Author Topic: Now what?!?! ... Monkeypox (seriously)  (Read 4498 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Now what?!?! ... Monkeypox (seriously)
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2022, 11:40:30 AM »
I read that it was passed through sexual contact, so I felt the majority of the dtf.org community would be safe.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2022, 10:49:45 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/07/cdc-raises-monkeypox-alert-as-global-cases-surpass-1000.html

As of Monday, 1,019 confirmed and suspected cases of monkeypox have so far been reported in 29 countries, according to the public health body.

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/two-versions-of-monkeypox-are-circulating-in-the-u-s-cdc-says-141568581642

Concerns are growing over the monkeypox virus in the U.S. as the CDC is now saying the cases appear to be coming from two different outbreaks.

:dunno:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2022, 12:31:55 PM »
Source: https://ussanews.com/2022/07/12/the-number-of-monkeypox-cases-in-new-york-city-has-doubled-again/

British scientists estimate the outbreak is doubling in size about every two weeks and said it’s likely cases are being undercounted. They said that in nearly 80% of cases, there is no information about whether or not the person had contact with a confirmed case, meaning the virus is spreading undetected.

If cases keep doubling in the UK at that rate, there will be more than a million confirmed British cases by the end of 2022.

Here in the United States, it appears that monkeypox is spreading even faster.  The number of likely monkeypox cases in New York City has once again doubled in a week.

As of Monday, July 12, 267 people in the city have tested positive for orthopoxvirus (see below) and all likely have monkeypox, according to the city’s Health Department. That is up from 111 cases on July 5 and more than quadruple the number from a week prior to that.

267 cases is certainly not the end of the world, but if cases keep doubling every week New York City will also have more than a million confirmed cases by the end of the year.

In Chicago, the very first case was confirmed less than a month ago, and now the total number of cases is up to 105…

And the news today was another 70 or so cases in NYC. 

Global case count is over 10,000 - more than 5x the number of cases the world had seen in the last 30 years.  I guess this is what we get with a couple of generations not vax'd against Small pox?  Or that this version of Monkeypox is different than what we've known.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2022, 02:30:38 PM »
I guess this is what we get with a couple of generations not vax'd against Small pox?  Or that this version of Monkeypox is different than what we've known.

I don't know.....this type of crap can make me get conspiratorial real quick......
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2022, 03:54:00 PM »
I guess this is what we get with a couple of generations not vax'd against Small pox?  Or that this version of Monkeypox is different than what we've known.

I don't know.....this type of crap can make me get conspiratorial real quick......

Genuine question - what do you mean by that?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2022, 04:05:11 PM »

That this was introduced intentionally right as the ‘worry’ and hype over Covid and the control it brought has subsided.

Do I truly believe that? No. BUT…..at this point it’s just as easy to buy into as any other theory.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2022, 04:08:41 PM »

That this was introduced intentionally right as the ‘worry’ and hype over Covid and the control it brought has subsided.

Do I truly believe that? No. BUT…..at this point it’s just as easy to buy into as any other theory.

It's really not that easy to buy into.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2022, 04:18:41 PM »
I mean, a disease which has affected barely anyone (from a worldwide perspective) in 2 months and has seen no specific public health measures as a ccconsequence of it seems like a poor choice as a method of control.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Harmony

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2022, 04:24:22 PM »

Introduced intentionally?  You mean some nefarious person or persons unleashed Monkeypox (which was first discovered in 1958) into the UK as a means to control the US population?  Or introduced by US media/government as some sort of false flag?

I'm seriously lost by this line of thinking (yes...I don't think YOU believe this gmillerdrake).  Is this something coming from the Alex Jones/Qanon realm?  Cause it seems pretty easy to poke holes in this theory.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2022, 05:17:11 PM »
I think this is where just plain text does not bode well for someone as sarcastic as I am. Before this gets out of control try to read my responses to Chad with a heavy tilt on the sarcasm side.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2022, 06:07:25 PM »
What I read in Gary’s post is that looking at the timing alone, nut jobs can/will buy in to some form of conspiracy. I’m sure many could/would buy that it’s a product of COVID vaccination as well.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2022, 06:52:19 PM »
I think this is where just plain text does not bode well for someone as sarcastic as I am. Before this gets out of control try to read my responses to Chad with a heavy tilt on the sarcasm side.

I hear you.  I wasn't meaning to rapid fire questions AT you.  Poking holes in conspiracy theories is one of those things I enjoy.  Weird, I know.   :lol
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2022, 07:18:57 PM »

I hear you.  I wasn't meaning to rapid fire questions AT you.  Poking holes in conspiracy theories is one of those things I enjoy.  Weird, I know.   :lol

It’s all good…..as I said….I forget sometimes that it’s impossible to know the tone behind these things we post. I’ve spoken with Chad numerous times so I knew he’d ‘get’ my posts cuz he kind of knows my delivery. Then I saw you guys getting ‘real’ with it and wanted to make sure it didn’t get too far gone.    :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2022, 07:23:44 PM »

It’s all good…..as I said….I forget sometimes that it’s impossible to know the tone behind these things we post. I’ve spoken with Chad numerous times so I knew he’d ‘get’ my posts cuz he kind of knows my delivery. Then I saw you guys getting ‘real’ with it and wanted to make sure it didn’t get too far gone.    :lol

It is hard to tell. Gary, you seem to lean right as far as I can tell, so I took you kind of seriously. And leaning right is just fine in my book, because at the end of the day we're just two guys having a conversation over a couple of diet cokes. :)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2022, 07:35:26 PM »

It is hard to tell. Gary, you seem to lean right as far as I can tell, so I took you kind of seriously. And leaning right is just fine in my book, because at the end of the day we're just two guys having a conversation over a couple of diet cokes. :)

I don’t consider myself a ‘far right’ person. I’m certainly more conservative than most on this board and being that we’re stuck between having to choose between two parties I’d be in the Repub camp I suppose……but I’m not ‘far right’ by any means.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2022, 07:50:48 PM »
Well, to be fair, I didn't say you were "far right", I just said it seems that you lean right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2022, 08:06:22 PM »
Well, to be fair, I didn't say you were "far right", I just said it seems that you lean right.

That’s exactly what someone who doesn’t believe monkey pox was introduced by the government to control the citizenry would say.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2022, 08:13:37 PM »

That’s exactly what someone who doesn’t believe monkey pox was introduced by the government to control the citizenry would say.

:huh:

Gary, I said you "lean right" which you confirmed with this..

I don’t consider myself a ‘far right’ person. I’m certainly more conservative than most on this board and being that we’re stuck between having to choose between two parties I’d be in the Repub camp I suppose……but I’m not ‘far right’ by any means.

I never said anything about "far right" ..not once..or even insinuated it..
I am not sure why you feel the need to defend it. I never mentioned anything about "far right".

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2022, 08:21:52 PM »
Tim….I was TOTALLY joking……completely. I thought you’d pick up on it given the ridiculousness of the post.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2022, 08:30:49 PM »
Tim….I was TOTALLY joking……completely. I thought you’d pick up on it given the ridiculousness of the post.

Someone eviscerated Tim's humour gene recently.  Maybe he spent some time with Stadler.   :rollin :rollin

Offline faizoff

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2022, 08:32:33 PM »
He needs to listen to some Winger to mellow out  ;D
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2022, 08:25:15 AM »
The "k" is silent.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2022, 09:25:30 AM »

Someone eviscerated Tim's humour gene recently.  Maybe he spent some time with Stadler.   :rollin :rollin

Fuck that; even I got the joke.  :)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2022, 09:29:34 AM »

Fuck that; even I got the joke.  :)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2022, 12:34:24 PM »
Just read that California has no also declared a state of emergency over the growing outbreak.  NY and IL already have done so.  White House has also named a former head of FEMA as a "Monkeypox response coordinator".

While COVID seared the planet like a steak, I get the sense that Monkeypox is more like ribs ... low and slow.  But it still can cook.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2022, 12:59:55 PM »
Why is it that every time I'm about to fly somewhere since early 2020, a disease or an evolution of it is starting to wear its ugly head?  I'm going to be flying out on 08/11 - 08/14.  Hopefully, things can be stable in that frame and all is good for me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2022, 04:07:00 PM »
Just read that California has no also declared a state of emergency over the growing outbreak.  NY and IL already have done so.  White House has also named a former head of FEMA as a "Monkeypox response coordinator".

While COVID seared the planet like a steak, I get the sense that Monkeypox is more like ribs ... low and slow.  But it still can cook.

:lol  Imagine going to a bar and trying to pick up chicks, and a woman asks, "so, what do you do for work?"  "uhhhhh......."
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2022, 04:50:52 PM »

Just popped in to see what Kade posted in this thread, and I see some shots taken at the expense of...someone. :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2022, 04:58:05 PM »
 :lol  To be fair, that role probably pays a fuckton of money!!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.