Author Topic: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN  (Read 66879 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN
« Reply #875 on: March 01, 2023, 04:20:57 PM »
OMFG.  The Senators got Jacob Chychrun from the Coyotes for only a 1st round pick in 2023, a 2nd in 2024, and a 2nd in 2026.  WTF, Blake?  I would have loved the Kings to pay that.  He had term for two years.  The Sens don't even need to give up a prospect.

The Sens are on the come.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #876 on: March 01, 2023, 04:26:51 PM »
Jingle.son and I have the last two games of the season for Buffalo - vs Canes and Sens. We are salivating at the thought that BOTH games could have playoff implications, especially the last one possibly being a win-and-you’re-in scenario.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pg1067

« Reply #877 on: March 01, 2023, 05:13:01 PM »
I'm now seeing that the Kings picked up a Sabres prospect goalie, Erik Portillo, for a 3rd round pick.  I'm also seeing that Columbus may be flipping or already have flipped Quick to Vegas (which would add an additional level of suckitude to this).

On the other hand, as someone pointed out...

In both 2012 and 2014, the Kings made a deadline deal with Columbus and won the Cup.  It's destiny!  It's what they needed to do!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #878 on: March 02, 2023, 05:25:36 AM »
The first time the Devils and Avs played it was a 1-0 nailbiter, so naturally their game last night at a 5-4 score halfway through the second :lol Still, a win's a win and Timo will hopefully be healthy enough to join us soon :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #879 on: March 02, 2023, 06:58:37 AM »
OMFG.  The Senators got Jacob Chychrun from the Coyotes for only a 1st round pick in 2023, a 2nd in 2024, and a 2nd in 2026.  WTF, Blake?  I would have loved the Kings to pay that.  He had term for two years.  The Sens don't even need to give up a prospect.

The Sens are on the come.

That trade never would have happened under Melnyk's watch.  The Sens have entered the chat for sure.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #880 on: March 02, 2023, 07:48:37 AM »
Hate to see the Red Wings selling, but it's the right move, and the return for Hronek (1st and 2nd in upcoming draft) was massive. Pretty much every grade I've seen has Detroit winning that trade. Bertuzzi going is rough, but considering his package included a 1st as well, don't hate it.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #881 on: March 02, 2023, 08:16:39 AM »
Damn.  The East playoff path is just fucking brutal.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #882 on: March 02, 2023, 10:12:43 AM »
Pasta 8 years/$90M.  Seems about right for him.  Unsurprisingly, Hall on LTIR (until game 1 of the playoffs no doubt).

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #883 on: March 02, 2023, 10:15:44 AM »
Pasta 8 years/$90M.  Seems about right for him.  Unsurprisingly, Hall on LTIR (until game 1 of the playoffs no doubt).

He sucks. 

Bummed about Hall, though.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #884 on: March 02, 2023, 10:53:02 AM »

Nick Foligno out as well.  Not sure how long he'll be out for.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #885 on: March 02, 2023, 11:58:17 AM »
Looks like it's officially official.  Per sources, Quick has been traded to the Golden Knights.

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1631367569595572224?s=20

People say Rob Blake makes conservatives moves.  He just made a big move with huge ripples.  Hope it's worth it.  Kings needs to perform well or he and Marc Bergevin should be out of here.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #886 on: March 02, 2023, 01:21:00 PM »
Looks like it's officially official.  Per sources, Quick has been traded to the Golden Knights.

People say Rob Blake makes conservatives moves.  He just made a big move with huge ripples.  Hope it's worth it.  Kings needs to perform well or he and Marc Bergevin should be out of here.

I hope Edmonton wins the division, so it's LA/LV in round 1.

:burns:

Offline pg1067

« Reply #887 on: March 02, 2023, 02:14:34 PM »

I hope Edmonton wins the division, so it's LA/LV in round 1.

:burns:

Well...I don't think Quick will be starting for them, but I wouldn't mind avenging that embarrassment of a series from a few years ago.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #888 on: March 02, 2023, 02:43:30 PM »
I also hope Edmonton wins the division, but that has nothing to do with 1st round match ups lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #889 on: March 02, 2023, 07:29:25 PM »
Goddammit! Next Thursday's game between the Bruins and Oilers is only on Hulu or ESPN+.
Fuck you NHL!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #890 on: March 02, 2023, 07:33:52 PM »
Goddammit! Next Thursday's game between the Bruins and Oilers is only on Hulu or ESPN+.
Fuck you NHL!

Calm down……I’m sure Women’s USA vs Canada will be on for you to watch.  :biggrin:
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #891 on: March 02, 2023, 07:34:48 PM »
Fuck you NHL!

The NHL makes it so difficult to watch these games then wonders why they can’t grow the sport.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #892 on: March 02, 2023, 07:38:16 PM »
Fuck you NHL!

Calm down……I’m sure Women’s USA vs Canada will be on for you to watch.  :biggrin:

:rollin

The NHL makes it so difficult to watch these games then wonders why they can’t grow the sport.

The league's best player's only visit to Boston and you can't watch the game. Unfuckingbelievable.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #893 on: March 02, 2023, 08:13:22 PM »
Fuck you NHL!

It's not going to get any easier from here regarding the RSN situation.  Half the league are having issues with their own regional sports network and there's no easy solution on how to get out of this.  There will be pain and the cap is at risk to not increase at a rate GMs would rather prefer.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #894 on: March 02, 2023, 10:18:27 PM »
Fuck you NHL!

It's not going to get any easier from here regarding the RSN situation.  Half the league are having issues with their own regional sports network and there's no easy solution on how to get out of this.  There will be pain and the cap is at risk to not increase at a rate GMs would rather prefer.

It's good to be Canadian.  We don't get too many games of US-US teams, but then again, there aren't many of those that I care too much about.  Watched the first 2 periods of the Sabres/Bruins tonight - glad I didn't watch the 3rd.

Nice to see Pitt prevent TB from getting 2 points, and then the Leafs grab a W when they played like ass for 40 minutes.  I'd really like to see them curb-stomp the Canucks on Saturday.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #895 on: March 03, 2023, 01:12:07 PM »
Yo, Nick.  I'm reading that there was almost a deal made from the Red Wings getting James van Riemsdyk with the intention of the Wings flipping him elsewhere and the trade got nixed.  The deadline has passed and sources say that the Flyers couldn't trade JVR in time.  WTF?  Isn't he a UFA?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #896 on: March 03, 2023, 01:23:03 PM »
Chuck Fletcher GM'g like Chuck Fletcher.

What would've been an even bigger gaffe would've been if Anaheim didn't move Klingberg, and they almost didin't.

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #897 on: March 03, 2023, 02:27:54 PM »
Now that the dust has settled on the trade deadline, how do you feel your team fared?

As for the Oil, they didn't do much but it'll have an impact. This is how it boils down as an Oilers fan:

Jesse Puljujärvi - Out
Nick Bjugstad - In

They weren't traded for each other, but that's essentially where Bjugstad will slot in. This is an upgrade given how inconsistent Puljurarvi has been....pretty much his entire career.

Tyson Barrie - Out
Mathias Eckholm - In

This is a huge win for the Oilers. Eckholm should provide some much needed defensive play, especially compared to Barrie. We're losing some offense in this deal, but as the league's top offensive team it can certainly be spared.

Lastly, while not a trade, having Evander Kane come back from injury will be like adding a 30-40 goal scorer at the deadline. It's unfortunate he's missed most of the season with his wrist slitting injury, and the more recent rib injury. Assuming he can return anywhere near his usual form, this is a big addition for the stretch.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #898 on: March 03, 2023, 02:52:10 PM »
Now that the dust has settled on the trade deadline, how do you feel your team fared?

I'm cool with the draft haul StL made by dealing their UFA's plus the pick up of Vrana and Kapanen. They still need to trade/dump one or two of these contracts they have on Defense though. I'd prefer it to be Krug but I can't see anyone touching that horrid contract. Paryako may be moveable this summer because for all his faults he can still be a good defensemen wheras Krug, Leddy and Scandella can't.

So...It'll be an interesting offseason for sure from a Blues fan perspective.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 02:58:41 PM by gmillerdrake »

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #899 on: March 03, 2023, 02:57:49 PM »
***double post***

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #900 on: March 03, 2023, 03:38:54 PM »

Well, the Kings got rid of Brendan Lemieux (which was fine because he was more of a healthy scratch and was basically useless this season) and sent him to the Flyers and got another guy from the Flyers that looks to fill the role of s***disturber.  Also made the usual AHL trades.

Other than that, they filled a needed void on LD and Gavrikov looked ok on yesterday's game despite not playing for two weeks since CBJ wanted to trade him earlier so they healthy scratched him for that long.  Then comes trading Quick for Korpisalo and it's going to be a very polarizing move for the years to come regardless of end result.  I will say this.  As callous as the team handled the Quick matter, I will say Rob Blake has given the team the best chance to do well in the rest of the way and they should be rewarded as such.  Four players on the Kings with 20+ goals and maybe two more gets added to the list at the end of the season.  When's the last time you see that?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #901 on: March 03, 2023, 03:55:11 PM »
I’m surprised there wasn’t anything more than an exchange of minor leaguers by Dubas. But they’ve got cap room to activate Murray, and have one league min contact on the roster as the 13th forward if any of the current 12 go down. But given their glut of defence men, and the fact they dressed 11-7 last night, I’m not concerned about where they are with the roster.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #902 on: March 03, 2023, 04:08:23 PM »
Yo, Nick.  I'm reading that there was almost a deal made from the Red Wings getting James van Riemsdyk with the intention of the Wings flipping him elsewhere and the trade got nixed.  The deadline has passed and sources say that the Flyers couldn't trade JVR in time.  WTF?  Isn't he a UFA?

As Chad has already eluded to, the fact that JVR remains on the Flyers roster at this time is PEAK Chuck Fletcher, just unreal.

Flyers moved out Patrick Brown, Zack MacEwen, and Isaac Radcliffe (not NHL regular), for a 5th, 7th, and an expiring UFA with no expected impact in Lemieux.

Complete and utter incompetence from a team that should have been selling harder than half the other teams that did.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline pg1067

« Reply #903 on: March 03, 2023, 04:22:03 PM »
Interestingly, my son went to Vegas yesterday to hang with a friend, and they're going to the VGK game tonight.  I told him to say hi to Quick.  I hope his performance for Vegas is just what it was for the Kings this season.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #904 on: March 03, 2023, 04:30:53 PM »
One thing I’m also very happy about is that Tampa didn’t (couldn’t?) do anything more. There was a rumour they were trying to get Joel Edmundson.

Still Boston is going to be tough for anyone to get by. My only hope (if the Leafs get by Tampa) is that Boston has had everything go right for them for the past 60 games, and they flame out if anything starts to go sideways. It can happen. Just ask 2019 Tampa.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #905 on: March 03, 2023, 04:55:26 PM »
One can hope Chad.   :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #906 on: March 03, 2023, 05:43:21 PM »
One of my rules of life …. Never deprive anyone of hope - it might be all they have.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #907 on: March 03, 2023, 05:57:40 PM »
I think the second round Atlantic matchup should be the Cup winner.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #908 on: March 05, 2023, 12:14:54 PM »
So this video from TSN has came up to my radar.  James Duthie from TSN composed a song about creating a bad team and why it's worth it to get a guy like Connor Bedard at the draft.  It's honestly a pretty catchy song.  Good satire.

Bad for Bedard by James Duthie - Official Music Video

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #909 on: March 05, 2023, 03:02:26 PM »
They had a few good segments from trade deadline day x anticipating it was gonna be the slow news day that it was.