Author Topic: JOHN PETRUCCI SOLO TOUR - MORE DATES JUST ANNOUNCED  (Read 25171 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: JOHN PETRUCCI SOLO TOUR JUST ANNOUNCED
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2022, 09:30:25 AM »
Maybe similar to G3 style of show, have everyone come out at the end for some covers.

That's what I was thinking

That would actually be awesome.  But I'd guess a lot of his original music, maybe covers, and some jamming.  Maybe they will also do an encore with the wives? I'd guess something like 30-45 minutes of the wives to open and a 90 minute JP set.

I think having the wives come out would be really fun.

Yeah, it’d be fun to beat the crowd out of the venue.

Wow, you really are no fun  :lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2022, 09:57:46 AM »
That would actually be awesome.  But I'd guess a lot of his original music, maybe covers, and some jamming.  Maybe they will also do an encore with the wives? I'd guess something like 30-45 minutes of the wives to open and a 90 minute JP set.

:rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2022, 01:36:16 PM »

Wow, you really are no fun  :lol
[/quote]

TAC is all kinds of fun.  You just have to get him started ala "shopping carts and the men who love them". 

I grabbed some tix for JR's solo show in Charlotte at the end of this month and I'm looking forward to it!
It's excellent. When I saw him the crowd was so small we were essentially just huddled up on his keyboard watching him play. His opening rampage was fantastic, and he did a solo rendition of Keys to the Imagination which was superb.

THAT is awesome!  I hope that our show is intimate like that and that he plays Keys to the Imagination as that's my favorite from the new LTE.  Looking forward to seeing him rip on the Strandberg as well...
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2022, 03:30:38 PM »
Just got my tickets for the NYC show. I’m so pumped.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2022, 05:36:18 PM »
I was just wondering, since it's JP's first solo headliner tour, I assume they'll be doing a 2 hour-ish set, so the question is, what is the set going to look like? Will they play both of JP's solo albums in full? Will they add a few of his unreleased tracks? Some random MP-era DT instrumentals?

Raw Dog!!!!

Would not surprise me.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2022, 06:34:21 PM »
I posted a pic and a very short post in my Queen discography.  My wife LOVED the show in Annapolis last night!!!

btw, just found out that my friend Nicholas (who's cohosted three of four preshows with me) got the OK from Victoria (nope, I'm not making the names up ;)) to host a preshow for the October concert in DC.   :tup  The same venue they played a few nights after their 'Fourth Wall' Boston concert. 

Can't wait to see Portnoy perform again.  And I can finally hand Nick his Hell's Kitchen Hot Sauce....
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2022, 04:48:18 PM »
Hey Count !
Where are your seats at the NY show ? I saw plenty available up front but I’ve been spending so much on concerts lately didn’t want to drop 199 +for one of em … I grabbed a 69 dollar seat in row Q and hopefully I’ll sneak up a bit … I’m flying up from Florida for it …
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2022, 02:14:42 PM »
Hey Count !
Where are your seats at the NY show ? I saw plenty available up front but I’ve been spending so much on concerts lately didn’t want to drop 199 +for one of em … I grabbed a 69 dollar seat in row Q and hopefully I’ll sneak up a bit … I’m flying up from Florida for it …

Orchestra Row J.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2022, 12:27:38 PM »
Cool ! I’ll see if anything a little closer comes available in the same price range , may trade up … if not I’ll keep my seat in Q and hopefully sneak up a bit during or after Meanstreak …
Should be a great show !

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2022, 01:22:22 PM »
I have tickets for both NY and Boston; I'm pretty pumped to see this.  But a little bird told me there are more shows coming (at least one, in New England, let's be fair and I don't want to tease anyone about a full tour).   I'd like to see him in THAT venue, so I might actually be seeing THREE of these shows. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2022, 01:30:59 PM »
Wasn't it public information that these were just the start of a full tour?

Online sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2022, 01:45:48 PM »
Wasn't it public information that these were just the start of a full tour?

Yep
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2022, 01:51:32 PM »
They did say more shows to follow. Just didn’t want to take a chance that they would be coming to South Florida, so I grabbed a NY ticket and many JetBlue points gets me there and back ! And if they do, I’ll go to the local show too .

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2022, 01:54:14 PM »
Yeah depending where the other shows would be, I'll probably catch 2. I got my ticket for NYC already. If there is one around a 2 hour drive, I'll probably go.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2022, 01:59:19 PM »
Yeah depending where the other shows would be, I'll probably catch 2. I got my ticket for NYC already. If there is one around a 2 hour drive, I'll probably go.

I can guarantee you there will be.  :)

I'd like to catch up and have a beer in NY if your schedule allows. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2022, 02:02:02 PM »

I'm down for the 2022 DT CT crew to reunite in NY.  I didn't buy a NY ticket yet, but put it on my calendar.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2022, 02:44:27 PM »
I continue to stump for a rhythm guitarist for the Terminal Velocity tour, as that album has some notable rhythmic layering that deserves the live treatment.  That guitarist should rightly be our very own DT89, Evan Bradley!!!  Evan would really add a necessary dimension and capture the verve and flavor of the original recordings.  Can we start a movement for this???

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2022, 03:15:28 PM »
Anyone need single orchestra ticket for NY show .
Face value + fees , $69.50 + TM fees and taxes =$85.75, exactly what I paid for it, and I’ll transfer it to you…
I had purchased this ticket, and my wife surprised me by getting me a ticket …only need one!
Row Q ..
PM me …
Rich
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 10:55:38 AM by TheRich13 »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2022, 03:30:29 PM »

I'm down for the 2022 DT CT crew to reunite in NY.  I didn't buy a NY ticket yet, but put it on my calendar.

More than happy to meet with both of you, or anyone else that wants to join!  :metal

Online sfam2112

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2022, 07:59:25 PM »
I continue to stump for a rhythm guitarist for the Terminal Velocity tour, as that album has some notable rhythmic layering that deserves the live treatment.  That guitarist should rightly be our very own DT89, Evan Bradley!!!  Evan would really add a necessary dimension and capture the verve and flavor of the original recordings.  Can we start a movement for this???

I was thinking the same thing about a rhythm/second guitarist, as involved as the guitar parts are on those albums. But I was thinking it should be Rena. Keep it in the family since she'll already be there anyway. :)
My music:

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2022, 09:14:22 PM »
Come to Ohio John!

Offline Awaken

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2022, 09:06:35 AM »
Definitely hitting the CT show!

Offline Awaken

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2022, 12:34:15 PM »
Ticket purchased!  I’m so psyched to see these guys play, I’m wishing away the rest of the summer now.  Seems to be selling pretty well, too.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2022, 02:11:31 PM »
Ticket purchased!  I’m so psyched to see these guys play, I’m wishing away the rest of the summer now.  Seems to be selling pretty well, too.
There's a CT show or did you buy for NYC or Boston?

Offline Awaken

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2022, 03:44:06 PM »

Looks like it hasn't been announced officially yet, so I apologize for the posts.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2022, 05:26:54 PM »
That's cool, I'll probably get tickets for that as well :metal

Online sfam2112

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2022, 03:21:01 PM »

Looks like it hasn't been announced officially yet, so I apologize for the posts.

Any word on when more dates will be announced?
What else have you been hiding??
😄
My music:

Offline Awaken

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2022, 04:09:31 AM »
I'm kind of confused why they wouldn't be officially announcing dates/locations when the locations have the tickets on sale.   :huh:

Check in on ~500 person capacity venues in your area, you may stumble on dates the way I did in CT.  Again, selling well without an official announcement.  The venue did a nice cross promotion w Jordan's solo tour stop last night.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2022, 06:01:09 AM »
I'm kind of confused why they wouldn't be officially announcing dates/locations when the locations have the tickets on sale.   :huh:

Check in on ~500 person capacity venues in your area, you may stumble on dates the way I did in CT.  Again, selling well without an official announcement.  The venue did a nice cross promotion w Jordan's solo tour stop last night.

That is a FANTASTIC place to see a show, too.  I see about 15 shows a year there (sometimes more, sometimes less).  I met Jon Anderson there, and one time, at band camp, after his show with GE Smith, Billy Squier just walked out into the lobby and started chatting with fans.  My friend and I actually had like a 10 minute conversation with him.  Really nice guy.  I'll be there; I have second row, center, in the orchestra.  Pretty psyched.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2022, 08:40:23 AM »

That is a FANTASTIC place to see a show, too.  I see about 15 shows a year there (sometimes more, sometimes less).  I met Jon Anderson there, and one time, at band camp, after his show with GE Smith, Billy Squier just walked out into the lobby and started chatting with fans.  My friend and I actually had like a 10 minute conversation with him.  Really nice guy.  I'll be there; I have second row, center, in the orchestra.  Pretty psyched.

this will be my first show there, I couldn't make it to see Jordan yesterday and was kind of bummed.  The venue looks beautiful.  I have my usual seat next to the sound board.  I love chatting w sound techs on their down time, always a ton of fun stories.

also - lol 'at band camp' - can hear her voice as I read it  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2022, 08:57:57 AM »

this will be my first show there, I couldn't make it to see Jordan yesterday and was kind of bummed.  The venue looks beautiful.  I have my usual seat next to the sound board.  I love chatting w sound techs on their down time, always a ton of fun stories.

also - lol 'at band camp' - can hear her voice as I read it  :lol
B-107 or the beer line if you want to say hello. 

Offline Awaken

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2022, 10:20:10 AM »
I'm in!  hoping to get there plenty early, looks like about 1hr+ commute, I'll definitely be in touch to confirm time/place

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2022, 10:23:55 AM »
Sure would be nice to get the rest of those tour dates.
Photobucket sucks.

Online sfam2112

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2022, 04:15:18 PM »
I know. I keep checking here to see if they've been announced to no avail.
My music:

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2022, 07:56:05 PM »
It's kind of weird the CT show has been on sale with no announcement about it. No where it is mentioned if not for this thread.