Author Topic: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN  (Read 67329 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN
« Reply #350 on: November 24, 2022, 09:15:58 AM »
Well, at least Tampa looks mortal.  And Detroit is keeping themselves in the mix.  If not for Buffalo's 7-game losing streak, they look almost legit too - they are very strong and consistent up front; D and G is where they still need to develop/improve.  Although, OPL (goalie... don't ask me to spell that out) was stellar last night.  So long as 41-year old Craig Anderson is their #1 goalie, they aren't going anywhere.  Either OPL has to continue to develop, or they need to make a move on someone.

The thing is, the other night I didn't notice Stamkos until midway through the 3rd. I thought he was out.

For Detroit or Buffalo to make a move up, then someone else is going to have to fall out, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I thought that was gonna be you guys this year, and I definitely thought Florida was going to fall to the WC position.  I was actually thinking before the season began that the Atlantic would send 5 to the playoffs this year.

I also thought that Ottawa might be sniffing the WC hunt towards the end of the season.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #351 on: November 24, 2022, 09:16:33 AM »
Well, for Detroit, they can hope someone from the Metro falls off where it would be five teams from the Atlantic.  Then again, when the Pens and Caps aren't having the greatest of starts, the Devils and Islanders are making their moves.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #352 on: November 24, 2022, 09:29:17 AM »
Would have loved to have seen the Devils keep their streak going but it had to come to an end eventually. Definitely a little bit frustrating to lose by 1 and have three goals waved off though :lol The good news is we played pretty well, just some tough luck really.
Photobucket sucks.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #353 on: November 24, 2022, 11:39:01 AM »
Goddamn.

Borje Salming, a true pioneer who helped change the perception of Swedish hockey players, died on Thursday following a short battle with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).

Just a week or so after being honored at the arena.  Damn.  :'(
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #354 on: November 24, 2022, 12:03:16 PM »
Goddamn.

Borje Salming, a true pioneer who helped change the perception of Swedish hockey players, died on Thursday following a short battle with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).

Damn. So sad. Is it insensitive to wonder if it’s good that it was a short battle?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #355 on: November 24, 2022, 01:04:21 PM »
Goddamn.

Damn. So sad. Is it insensitive to wonder if it’s good that it was a short battle?

Not at all, in my opinion. I lost both parents to cancer in my early 20s. Dad went fast over a month. Mom went slow over a period of 4 months. From the perspective of a grieving family member, it was much harder watching my mom slowly die. It's like pulling a band-aid: the quicker it is the less pain involved.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #356 on: November 25, 2022, 07:20:38 PM »
The Bruins have had a pretty favorable strength of schedule so far, but after tomorrow's game against Chicago, their next 10 games are:

@ TB  W 5-3
@ Florida L 5-2
Canes W 3-2
TB
Avs
Vegas
@ Avs
@ AZ
@ Vegas
NYI
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #357 on: November 25, 2022, 08:49:58 PM »
Just took a peek at the standings.
The Kraken are 12-5-3 for 27 points??
WOW! Guess I'm not paying attention.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #358 on: November 25, 2022, 08:55:12 PM »
Just took a peek at the standings.
The Kraken are 12-5-3 for 27 points??
WOW! Guess I'm not paying attention.

Yeah…..just got clued in on that as well. Wow.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #359 on: November 25, 2022, 08:56:11 PM »
The funny thing is that the Kraken didn't do anything too extravagant in the off-season.  They made some decent signings, made a solid trade to get Oliver Bjorkstrand to take advantage of the Blue Jackets' cap constraints.  Matty Beniers has been developing well.  This is despite the fact that Shane Wright is in the AHL with the Coachella Valley Firebirds and he is only there on a conditioning loan and he's only there because they can't send him there properly due to the agreement the league has with the CHL. 

The kicker is that they are winning games with Martin Jones in net and he's been playing well and getting wins off of other teams, not only just against the Kings.  It also helps that the three teams in the Pacific that made playoffs last season are off to below-expected starts.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #360 on: November 25, 2022, 08:57:03 PM »
Yeah, where's J-Dude with our Seattle updates?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #361 on: November 26, 2022, 04:47:12 AM »
I'd noticed that they weren't terrible, but didn't realize they were piling on the wins.  And now Grubauer is back... beating LVK last night.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #362 on: November 26, 2022, 02:00:54 PM »
So let me get this straight.  The Rangers totally dominated the Kings in the 2nd period onwards after the Kings had a 2-0 lead and won last Tuesday, then the Rangers lost to the Ducks in regulation the next day and now they lost to the Oilers 4-3, also in reg, after being up 3-0 after the 2nd?  It's just not fair, man.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #363 on: November 27, 2022, 05:26:14 AM »
So let me get this straight.  The Rangers totally dominated the Kings in the 2nd period onwards after the Kings had a 2-0 lead and won last Tuesday, then the Rangers lost to the Ducks in regulation the next day and now they lost to the Oilers 4-3, also in reg, after being up 3-0 after the 2nd?  It's just not fair, man.

You expect hockey to be fair??  :lol

I hear ya, and that was a bad beat the at the hands of the Oil.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #364 on: November 27, 2022, 09:57:52 AM »
Blues were down 4-1 in the third against Florida…..4-2 with 6min to go and get the ‘W’ in OT. Was good to see after a rough two games before that against Buffalo and TB.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #365 on: November 27, 2022, 01:47:25 PM »
The Devils old winning streak had to die so a new one could be born :metal Great to see them beat the Capitals last night, I know they're not quite up to their usual level so far this season, but they've tormented us over the last few years.
Photobucket sucks.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #366 on: November 27, 2022, 05:39:12 PM »
Blues were down 4-1 in the third against Florida…..4-2 with 6min to go and get the ‘W’ in OT. Was good to see after a rough two games before that against Buffalo and TB.

Funny how both Florida and Calgary are performing worse after their 'blockbuster' trade.  I knew Florida would take a step back - they were punching WAAAAY above their weight class last year.  And Bobs be Bob'g - seems every season is an alternate between good and bad.  And Markstrom just looks bad.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #367 on: November 27, 2022, 08:55:02 PM »
So guys…just checking in…anyone know who has the biggest winning streak in the league right now?   :angel:

"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jammindude

« Reply #368 on: November 28, 2022, 07:20:24 PM »
Quote from: Everybody

Yes J-Dude. The Kraken are doing quite well for their 2nd year, and we understand you’re very proud of them. Now, run along and play.

:lol

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #369 on: November 29, 2022, 05:33:36 AM »
Quote from: Everybody

Yes J-Dude. The Kraken are doing quite well for their 2nd year, and we understand you’re very proud of them. Now, run along and play.

:lol

Pretty much, yeah lol. They'll fall back to earth at some point.  Seattle's score-by-committee offense isn't going to carry them forever, and certainly not into the playoffs.

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #370 on: November 29, 2022, 06:31:36 AM »
First game against our rivals last night and I was nervous when the Rangers went up 2-0 pretty quickly. But the Devils grinded out a couple goals to tie it by the end of the first, jumped out to a 4-2 lead with a fairly dominant second period, and then held on for dear life in the third. Could definitely see the team was gassed by the end with it being their 3rd game in 4 days and having to kill a few penalties in the third period, but we became the first team ever to win 13 games in November and for one night at least have the most points in the league (Boston has a better points % but fewer games played) :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #371 on: November 29, 2022, 07:36:53 PM »
The Bruins have had a pretty favorable strength of schedule so far, but after tomorrow's game against Chicago, their next 10 games are:

@ TB  W 5-3
@ Florida L 5-2
Canes W 3-2
TB W 3-1
Avs
Vegas
@ Avs
@ AZ
@ Vegas
NYI

4 of their next 5 games are against Vegas and Colorado. Yikes!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #372 on: November 29, 2022, 10:58:54 PM »
This Kings game is ABSOLUTELY nuts!  NO ONE is playing defense.  8-8 with 6:21 left in the third....  Oy....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jammindude

« Reply #373 on: November 29, 2022, 11:12:38 PM »
This Kings game is ABSOLUTELY nuts!  NO ONE is playing defense.  8-8 with 6:21 left in the third....  Oy....

This post made me turn on the game, just in time to watch the Kraken win! WOO HOO!!!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #374 on: November 29, 2022, 11:17:26 PM »
I'm not sure I'd feel all that much better if the Kings had won.  That game was an abomination of hockey.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #375 on: November 29, 2022, 11:19:25 PM »
I mean I don't think this Kings group is going to make it to the playoffs promise land with their current "defensive" structure.  If they somehow get in at this rate, it's only because the Alberta teams can't get out of their own butts.

I knew when the Kings got caught with too many men in OT, they were going to blow it on the PK.  2nd game in a row where they gaffed it in the offensive end in OT.

I want to go back to winning boring low-event scoring hockey games.  That was their identity.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #376 on: November 30, 2022, 09:27:15 AM »
their current "defensive" structure.

...and other things that don't actually exist!   :lol

Any chance we could bring Dean Lombardi back?

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #377 on: November 30, 2022, 10:20:04 AM »
Flyers managed to end a 10 game losing streak last night against the Islanders. Clearly they get a few more players back from injuries and they'll be headed straight to the cup finals.

Meanwhile, in the land of teams with a front office who can accurately and honestly assess a team, the Red Wings got outclassed by Toronto a bit in their last game. I know I've said it here before, but it's so wild how one game can make them look very promising and then the next can show where they still have room to improve. Still, the goal for the year was to show improvement, and that's looking to be certainly met, with playoffs looking more and possible.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #378 on: November 30, 2022, 11:34:03 AM »
There was an article on nhl.com arguing which team was gonna make the playoffs first - the Wings, or the Sabres.  I don't think either of them are getting there this year, but next year could be a different story.  Both have obvious holes to fill, but both are very promising - and fun to watch.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #379 on: November 30, 2022, 11:34:33 AM »
Damn... Kris Letang had a stroke on Monday!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #380 on: November 30, 2022, 11:36:51 AM »

Oh shit!!

What was he out with earlier in his career? Wasn't it head related?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #381 on: November 30, 2022, 11:39:51 AM »

Oh shit!!

Apparently he'd had a stroke in 2014 as well.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #382 on: November 30, 2022, 11:40:40 AM »

Oh shit!!

Apparently he'd had a stroke in 2014 as well.

Yeah, I just went to TSN for the story.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #383 on: November 30, 2022, 11:51:53 AM »
There was an article on nhl.com arguing which team was gonna make the playoffs first - the Wings, or the Sabres.  I don't think either of them are getting there this year, but next year could be a different story.  Both have obvious holes to fill, but both are very promising - and fun to watch.

if the Panthers keep playing the way they do at their pace, I can see them miss and the Red Wings get in.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #384 on: November 30, 2022, 11:55:52 AM »

if the Panthers keep playing the way they do at their pace, I can see them miss and the Red Wings get in.

There's the issue, no worries about who are ahead of the Wings in many instances. I expect the Bruins, Leafs, Lightning, Canes, Islanders, and at this point the Devils all to get in ahead of them. That leaves only two spots, and teams like the Panthers, Senators, Penguins, and Rangers all could perform much more strongly than they've shown to this point. It'll be tough to hold most of them off.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1