Author Topic: Puppies (Re)Discovery EP Roulette V.4 (The Final Art!)  (Read 78841 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
On a slightly related note; I’m absolutely not well-versed in Fantasy.. I mean, I’ve watched The Lord of the Rings, read the ASOIAF books and seen some other random films, but I don’t really know what the common themes and tropes are the same way I do with SciFi for example. Does this matter? Can I just make up random stuff as long as it has swords and magic and some medieval society (:neverusethis:)?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
On a slightly related note; I’m absolutely not well-versed in Fantasy.. I mean, I’ve watched The Lord of the Rings, read the ASOIAF books and seen some other random films, but I don’t really know what the common themes and tropes are the same way I do with SciFi for example. Does this matter? Can I just make up random stuff as long as it has swords and magic and some medieval society (:neverusethis:)?

Dude, just read a lot of Dio lyrics and you’ll get the idea
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
A3 is mine.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Slayer - Angel of Death

I guess someone HAD to do WWII, right?

And this is an issue because?

It’s not an issue! :) It’s a little obvious as a theme for this round, so I kind of expected someone to do it and almost did a WWII theme myself as well (spoiler; mine is very close to WWII :lol), that’s all.

WWI?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I struggled with this one at first.  I came up with something somewhat fantasy related but thinking about it, it probably falls more into the history theme.  I'm too far in now though.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Slayer - Angel of Death

I guess someone HAD to do WWII, right?

And this is an issue because?

It’s not an issue! :) It’s a little obvious as a theme for this round, so I kind of expected someone to do it and almost did a WWII theme myself as well (spoiler; mine is very close to WWII :lol), that’s all.

WWI?

With a twist
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I wasn't feeling (or coming up with anything good) for the Fantasy theme.  I don't suspect that the extra point is going to be the difference of 1st or 2nd place for me.  It might make the difference between 8th and 9th tho!  :lol

Any decision on how many will make it to the final round?  Just let us all in, there's only 9 of us.  Surely you can handle 9 :heybaby: 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I wasn't feeling (or coming up with anything good) for the Fantasy theme.  I don't suspect that the extra point is going to be the difference of 1st or 2nd place for me.  It might make the difference between 8th and 9th tho!  :lol

I’ve never seen a single Hobbit, Lord Of The Rings, or Harry Potter movie but even I came up with a neat little story.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Puppies (Re)Discovery EP Roulette V.4 (Sent for Round 2 Stadler)
« Reply #848 on: July 18, 2022, 07:43:37 AM »
I'm guessing I'm not going to see an EP from Stadler this weekend...

Yeah, I'm sorry for the radio silence.  I struggled with an idea, and while I wasn't thrilled with what I came up with, I had fully intended on finishing it up on Saturday morning, but man plans and god laughs.  Carry on; I'll comment from the peanut gallery!  :) :)  :)

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I’ve never seen a single Hobbit, Lord Of The Rings, or Harry Potter movie but even I came up with a neat little story.

That's very nice.  I'm very proud of you.  You want a ribbon or something??   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Blair Mowat / Souls Released
The Verve Pipe / The Freshmen
Floyd is Two Suns in the Sunset - I really hope this was mandatory in order to contribute to the story  :lol
Revocation / Witch Trials - TAC (which also makes the 'Salem' song TACs as well)
Jeffery Gains / Headmasters of Mine

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

That's very nice.  I'm very proud of you.  You want a ribbon or something??   :lol

You being proud is all I need.  ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I'll bet it's a story of putting shopping carts away.   :rollin :rollin

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Yeah, it’s called The Hobbit Goes Shopping. Damn, I wish I’d thought of that actually.
Could’ve had carriage return fairies.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah, it’s called The Hobbit Goes Shopping. Damn, I wish I’d thought of that actually.
Could’ve had carriage return fairies.

lmfao!!!  :clap:

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Get out. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
C1 is King
A3 is the last person unsolved

Update the damn hangman!!!

Sorry, Tim must be rubbing off on me.   :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Apparently Deadeye is now running this roulette. ;D

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
First in Line
Ministry
Accept - Stalingrad
Mob Rules - The Oswald File: Chapter I - Prologue
Cross of Hatred

I will take an O

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Was it true we could reuse bands in future rounds but can't reuse songs?  Or did I dream that?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
From the OP:

- Artists will not be banned after being used, however the individual songs will be banned from future rounds

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
C1 is King
A3 is the last person unsolved

Apparently Deadeye is now running this roulette. ;D
Don't you guys have jobs? Some of us around here actually have to work. I can't be old and retired in a nursing home like you guys yet  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Sure, go wild!

aka Puppies_On_Acid

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Here have the EP title Hangman as well and I can start matching things up. I even gave you a bunch of letters to get you started  :biggrin:

?: ___ ________ _________ ___ ________ __ ____-____
?: ______ ________
?: ____ __: ____ __ ___ ________ ______
?: __________: ___ ______ __ ____
?: _______: __ _ ______ ____ ___ ______ ___ _____ __ _______, ___ _____ ____ ____ ____ ___ _k___
?: _______.______
?: ___ ____ ___ _____ ______
?: ___ ___ ___ ________
?: ___ _____ __ _____

Guessed letters: Æpxkjzq

?: Green Day – _o_ernator
?: This Day and Age – Second Star to the Right
Wolfking: Angel Dust – First in Line
TAC: Revocation – Witch Trials
?: Ministry – ___t_ms of a _lo_n
?: Candlemass – __t__es
Wolfking: Black Majesty – Fall of the Reich
?: Accept – Stalingrad
?: _n _a_n – _a_a__n _T_e __ard_an S__r_t of Ne_ _er_e_
?: Sabaton – Rise of Evil
?: Blair Mowat – Souls Released
?: __l_e London – _o_ and t_e N___t and t_e M_s__
?: _r_me_al _ell – Tales _ar_ed _n Stone on a For__dden Road
?: Ozzy Osbourne – For What It's Worth
Jingle: Mob Rules – The Oswald File: Chapter IV - Unnecessary Doubt
?: Muse – Aftermath
Jingle: Mind's Eye – AssassiNation
?: The Verve Pipe – The Freshmen
Vmadera: Iron Mask – When All Braves Fall
Vmadera: Testament – Native Blood
?: Nightingale – Stalingrad
King: Fleetwood Mac – Sara
Jingle: Mob Rules – The Oswald File: Chapter I - Prologue
Wolfking: Angel Dust – _ross of _atred
TAC: _en_s Ord_n_s De_ – Salem
?: The Dear Hunter – Mandala
?: An___ Moa – _n t_e Morn_n_
?: Pink Floyd – Two Suns in the Sunset
?: Jeffrey Gaines – Headmaster of Mine
?: Sleeping at Last – Saturn
?: __e_edood – FN S_ar __
?: ____ – _ass__en_ell
?: Sleeping at Last – ____ter
?: Dream the Electric Sleep – Flight
Wolfking: Slayer – Angel of Death
?: The Dear Hunter – What Time Taught Us
?: S__T_ – T__elo

Guessed letters: Ænotsfmlared
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 06:01:35 PM by Puppies_On_Acid »
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
From the OP:

- Artists will not be banned after being used, however the individual songs will be banned from future rounds

Thanks mate, thought so.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

?: Iron Mask – When All Braves Fall
?: Testament – Native Blood

Vmadera

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

?: Iron Mask – When All Braves Fall
?: Testament – Native Blood

Vmadera
:tup
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
give me the Æ

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Whoa.  I wonder how the two Stalingrad songs stack up against each other.

Ozzy  - also Vmadera

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
give me the Æ
Surprisingly there are none...

Ozzy  - also Vmadera
Indeed Ozzy, but not Vmadera.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

It'd be some...

battle.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Ok. But give me a R for the titles

Prime Evil - Takes carved in stone on a forbidden road … smells like TAC

@TAC … you can see yourself out now.  :D

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

It'd be some...

battle.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

@TAC … you can see yourself out now.  :D

It's awful, isn't it. :lol