Author Topic: images and words cassette  (Read 963 times)

Offline thyer

images and words cassette
« on: June 06, 2022, 08:58:26 AM »
Dear All,

someone have to sell the images and words white cassette? or I misse other...PM.
Thx

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: images and words cassette
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 09:04:36 AM »
I have one, but it's not for sale.  Good luck.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TheSoylentMan

• Nothing ever happens on Mars
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 10:42:04 AM »
You could check Discogs. Here's an I&W cassette:
https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/4212243?ev=rb

...and a white label promo (is that what you meant by "white" cassette?), for more $$:
https://www.discogs.com/release/10466196-Dream-Theater-Images-And-Words

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 01:59:59 PM »
Do cassette tapes still work?  ???

Offline PetFish

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 11:47:27 PM »

I've been re-discovering cassettes lately and I'm having a blast.

They pretty much force you to listen to other songs to get to the hits and there's a lot of hidden gems that would easily be missed these days with auto-generated playlists and shuffle/skip options.

I have a few Walkmans that I wear at work and the kids *cough* under 30 *cough* get a real kick out of it and then I show them my brown briefcase of tapes and they go nuts.  The real trouble is the belts break due to old age and are tough to replace sometimes.

As for tapes still working... it's mostly yes but the tape can be warped anywhere and you'll never know where until you listen to the entire thing and then, of course, the flip side will be warped at the same spot as well.  There's no way to fix it either.

I've also started to make some new mixtapes of modern stuff and they really sound great.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2022, 06:17:31 AM »
I bought a plow truck over the winter (2003 Ford F350) and it still had it's stock radio, which is a CD/Cassette/Radio.  The antenna is broke, so no radio, and something is off with the CD, so no CD, but I can listen to my old cassettes just fine!  What a blast!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2022, 08:35:52 AM »
Why wouldn't they work?

If you have a working cassette player, they will work, unless they've been damaged in some way.  I suppose there could be some degradation in some really old cassettes that have been played a lot.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.