Author Topic: Marvel Studios' She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (Disney+) - S1 Finale OUT NOW!  (Read 18347 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Marvel Studios' She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (Disney+) - Episode 7 OUT NOW!
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2022, 02:19:56 PM »
I loled at "ceremonial sweat yurt". :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2022, 08:34:25 PM »
Okay, that was entertaining.  I think I laughed more this episode than in the last two or three altogether.  Blonsky's spiritual retreat was not just a ruse to keep him out of prison or whatever; it was a real thing with people actually achieving some kind of... something.  I don't know.  It was completely absurd, but I guess I managed to find it funny instead of just dumb.  Tim Roth sold me.  What a bizarre episode, but fun.

Too bad about Josh.  We knew he was too good to be true.  Played that long con, but as far as Jen knows, he's just a douchebag who ghosted her after finally getting to bang her, and that's gotta suck.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2022, 08:56:04 PM »
He needs to get what comes due.  Plus who is he working for?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2022, 09:32:08 PM »
He needs to get what comes due.  Plus who is he working for?
Right, who is HULKKING?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2022, 09:33:04 PM »
I KNOW!!  Bring the knowledge on!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2022, 08:52:43 AM »
I agree that was one of the better episodes

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2022, 08:54:16 AM »
I really enjoyed it. Though I was disappointed that the obvious bad guy was the obvious bad guy, and also that Jen was next to a dude who was hired to steal her blood and NEVER ASKED HIM WHY OR WHO HE WORKED FOR!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2022, 12:31:05 PM »
This was the episode that broke me, I came close last week with the wedding - but this was just to much.  Survived till the scene where the reformed villians therapy session for She-Jen, the point where all those shitty utterly unfunny characters were dancing and chanting about deleting the boyfriends name from her phone I just couldn't take it anymore.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2022, 06:15:17 PM »
I haven't watch the new ep, and won't do it, I'll keep reading the spoilers here, if something goods come up I'll watch, couldn't take it anymore since last week ep

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2022, 07:49:31 PM »
I really enjoyed it. Though I was disappointed that the obvious bad guy was the obvious bad guy, and also that Jen was next to a dude who was hired to steal her blood and NEVER ASKED HIM WHY OR WHO HE WORKED FOR!

"Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #220 on: October 01, 2022, 03:14:48 PM »
What's your name?  Who's your daddy?  Is he rich like me?

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: October 03, 2022, 11:41:20 AM »
This was the episode that broke me, I came close last week with the wedding - but this was just to much.  Survived till the scene where the reformed villians therapy session for She-Jen, the point where all those shitty utterly unfunny characters were dancing and chanting about deleting the boyfriends name from her phone I just couldn't take it anymore.

So, for the record, I found all of that "unfunny" stuff to be very funny indeed.  On the other hand, I don't like a lot of more modern comedy (like The Office, or Judd Apatow movies), so whatever.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #222 on: October 03, 2022, 12:54:02 PM »
Funny is definitely subjective... Personally I found Seinfeld and Friends to be boring af. To each their own.

This show is middle of the road funny for me.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #223 on: October 03, 2022, 02:04:32 PM »
I thought it was the best episode since the first one.  *shrugs*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #224 on: October 04, 2022, 02:03:09 AM »

So, for the record, I found all of that "unfunny" stuff to be very funny indeed.  On the other hand, I don't like a lot of more modern comedy (like The Office, or Judd Apatow movies), so whatever.

I've never liked The Office (the UK version, never seen the US one) and I'm pretty sure my only experience with Apatow is watching about half of 40 Year Old Virgin - I didn't like what I saw.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #225 on: October 04, 2022, 06:48:05 AM »

I've never liked The Office (the UK version, never seen the US one) and I'm pretty sure my only experience with Apatow is watching about half of 40 Year Old Virgin - I didn't like what I saw.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #226 on: October 05, 2022, 04:19:54 PM »
Really enjoying this show. Just an easy, light watch that doesn't take itself remotely seriously.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #227 on: October 05, 2022, 06:24:22 PM »
I am also really enjoying this show, I get a good laugh out of it. It isn't at all the show I was expecting to see but it works for me and is refreshing in its own way.

Online The Letter M

Re: Marvel Studios' She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (Disney+) - Episode 8 OUT NOW!
« Reply #228 on: October 06, 2022, 09:35:22 AM »
Wow this episode was probably my favorite so far, and not just for the obvious cameo. It seemed like everything from the last 7 episodes has built up to this and now  genuinely excited for the finale!

-Marc
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #229 on: October 06, 2022, 10:47:21 PM »
Yup, very, very solid episode for sure.

"Using ketchup and mustard as a color scheme isn't that daring..."  :lol

Online The Letter M

« Reply #230 on: October 06, 2022, 10:49:29 PM »
Yup, very, very solid episode for sure.

"Using ketchup and mustard as a color scheme isn't that daring..."  :lol

I think she said "Using mustard and ketchup as your color scheme IS pretty daring." after he corrected her naming him as "Gold Devil".

God their chemistry was so good. I hope she pops up in his show in a couple years!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #231 on: October 06, 2022, 10:50:34 PM »
These last two episodes were a step up.  I still kept finding myself saying "this is SO stupid!"  But I was also genuinely laughing more than a few times.  That was...actually kinda fun.  I do have mixed feelings about Daredevil though.  It was cool to see him.  But I feel like they kinda messed up the character. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2022, 04:52:48 AM »
I really wish the Daredevil thing had been a surprise

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #233 on: October 09, 2022, 06:46:51 AM »
It was cool to see him.  But I feel like they kinda messed up the character. 

It was a "lighter" version of both Matt Murdock and Daredevil, but I thought it was fine given the tone of the show and the fact that it's been several years since the Netflix series.  I had no problem accepting him as the same guy, older, wiser, and less of a perpetual downer all the time.  He's found some peace.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #234 on: October 09, 2022, 07:49:44 AM »
It was cool to see him.  But I feel like they kinda messed up the character. 

It was a "lighter" version of both Matt Murdock and Daredevil, but I thought it was fine given the tone of the show and the fact that it's been several years since the Netflix series.  I had no problem accepting him as the same guy, older, wiser, and less of a perpetual downer all the time.  He's found some peace.
Yeah, and even though his show was gritty, he still had a sense of humour and was pretty flirty. I thought this was very much in keeping with the character, just a shift of emphasis to suit the lighter tone of the show.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #235 on: October 09, 2022, 07:53:37 AM »
I feel Netflix gave the character a fantastic three season arc and, combined with the number of years since, I'm okay with the character being a bit different and reemphasized. I think Charlie Cox made it seem very natural.

Hoping he is more serious in his own show though. The character was never really intended to be that silly for long.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #236 on: October 09, 2022, 07:55:57 AM »
I feel Netflix gave the character a fantastic three season arc and, combined with the number of years since, I'm okay with the character being a bit different and reemphasized. I think Charlie Cox made it seem very natural.

Hoping he is more serious in his own show though. The character was never really intended to be that silly for long.
I'm sure that show will be more serious in tone, would be very weird if it isn't.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #237 on: October 09, 2022, 02:57:04 PM »
The original colors on the outfit, though.  Ugh.  Luke didn't do him any favors.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #238 on: October 10, 2022, 01:41:35 PM »
Loved that episode! Daredevil worked beautifully, IMO, and the thing at the awards ceremony felt very relevant to current issues while still fitting in the feel of the show.

They've nailed the balance of tones in this series. This and Ms Marvel have re-ignited my slightly waning interest in the MCU.  :tup
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #239 on: October 10, 2022, 02:43:24 PM »
Loved that episode! Daredevil worked beautifully, IMO, and the thing at the awards ceremony felt very relevant to current issues while still fitting in the feel of the show.

They've nailed the balance of tones in this series. This and Ms Marvel have re-ignited my slightly waning interest in the MCU.  :tup

Strongly agree about the awards ceremony. That was a big time home run for me. It made a great point without ham-fisting it. It struck a nice balance of making you think without being overly preachy. Just brilliant.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2022, 03:46:42 PM »
You guys are nuts  :o. Even the Roger Corman F4 movie had better writing than this !!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #241 on: October 11, 2022, 07:18:27 AM »
You guys are nuts  :o. Even the Roger Corman F4 movie had better writing than this !!
You keep saying things like that, and I keep not seeing it.

Maybe this just isn't for you.  The fact that you don't like it doesn't necessarily mean there is anything WRONG with it, such as bad writing, or bad anything else.  Maybe it just doesn't appeal to you.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #242 on: October 11, 2022, 12:14:07 PM »
Well, yeah, the "you guys are nuts" is over the top and doesn't acknowledge that people are entitled to like what they like.  But it does have bad writing all over the place, and plenty of folks, including some on this forum who don't hate the show, have pointed out specifics in that regard. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: October 11, 2022, 12:36:50 PM »
I watched the episode only because someone mentioned DD, even DD doesn't save the show.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #244 on: October 11, 2022, 12:43:05 PM »
Well, yeah, the "you guys are nuts" is over the top and doesn't acknowledge that people are entitled to like what they like.  But it does have bad writing all over the place, and plenty of folks, including some on this forum who don't hate the show, have pointed out specifics in that regard.
They still amount to not much more than "I don't like this, and it isn't done the way I would want it to be done, therefore it is bad writing."

I mean, whatever.  No one is comparing this (or any other Marvel show) to The Wire or Breaking Bad. Call it what you want, I guess.