Author Topic: JOHN PETRUCCI SOLO TOUR - MORE DATES JUST ANNOUNCED  (Read 25841 times)

Offline DTwwbwMP

Re: JOHN PETRUCCI SOLO TOUR - MORE DATES JUST ANNOUNCED
« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2022, 03:17:47 PM »
Boston is on Dime!!!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=738921

Sounds nice!

Damn, don't have dime! Is it posted anywhere else?

I'll send it once it is fully downloaded

Thanks buddy.

justsean07@comcast.net

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2022, 06:43:08 PM »

I must sadly admit though, I'm not really into JP's solo music.  His performance and guitar playing ability is no doubt through the roof, but what I feared I would feel became reality.  I just can't enjoy it after 15 minutes or so.  But let me say, this was always, for me, about seeing JP and MP play together.  That's definitely a chemistry that I've missed.  I was in the back, so I couldn't see JP's facial expressions too well, but he kept saying how happy he was. There was lots of eye contact between the two while playing.  I wonder if they both truly were legit happy playing together again.  I assume so.  Not trying to start a debate here, but I don't recall ever hearing JP talk about being so happy playing with anyone else.  I can definitely say I got my money's worth seeing those two again. 

As for MP's playing.  I've only listened to Terminal Velocity once or twice in full.  I definitely don't know the songs well enough to say if MP's was not performing the songs correctly or up to par with the album.  What I will say was that he was awesome, as usual.  He didn't have a drum solo, but there were definitely climax drum moments in a lot of the songs where he shined.  As I already stated, seeing him (and JP) were the main reasons to attend and both of their performances were fantastic.  I've got nothing negative to say about MP here. 

Agreed to all of this. 

There was no overt mention of the "Italian" aspect, but the music between Meanstreak and John was all mellow. One song was Dean Martin, and I made a joke to the guy next to me that I feel like I'm at an Italian restaurant and I Shazam'd the song playing and it came back "Italian Restaurant Music Of Italy".   :) :)    The Sopranos theme song was the lead-in to the show for both shows I saw.

Yeah, they had the italian music between bands too.  He almost made it seem like it was to do with playing in NJ/NY (he mentioned both states and being "home") but that Sopranos intro ended specifically with a change into the opening so I didn't think that was a one (or two) type of thing.  I guess it's part of his tour package but worded it in a way to make note being in NJ I guess. I enjoyed it, I mean with that last name you might as well embrace your heritage. I know all about that if you knew my last name  :lol  He did a few "ayyyy Ohhhh" as well when doing that talk, sadly I didn't record it but I loved it.  In fact I loved every time he talked.

My full video is up from the show (HD is still rendering)

John Petrucci & Meanstreak LIVE @ Count Basie Red Bank NJ 10/12/2022 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2022, 07:10:11 PM »
Meanstreak was way better than I expected. Waiting for JP now  :metal

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2022, 08:23:14 PM »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Online devieira73

« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2022, 08:24:36 PM »
Is it the same source from Boston torrent?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #250 on: October 13, 2022, 08:28:56 PM »
No I don't think so. I don't know what AsYd's real name is. Pretty sure he's registered here. Favre4 just put up his version today on Dime. It's a but brighter than AsYd's.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online devieira73

« Reply #251 on: October 13, 2022, 08:56:58 PM »
Those bootlegs have better audio than those Youtube videos?

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #252 on: October 14, 2022, 12:17:36 AM »
Killer show tonight in NYC !
Just seeing the camaraderie between John and Mike warms my heart !! MP only threw out 2 sticks and one was for the little boy next to me so I didn’t get one , but did get a pick from JP . Jordan was at the show so I told him I saw his show in Ft Lauderdale and spotted him at the P Tree show at Radio City Last month and that I flew up from Florida again to see tonight’s show , have to support my DT BOYS ! He said to have a safe trip home , so it’s back to Florida for me on Saturday with the sweet sound of JPs  guitars in my memory… OH, and they were selling JP’s beard oil at the merch stand !!
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #253 on: October 14, 2022, 06:18:09 AM »
Just seeing the camaraderie between John and Mike warms my heart !! MP only threw out 2 sticks and one was for the little boy next to me so I didn’t get one , but did get a pick from JP . Jordan was at the show so I told him I saw his show in Ft Lauderdale and spotted him at the P Tree show at Radio City Last month and that I flew up from Florida again to see tonight’s show , have to support my DT BOYS ! He said to have a safe trip home , so it’s back to Florida for me on Saturday with the sweet sound of JPs  guitars in my memory… OH, and they were selling JP’s beard oil at the merch stand !!
Guess I was sitting a few seats to your left. The kid that got the stick was a few seats to my right!

Great show for sure, it was nice seeing JP and MP together on stage. LaRue was great as well.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 08:45:58 AM by Vmadera00 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #254 on: October 14, 2022, 07:39:22 AM »
MP liked my highlight video of Meanstreak!  :metal https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1580718292645269504

Offline Awaken

« Reply #255 on: October 14, 2022, 07:49:17 AM »
MP liked my highlight video of Meanstreak!  :metal https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1580718292645269504

Just subscribed to your channel - great job on the live vids!!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #256 on: October 14, 2022, 07:54:06 AM »

Just subscribed to your channel - great job on the live vids!!

thank you  :yarr

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2022, 08:08:45 AM »

Are you going to be at the Clearwater and/or Orlando shows next weekend?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2022, 12:45:20 PM »
Nah , normally I would …What happened was when JP announced the tour , I jumped on tix for the NY show figuring there would be limited shows. Then they announced more shows and Orlando was on the list .. of course my wife said I was just impatient but I also flew up last month to NY for the P Tree show …
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2022, 02:45:04 PM »
So, while I'm in Arlington for a different event, I've spontaneously decided to go to the DC show tomorrow  night with a friend, so that'll be exciting!

Edit - can anyone tell me the prices for merch? I want to get a shirt or two, and need to prepare mentally for the amount I need to spend. Also, what else did they have? I'm guessing CDs and vinyl as well. And do the shirts come in 2xl or 3xl?

-Marc.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 09:17:16 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2022, 09:41:34 PM »
Tshirts, signed vinyl, picks, beard oil and beany, some Meanstreak merch as well.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #261 on: October 15, 2022, 05:34:41 PM »
Tshirts, signed vinyl, picks, beard oil and beany, some Meanstreak merch as well.

Saw the $100 signed vinyl but passed on it. Snagged a $40 shirt and now my friend and I are waiting for the show to start! Since it was so last minute, I'm up in the balcony but it's not too bad. It's my first time in the Lincoln Theater and it seems like a nice venue! Can't wait for the show to begin!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online The Letter M

« Reply #262 on: October 15, 2022, 11:04:55 PM »
The show was great! A lot of fun energy and the sound was immense! I'm really glad I went! It was my first time ever seeing Portnoy AND Petrucci, and they were together! Dave was fantastic as well! Everyone did a spectacular job and it was totally worth going! Meanstreak were great as well, not my typical cup of tea but they killed it!

If you can make it to a show near you, definitely do it!

-Marc.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #263 on: October 16, 2022, 12:16:47 AM »
Yeah, DC was great!!!!  :tup :tup :tup

I truly like/love the 'calmness' that MM has brought to DT, but my eyes were transfixed on Portnoy 90% of the time tonight.  Such flair :metal  (understatement).

My first concert since Alice in April....damn, I miss going to these things.

Had 25 at our preshow, our smallest gathering in the area, somewhat due to the sh*t parking in that area.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2022, 07:04:59 AM »

I must sadly admit though, I'm not really into JP's solo music.  His performance and guitar playing ability is no doubt through the roof, but what I feared I would feel became reality.  I just can't enjoy it after 15 minutes or so.  But let me say, this was always, for me, about seeing JP and MP play together.  That's definitely a chemistry that I've missed.  I was in the back, so I couldn't see JP's facial expressions too well, but he kept saying how happy he was. There was lots of eye contact between the two while playing.  I wonder if they both truly were legit happy playing together again.  I assume so.  Not trying to start a debate here, but I don't recall ever hearing JP talk about being so happy playing with anyone else.  I can definitely say I got my money's worth seeing those two again. 

As for MP's playing.  I've only listened to Terminal Velocity once or twice in full.  I definitely don't know the songs well enough to say if MP's was not performing the songs correctly or up to par with the album.  What I will say was that he was awesome, as usual.  He didn't have a drum solo, but there were definitely climax drum moments in a lot of the songs where he shined.  As I already stated, seeing him (and JP) were the main reasons to attend and both of their performances were fantastic.  I've got nothing negative to say about MP here. 

Agreed to all of this. 

There was no overt mention of the "Italian" aspect, but the music between Meanstreak and John was all mellow. One song was Dean Martin, and I made a joke to the guy next to me that I feel like I'm at an Italian restaurant and I Shazam'd the song playing and it came back "Italian Restaurant Music Of Italy".   :) :)    The Sopranos theme song was the lead-in to the show for both shows I saw.

Yeah, they had the italian music between bands too.  He almost made it seem like it was to do with playing in NJ/NY (he mentioned both states and being "home") but that Sopranos intro ended specifically with a change into the opening so I didn't think that was a one (or two) type of thing.  I guess it's part of his tour package but worded it in a way to make note being in NJ I guess. I enjoyed it, I mean with that last name you might as well embrace your heritage. I know all about that if you knew my last name  :lol  He did a few "ayyyy Ohhhh" as well when doing that talk, sadly I didn't record it but I loved it.  In fact I loved every time he talked.

My full video is up from the show (HD is still rendering)

John Petrucci & Meanstreak LIVE @ Count Basie Red Bank NJ 10/12/2022

I just saw your video: your Italian is not that bad!! :D

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #265 on: October 17, 2022, 10:03:06 PM »
The more I listen to The Way Things Fall the more I fall in love with it. I just love the chemistry that JP and MP have on this song, especially with the chorus melody.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #266 on: October 18, 2022, 09:19:30 AM »
I just saw your video: your Italian is not that bad!! :D

:lol

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #267 on: October 18, 2022, 09:49:32 AM »
How was Meanstreak? Worth seeing? How long do they play for?

What do they play and is it family-friendly? I'm assuming there are vocals.

Thanks!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #268 on: October 18, 2022, 10:00:22 AM »
Played for about 45 minutes, it's thrashy metal so pretty heavy, I don't recall the lyrics being anything foul so I'd say other than being heavy metal, it's family friendly.  I personally didn't care too much for their music, but if you are a fan of DT, it would be worth seeing their wives play.  I'm glad I saw them

Online The Letter M

« Reply #269 on: October 18, 2022, 10:04:01 AM »
How was Meanstreak? Worth seeing? How long do they play for?

What do they play and is it family-friendly? I'm assuming there are vocals.

Thanks!

From what I recall, Meanstreak played about an hour or so, 8 songs total with vocals. As far as the lyrics, I don't remember clearly, but at my show, there were several children present (like 12 and under). If you like thrash metal or classic heavy metal, they're definitely worth seeing. But also, it's their first time playing together in almost 30 years and they worked hard to bring out a really entertaining opening set! I'd say if you paid for the ticket, might as well get the most out of it!

-Marc.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #270 on: October 18, 2022, 10:04:47 AM »
Played for about 45 minutes, it's thrashy metal so pretty heavy, I don't recall the lyrics being anything foul so I'd say other than being heavy metal, it's family friendly.  I personally didn't care too much for their music, but if you are a fan of DT, it would be worth seeing their wives play.  I'm glad I saw them

I'm not a thrash guy AT ALL, and I didn't find them offensive in any way.  It's not really my music either, but it was a trip seeing the ladies and knowing the back story.  I think it'd be a shame to miss them (though they get it: in Berkeley, Rena asked, after light applause, something like "okay, okay, who's REALLY here to see John?" to a much louder applause.  :) )

I thought they were good for what they played; the drummer is good, and I dug the singer.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 02:28:44 PM by Stadler »

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #271 on: October 18, 2022, 10:56:19 AM »
Cool! Thanks!

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #272 on: October 18, 2022, 01:37:58 PM »
The more I listen to The Way Things Fall the more I fall in love with it. I just love the chemistry that JP and MP have on this song, especially with the chorus melody.

TWTF caught my ear on first listen. Very Rush reminiscent!  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #273 on: October 18, 2022, 03:18:41 PM »
They added another show in Long Island to end the tour

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #274 on: October 19, 2022, 06:58:21 AM »
They added another show in Long Island to end the tour
Nice, would be cool to catch the last show of the tour. I'll keep it in mind and make a decision close to it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2022, 07:32:51 AM »
Not for nothing, but what, three weeks in now and they are ADDING shows?  That's not a bad sign by any standard. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2022, 07:49:48 AM »
That's definitely a positive, just still think it sucks how empty that Red Bank show was... but if the guys are having fun and the tour is otherwise successful, that's great. 

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2022, 06:53:25 PM »
I liked some of Meanstreak’s stuff!

Does anyone know what kind of guitar Marlene is playing? It looked strange.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2022, 08:05:53 PM »
I liked some of Meanstreak’s stuff!

Does anyone know what kind of guitar Marlene is playing? It looked strange.
It's a Schecter guitar. Don't know the specific model though.

Edit: actually found the exact guitar

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research/Banshee-GT-FR-6-String-Electric-Guitar-Charcoal-Burst-1500000313205.gc?rNtt=Schecter%20research&index=21
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 08:11:54 PM by Vmadera00 »

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2022, 09:04:11 PM »
Thanks. Is it standard or is anything funky done to it?