Author Topic: Wrote a song about internet discourse [Industrial Metal]  (Read 824 times)

Offline ddtonfire

Wrote a song about internet discourse [Industrial Metal]
« on: June 20, 2022, 02:42:35 PM »
Took lots of NiN influence. I used my EBMM JP7 and JP15-7 for this through a Mesa JP-2C, plus an Axe-FX in some spots.

I'd love to hear what you think about the composition, performance, mixing, mastering, etc.

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/perfect-second/outrage-junkie

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
Re: Wrote a song about internet discourse [Industrial Metal]
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 07:37:48 AM »
I gave this listen and I've got to say I'm impressed.

You've got a solid mix of elements there, the playing and production is top-notch, and I seriousy think you consider fleshing out an E.P. I even dug the vocals (which is where I feel these recordings typically fall flat).

I'm a huge '90s industrial fan, and this definitely hits that pocket.

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 04:26:07 PM »
Thanks a ton! It's definitely not my usual style, but I'll have to try a few more things like it.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 07:35:22 AM »
I like it,  great job man!  To me, it has an element of Porcupine Tree as well as NIN.  The guitar solo is awesome and the outro is  :metal.
The overall theme of the song is catchy and is still stuck in my head after listening only once.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 06:37:27 AM »
Not my genre, so I don't know the ins-and-outs very well, but it's certainly very well done.  I would be proud.

I keep reading the title as "I wrote a song about intercourse", though.  :) :) :) (I'm not digging at you; like I said, well done on what counts, the music.)

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 09:33:29 PM »
@Architeuthis thanks a ton! It's a great compliment to be stuck in your head!

@Stadler It's honestly not my genre either, but it was fun approaching from the outside. Haha I'd write that next but I think enough has been written on the topic.