Author Topic: Classical Name That Tune!!!!  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Classical Name That Tune!!!!
« on: July 20, 2022, 01:25:08 PM »
So... this is a snippet from Ritchie Blackmore's solo spot during "Lost In Hollywood", on the "Down To Earth" tour in 1979.  (This is specifically from Denver, in November of that year, but he played something similar every night.) 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3a3141w9bb1zpld/Classical%20Snippet.mp3?dl=0

The part right before this is Beethoven's Ninth ("Ode To Joy", which Blackmore used a lot and called "Difficult To Cure" at times).  I don't think this snippet is from that, however.   I know it's not Blackmore's, but does anyone know what this is?  It may, in fact, be more than one piece.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: Classical Name That Tune!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 02:38:44 PM »
I’m really struggling with this. It sounds recognisable and then again it doesn’t. I’ve checked out different versions, including the studio recording where he plays the same thing. It’s not from Beethoven’s 9th, for sure. It sounds a little like something Bach or Telemann might have written, but I can’t place it. It wouldn’t surprise me if this is actually original music wedged in between the other stuff.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 03:36:20 PM »
I would expect LudwigVan to know this.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 09:10:15 AM »
Where's ViolinTheater when you need him?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 09:51:02 PM »
I’m really struggling with this. It sounds recognisable and then again it doesn’t. I’ve checked out different versions, including the studio recording where he plays the same thing. It’s not from Beethoven’s 9th, for sure. It sounds a little like something Bach or Telemann might have written, but I can’t place it. It wouldn’t surprise me if this is actually original music wedged in between the other stuff.
I think you're right on all counts. Not Beethoven. Sounds a lot like Bach, but probably isn't. I think it's just part of Difficult to Cure, done live in a very Bach-like style.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson