Author Topic: Official top 75 Iron Maiden songs thread!! (Top 2 revealed on 07/15!!)  (Read 55927 times)

Offline Dave_Manchester

Re: Official top 75 Iron Maiden songs thread!! (Countdown is now going!)
« Reply #1260 on: July 05, 2022, 04:32:09 PM »
Dance of Death: #3. For me this is the peak example of what the reunion era does best. Love every moment of it.

The Talisman: didn't rank (great song though). Very surprised to see this one finish above album-mates like Coming Home, Starblind and When The Wild Wind Blows.

The Clairvoyant: #60. So much greatness in a mere 4 and a half minutes. 

My list so far in descending order:

#74: If Eternity Should Fail
#72: Run to the Hills
#66: The Longest Day
#65: Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
#64: Only The Good Die Young
#63: Still Life
#61: Empire of the Clouds
#60: The Clairvoyant
#59: The Evil That Men Do
#56: These Colours Don't Run
#54: Can I Play With Madness
#53: Remember Tomorrow
#52: Judas Be My Guide
#51: Blood Brothers
#49: The Prisoner
#41: Rainmaker
#40: The Clansman
#37: 2 Minutes To Midnight
#36: Montsegur
#34: The Wicker Man
#29: The Parchment
#22: Heaven Can Wait
#21: Starblind
#20: Coming Home
#18: The Red and the Black
#15: The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
#13: Ghost of the Navigator
#10: 22 Acacia Avenue
#6: No Prayer for the Dying
#4: When The Wild Wind Blows
#3: Dance of Death
#1: Afraid To Shoot Strangers

Not ranked:

Death of the Celts
The Duellists
Out of the Silent Planet
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Deja-Vu
Prodigal Son
Wrathchild
Brave New World
The Nomad
Killers
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
Dream of Mirrors
Isle of Avalon
Lord of Light
The Book of Souls
Murders in the Rue Morgue
The Legacy
The Talisman

Ranked/Unranked split: 32/18

Offline The Realm

« Reply #1261 on: July 05, 2022, 04:35:55 PM »
My hopes of a late inning rally by the debut are rapidly diminishing.

I think we see at least 3 more songs from the debut...maybe 4.  I think Kev said something about a heavy hitter being shut out of the countdown, and I think the debut might be the source of that song.

I think Killers is done, which is disappointing.

At this point, I think Number only gets two more songs, but they'll both be top 10-15.

Piece probably has 4 more to go.

Powerslave gets 3 more.

SIT is currently perplexing me.  The consensus was that it would be the 100% represented album, but there are a couple unrevealed songs that I'll be really surprised to see in the top 25.

Seventh Son has four unrevealed songs, and I'll be really surprised to see one of them ranked higher than one that's already been revealed.  However, I'm now thinking it's got a better chance than SIT of having all songs represented.

No Prayer may be done.

Fear of the Dark has one more to go...maybe two?

That only leaves room for 4-5 more reunion era or Bailey songs.

I would love to think the debut gets 3 or 4 more songs but I just don't see that happening..

Lots of talk about the Blaze albums being poorly represented, well that is how I feel overall about the Dianno era. I had 12 songs in total from the first 2 albums on my list. We have had 5 so far and only 1 more definitely to come.

SiT - Pretty sure the rest of the album will show up by the end of the countdown.

Online pg1067

« Reply #1262 on: July 05, 2022, 04:48:23 PM »
I would love to think the debut gets 3 or 4 more songs but I just don't see that happening..

Lots of talk about the Blaze albums being poorly represented, well that is how I feel overall about the Dianno era. I had 12 songs in total from the first 2 albums on my list. We have had 5 so far and only 1 more definitely to come.

I'd bet actual money that the debut gets at least two more.  Four is possible, but I think three is likely.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1263 on: July 05, 2022, 04:52:27 PM »
DOD 28 - Had this ranked the exact number it resulted at, nice.  Yeah, this has everything and is classic Maiden.  Wonderful long solo section in this is a definite highlight.

Talisman - 3 - Thought I may have been the highest ranker for this one, but nice 425 had it even higher.  This was actually a big grower and not one of my favs from TFF initially.  Now, it's top 3.  Bruce shows why he's one of the best vocalists in the world and everything about it is just perfect.  The melodies, the gallop, the intensity and that chorus, wow.  I love how it's a short restrained solo section too, it fits well.  Janick does some nice Phrygian dominant/harmonic minor type stuff which is fitting to the mood and scenery the track gives off.  Just wonderful.

TC - 124 - I can't believe it made top 30.  It's a nice song, but overrated a hell of a lot.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1264 on: July 05, 2022, 04:53:53 PM »
I'll be extremely surprised if Number of the Beast doesn't get 3 more songs on the list. What I've always assumed were 3 stone-cold Maiden classics and favourites from that record have still to appear. 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 05:04:03 PM by Dave_Manchester »

Offline The Realm

« Reply #1265 on: July 05, 2022, 05:14:14 PM »
I'll be extremely surprised if Number of the Beast doesn't get 3 more songs on the list. What I've always assumed were 3 stone-cold Maiden classics and favourites from that record have still to appear.

Yes, agree.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1266 on: July 05, 2022, 05:17:47 PM »
Let's knock out two more today. This will likely be the last time I do two updates in a day, as I will do 23-21 tomorrow, and then the top 20 starts Thursday. I may do only two a day once I get there to drag it out a little bit, if there are no objections.

Anyway...

25 Hell on Earth
Appeared on 19 of 27 entrees
Top 10 finishes: 6
Highest Ranking: 1 (DTA, Elite)

I had this at 68, but not sure it would make my list if I redid it today.  It got the "I had just given the two newest albums a listen" bump.  Good song, but feels like there are so many that are a lot better.

24 Fear of the Dark
Appeared on 22 of 27 entrees
Top 10 finishes: 4
Highest Ranking: 2 (TAC, Elite)

Good song, but not sure I quite buy it as the stone cold classic that many fans make it out to be.  I had it at 61, so I do like it. I just think, like the last song, that there are many that are better.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1267 on: July 05, 2022, 05:25:15 PM »
Let's knock out two more today. This will likely be the last time I do two updates in a day, as I will do 23-21 tomorrow, and then the top 20 starts Thursday. I may do only two a day once I get there to drag it out a little bit, if there are no objections.

Definitely.  This has been going very quick, so a slow down from here on is a great idea Kev.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1268 on: July 05, 2022, 05:26:19 PM »
My top 2 in one post!! :lol :tup

It's literally 1:30 here and I just came home, will do a larger write-up on both these tomorrow!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1269 on: July 05, 2022, 05:28:11 PM »
HOE - 7 - I am genuinely shocked 2 people put this at number 1.  Saying that, I had it at 7.  I have a pretty special connection with this song as some know about.  The lyrics are beautiful and still haunt me to this day, while the melodies are some of Steve's finest.  Everything in that first 7 minutes are top tier Maiden melodies.  Over time, this song has potential to go higher on my list.

FOTD - 49 - As overrated and overplayed as it is, it's still a wonderful song.  Can't knock where it's ranked.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1270 on: July 05, 2022, 05:28:48 PM »
My top 2 in one post!! :lol :tup

It's literally 1:30 here and I just came home, will do a larger write-up on both these tomorrow!

Looking forward to your thoughts on HOE.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1271 on: July 05, 2022, 05:33:18 PM »

Definitely.  This has been going very quick, so a slow down from here on is a great idea Kev.

Too quick, ya think? I like doing an update every day and throwing in the occasional second a day.  As I said when I saw this idea somewhere else last year, the person who did that one was pretty random as to when they would do updates, so I try to do them at the same time every day (morning when eating my bowl of cereal and working to wake up :lol) so the followers of the thread know what to expect and when. I hate following something like this and having the runner dunce around with updates.  I think it kills the flow and excitement.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1272 on: July 05, 2022, 05:35:09 PM »
Your consistency can't be faulted.  Its hard, each day seems quick, but once every two days would be too long with 75 songs.  I think its been fine but slowing down to 2 a day from here on seems good, but who am I to say.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1273 on: July 05, 2022, 05:36:12 PM »
I hear ya.  :tup :tup

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #1274 on: July 05, 2022, 05:39:44 PM »
Hell on Earth: #25. If this is to be the song they go out on (I don't think it will be, but you never know, given that their last 4 releases have seen successive gaps of 3, 4, 5 and 6 years) then it's a hell of a way to go out. A brilliant song.

Fear of the Dark: #11. If the question were "Which Maiden traсks work best live?" then this would likely be #1, but the studio version is a classic tune too. We're all so familiar with it that it's easy to become desensitised to just what a fantastic opening this song has.

My list so far in descending order:

#74: If Eternity Should Fail
#72: Run to the Hills
#66: The Longest Day
#65: Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
#64: Only The Good Die Young
#63: Still Life
#61: Empire of the Clouds
#60: The Clairvoyant
#59: The Evil That Men Do
#56: These Colours Don't Run
#54: Can I Play With Madness
#53: Remember Tomorrow
#52: Judas Be My Guide
#51: Blood Brothers
#49: The Prisoner
#41: Rainmaker
#40: The Clansman
#37: 2 Minutes To Midnight
#36: Montsegur
#34: The Wicker Man
#29: The Parchment
#25: Hell on Earth
#22: Heaven Can Wait
#21: Starblind
#20: Coming Home
#18: The Red and the Black
#15: The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
#13: Ghost of the Navigator
#11: Fear of the Dark
#10: 22 Acacia Avenue
#6: No Prayer for the Dying
#4: When The Wild Wind Blows
#3: Dance of Death
#1: Afraid To Shoot Strangers

Not ranked:

Death of the Celts
The Duellists
Out of the Silent Planet
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Deja-Vu
Prodigal Son
Wrathchild
Brave New World
The Nomad
Killers
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
Dream of Mirrors
Isle of Avalon
Lord of Light
The Book of Souls
Murders in the Rue Morgue
The Legacy
The Talisman

Ranked/Unranked split: 34/18

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1275 on: July 05, 2022, 05:58:29 PM »
28 Dance of Death
Appeared on 18 of 27 entrees
Highest Ranking: 3 (Dave_Manchester)

This is another I felt like I could have had higher.  It landed at 47 for me.  This is one where I always listen to the live version from En Vivo over the studio version.

27 The Talisman
Appeared on 20 of 27 entrees
Highest Ranking: 2 (425)

Probably one of the best vocal performances of Bruce in the reunion era, no?  I had this at 27.

26 The Clairvoyant
Appeared on 23 of 27 entrees
Top 10 finishes: 2
Highest Ranking: 3 (Zydar)

This is one that kept skyrocketing up my list the more I heard it, eventually finishing at 22.  Great use of keys in this one, and that chorus is a monster.
Dance of Death - I had this at #107 and I don't get the high praise this song gets from some people, but I guess that's what makes Iron Maiden great. They have so much variety. Not a favorite of mine, but I can't fault anyone for loving this song.

The Talisman - Had this at #37. I think this is perfectly placed in the back half of the album, following up Starblind. Another great moody/atmospheric intro and buildup. And once the song gets going....it's such an epic track. I agree with Kev regarding Bruce's vocal performance.

The Clairvoyant - I had this at #10. I love that buildup and the guitar melodies used throughout the song. It's a very driving song from beginning to end with a quick pace, but at the same time it feels epic.

25 Hell on Earth

I had this at 68, but not sure it would make my list if I redid it today.  It got the "I had just given the two newest albums a listen" bump.  Good song, but feels like there are so many that are a lot better.

24 Fear of the Dark

Good song, but not sure I quite buy it as the stone cold classic that many fans make it out to be.  I had it at 61, so I do like it. I just think, like the last song, that there are many that are better.
Hell On Earth - If I had more time with this album, this song probably would have landed higher. As it is this came in at #37. What an epic way to end the album!

Fear of the Dark - I had this at #98 and I feel like this is a track that people think is better by association. It's definitely the best on the album, but it doesn't really stack up to Maiden's best.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Realm

« Reply #1276 on: July 05, 2022, 06:01:06 PM »

Too quick, ya think? I like doing an update every day and throwing in the occasional second a day.  As I said when I saw this idea somewhere else last year, the person who did that one was pretty random as to when they would do updates, so I try to do them at the same time every day (morning when eating my bowl of cereal and working to wake up :lol) so the followers of the thread know what to expect and when. I hate following something like this and having the runner dunce around with updates.  I think it kills the flow and excitement.

I think you do a really great job of this Kev. Don't change a thing.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #1277 on: July 05, 2022, 06:08:34 PM »

25 Hell on Earth

24 Fear of the Dark

The countdown is kind of going to script now for me but hopefully there is a surprise or two left. I guess two people ranking Hell on Earth at number 1 is a bit of a surprise..

Hell on Earth - 65 for me. A great song which I feel deserved a top 75 finish for sure but 25 is a bit high overall.

Fear of the Dark - came in at 46 on my list.

Online pg1067

« Reply #1278 on: July 05, 2022, 06:11:21 PM »

Absolutely concur!

I'll update the standings after tomorrow's posting.  Now I must go sit on the freeway.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline The Realm

« Reply #1279 on: July 05, 2022, 06:18:13 PM »

Fear of the Dark: #11. If the question were "Which Maiden traсks work best live?" then this would likely be #1, but the studio version is a classic tune too. We're all so familiar with it that it's easy to become desensitised to just what a fantastic opening this song has.

Could be a good debate to have but I have at least one song ahead of Fear of the Dark for this (hint we haven't seen it in the countdown yet..)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1280 on: July 05, 2022, 06:20:55 PM »
25 Hell on Earth

24 Fear of the Dark

I had Hell On Earth at #26. Pretty much the same spot it has here. It is a great song and my second favorite in the new album. It's tremendous though.

I had Fear Of The Dark at #2. No song, upon its release, has made me headbang
 as much as this one. When I got this album, I rolled down my windows and cranked. Still a great and deserved live staple.

So far...

70 Afraid to Shoot Strangers
68 The Nomad
62 Judas Be My Guide
58 Montesegur
57 Still Life
56 Blood Brothers
54 Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
53 Empire Of The Clouds
50 The Evil That Men Do
48 Heaven Can Wait
43 Brave New World
42 The Thin Line Between Love And Hate
38 Run To The Hills
32 2 Minutes To Midnight
29 The Duellists
26 Hell On Earth
24 When The Wild Wind Blows
23 The Red And The Black
21 Murders In The Rue Morgue
20 The Prisoner
19 The Clansman
18 Remember Tomorrow
17 No Prayer for the Dying
16 Dance Of Death
15 Lord Of Light
13 The Book Of Souls
11 Coming Home
8 The Parchment
7 The Talisman
6 22 Acacia Avenue
2 Fear Of The Dark

-------------------

Not Ranked

77 Starblind
79 The Legacy
82 The Longest Day
83 Isle Of Avalon
87 Deja Vu
90 Rainmaker
92 If Eternity Should Fail
94 Only the Good Die Young
97 Dream Of Mirrors
101 The Wicker Man
105 Killers
106 Death of the Celts

NR These Colours Don't Run
NR Ghost Of The Navigator
NR The Clairvoyant
NR Prodigal Son
NR Wratchchild
NR Can I Play with Madness
NR The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
NR Out of the Silent Planet
NR The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 08:44:35 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online nick_z

« Reply #1281 on: July 05, 2022, 06:35:12 PM »
Hell on Earth (#50)

It's probably the epic from the last album that grew on me the most - at least compared to first impressions when the record came out. I really like the moody intro, and from then on it's an avalanche of great melodic themes. My only peeve here is that the-voice-following-the-guitar thingie is taken to extremes  :biggrin: On the other hand, for all of our complaining about repeated chorus, here good ol' Steve pulls a trick on us, and really only does it once! But that also means the structure of the song is super-interesting...almost a linear development. The lead line that first shows up around 6:25 is so good and so short...but just when you think it's never to be heard again, it makes a great comeback around the 9-minute mark. The "love in anger" part is epic too. Anyway, this is far from perfect, but an excellent way to close the album.

Fear of the Dark (#20)

This was always going to make my top 20. As it turns out, just barely  ;D A huge highlight from an album that I don't particularly like, imo it's one Maiden "classic" from the 90s. Yes, it's maybe a bit overrated as it's almost made to be played live but, my goodness, when it gets going after that perfect, slow build-up, it's just brilliant.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1282 on: July 05, 2022, 06:41:28 PM »

Absolutely concur!

I'll update the standings after tomorrow's posting.  Now I must go sit on the freeway.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to be critical, I too think he's doing an incredible job.

Online nick_z

« Reply #1283 on: July 05, 2022, 07:33:36 PM »

I'd agree, and I have what I assume are the 3 songs you are referring to all in my top 20...although now I'm starting to think one of those songs might not make the list...it'd be shocking (for me, of course), but that's the beauty of this!

SIT is currently perplexing me.  The consensus was that it would be the 100% represented album, but there are a couple unrevealed songs that I'll be really surprised to see in the top 25.

Yes, also given what made the list, I'd say there are 3 songs on it I'd be VERY surprised not to see in the top 25

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1284 on: July 05, 2022, 07:54:19 PM »
28. Dance of Death - Me N/A

Dance of Death was the Maiden album that did almost nothing for me on my revisit to the reunion albums. I only had one song in the entire top 75…but it’s a really good one that we haven’t seen yet. This one seemed a bit more cheesy than most to me. Maybe if I hear a live version it will sway me.

27. The Talisman - Me #57

TFF on the other hand, was a different story. Completely fell in love with this album on the revisit. This is an excellent epic! Love the ending section especially. It’s only fault is getting outshined by the other great songs on the album. I’m a bit surprised (but happy) to see it this high.

26. The Clairvoyant - Me #22

Pretty close to the consensus on this one. This is my absolute favorite from SS, but only just. Great bass line, great verses, fantastic chorus. This might be an all time top ten “under 5 minute” Maiden songs.

25. Hell on Earth - Me N/A

I love Senjutsu. I included 6 songs on my list. But I found the ending a bit of a letdown after the phenomenal The Parchment. Maybe it just hasn’t grabbed me yet. Very shocked to see it this high.

24. Fear of the Dark - Me #18

I was expecting this to end up higher on my list, but as I pointed out in the main IM thread, I actually found the studio version to be a bit of a disappointment after hearing nothing but the live version for so long. But no denying that it’s an absolute classic. One of the extremely few songs that they *always* play that I don’t necessarily want them to stop playing.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline The Realm

« Reply #1285 on: July 05, 2022, 08:12:01 PM »

I'd agree, and I have what I assume are the 3 songs you are referring to all in my top 20...although now I'm starting to think one of those songs might not make the list...it'd be shocking (for me, of course), but that's the beauty of this!

Yes, also given what made the list, I'd say there are 3 songs on it I'd be VERY surprised not to see in the top 25

I still have 18 of my top 25 to be revealed which includes the 3 NOTB songs in question, surely they will be there?? Pretty sure 1 song I have in my top 25 won't make it now (it's a Dianno song) but pretty sure the other 17 will..

Of the 23 songs left I am predicting up to 19 of these could come from the classic era (NOTB to SS albums). Will definitely be 2 more reunion songs and 1 more Dianno and of course 1 Blaze.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 10:09:43 PM by The Realm »

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #1286 on: July 05, 2022, 09:17:42 PM »
Hell on Earth (-)
It's my favorite epic from Senjutsu, but I guess I grew a bit tired of modern Harris's epics, honestly.

Fear of the Dark (#52)
It's truly a very good song and it works even better live. Personally I think Maiden could retire this song live, but it always has an immense crowd's response, so what can we do?
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1287 on: July 05, 2022, 10:46:40 PM »
[...]so I try to do them at the same time every day (morning when eating my bowl of cereal and working to wake up :lol

Well, now I am confused. Updates tend to appear in the UK around midnight/early hours of our morning. I always thought you were in the US, though? That'd mean you're eating your breakfast either in the evening (east coast) or as a very late lunch (west coast) :biggrin:
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline The Realm

« Reply #1288 on: July 05, 2022, 11:53:25 PM »
[...]so I try to do them at the same time every day (morning when eating my bowl of cereal and working to wake up :lol

Well, now I am confused. Updates tend to appear in the UK around midnight/early hours of our morning. I always thought you were in the US, though? That'd mean you're eating your breakfast either in the evening (east coast) or as a very late lunch (west coast) :biggrin:

Are you sure? I am in Australia and I normally get Kev's updates around 10pm in the evening my time. This would be 1pm in the afternoon London time (I know this right because I currently watch Wimbledon or the Tour de France in the late evenings my time). I think this is also 8am NY time so depending on where Kev is in the USA there is a good chance he is eating his cereal while he posts the new songs.

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1289 on: July 06, 2022, 12:26:29 AM »
Yes, you're right. Although the last two were posted around midnight UK time. Got a lot on my plate at the moment :lol
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline The Realm

« Reply #1290 on: July 06, 2022, 12:36:45 AM »
Yes, you're right. Although the last two were posted around midnight UK time. Got a lot on my plate at the moment :lol

No worries, yeah that is maybe the additional updates when Kev posts more than one batch in a day. I'd say we can expect some more songs in about 5 and half hours....the countdown is on...

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1291 on: July 06, 2022, 01:12:00 AM »
To update rest of my list. Some of those seems too low, some too high now. But I love all of my top 75 and it was really hard to rank them.

70   The Legacy
44   The Talisman
27   Hell on Earth
25   The Clairvoyant
24   Dance of Death
21   Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
18   Empire of the Clouds
16   Fear of the Dark
13   The Evil That Men Do
7   Ghost of the Navigator

Now I'm afraid my #1 won't make an appearance at all :lol
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1292 on: July 06, 2022, 02:53:44 AM »
Hell on earth is out of this world, the guys can still knock it out of the park. Fear of the dark, as overplayed as it is, is still fantastic, especially the live versions.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1293 on: July 06, 2022, 04:51:21 AM »

Are you sure? I am in Australia and I normally get Kev's updates around 10pm in the evening my time. This would be 1pm in the afternoon London time (I know this right because I currently watch Wimbledon or the Tour de France in the late evenings my time). I think this is also 8am NY time so depending on where Kev is in the USA there is a good chance he is eating his cereal while he posts the new songs.

I think you just hit the nail on why I thought this was going super fast.  I usually read the updates just before bed but don't post my rankings until the next morning before work.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #1294 on: July 06, 2022, 04:53:39 AM »
Same here. That is what I usually do as well.