Author Topic: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN  (Read 65904 times)

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN
« Reply #560 on: January 02, 2023, 03:30:37 PM »
Nice Winter Classic today. Even better music during the 2nd intermission 👍😉
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #561 on: January 02, 2023, 03:32:00 PM »
Oh I feel confident that the Kraken can compete with the Golden Knights.  My post was questioning if the Golden Knights would still be good by then at this time next year.

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #562 on: January 02, 2023, 03:41:15 PM »
Oh I feel confident that the Kraken can compete with the Golden Knights.  My post was questioning if the Golden Knights would still be good by then at this time next year.
They'd have to fall off the performance cliff for that to be the case. I think lots of folks (most folks?) thought they'd be a bubble playoff team this season,  and yet our Oil and Kings have been looking up at them in the standings all season.  I wouldn't bet against them being good again next season.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #563 on: January 02, 2023, 07:13:16 PM »
Went to a hockey game today...

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #564 on: January 02, 2023, 07:18:50 PM »
Nice!  Could you actually see what was happening?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #565 on: January 02, 2023, 07:24:44 PM »
Nice!  Could you actually see what was happening?

Definitely. All three goals were scored in tight at our end, and we couldn't actually see those. The biggest issue I had was my depth perception was a bit off at times, but the telecast was playing in the center field screen, so if I needed to recalculate quickly, I just had to glance up briefly. But we had a clear view of the goal at the opposite end.

Being that low, it was amazing to see just how big some of these guys are. Evgeny Malkin for one. He's a fucking giant.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #566 on: January 02, 2023, 07:44:14 PM »
So freaking cool Tim. That’s incredible.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #567 on: January 02, 2023, 08:52:15 PM »
If only the game was one second longer!

Canada / Slovakia Jr game was off-the-charts entertaining - although nerve-racking.  The Slovakian goalie was something else, and Canada hit 5 posts in the third period alone, and another in OT.  Bedard's winner was God-tier.  He literally walked through/around all 3 players, and around the goalie (who I kinda felt bad for - he almost deserved to steal that one for his team).  If Canada wins Gold, that goal will go down as a thing of legends (Bedard already had 5 SOG in OT at that point).  Slovakia was a tough out.

USA on Wednesday.  Hopefully it's just as entertaining, with a similar outcome.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline romdrums

« Reply #568 on: January 03, 2023, 07:05:59 AM »
That's awesome TAC!  I imagine that Fenway is actually a great atmosphere for a hockey game.  I thought it was cool how the Bruins rolled into the game wearing throwback Red Sox unis.  That was a nice touch!
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #569 on: January 04, 2023, 08:37:40 PM »
Anyone else watch the CAN/USA game tonight?  It could (should) have just as easily been a 5-2 USA victory.  Milic was the second coming of Marc Andre Fleury - I  :omg:'d at least 1/2 a dozen times.  Canada was outplayed for most of the game, but fortune was on their side.  The 1st goalie-interference call was iffy (could've gone either way); but the 2nd one was clearly a non-goal.  They capitalized on their chances, but the Americans couldn't (3 posts during the game - 2 of them in the 3rd).

Revenge game for Gold against Czechia tomorrow night.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #570 on: January 05, 2023, 09:30:26 AM »
That game was fixed.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #571 on: January 05, 2023, 09:56:05 AM »
That game was fixed.

Fixed by Milic making all the saves he did.  I thought the refs did a good job, letting a lot of marginal calls go.  The Americans benefitted from that as much (if not more) than the Canadians.  USA looked like the better team overall, but the Canadians got the better goaltending.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #572 on: January 05, 2023, 10:03:15 AM »
got the better goaltending.

Goalies can certainly steal a game and get into the heads of the players with each great save. Just happened to the team I coach. We outplayed, outshot and outclassed a team the entire game but lost 1-0. Their freaking goalie was just incredible for that game.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #573 on: January 06, 2023, 06:49:24 AM »
I didn't watch the USA/Sweden game, but watching the highlights...

Obviously with an 8-7 score this shouldn't be a shock, but seeing the goals..the goaltending was atrocious.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #574 on: January 06, 2023, 11:05:15 AM »
Good game last night Gary and Kev. Devils generated some chances, but Binnington was just on last night.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #575 on: January 06, 2023, 11:30:10 AM »
Good game last night Gary and Kev. Devils generated some chances, but Binnington was just on last night.

He's been like that this season. He's faced a ton of shots and his stats aren't great....but he has kept the Blues in a lot of games. The Devils were swarming all night.....lots of young, quick, skilled players. That has to be a blast to watch on a nightly basis.

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #576 on: January 06, 2023, 03:54:34 PM »

He's been like that this season. He's faced a ton of shots and his stats aren't great....but he has kept the Blues in a lot of games. The Devils were swarming all night.....lots of young, quick, skilled players. That has to be a blast to watch on a nightly basis.

Yeah, they've been a lot of fun this season (although moreso in November when it was all Ws :lol). Very exciting times though as after a few years of underperforming now we're overperforming preseason expectations for a change. And we've got a couple highly regarded D prospects who should be with the club next season or maybe even the latter part of this one.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #577 on: January 06, 2023, 03:56:16 PM »
I see the Red Wings and Husso aren't doing so well since that hot start...

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #578 on: January 06, 2023, 04:12:54 PM »
It looks like they have been overtaken by the Buffalo Sabres???  Can't see the Sabres having enough in the tank in getting a spot, but they will make other teams in the hunt sweat.  I imagine 5 teams in the Metro and 3 in the Atlantic will get in, unless the Sabres throws a wrench in those plans.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #579 on: January 06, 2023, 07:37:15 PM »
Watching the Wings/Panthers tonight...

I didn't know Evermind was coaching the Red Wings.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #580 on: January 07, 2023, 05:57:43 AM »
It looks like they have been overtaken by the Buffalo Sabres???  Can't see the Sabres having enough in the tank in getting a spot, but they will make other teams in the hunt sweat.  I imagine 5 teams in the Metro and 3 in the Atlantic will get in, unless the Sabres throws a wrench in those plans.

If they could only play a little defense and get consistent goaltending.  That part of their game is starting to come together, but it might be too little, too late for this year.  They're exiting as fuck to watch though.  I think (hope?) they'll be playing meaningful games in March/April - they should be able to stay in the hunt for a while, but I don't suspect they'll catch the 8th spot.  And it seems unfathomable how much Florida has regressed.  I always knew they were punching WAAAAAAY out of their weight-class last year, but man they are not good this year.  Apparently, their trade for Chiarot at the deadline was not a "top-10 protected" 1st round pick.  I'm sure Montreal is salivating at the thought they are going to get a really high draft pick out of that move.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #581 on: January 07, 2023, 10:03:51 AM »
I see the Red Wings and Husso aren't doing so well since that hot start...

I mean, at this point they are more where they are expected. Injuries have hit hard, basically without two top 6 forwards all season in Bertuzzi and Vrana. And now the latter seems like he may never return to form following an injury and time in the player assistance program. Still, lots of positive signs from this year. And time yet to go on another run and potentially push for the playoffs. Fabbri is also back now which could be big if he shows top form quickly. Wouldn't say I'm happy with where they've been at, especially lately, but it's not off a cliff from the season's expectations.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #582 on: January 07, 2023, 04:02:26 PM »
It’s a good time to be facing the Leafs. They usually honk in January.

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #583 on: January 08, 2023, 08:51:41 AM »
Ended up being a great rivalry game between the Devils and the Rangers yesterday. I thought Shesterkin was going to steal one for NY, but we were able to erase a 3-1 defecit in the third and then win it in OT.  A three point game gives Jack Hughes 49G and 100P over his last 82, can't believe we've got him locked in at 8M a season for the rest of the decade.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #584 on: January 09, 2023, 11:57:20 PM »
Well, then.  That was a pretty exciting Kings/Oilers game to watch.  Kings scored 4 PP goals on 7 attempts.  Oilers went 0 for 6 on the PP, which was a pretty shocking result for both teams.  Three fights occurred and a lot of nastiness in the game.  As good as a run as the Kings are rolling in this nice stretch, they can't seem to fend off the Kraken.  The Kraken haven't fallen harder yet and I thought they were going to fall at some point after a not a great stretch in December, but here they are.  Five wins in a row with 5 less games played than the Kings and only four points that separates them.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #585 on: January 10, 2023, 09:56:11 AM »
Well, then.  That was a pretty exciting Kings/Oilers game to watch.  Kings scored 4 PP goals on 7 attempts.  Oilers went 0 for 6 on the PP, which was a pretty shocking result for both teams.  Three fights occurred and a lot of nastiness in the game.  As good as a run as the Kings are rolling in this nice stretch, they can't seem to fend off the Kraken.  The Kraken haven't fallen harder yet and I thought they were going to fall at some point after a not a great stretch in December, but here they are.  Five wins in a row with 5 less games played than the Kings and only four points that separates them.

That game was INTENSE!  Phillip Danault dropping the gloves?!

The biggest problem is that the Kings are only going to play 9 games in the next 32 days (including today).  Over the same period of time, Seattle will play 13 games, and that still won't completely close the games-in-hand gap.  I just hope that, with Seattle having to play 10 games between today and the end of February, the team won't be able to maintain its 1.282 points per game played average and pass the Kings in the standings.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #586 on: January 11, 2023, 06:25:26 AM »
Just taking a peek at the Pacific ...

The Kraken are on a bit of a heater!  And have a better goal differential than the Knights.
Jesus... LA has the same number of GA as the Coyotes!  Shit, even the Blackhawks have fewer GA.  Good thing they've got a strong offense.
Edmonton... going thru another mid-year slump. Weren't they like 5-15 during one stretch last year in December/January?

Offline romdrums

« Reply #587 on: January 11, 2023, 07:23:23 AM »

Edmonton... going thru another mid-year slump. Weren't they like 5-15 during one stretch last year in December/January?

If I had to live in Edmonton in December and January I'd be hard pressed to do better than 5-15 myself. 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #588 on: January 11, 2023, 07:45:28 AM »
Blues are dicking around and getting us fans excited. They've looked like a better and different team since O'Reily and Tarasenko went on IR. Plus we have four defensemen hurt as well...Krug, Bortuzzo, Leddy, Perunovich....so, Personally I think it marks a clear path for Armstrong to shop/trade them for future assets and let the crew we have in place now finish the season.

They aren't winning the Cup this year by any means (way too inexperience of a D Corps) and 'if' they do make the playoffs they're an 'upset the first round opponent' type of team.....but they've shown that they can play well without some of these 'key' players in place and that the younger players are ready for the next step.... Lets move on and move into the future

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #589 on: January 11, 2023, 07:49:10 AM »
Totally agree, Gary.  I think this speaks volumes to how good Berube is, that the team is playing well despite missing many of their best/better players.  I will always have a soft spot for O'Reilly and (especially) Tarasenko, as '19 never happens without both playing at a high level, but it is time to move from them.  It is clear that neither wants to be here anymore.

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #590 on: January 11, 2023, 01:23:38 PM »

If I had to live in Edmonton in December and January I'd be hard pressed to do better than 5-15 myself.
It actually hasn't been too bad this January with mostly single digit below freezing temps (in Celsius,  mind you). December, however,  was atrocious. And at least we don't get shit loads of snow. Just brutal, dry cold, which beats shoveling 6ft snow drifts. Or being buried alive in your car.

Oil are in a world of trouble if they can't turn right this ship. Campbell is at least picking it up a bit, but overall the team isn't performing.  They were supposed  to be competing for the division,  not barely hanging on in the wildcard race. My guess is Holland is done for if they miss the playoffs

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #591 on: January 11, 2023, 01:36:28 PM »
Kraken vs. B's Thursday night.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jammindude

« Reply #592 on: January 11, 2023, 02:51:05 PM »
I’m psyched about that one. The Kraken are red hot right now, but I don’t think they’ll beat the B’s on their home ice.

It would be a heck of a statement if they did though.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #593 on: January 11, 2023, 02:58:14 PM »
I’m psyched about that one. The Kraken are red hot right now, but I don’t think they’ll beat the B’s on their home ice.

I'd prefer it if they did.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #594 on: January 11, 2023, 03:06:43 PM »

I'd prefer it if they did.

I think all of us non-Bruins fans prefer that.  This has been a great run, but there has to come a time where the Bs will lose in regulation at home this season.