Author Topic: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN  (Read 65874 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN
« Reply #665 on: January 25, 2023, 03:07:55 PM »
To be fair guys, Buffalo's offense is 2nd in the league - just 1 total GF behind Boston.  They're a handful.  They know how to bulge the twine.

It's deeper than that.....I mean.....'we' had a 6-4 PP to close out the game and they allowed an empty net goal. Just lazy playing, bottom line. This incarnation of players/coaches is not mixing and working well. There are bright spots...but all in all there is a LOT more wrong than what there is to be excited about.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #666 on: January 25, 2023, 04:16:33 PM »
To be fair guys, Buffalo's offense is 2nd in the league - just 1 total GF behind Boston.  They're a handful.  They know how to bulge the twine.

It's deeper than that.....I mean.....'we' had a 6-4 PP to close out the game and they allowed an empty net goal. Just lazy playing, bottom line. This incarnation of players/coaches is not mixing and working well. There are bright spots...but all in all there is a LOT more wrong than what there is to be excited about.

That's fair.  I just thought ragging on the defense for giving up 4+EN to the 2nd highest scoring team in the league was misdirected rage.  :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #667 on: January 25, 2023, 07:02:38 PM »

That's fair.  I just thought ragging on the defense for giving up 4+EN to the 2nd highest scoring team in the league was misdirected rage.  :biggrin:

We’re not at full blown rage mode yet……I was prepped for this season being more or less a throw away season so my expectations weren’t very high.

I’m more ticked these days at the media covering the Blues that are still trying to convince the fans this team is good. the flashes of good play and clever quips from the media folk can’t fool folks who have seen this show before.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #668 on: January 25, 2023, 07:37:21 PM »
The Rangers should've bought tickets if they were going to just stand there and watch Mitch Marner skate around.  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #669 on: January 25, 2023, 08:06:47 PM »
The Rangers should've bought tickets if they were going to just stand there and watch Mitch Marner skate around.  :lol

Haha. They couldn't wait to hear Hall & Oates again.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #670 on: January 26, 2023, 04:13:14 AM »

Yeah, they all seemed to be more concerned about what Matthews might do coming off the bench, as opposed to Marner actually driving to the net.   :lol

The Leafs owe 2 gifts to Krieder for the W last night - the first missing a WIDE OPEN tap in PPG mid-way thru the 3rd; the second for impersonating a gnat as he tried to defend Liljegren on the game-tying goal - I mean, he was right on top of Liljegren, but he seemed like nothing more than annoyance.  Second 3rd-period comeback of the year, both in the last 10 days.  Samsonov is smokin hot right now. 14-0-1 at home, and keeping them in the tight games when they're having trouble with the opposing goaltender.  Their last 3 Ws have been against goalies going to the All-Star game (Shersterkin, Sorokin, Hellebucyk)

Isles: W 5-2
Rangers: W 2-1 (OT)
Sens:
Caps:
Bruins:

CBJ beating the Oil??  That's why they make them play the games.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jammindude

« Reply #671 on: January 26, 2023, 07:54:20 PM »
It’s crazy to think that if the Flames beat the Blackhawks tonight (likely) there will be only 4 points separating the top 5 teams in the Pacific Division.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #672 on: January 26, 2023, 07:58:07 PM »

The Bruins begin a 5 game road trip tonight that will end with that same game against the Leafs. Some tough games on this trip.

Tues @ Montreal W 4-2
Thurs @ Tampa L 3-2
Sat @ Florida
Sun @ Carolina
Wed @ Toronto

Great game for two periods, although Kucherov scored on a bullshit faceoff for Tampa's 2nd goal.

Bruins played their worst 3rd period of the season. Really lax and sloppy coverage and tons of mistakes.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #673 on: January 26, 2023, 07:58:46 PM »
Self inflicted game winning goal they gave up.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #674 on: January 26, 2023, 08:40:23 PM »
I was very conflicted watching that 3rd period.  I didn't want either team to take 2 points, but Boston losing is always enjoyable.

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #675 on: January 26, 2023, 09:30:36 PM »
Yeah, the Pacific division is unbelievably tight right now!

Ugh, are the Blues really losing 0-5 to the Arizona Coyotes?! Stick a fork in them-their season is toast. Now I guess going forward I'll be rooting for the Seattle Kraken (since they're closest to me) and the Buffalo Sabres (because they haven't made the playoffs since 2011 and I feel sorry for their fans) The Sabres just won their 5th game in a row and are only a couple points away from a wildcard spot.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #676 on: January 26, 2023, 09:34:49 PM »
And as soon as I say something, I end up jinxing the Flames. Who would’ve thought they would get stomped on their home ice by Chicago?  :facepalm:
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #677 on: January 26, 2023, 09:35:33 PM »
It’s crazy to think that if the Flames beat the Blackhawks tonight (likely) there will be only 4 points separating the top 5 teams in the Pacific Division.

Yeah, that didn't happen.  This Flames team is weird to assess at times.  They look like they are hitting what they are supposed to be after getting their big acquisitions one day.  Other days they don't and I'm sure at some point, the team and media are sick of Darryl Sutter doing the Sutterisms.  Still, this Pacific division may suck, but there are 5 teams looks like they can nab the 3-4 spots, and I'm sitting here every night sweating games. 

And as soon as I say something, I end up jinxing the Flames. Who would’ve thought they would get stomped on their home ice by Chicago?  :facepalm:

Good.  We want that.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #678 on: January 27, 2023, 06:06:38 AM »
Updated live look at the Blues defense:

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #679 on: January 27, 2023, 06:30:18 AM »
Fuckery all around last night - Coyotes, Ducks, and Blackhawks all with big wins.

I said it before, I do think the shit-show that is home ice for Arizona gives them as distinct a home-ice advantage as Colorado.  That arena is just awful.  Their home (10-8-2) and away (6-20-3) records validate this assumption.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #680 on: January 27, 2023, 06:55:47 AM »
Fuckery all around last night - Coyotes

I said it before, I do think the shit-show that is home ice for Arizona gives them as distinct a home-ice advantage as Colorado.  That arena is just awful.  Their home (10-8-2) and away (6-20-3) records validate this assumption.

Well....they were also playing the Blues last night who are an absolute shit show right now. It's pretty baffling how absent their level of compete is. It's such a cliche' but you can tell when watching games the teams that are actually playing together, within a system and as a 'team' and the teams who's players just show up and play. This entire season the Blues just show up and play....some games they look unbeatable but most games they look like a group of guys just showing up to play as individual contractors. It's awful hockey to watch and infuriating as well.

Doesn't matter anyway.....the Cup is Boston's to lose this year.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #681 on: January 27, 2023, 07:37:08 AM »

I'm still unconvinced.  Said it before, and I still believe it ... they give me all the same sense of domination that the '19 Bolts had, and the Panthers last year.  We all know how those ended up.  I don't think cruising thru the regular season without any adversity bodes well come playoff time.  What happens if/when a couple injuries creep in?  What happens if Ullmark starts playing 'good'?  What happens if they run into a hotter goalie, or their PP goes into a funk, or the PK gets a little leaky?  82 games in the regular season is to prepare for the grind of the playoffs, and so far, they've yet had a need to 'grind'.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #682 on: January 27, 2023, 07:55:20 AM »
Hockey playoffs are a different breed.  Most teams in it have a chance.  No other sport is like that. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #683 on: January 27, 2023, 07:57:08 AM »

I'm still unconvinced.  Said it before, and I still believe it ... they give me all the same sense of domination that the '19 Bolts had, and the Panthers last year.  We all know how those ended up.  I don't think cruising thru the regular season without any adversity bodes well come playoff time.  What happens if/when a couple injuries creep in?  What happens if Ullmark starts playing 'good'?  What happens if they run into a hotter goalie, or their PP goes into a funk, or the PK gets a little leaky?  82 games in the regular season is to prepare for the grind of the playoffs, and so far, they've yet had a need to 'grind'.

Yeah....totally get that and agree. Adversity can only make you better and they haven't really had that element this year, it's been a breeze for them. I'm talking more of a sense that the way they are dominating it is 'theirs to lose'.....meaning, they have no excuse not to. They've shown they're capabilities....but, if I were Tim and Joe I'd be 'nervous' just for the reason(s) you mentioned.

Hockey playoffs are a different breed.  Most teams in it have a chance.  No other sport is like that. 

Yep. And, that's one of the many different reasons why it is without a doubt the single hardest professional Championship to win. Period. There isn't really any other sport that can come close....they're all a distant second

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #684 on: January 27, 2023, 08:16:51 AM »
Well if it makes you guys feel any better, the Devils defense was about of similar quality last night in Nashville. So many high danger changes allowed due to careless/sloppy play. Hopefully they can shake it off for tonight's game against Dallas
Photobucket sucks.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #685 on: January 27, 2023, 08:24:23 AM »
Well if it makes you guys feel any better, the Devils defense was about of similar quality last night in Nashville. So many high danger changes allowed due to careless/sloppy play. Hopefully they can shake it off for tonight's game against Dallas

We have tickets to the Blues vs Devils on 2/16. I'm just hoping for a semi competitive game so I don't feel utterly disappointed for spending the $$$ on the tix.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #686 on: January 27, 2023, 10:41:32 AM »
"Auston Matthews will be out at least three weeks for the Toronto Maple Leafs because of a knee sprain."

Well, so much for 8+ points on this homestand.  At least Willie will get to go to the All-Star game now - or not... Barkov is going in Matthews' stead - understandable, getting another home-city selection in there.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #687 on: January 27, 2023, 08:00:58 PM »
Well, that was fugly. Very sloppy puck management by The Leafs tonight. One unlucky goal, and 4 from virtually perfect shots.

Sens: L 6-2

Caps:
Bruins:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #688 on: January 27, 2023, 08:03:37 PM »
Bruins are 0-1-1 in their two games against the Sens.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #689 on: January 27, 2023, 08:05:57 PM »
I've been saying to a few Sens fans in a Discord Group I'm in, I feel like they got a great top-6 forming and maybe this is a team that can make an impact.  Brady Tkachuk, from what I've read on some analytics charts, is pretty snake-bitten when it comes to finishing this year, but I like what he brings for that team and he might grow to be a great captain for them.  I like him more than his brother Matthew.  They just need to round out all the other stuff like most teams (see Sabres and Red Wings and Kings) that's trying to build to be a respectable team again.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #690 on: January 28, 2023, 05:34:47 AM »
Oh, they'll be a force for sure.  In a few years, there will be a passing of the guard in the Atlantic from Toronto/Boston/Tampa to Buffalo/Ottawa/Detroit ... hell, even Montreal has a good reason to be considered a contending team in a few years.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #691 on: January 28, 2023, 06:55:21 PM »
The Bruins begin a 5 game road trip tonight that will end with that same game against the Leafs. Some tough games on this trip.

Tues @ Montreal W 4-2
Thurs @ Tampa L 3-2
Sat @ Florida L 4-3 OT
Sun @ Carolina
Wed @ Toronto

Bruins not on their game tonight. Sloppy in their own end late in the game. Carolina tomorrow night. Could be ugly.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #692 on: January 29, 2023, 02:24:12 PM »

Tues @ Montreal W 4-2
Thurs @ Tampa L 3-2
Sat @ Florida L 4-3 OT
Sun @ Carolina
Wed @ Toronto

Bruins not on their game tonight. Sloppy in their own end late in the game. Carolina tomorrow night. Could be ugly.

Kings play in Carolina on Tuesday, so maybe injure a couple Hurricanes.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #693 on: January 29, 2023, 06:42:05 PM »
Things could not have been better tonight.  Leafs were 'up' for Tavares' 1000th game, and laid a bit of a whoopin on the Caps.  Even without Matthews, this is a very good team.  A graphic flashed up during the game, the Leafs and Caps have the most man-games lost to injury this season - I think it was 356 for the Leafs; 352 for the Caps (or something like that).  Not bad to be in the top-5 in the league while leading the league in total man-games lost to injury

And then the Canes beat the Bs.  What a glorious way to cap off a weekend.

Sens: L 6-2
Caps: W 5-1

Bruins:

Wednesday ought to be a very fun game.

And then the Leafs come out of the All-Star break playing CBJ twice (home/home B2B), then Chicago-Montreal-Chicago.  Hopefully they don't lay a bunch of eggs during that stretch.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #694 on: January 29, 2023, 06:44:50 PM »

Tues @ Montreal W 4-2
Thurs @ Tampa L 3-2
Sat @ Florida L 4-3 OT
Sun @ Carolina L 4-1
Wed @ Toronto

Didn't watch one shift of tonight's game.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #695 on: January 30, 2023, 09:20:11 AM »
RIP Bobby Hull.  Never got to see him in his prime (naturally), but one of the all-time legends for sure.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #696 on: January 30, 2023, 09:40:53 AM »
RIP Bobby Hull.  Never got to see him in his prime (naturally), but one of the all-time legends for sure.

Yeah....just saw this news. 84 years is a hell of a run......

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #697 on: January 30, 2023, 11:06:01 AM »

Tues @ Montreal W 4-2
Thurs @ Tampa L 3-2
Sat @ Florida L 4-3 OT
Sun @ Carolina L 4-1
Wed @ Toronto

Didn't watch one shift of tonight's game.

You didn't miss much. :sadpanda:
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #698 on: January 31, 2023, 09:25:03 PM »
Wow... the Kings did a remarkable job to snatch defeat right out of the jaws of victory.

Ouch.  That's a bad beat.  I don't care if it was Carolina or not.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #699 on: February 01, 2023, 11:18:53 AM »
Wow... the Kings did a remarkable job to snatch defeat right out of the jaws of victory.

Ouch.  That's a bad beat.  I don't care if it was Carolina or not.

Sigh....

That's basically what they did to the Kings when I went to the game earlier this season.  This time, they waited until the third period.  At least the Kings got a point out of it.

And now the Kings have 10 days off.  Next game isn't until Saturday, Feb. 11.  Seattle and Vegas play 3 and 2 games in the meantime.  Whoever made this schedule is an idiot.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung