Author Topic: JOHN PETRUCCI SOLO TOUR - MORE DATES JUST ANNOUNCED  (Read 25065 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: JOHN PETRUCCI SOLO TOUR - MORE DATES JUST ANNOUNCED
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2022, 01:46:18 PM »
MP is really the draw for me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2022, 02:02:58 PM »

I feel like he's going to drum the fuck out of this show. In front of his friend, his wife, etc. I can see him wanting to impress, in a good way.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2022, 02:18:53 PM »

I feel like he's going to drum the fuck out of this show. In front of his friend, his wife, etc. I can see him wanting to impress, in a good way.

He'll be peacocking for sure.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2022, 03:40:54 PM »
Oh I think JP and MP playing together again is my #1 reason to want to go. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2022, 03:57:21 PM »
Oh I think JP and MP playing together again is my #1 reason to want to go.

It's my only reason I want to go.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2022, 04:59:43 PM »
I'll be at Red Bank 10/12 (1st row balcony), NYC 10/13 (1st row balcony) & Keswick 10/14 (10th row center).

My ALL-TIME favorite drummer  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy back with my ALL-TIME favorite guitarist  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy DEMANDS 3 straight nights! :metal

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2022, 07:54:49 PM »
Yeesh.

I get that prices are going up for everything but this may just be pushing the limit of how much I'll pay.

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2022, 09:27:53 AM »
Trying to get tix for Providence. Are they not available yet? Can't find them anywhere.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2022, 09:48:11 AM »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨

Offline Learning2Live

« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2022, 03:53:27 PM »
Going solo to the show in Chicago from Ohio. Can't wait to see MP and JP play together again after all of these years.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2022, 06:50:09 AM »
But there at least are $29 last row tickets.  Which I will likely get.  I go to too many concerts to splurge this much on a single one that, if I'm being honest, isn't really my favorite music.  I LOVE JP though so that's why I'm even considering it.  Maybe if JP gave me the guitar pic at that DT show instead of the guy next to me I'd cough up the money  :lol

I'm not going to lie... I'm not really going for the music.  His solo albums are very good, but they aren't something I listen to every day. I'm going for the spectacle.  John, Mike, the wives... I feel like this could be something out of the ordinary.

Exactly this; for example I much prefer Michael Romeo's solo albums but this JP should be awesome.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2022, 08:05:19 AM »
My gf who doesn't really know any DT or who JP/MP are (other than me occasionally talking about them) told me over the weekend she is really intrigued by the whole wives band opening and just would love to see instrumental music (which kind of shocked me).  So I just got us two tickets for Red Bank in the cheap seats which came out to $82 after fees.  I've sat in these seats many times before so I know what I'm getting and I have no complaints about those prices for these seats.  There's still front row tickets available and this date looks like it's not going to sell well at all. 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2022, 09:06:30 AM »
My gf who doesn't really know any DT or who JP/MP are (other than me occasionally talking about them) told me over the weekend she is really intrigued by the whole wives band opening and just would love to see instrumental music (which kind of shocked me).  So I just got us two tickets for Red Bank in the cheap seats which came out to $82 after fees.  I've sat in these seats many times before so I know what I'm getting and I have no complaints about those prices for these seats.  There's still front row tickets available and this date looks like it's not going to sell well at all.

Dang. Cheapest seats in CT are $60 before fees.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2022, 09:26:46 AM »
Yeah, the NYC cheap seats were more expensive too.  For whatever reason, the Red Bank venue always seems to have super cheap seats in the back, even for DT.  It's not even a big venue, 1k capacity.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2022, 09:35:14 AM »
Maybe this is another perk of Florida living, cheaper concert tickets. It was maybe a little over $200 total to be close (10th row center and 2nd row side) for both Clearwater and Orlando.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2022, 08:49:03 PM »
But there at least are $29 last row tickets.  Which I will likely get.  I go to too many concerts to splurge this much on a single one that, if I'm being honest, isn't really my favorite music.  I LOVE JP though so that's why I'm even considering it.  Maybe if JP gave me the guitar pic at that DT show instead of the guy next to me I'd cough up the money  :lol

I'm not going to lie... I'm not really going for the music.  His solo albums are very good, but they aren't something I listen to every day. I'm going for the spectacle.  John, Mike, the wives... I feel like this could be something out of the ordinary.

I really think you should come out here to Cali for the show in SF.  In fact, I can't think of a good reason you shouldn't. 

I've been wondering if they'll do an encore kind of like the G3 jam where they bring everybody out onstage together and play.  I think that would be cool.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2022, 01:08:47 PM »
I'll be at the Keswick. I don't expect this to sell very well so I have some time to figure out where I want to sit.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2022, 09:13:44 AM »
Denver just added. Nov 10.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2022, 09:15:33 AM »
A decent amount of the venue for the CT show has already sold.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2022, 01:03:15 PM »
Albuquerque, Sacramento and Denver dates just announced

Offline Awaken

« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2022, 01:34:17 PM »
A decent amount of the venue for the CT show has already sold.

I'm so psyched for this one, seeing JP and MP rip it up again live - going to be awesome!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2022, 01:43:57 PM »
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing RP rip it up.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2022, 01:47:43 PM »
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing RP rip it up.

My gf who has no idea who any of these people are (other than me talking about them) really wants to go because I mentioned the wives bands are opening.  I think that's really cool personally.  It's like a family event.  I really hope they do something together for the encore. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2022, 01:52:20 PM »
I really hope they do something together for the encore. 

My guess is that they will, both for the reasons you mention, and because JP has done G3 several times now and kind of has that guitar jam thing in his DNA.  But I don't have any inside info.--just a guess.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2022, 03:44:44 PM »
Albuquerque, Sacramento and Denver dates just announced

I just saw this on Facebook. I did not expect them to come here at all. I am excited and will buy tickets when they go on sale tomorrow. Hopefully I can get front row.

Time to jam out Happy Song, because that is how I feel right now and hope they play this one.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2022, 09:48:49 AM »
Now if they could just add one more date in Seattle. 
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2022, 10:41:27 AM »
Just scored me Front Row, Center tickets. No way I was gonna pass this up. The first and last time I was at this venue was for Dweezil Zappa playing Hot Rats in it's entirety. It's a great venue for JP to play.

Now to wait a long 3 months.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2022, 09:27:17 AM »
I really hope they do something together for the encore. 

My guess is that they will, both for the reasons you mention, and because JP has done G3 several times now and kind of has that guitar jam thing in his DNA.  But I don't have any inside info.--just a guess.

It might be interesting because it’s Rena, but I generally find those end of show guitar jam things kind of cringey.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2022, 09:32:05 AM »
I've never been big into the G3 jams at the end honestly. The last few times I've seen G3 I left during the jams. Once you've seen one, you've seen them all.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2022, 01:21:59 PM »
I just looked into tickets for my local show, which is at an independent venue that normally has high ticket prices. Yep. I mean, we're talking floor seats are more expensive than Dream Theater.  Like 180 bucks. :lol

Upper level are like 70 bucks before fees and charges. I think they were like 83 total. Sorry, cool tour, but as much as I'd love to see JP, and this looks like a fun tour, that's outrageous. I had hoped the lower level was like 75 bucks a seat, and upper level was 50-60. They (assuming the venue's promoter) decided to gouge. Not sure what other ticket prices are for different cities, but there's no way I am paying that.

And yet...so many people bought tickets for this, at that venue anyway. So I guess folks just want to see it pretty badly. My guess is, with the hope that with MP and JP together, they'll play a DT song...

Anyway, it sucks. The wife and I wanted to go, but not at those prices. That's just silly (for us).
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2022, 01:28:41 PM »
I just looked into tickets for my local show, which is at an independent venue that normally has high ticket prices. Yep. I mean, we're talking floor seats are more expensive than Dream Theater.  Like 180 bucks. :lol

Upper level are like 70 bucks before fees and charges. I think they were like 83 total. Sorry, cool tour, but as much as I'd love to see JP, and this looks like a fun tour, that's outrageous. I had hoped the lower level was like 75 bucks a seat, and upper level was 50-60. They (assuming the venue's promoter) decided to gouge. Not sure what other ticket prices are for different cities, but there's no way I am paying that.

And yet...so many people bought tickets for this, at that venue anyway. So I guess folks just want to see it pretty badly. My guess is, with the hope that with MP and JP together, they'll play a DT song...

Anyway, it sucks. The wife and I wanted to go, but not at those prices. That's just silly (for us).

Those prices seem pretty normal for this tour.  My local venue did have super cheap last row seats that I grabbed, but not sure anyone else was able to see $30 (before fees) tickets for this tour.   I also think it's outrageous.  My local show, NJ, still has front row seats available and maybe at best is 1/4 sold overall.  I wouldn't be surprised if they close off the balcony and move everyone to the floor if it doesn't sell better come day of show.  This is a 1k capacity venue, so it's not big to begin with and interest seems low locally.  Granted, if they announced this when they did the NYC show, I wonder how that would have changed things.  Red Bank is a 80 minute train ride from NYC.

Offline Deathless

« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2022, 01:32:12 PM »

I noticed JP is managed by the same management as DT (which makes total sense). Do you think that has something to do with it? I'm sure the tour will do pretty well, but it seems a bit ambitious to be booking similar venues as DT vs a solo tour, even with MP involved.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2022, 01:44:36 PM »
I have no idea.

All I know is, the particular venue they chose to book with in my city is the same one that Sons of Apollo played on their second album. I skipped that too, because the ticket prices for that were outrageous as well, by comparison.

I am not in the business, but from my understanding, the promoter executes the contract with the band, and it's the promoter who sets the ticket prices to cover what they paid the band and the use of the venue. I'm guessing, given that this is an independent venue (non-Live Nation) they just jack up the ticket prices because their costs aren't subsidized by a bigger conglomerate. But either way, it sucks for fans. I mean, I'm blown away that the lower section is almost complete done.

This is the cheapest lower level seat still available:

our Tickets
SECTION
ROW
SEAT
Floor - Center
J

Order summary
1 x P1Aisle Reserved Aisle Pre-Sale
$184.38 each

$184.38
Subtotal$165.00

Fees
$19.38
Delivery
0 x eTicket

$0.00
Total USD $184.38TotalUSD $184.38

The first few rows are "Platinum" and are 195 something with fees.

The upper level, fifth row, is just under $72 dollars with fees.

I mean...come on. But, like I said, the event is selling well, so they are getting what they (the promoter) wants. But I won't pay for that. I've seen Dream Theater 13 times, and G3 with Petrucci twice. Sucks, because I'd gladly go again, but not at that price point for a seat on the lower level. Not for JP solo tour with his wife's band opening. Come on. (And I do want to see it, just at at that price.)
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2022, 04:14:06 PM »
My god I hope this tour gets some EU dates. I'm of the age that I just missed seeing MP live with DT (my first ever gig was the first EU tour with MM) and to see him play with John would be something of a dream come true because I'd just assumed it would never ever happen