marvel Studio's socials, they've posted (at least) six gorgeous movie posters for the film. My favorites are the Dolby Digital and the REALD 3D posters., but the Screen X one is pretty dope as well.

I think the MCU's Phase 4 is going to go out with a bang with this one, and I'm willing to bet it'll break a billion easy in the first month. Every time there is a new trailer or sneak peek at this film, it seems excitement grows within the fan base!

-Marc.

Offline Dream Team

Namor would be cool, but the challenge would be trying to differentiate him enough from Aqua Man.

Online Adami

Namor would be cool, but the challenge would be trying to differentiate him enough from Aqua Man.

Which it looks like they did.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
That made me so happy.

Online The Letter M

Only 10 more days! Several new clips and behind-the-scenes featurettes have been shared on social media and YouTube by Marvel themselves, so feel free to discuss anything shown in those, but from this point on, if you've read/heard leaks about the film that haven't been shown in any officially released footage, please try to avoid posting those spoilers!!!

-Marc.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Marvel Studios' Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (11/11/22) - No Spoilers!
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2022, 09:01:00 AM »
I'm a little surprised at all of the clips Marvel is sharing.  I would think this is one film for which they wouldn't need to do that.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2022, 07:33:38 AM »
Seeing BPWF later today at 3:30pm EST, cannot wait! The Disney+ app just sent me a notification suggesting I rewatch the first Black Panther film before seeing Wakanda Forever today so I just may do that.

-Marc.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2022, 07:34:39 AM »
I was planning to watch it later tonight, but plans changed and I might not see it until next week.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2022, 07:44:51 AM »
Seeing BPWF later today at 3:30pm EST, cannot wait! The Disney+ app just sent me a notification suggesting I rewatch the first Black Panther film before seeing Wakanda Forever today so I just may do that.

-Marc.

I watched it again last night.... Got my tix for 7:15 tonight!!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2022, 07:47:14 AM »
I've got a ticket for a Saturday afternoon matinee. I should go back and re-watch the first one tonight or tomorrow night.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2022, 07:53:04 AM »
Going with a few coworkers tonight. They neglected to tell me that it's nearly 3 hours long but... oh well. I did want to see it.

Martin Freeman will be the new BP.

Obviously.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2022, 08:47:13 AM »
7:00 tonight on the biggest screen near me!

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2022, 08:51:02 AM »

Obviously.
:lol

Online Adami

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2022, 08:53:14 AM »
7:00 tonight on the biggest screen near me!

Ditto.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2022, 09:23:30 AM »

Obviously.

White Panther?