Author Topic: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN  (Read 65961 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN
« Reply #1015 on: March 19, 2023, 11:25:00 AM »
Tell me if that wasn't an LA King goaltender you wouldn't be fuming.

Perhaps, but I'd be WAY more annoyed with my guys for lazy, sloppy play (kinda like last night against stinking Vancouver).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline crazy climber dude

« Reply #1016 on: March 19, 2023, 05:35:07 PM »
The Avs got gifted their victory last night.  Refs make an absolutely mindboggling call for what ended up being the GWG - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IK1jOzY98s

Oh, and if you watch the REF, he has his whistle in his mouth the whole fucking time, but doesn't blow it until he sees the puck in the net.  There is 0% chance he could see the puck, and there is no possible explanation to justify this call.

At 0:31 of the video, you can clearly see the linesman signaling no icing.  He then drops his arms and signals it again.  No whistle.  No reason for anyone to stop playing.  That's just lazy/sloppy on the Sens.  Just cover the damn puck.

The beef isn't on the waived off icing.  I don't disagree ... you play to the whistle.  But A) the puck was covered.  B) Eller clearly pushes the goalie's leg/pad away to then be able to put the puck in the net.  On A... why the fuck after 3-4 seconds was the whistle not blown?  The referee (who had the whistle in his mouth) could not have in any conceivable way been able to see the puck from the angle he was at.  B) how is that not goalie interference?  Rule 69:

Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease.

On both counts, Eller interfered with the goalie.

Tell me if that wasn't an LA King goaltender you wouldn't be fuming.
Gift goal, perhaps. However....there's no way to know how the rest of the game would have played out had that not been awarded as a goal. So you can't say just because that ended up being the GWG, that it would have been if it were still 4-2 at that point. And even if you did extrapolate the outcome (for the sake of argument) to be 4-4 and going into OT at that point.....you have NO IDEA who would have won from there. So you can't say it was a GIFT GAME. GTFO.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1017 on: March 19, 2023, 06:44:43 PM »
Fair. But the refs gifted them the goal that ended up being the GWG. Again, guys …. I have no horse in the race. I’m just calling what I see.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1018 on: March 19, 2023, 07:20:09 PM »
I don’t recognize this Rangers team, but I hope they’re here to stay. Good lord do they have something against the color yellow? Absolutely dominant this weekend.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline crazy climber dude

« Reply #1019 on: March 20, 2023, 05:31:06 PM »
Fair. But the refs gifted them the goal that ended up being the GWG. Again, guys …. I have no horse in the race. I’m just calling what I see.
I hear ya. It was a bizarre series of events. I think everyone just assumed it was icing. But I think MORE bottom line than the refs messing up is....if you're a goalie and the puck is loose----and you don't hear a whistle----don't assume ANYTHING. Cover that puck and guard it with your life. I'm an Avs fan, so I admit by bias/dog in hunt.....however, I am fair too. If that was Georgiev (or was it Johansson in that game?) I would have felt the same way. Sucks and maybe it was goalie interference......but take ANY chance of there being some hijinx away by encasing that biscuit in leather.....with extreme down pressure......until you know exactly what is happening.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1020 on: March 20, 2023, 05:34:27 PM »
I mean you guard until you get the whistle.  Otherwise, you get this moment.

Unlucky Bounce: Patrick Roy shows the world his glove minus puck

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1021 on: March 20, 2023, 07:08:44 PM »

I remember seeing that live. Roy was awesome, but he was a jackass. 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1022 on: March 20, 2023, 11:37:17 PM »
So, the Kings annihilated the Flames today, 8-2.  Honestly didn't expect that against a team that's trying to claw their way to a wild card spot.  What's more impressive is the Kings depth is humming along very nicely even without Fiala.  Five days until the next game though.  It could lead to sloppy play when they get back on it, but with Fiala on IR and Vilardi taking a hard tumble in the 3rd where he didn't finish the game, the team could probably use that rest and hope one or both of them is ready to go on Saturday.

With Viktor Arvidsson's goal today, that puts him at 20 for the year.  Five Kings players now has at least 20 goals this season.  Wow.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 11:42:30 PM by Anguyen92 »

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1023 on: March 21, 2023, 06:03:34 AM »

I remember seeing that live. Roy was awesome, but he was a jackass.

"He was going to give the old "how do you do!" and he dropped the puck!"   HAHAHA.  Hockey announcers are the best.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1024 on: March 21, 2023, 08:38:40 PM »
So about halfway through the season I was getting a little tired of the Red Wings broadcasts, so I said to myself, why not take advantage of watching an out-of-market team since most the games are on ESPN+. So for a good bit now I've always watched the away broadcasts for Red Wings games.

With that said, for tonight's games against the Blues they went on quite regularly about all the former Blues on the Red Wings roster. And all I was thinking all game was, man, Kev really must be enjoying this!

Edit: And huzzah, one extra meaningless point for Detroit!
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1025 on: March 22, 2023, 06:08:55 AM »
Bruins get a power play in the first period and Montgomery puts out his first line.   About 30 seconds later, the Sens get another penalty and now the B's have a 5-on-3 power play.   Montgomery calls a time out; gives his first line a chance to rest, and he - sort of inexplicably - pulls Jake DeBrusk who has been ON FIRE in the last couple games (something like seven points in five games or some shit) and puts in David Krejci who hasn't scored a power play goal in something like 20 games....

Guess who stuffs home the rebound of a Hampus Lindholm shot for a PP goal less than 30 seconds later?  Love it!  Later in the period DeBrusk gets the game winner and the B's slam the door for two periods for the win. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1026 on: March 22, 2023, 06:19:24 AM »
So about halfway through the season I was getting a little tired of the Red Wings broadcasts, so I said to myself, why not take advantage of watching an out-of-market team since most the games are on ESPN+. So for a good bit now I've always watched the away broadcasts for Red Wings games.

With that said, for tonight's games against the Blues they went on quite regularly about all the former Blues on the Red Wings roster. And all I was thinking all game was, man, Kev really must be enjoying this!

Edit: And huzzah, one extra meaningless point for Detroit!

:censored :censored :lol :lol

Actually, I didn't see the game. I have barely watched any sports at all in the last month or so. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1027 on: March 22, 2023, 06:23:56 AM »
Calling a TO in that instance was interesting. In most cases, I'd call it a desperation move, but he obviously sensed something.

The Sens have played the Bruins tough this year. They have some good young players, as to the Wings.

And, speaking of Hampus Lindholm.... He has been the Bruins best all around d-man I've seen since Ray Bourgue..yeah yeah Chara I know, but Lindholm excels in all three zones. I know McAvoy gets all the attention, but to me, Lindholm has been playing at a Norris trophy clip. Leads the league in +/- with +46. The guy has been making plays all year and is a huge part of what's been going on here this year.

Also..no matter what or how the Bruins finish the regular season, this season rests on that second round matchup with Toronto.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1028 on: March 22, 2023, 06:43:37 AM »
Lindholm is a quiet, extremely solid, all around defensive player.  I'm glad the B's shook off the rust that seemed to be settling in.  Back to solid defense while winning in multiple ways.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1029 on: March 22, 2023, 06:57:55 AM »
Lindholm is a quiet, extremely solid, all around defensive player.  I'm glad the B's shook off the rust that seemed to be settling in.  Back to solid defense while winning in multiple ways.

You had asked me last week if I was worried, and well, I only have one worry, and that's Toronto.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1030 on: March 22, 2023, 07:07:01 AM »

I could watch that all day.  Second best Patrick Roy moment in that series.  The best was him giving up 6 goals on 16 shots in Game 7 of that series, and getting serenaded by "Patrick! Patrick!" by Wings fans as he left the ice at Joe Louis Arena. 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1031 on: March 22, 2023, 07:12:31 AM »

You had asked me last week if I was worried, and well, I only have one worry, and that's Toronto.

B's are 2-1-1 this year vs. Them.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1032 on: March 22, 2023, 09:29:42 AM »
Calling a TO in that instance was interesting. In most cases, I'd call it a desperation move, but he obviously sensed something.

The Sens have played the Bruins tough this year. They have some good young players, as to the Wings.

And, speaking of Hampus Lindholm.... He has been the Bruins best all around d-man I've seen since Ray Bourgue..yeah yeah Chara I know, but Lindholm excels in all three zones. I know McAvoy gets all the attention, but to me, Lindholm has been playing at a Norris trophy clip. Leads the league in +/- with +46. The guy has been making plays all year and is a huge part of what's been going on here this year.

Also..no matter what or how the Bruins finish the regular season, this season rests on that second round matchup with Toronto.

In 100% agreement on Lindholm; I wrote about getting a jersey and it's probably going to be "27".  Just my kind of player.   Solid, no frills, but indispensible. 

(I'm a fan of Chara, no doubt, but I'd rather have Lindholm than Chara, if given the choice.)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1033 on: March 22, 2023, 09:34:19 AM »

I don't disagree about Toronto; depending on how brutal that series is, though, I don't really want to face the Rangers or the Devils if we're bloodied and bruised. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1034 on: March 22, 2023, 10:29:20 AM »

I don't disagree about Toronto; depending on how brutal that series is, though, I don't really want to face the Rangers or the Devils if we're bloodied and bruised.

The only team in the Metro I'd be concerned with is Carolina. And they don't concern me nearly as much as Toronto does.

And I don't think we'll be as bloodied and bruised against Toronto as either the Rangers or Devils will be against Carolina if they get there.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1035 on: March 22, 2023, 10:36:37 AM »
Fair point.   Fair point. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1036 on: March 22, 2023, 10:39:17 AM »
Of course, bruised and bloodied isn't necessarily a bad thing to experience. It's actually getting injured.
I'd hate to lose Bergeron in the first round against the Islanders believe me.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1037 on: March 22, 2023, 11:33:35 AM »

The only team in the Metro I'd be concerned with is Carolina. And they don't concern me nearly as much as Toronto does.

And I don't think we'll be as bloodied and bruised against Toronto as either the Rangers or Devils will be against Carolina if they get there.

Oh man, I think I'd be worried about them as well as Toronto.  They always seem to have our #.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1038 on: March 22, 2023, 05:59:03 PM »
After some springy stuff, the top 4 in the Pacific are back to within 9 points of each other (with Seattle having one game in hand on everyone else).  Big game between Vegas and Edmonton on Saturday.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1039 on: March 24, 2023, 09:04:54 AM »
I know Montreal is not lighting it up this year, but a good solid win in a game that started really chippy and could have been a much bigger shitshow than it was.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1040 on: March 24, 2023, 09:35:29 AM »
Tomorrow will be a fun day.

Seattle at Nashville at 11 a.m.  Seattle has 12 points in its last 10 games.  A win will be a huge boon to Nashville's playoff hopes.  Go Preds!

Kings host Winnipeg at 1 p.m.  Kings with 18 points in their last 10 games, while Winnipeg needs a win to stay strong in the first WC spot.

And what should be a great game at 7 p.m. with Vegas at Edmonton.  Both teams are 8-2-0 in their last 10.  I'll probably be rooting for Edmonton since the Kings are 4 points back of Vegas (however, for a change, the Kings have a game in hand).

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1041 on: March 25, 2023, 10:52:22 PM »
Well, Kings won nice and decisively over the Jets, which is fine.

Regarding Oilers/Golden Knights, just about the worst case scenario for the Kings happened in that game.  Went to OT and the Golden Knights won.  Would have been pretty happy with a Oilers regulation win on that one to keep the Golden Knights within a more reachable distance for the division lead.  About the only times I can really root for a regulation Oilers win due to the standing positions.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1042 on: March 26, 2023, 07:06:16 AM »
Big game at 4pm EST.  B's @ Hurricanes.   Last few games, teams tried to bully/out physical the B's. I wonder if Carolina will try to since the B's are on a back to back traveling yesterday. 

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1043 on: March 26, 2023, 08:31:55 AM »
Big game at 4pm EST.  B's @ Hurricanes.   Last few games, teams tried to bully/out physical the B's. I wonder if Carolina will try to since the B's are on a back to back traveling yesterday.

Canes just played a tough one against the Leafs.  They pummelled the Leafs in the first 12 minutes.  Shots were 16-4 at that point of the 1st; tied 16-16 by the end of the period, and the Leafs owned them in the 2nd.  Canes got a late goal right after the Leafs had tied it 3-3, and then shut it down.  Matthews had 15 shots on goal - tied for most ever by a Leaf, and most in the league since Ovi had that many back in 2015.  Koetchetkov (sp??) won that game for them.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1044 on: March 26, 2023, 08:33:58 AM »
Matthews' arms must have been weak after that many shots. Second round in the playoffs should be nuts this year.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1045 on: March 26, 2023, 08:38:55 AM »
Good night last night, the Devils won, hit 100 points for the season, and clinched a playoff spot (though technically that happened during the game due to a loss elsewhere). Still some room for changes over the last few games of the season, but in all likelihood headed for home ice and a first round series against the Rangers. Not exactly looking forward to that the way they, and particularly Shesterkin, have been playing lately.
Photobucket sucks.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1046 on: March 26, 2023, 09:44:35 AM »
Good night last night, the Devils won, hit 100 points for the season, and clinched a playoff spot (though technically that happened during the game due to a loss elsewhere). Still some room for changes over the last few games of the season, but in all likelihood headed for home ice and a first round series against the Rangers. Not exactly looking forward to that the way they, and particularly Shesterkin, have been playing lately.
Yeah, that's quite likely be the closest first round series out of the East, IMO.  I'm not taking Tampa for granted by any means, but they have looked rather ordinary (to say the least) lately.  Though, that can often be the scariest team ... coast in to the post-season, then amp it up to fire on all cylinders.  And Vasilevsky is just as (if not more so) likely to be the most threatening goalie to be staring across the ice at.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1047 on: March 26, 2023, 11:48:53 AM »
Yeah, that's quite likely be the closest first round series out of the East, IMO.  I'm not taking Tampa for granted by any means, but they have looked rather ordinary (to say the least) lately.  Though, that can often be the scariest team ... coast in to the post-season, then amp it up to fire on all cylinders.  And Vasilevsky is just as (if not more so) likely to be the most threatening goalie to be staring across the ice at.

Tampa came to play last night. Looked like Cooper wanted them to make a statement. Bruins did just enough to hold them off.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1048 on: March 26, 2023, 02:15:51 PM »
Two games that teams came ready to attack Tim and good responses by the B's bin both games. Looking forward to the Canes game today.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1049 on: March 26, 2023, 03:02:42 PM »
No Bergeron, Marchand & Lindholm today. Load management.