Author Topic: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN  (Read 66933 times)

Offline Anguyen92

Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN
« Reply #1120 on: April 07, 2023, 11:17:46 AM »
And you know for sure that at some point in whatever amount of time if things aligned well, the Devils will want Quinn from the Canucks.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1121 on: April 07, 2023, 12:10:30 PM »
So who won that Bruins/Leafs game last night?   

:) :) :) :) :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1122 on: April 07, 2023, 12:15:36 PM »

Swayman stole it.  The B's were flat for 2 periods last night.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1123 on: April 07, 2023, 12:18:42 PM »

True that.  But they never let it get out of hand.  Getting tired of Pastrnak stepping up in OT like that, after all the bad mouthing I've been giving him over the last two months.  :) :) :) :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1124 on: April 07, 2023, 12:21:20 PM »
 :lol

I just want them to be healthy for the playoffs. It's going to be a battle.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1125 on: April 07, 2023, 12:42:48 PM »
:lol

I just want them to be healthy for the playoffs. It's going to be a battle.

it will be; but we're well positioned.   Most of the playoff teams have two solid lines and are piecing together the rest.  We have four lines that are playing well, and that's with two guys that are important components still out (Taylor Hall and Nick Foligno).  There are going to be very good players on the B's roster that won't suit up for the playoffs.  That's a great spot to be in.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1126 on: April 07, 2023, 12:50:58 PM »
Looks like Taylor is ready to play.  Right now, Foligno is wearing a no contact tee at practice.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1127 on: April 07, 2023, 03:05:32 PM »
Kraken make the playoffs in their 2nd season!  :metal :metal :metal

It's been a good few months for Seattle sports.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1128 on: April 07, 2023, 03:11:35 PM »

The Bruins got a gift penalty call on Reilly in OT. I'm not saying it wasn't hooking by definition, but to me, it was more of a stick check, and as a hockey fan, I don't want to see that called in OT.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1129 on: April 07, 2023, 03:22:35 PM »
And you know for sure that at some point in whatever amount of time if things aligned well, the Devils will want Quinn from the Canucks.

There's been a lot of joking about wanting to complete the whole set ever since we drafted Luke, but unless Quinn decides to sign on a discount once he's a free agent in 2027 I don't see it happening. Too expensive to trade for given we have a strong pipleline of defense prospects that should be ready in the next year or two.
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1130 on: April 07, 2023, 04:17:27 PM »

The Bruins got a gift penalty call on Reilly in OT. I'm not saying it wasn't hooking by definition, but to me, it was more of a stick check, and as a hockey fan, I don't want to see that called in OT.

It's funny.  I was texting and missed the penalty. Lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1131 on: April 07, 2023, 04:20:40 PM »

It's funny.  I was texting and missed the penalty. Lol

It was text silence last light. I figured I'd have heard from you and/or Chad. I just figured you were watching a show. lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1132 on: April 07, 2023, 04:41:32 PM »
We got home late from seeing my dad. Got home in the second period. 

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1133 on: April 07, 2023, 05:11:31 PM »

That's being called all around; Krejci got one of those a game or two ago.  It was a clean stick check, but because it rode up a little (not even to the other guys' hands) the whistle blew.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1134 on: April 08, 2023, 04:44:29 PM »
A month ago i never would have imagined edmonton winning the western conference (regular season).  Seeing them just 2pts back of Vegas with 2 games to go is not only exciting,  but also quite shocking.  I thought they were going to be more like Seattle (i.e. likely making the playoffs but battling to the end for a wildcard).

I like the Oilers' odds of making the cup final.  They're playing much better this season that last when they made the wcf, and  a third of the roster is having career years.  Vegas is still going to be a tough out in the 2nd round,  but I'm not really scared about Dallas or Colorado coming out of the Central

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1135 on: April 08, 2023, 09:07:38 PM »
GGs Boston fans. I think we're all surprised the game ended 2-1 after how quickly it was 2-1 :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1136 on: April 08, 2023, 09:16:44 PM »
Very chippy, up and down game. I love those types of games.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1137 on: April 09, 2023, 08:09:48 AM »
Congrats Stadler on your winter college sports Connecticut sweep!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1138 on: April 09, 2023, 06:28:38 PM »
Powers out in my neighborhood so I’m in Anaheim for Ducks/Avs.  In the nosebleeds with a center view on the Ducks side.  Either I see the Ducks get clobbered or the Avs have a lower chance at winning the division and the Kings have a lower chance to end up drawing Avs in round 1.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1139 on: April 09, 2023, 07:01:07 PM »
One win in 2 games to set the record for most points ever for the B's.  I told my brother my hate for the Habs is making me think I want a tie with the Caps Tuesday so the B's can beat the Habs record in Montreal.   Lol
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 07:12:14 PM by Kingly Gizz & Liz Wiz Bizzy »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1140 on: April 09, 2023, 07:17:59 PM »
I'd be fine with them forfeiting the games and giving the entire team some rest.
Or just call up the entire Providence Bruins team. They'd probably beat Montreal anyway.  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1141 on: April 09, 2023, 07:26:04 PM »
Well, they say quite a few tonight and I'd assume they'll switch out some except Bergeron and Krejci. 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1142 on: April 09, 2023, 10:35:16 PM »
Well, that was a fun watch.  MacKinnon and Rantanen must have looked back on their play against the Kings yesterday and think, "We can't go scoreless two games in a row," and thus took it out on the Ducks.  They were a thrill to watch in everything they did.  Ducks had people thinking they may win it in regulation 4-2, but nope, Avs converted on two PPs late in the 3rd and never looked back.  The Ducks' goalie, Lukas Dostal, did everything he could to make that game winnable, but not meant to be on this day.  That's a shame.

I only wished Cale Makar was in that game, because I know he's also a thrill to watch live, and because the Avs' PP was lacking during the 1st without him.  If he comes back in Game 1 of playoffs, going to be a tough obstacle to get through the Avs.  If the Kings do draw them, could be doable, but they need everything and I mean everything they got at their disposal (including getting Vilardi and Fiala back) to get the offensive punch to counterpunch the Avs.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1143 on: April 10, 2023, 11:24:38 AM »
A month ago i never would have imagined edmonton winning the western conference (regular season).  Seeing them just 2pts back of Vegas with 2 games to go is not only exciting,  but also quite shocking.  I thought they were going to be more like Seattle (i.e. likely making the playoffs but battling to the end for a wildcard).

I like the Oilers' odds of making the cup final.  They're playing much better this season that last when they made the wcf, and  a third of the roster is having career years.  Vegas is still going to be a tough out in the 2nd round,  but I'm not really scared about Dallas or Colorado coming out of the Central

I don't know how Edmonton and Vegas would match up against each other, but based on my observations over the past couple weeks, Edmonton is either a much better team or playing much better right now (i.e., peaking at the right time).  They've got everything going that is needed to win in the playoffs.  IMO, the only "x factor" that might keep them out of the SCF is an injury or their unproven goalies.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1144 on: April 11, 2023, 01:01:53 PM »
Well...the Kings beat Vancouver pretty handily last night, but the managed to botch things up to the point that they don't control their own destiny.

The Kings will finish either 3rd or 4th in the Pacific.  They're 2 points up on Seattle with 1 game left (Anaheim), and Seattle has 2 (both against Vegas tonight and Thursday).  If both teams gain all points available in their remaining games, they'll finish with 104 points each, and Seattle owns the tiebreaker.

I almost hope Seattle leapfrogs the Kings.  I'd rather play Colorado or Dallas in the first round than Edmonton.

Just looking at what's set in stone, and it looks like the only matchup that's set is Toronto/Tampa in the Atlantic Division.  Boston has the Atlantic clinched, and either the Kings or Seattle will be WC1 in the west, but none of the other division titles or wild cards are clinched.

Edmonton at Colorado tonight will be an interesting watch.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1145 on: April 11, 2023, 01:21:29 PM »
If the Kings fall into the first wild card spot, that would mean Seattle would win against the Golden Knights in those games.  If the Avs win the Conference season title, wouldn't that mean the Kings might face the Golden Knights instead if Vegas win the Pacific division title?  I know, for certain, for the Kings to avoid facing the Oilers, the Oilers needs to win the Pacific Division (and maybe the Western Conference season title).

So I think for today, I may be rooting for a Oilers win and a Kraken win and see how that shapes up on Thursday.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1146 on: April 11, 2023, 07:47:44 PM »
Well, there it is.  133 points. Play the callups from the Providence B's and get ready for the 1st round.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1147 on: April 11, 2023, 07:54:21 PM »
WTF happened to Ullmark??

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1148 on: April 11, 2023, 07:58:51 PM »
Slid across the crease. Something wasn't right. He played on. A few minutes later he pulled himself out of the game. Not sure what happened. 

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1149 on: April 11, 2023, 08:16:21 PM »
Devils hit a bunch of milestones with a strong win against Buffalo tonight. Most importantly, we locked up home ice in the first round (with still a chance to win the division on Thursday). We also tied both the franchise record for wins in a season and the league record for single season point improvement. Jack Hughes broke the franchise points record with a late ENG, and two goals earlier from Tomas Tatar gave us a team with six 20 goal scorers for the first time since I think 2002. So happy to be excited about playoff hockey again :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1150 on: April 11, 2023, 10:44:55 PM »
Oh boy with today's results, this is what could happen in the Pacific.

If the Oilers beat the Sharks in the final game, and the Golden Knights lose in regulation against the Kraken on Thursday, the Oilers will clinch the Western Conference and play the Jets.  Then if the Kings lock any point against the Ducks, they will be locked into 3rd in the Pacific and will play against either the lower of Golden Knights or Oilers.  If the Kings do lose in regulation against the Ducks and the Kraken wins the final game, the Kings will get bumped into the 1st Wild Card spot and may get Avs or Stars.

Not really locked whose going to play who in the playoffs at Game 81 for most teams at this point.  Pretty intriguing stuff.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 11:00:02 PM by Anguyen92 »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1151 on: April 12, 2023, 05:49:06 AM »
Oh boy with today's results, this is what could happen in the Pacific.

If the Oilers beat the Sharks in the final game, and the Golden Knights lose in regulation against the Kraken on Thursday, the Oilers will clinch the Western Conference and play the Jets.  Then if the Kings lock any point against the Ducks, they will be locked into 3rd in the Pacific and will play against either the lower of Golden Knights or Oilers.  If the Kings do lose in regulation against the Ducks and the Kraken wins the final game, the Kings will get bumped into the 1st Wild Card spot and may get Avs or Stars.

Not really locked whose going to play who in the playoffs at Game 81 for most teams at this point.  Pretty intriguing stuff.

As a fan of the Kings, would you rather play your way out of the Pacific or out of the Central?

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1152 on: April 12, 2023, 08:52:51 AM »
Well, I would handle losing to the Avs or Stars better than losing to the Oilers or Golden Knights.  That being said, no matter where the Kings will be placed, people will see the team as the underdog in the matchup, which is fine.  It's just, I would feel more confident in them playing against the Oilers or Golden Knights if they have someone like Vilardi or Fiala back and get as much potential offense as possible. As much they can do all the things they can think about neutralizing McDavid/Draisaitl or the Golden Knights depth, those teams will eventually find a way to break through and find the net.  Kings needs as much offense as possible the other way to stand a chance to win a series against those two teams.  That's probably what will define their playoffs.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 08:59:36 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1153 on: April 12, 2023, 11:06:23 AM »
If the Kings fall into the first wild card spot, that would mean Seattle would win against the Golden Knights in those games.  If the Avs win the Conference season title, wouldn't that mean the Kings might face the Golden Knights instead if Vegas win the Pacific division title?  I know, for certain, for the Kings to avoid facing the Oilers, the Oilers needs to win the Pacific Division (and maybe the Western Conference season title).

Seattle losing yesterday in regulation makes all this much clearer.

Kings or Seattle will be WC1 and will play the winner of the Central Division.  Winnipeg is locked at WC2 and will play the winner of the Pacific Division.

The Kings and Seattle have one game remaining each, and the Kings are 2 points ahead.  The Kings only need one point against Anaheim to secure the #3 spot.  The only way the Kings fall to the WC spot is if they lose in regulation and Seattle wins tomorrow (regulation, OT or SO).

The Pacific Division champ will be the #1 seed in the west.  Vegas controls the spot, but Edmonton could take it with a win (regulation, OT or SO) against San Jose tomorrow and a regulation loss by Vegas tomorrow against Seattle.  Colorado could tie the Pacific Division champ in points, but both Vegas and Edmonton have the tiebreaker against Colorado.

Either Colorado or Dallas will win the Central and will play WC1 (either Seattle or the Kings).  Both Colorado and Dallas have two games remaining.  Colorado has a one point lead, but Dallas owns the tiebreaker.

As a fan of the Kings, would you rather play your way out of the Pacific or out of the Central?

I feel much better against any of the top 4 Central Division teams than against Vegas or Edmonton.  That said, I don't see anyone in the west beating Edmonton in a 7-game series.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1154 on: April 12, 2023, 11:13:45 AM »

Seattle losing yesterday in regulation makes all this much clearer.

Kings or Seattle will be WC1 and will play the winner of the Central Division.  Winnipeg is locked at WC2 and will play the winner of the Pacific Division.

The Kings and Seattle have one game remaining each, and the Kings are 2 points ahead.  The Kings only need one point against Anaheim to secure the #3 spot.  The only way the Kings fall to the WC spot is if they lose in regulation and Seattle wins tomorrow (regulation, OT or SO).

The Pacific Division champ will be the #1 seed in the west.  Vegas controls the spot, but Edmonton could take it with a win (regulation, OT or SO) against San Jose tomorrow and a regulation loss by Vegas tomorrow against Seattle.  Colorado could tie the Pacific Division champ in points, but both Vegas and Edmonton have the tiebreaker against Colorado.

Either Colorado or Dallas will win the Central and will play WC1 (either Seattle or the Kings).  Both Colorado and Dallas have two games remaining.  Colorado has a one point lead, but Dallas owns the tiebreaker.

I feel much better against any of the top 4 Central Division teams than against Vegas or Edmonton.  That said, I don't see anyone in the west beating Edmonton in a 7-game series.

Colorado could still win the West which would put WC1 vs. Pacific winner. If both Edmonton and Vegas lose Thursday, combined  with Colorado winning both their remaining games, I think that puts the Avs atop the West. They'd be tied for pts and ROW with Vegas, but would have more wins. I think wins is the next tie breaker before head to head record or goal differential.