Author Topic: Live Scenes From New York 21st Anniversary release today  (Read 2278 times)

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Live Scenes From New York 21st Anniversary release today
« on: September 11, 2022, 10:36:37 AM »
Just thought it was note worthy on its very auspicious temporary arrival on the shelves

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
Re: Live Scenes From New York 21st Anniversary release today
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 02:44:58 PM »
The weird thing is, I can't remember getting this. I got it, with the original cover, but I don't remember how. Given the events of that day, I know it wasn't on September 11. My guess is, since I went home to Long Island the weekend after 9/11, I grabbed it from The Wiz that Saturday, which was the most local place to buy CDs by my parents' house then. As much as I love the original cover, I am glad they modified it. Anyone old enough to be impacted by 9/11...it was the most eerie feeling I've ever had. It felt like the end was nigh for several days.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 03:29:00 PM »
That has to be one of the most unfortunate and bizarre coincidences in the history of music. :(
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 03:55:09 PM »
That has to be one of the most unfortunate and bizarre coincidences in the history of music. :(

I’d have to look up the details but I think I read that several other musicians I’d never heard of had albums released around that time that were focused on the twin towers exploding.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2022, 04:16:30 PM »
I'm sure there were, but how many of them were released on the same day as the attacks?
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2022, 05:25:04 PM »
I still have my copy tucked away with all of my other CDs (which are still all boxed up since moving last year).

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2022, 05:31:06 PM »
I'm sure there were, but how many of them were released on the same day as the attacks?

Unsure. Here's one that was scheduled to be released in September, but couldn't find an exact date. Was halted and released a few months later with a different album cover.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2022, 03:58:02 AM »
I still think it’s too bad they didn’t released it on vinyl. Which is also the case with Chaos in Motion, Luna Park and Breaking the Fourth Wall.

Everything else released on vinyl is already shining in my living room, but I still miss these.
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline sylentman

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2022, 08:10:38 AM »
I think it was RunOutGroove site that had a poll some time ago where LSFNY was one of the options for a vinyl pressing. Too bad we could not get enought votes. Maybe next time we’ll get it :).

About Breaking the Fourth wall, i’m hoping they can sell new editions of the BR+CD or DVD+CD edition someday. Missing that CD version + ToT Vinyl. If they launch vinyl of Luna Park, Breaking the Fourth Wall or Chaos In Motion would also be nice!

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2022, 09:21:32 AM »
I think it was RunOutGroove site that had a poll some time ago where LSFNY was one of the options for a vinyl pressing. Too bad we could not get enought votes. Maybe next time we’ll get it :).

About Breaking the Fourth wall, i’m hoping they can sell new editions of the BR+CD or DVD+CD edition someday. Missing that CD version + ToT Vinyl. If they launch vinyl of Luna Park, Breaking the Fourth Wall or Chaos In Motion would also be nice!

Ai, too bad I didn't know back then, although my vote wouldn't make a difference. Both the vinyl Train of Thought and the Breaking the Fourth Wall editions are not that hard to find on Discogs. You'll get your hands on it with not that much difficulty. I got a white edition of Train of Thought. If they wouldn't sell it on vinyl in the future, an artbook like Luna Park would also be very fine.

Offline sylentman

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2022, 09:51:20 PM »

Ai, too bad I didn't know back then, although my vote wouldn't make a difference. Both the vinyl Train of Thought and the Breaking the Fourth Wall editions are not that hard to find on Discogs. You'll get your hands on it with not that much difficulty. I got a white edition of Train of Thought. If they wouldn't sell it on vinyl in the future, an artbook like Luna Park would also be very fine.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve been tracking the ToT vinyl there for around 2 yrs and it’s always > $200…may have to pull the troggee one day haha. The cd version of breaking the fourth wall i’ve never been able to see being listed, but i’ll keep trying :).

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2022, 12:59:33 AM »

Somehow I ended up getting the 3CD & 1BD set (for the CDs) and the 2DVD set, because at the time of release, I didn't yet own a BD player. It was astounding that they didn't make it a 2DVD/3CD set like they did with Chaos In Motion, and just release the BD by itself because most folks at that time probably didn't own a BD player.

Regarding live albums on vinyl - I think because of how long DT live albums tend to be, making them would be very difficult because they'd probably take a long time to make (given the delays and backlog in vinyl pressing) and the production numbers would likely be low and limited because each album would require at least 3LPs if not 4 or more (9 or 10 sides of vinyl in the case of LSFNY). I cannot imagine the shipping on 5LP LSFNY! I'm sure there'd be a market for them, but they'd be super expensive just to recoup the costs.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2022, 01:54:57 AM »
Marc, that's true, but I do own Once in a LIVEtime, Life at Budokan and Score as well. And these are also 4 LP's. So it's possible, but somehow they didn't felt like doing.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2022, 09:12:07 AM »

Somehow I ended up getting the 3CD & 1BD set (for the CDs) and the 2DVD set, because at the time of release, I didn't yet own a BD player. It was astounding that they didn't make it a 2DVD/3CD set like they did with Chaos In Motion, and just release the BD by itself because most folks at that time probably didn't own a BD player.

Regarding live albums on vinyl - I think because of how long DT live albums tend to be, making them would be very difficult because they'd probably take a long time to make (given the delays and backlog in vinyl pressing) and the production numbers would likely be low and limited because each album would require at least 3LPs if not 4 or more (9 or 10 sides of vinyl in the case of LSFNY). I cannot imagine the shipping on 5LP LSFNY! I'm sure there'd be a market for them, but they'd be super expensive just to recoup the costs.

-Marc.
Interested in selling the CD/BD package?  :)  ;D ;D ;D  That's one of my two DT holy grails (the other is the Lifting Shadows CD, though I have the music from both at this point).

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2022, 09:23:41 AM »

-Marc.
Interested in selling the CD/BD package?  :)  ;D ;D ;D  That's one of my two DT holy grails (the other is the Lifting Shadows CD, though I have the music from both at this point).

Sadly no, I shan't be parting with any of my DT collection anytime soon, unless I'm reaaaaally strapped for cash. Hopefully you can find one eventually though!
If you're lucky, they'll re-release it at some point, but who knows.

-Marc
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2022, 06:36:09 AM »

-Marc.

Sadly no, I shan't be parting with any of my DT collection anytime soon, unless I'm reaaaaally strapped for cash. Hopefully you can find one eventually though!
If you're lucky, they'll re-release it at some point, but who knows.

-Marc

Yeah, no worries.  I'm just putting it out in the universe in case Mike finds an extra copy in his storage and feels kind.  :) :) :) :) :)