Author Topic: JOHN PETRUCCI SOLO TOUR - MORE DATES JUST ANNOUNCED  (Read 24926 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
JOHN PETRUCCI SOLO TOUR - MORE DATES JUST ANNOUNCED
« on: July 13, 2022, 10:27:59 AM »

My first headlining solo tour is set to take place this Fall! I’ll be taking my incredible band with Dave LaRue on bass and Mike Portnoy on drums, on an extensive tour of N.America! If that weren’t exciting enough, very special guests, Meanstreak will be opening all the shows!
The NYC 🗽 show on October 13th goes on sale right now with presale code “TERMINAL”. Get tickets here: https://bnds.us/srbden
Check back often - more dates to be announced soon! 🎸
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 08:34:44 AM by MinistroRaven »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: JOHN PETRUCCI SOLO TOUR JUST ANNOUNCED
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 10:35:14 AM »
I'm trying to figure out how or where to put the code in, but I can't find a spot. BTW, these tix are fucking expensive.

Oh, rereading the announcement, seems it's just NYC with the pre sale.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 10:40:39 AM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 10:42:28 AM »
I'm trying to figure out how or where to put the code in, but I can't find a spot. BTW, these tix are fucking expensive.

Oh, rereading the announcement, seems it's just NYC with the pre sale.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 10:43:52 AM »
I reread the announcement and it seems only 10/13 show has a presale. I was looking at the Boston show.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 11:30:36 AM »
Cool!  Hope there are some west coast dates that work.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 12:20:38 PM »
Thats a big Venue for a solo tour/show in NYC. Going to grab a pair of tickets though  :metal
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 12:21:44 PM »
Are they touring with their wives? Or is it a Y&T tribute band?

No prospects for a show down South, and I'll be traveled out in October, so this is probably not happening for me.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 12:50:12 PM »
Their wives.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2022, 01:14:08 PM »
Their wives.
Too bad.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2022, 01:21:17 PM »
Hopefully they'll make a stop in Charlotte... I'd like to see JP and MP onstage again and Terminal Velocity was a very good album for me.

I grabbed some tix for JR's solo show in Charlotte at the end of this month and I'm looking forward to it!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 01:36:13 PM »

As far as I know, there have only ever been two Y&T tribute bands, and they both expired within about a year after I gave up vocal duties in the "main" one.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2022, 01:42:35 PM »
I grabbed some tix for JR's solo show in Charlotte at the end of this month and I'm looking forward to it!
It's excellent. When I saw him the crowd was so small we were essentially just huddled up on his keyboard watching him play. His opening rampage was fantastic, and he did a solo rendition of Keys to the Imagination which was superb.

E.F. Benson

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2022, 02:29:01 PM »
For those in the LA area, what are some venues you could expect this show to play in?  I think this would do well in the El Rey like the Neal Morse Band tour this year, or maybe a larger room like the Belasco where Transatlantic played this year?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2022, 02:33:36 PM »
When MP teased some more things happening this year a while back, I thought they were trying to book a short LTE tour, but never thought it would be this instead!
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2022, 02:34:34 PM »
Is Yael from Meanstreak, Marlene Portnoy? She is in the picture but I don't see her name on the Mesa Boogie FB ad.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2022, 02:34:46 PM »
Thats a big Venue for a solo tour/show in NYC. Going to grab a pair of tickets though  :metal

Nice.  Adding the NYC show to my concert list, but I'm not ready to commit to purchasing.

Offline TheBarstoolWarrior

• PR permission
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2022, 03:27:06 PM »
Had a look and the tix are indeed expensive if you want front row balcony - I think these are more expensive than what I paid for orchestra DT tickets. I guess it's the standing room!

Offline Trav86

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2022, 04:06:59 PM »
Is Yael from Meanstreak, Marlene Portnoy? She is in the picture but I don't see her name on the Mesa Boogie FB ad.

Wasn’t Yael the drummer? Marlene is a guitar player.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2022, 02:16:17 AM »
Slightly related to this,

in the past few days a couple of videos with JP, both from Young Guitar, emerged on YT:

here he talks about his Majesty line, with a prototipe of the 8 strings, and other gears he's using in the studio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p84PfyzQKMU

DTHQ tour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfJ4u26T35U

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2022, 06:49:26 AM »

in the past few days a couple of videos with JP, both from Young Guitar, emerged on YT:

here he talks about his Majesty line, with a prototipe of the 8 strings, and other gears he's using in the studio

DTHQ tour

Cool videos, but my god the focus on the DTHQ video.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2022, 07:14:09 AM »

DTHQ tour

Cool videos, but my god the focus on the DTHQ video.

Probably done with a cinematic mode on iPhone.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2022, 07:16:30 AM »

As far as I know, there have only ever been two Y&T tribute bands, and they both expired within about a year after I gave up vocal duties in the "main" one.

:tup

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2022, 07:23:38 AM »
I just bought my ticket for New York; I guess it's all perspective, but I didn't think that was that outrageous.  I could have had second row front for $200 plus fees, but I ended up not ten rows back for under half that.  Some seats were $40.  Did I misunderstand something (I'm being sincere, not sarcastic)?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2022, 08:00:54 AM »
I just bought my ticket for New York; I guess it's all perspective, but I didn't think that was that outrageous.  I could have had second row front for $200 plus fees, but I ended up not ten rows back for under half that.  Some seats were $40.  Did I misunderstand something (I'm being sincere, not sarcastic)?

I only thought the up front $199 were a bit expensive.  And that's before they raise the prices for "official platinum" sales.  I paid much less for my front row DT ticket this year.  The rest of the prices seem fairly standard.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2022, 03:02:07 PM »

Got my tickets for NYC show (first row balcony). Now hoping for a Keswick Theater show too where I'll be up front! This show should be a blast and I'm really looking forward to seeing the wives perform in Meanstreak too! :metal

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2022, 05:48:05 PM »
I was just wondering, since it's JP's first solo headliner tour, I assume they'll be doing a 2 hour-ish set, so the question is, what is the set going to look like? Will they play both of JP's solo albums in full? Will they add a few of his unreleased tracks? Some random MP-era DT instrumentals?
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2022, 06:02:33 PM »
I was just wondering, since it's JP's first solo headliner tour, I assume they'll be doing a 2 hour-ish set, so the question is, what is the set going to look like? Will they play both of JP's solo albums in full? Will they add a few of his unreleased tracks? Some random MP-era DT instrumentals?

Raw Dog!!!!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2022, 06:15:17 PM »

Raw Dog!!!!
YES!!! :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2022, 06:28:27 PM »
That would actually be awesome.  But I'd guess a lot of his original music, maybe covers, and some jamming.  Maybe they will also do an encore with the wives? I'd guess something like 30-45 minutes of the wives to open and a 90 minute JP set. 

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2022, 06:54:34 PM »

Raw Dog!!!!
YES!!! :metal

I wouldn't complain about that :rollin

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2022, 08:02:47 PM »
It's excellent. When I saw him the crowd was so small we were essentially just huddled up on his keyboard watching him play. His opening rampage was fantastic, and he did a solo rendition of Keys to the Imagination which was superb.

I'm debating going to charlotte show as well, the venue he is playing is really intimate. I guess I'll scoop up a ticket.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2022, 07:03:40 AM »
That would actually be awesome.  But I'd guess a lot of his original music, maybe covers, and some jamming.  Maybe they will also do an encore with the wives? I'd guess something like 30-45 minutes of the wives to open and a 90 minute JP set.

I think having the wives come out would be really fun. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2022, 08:26:18 AM »
In no partical order, I think any (or all) of these piecess could be in the setlist:

Terminal Velocity
Happy Song
Gemini
Out of the Blue
Temple of Circadia
Glassy-eyed Zombie
Glassgow Kiss
Animate-Inanimate
Damage Control
Jaws of Life
Lost without you
Tunnel Vision

Plus whatever else they decide to do. And yeah I think having a few songs with the wives would be fun as well. Maybe similar to G3 style of show, have everyone come out at the end for some covers.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2022, 08:36:20 AM »

Yeah, it’d be fun to beat the crowd out of the venue.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2022, 09:11:14 AM »

Yeah, it’d be fun to beat the crowd out of the venue.

HAHA, meet you at the bar across the street after the show.  :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 01:06:24 PM by Stadler »