Author Topic: Marvel Studios' She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (Disney+) - S1 Finale OUT NOW!  (Read 18146 times)

Online The Letter M

« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 08:01:03 AM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Well that looks.......

...I remain not terribly excited.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Well that looks.......

IDK my friend. Looks like lighthearted fun.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

Well that looks.......

IDK my friend. Looks like lighthearted fun.

Parts. For sure.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dream Team

More Mark Ruffalo is always good. Plus the return of Roth/Blonsky/Abomination.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I think they realized with Thor, Ragnarok, a comedic side works with the Hulk.  It feels the same.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
I'm hoping the CGI is vastly improved by the time it's released. Hulk looked fine, she hulk looked horrible.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
I'm hoping the CGI is vastly improved by the time it's released. Hulk looked fine, she hulk looked horrible.

I had the same thought. CGI Tatiana did not look right at all. Why CGI a woman that gorgeous to begin with?
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
I’m what you would say a ‘casual’ Marvel watcher……seen most of the movies….they’ve been entertaining and fun……but this looks atrocious. It’s ok to say ‘no’ in these pitch meetings fellas……it doesn’t all need to be made.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
I'll reserve judgement on the CGI, but in general I thought it looked like a ton of fun. Looking forward to it!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Looks great fun.  :)

Not sure about the CGI. We'll see.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
I'll watch, but this one isn't looking all that great to me so far.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
This one looks like a fun watch to me. The CGI definitely looks a little janky, but I also feel like we're all holding it to a higher bar implicitly because Hulk is naturally cartoony while She-Hulk in theory looks more realistic (take a pretty lady and just make her taller and green).
Photobucket sucks.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I love Tatiana Maslany, and the story/tone looks OK to me, as long as they improve the quality of the CGI.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll reserve judgement on the CGI, but in general I thought it looked like a ton of fun. Looking forward to it!

Same.  I suspect they'll still be tweaking the CGI right up to the release date.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Part of me hopes they leave the cgi alone just so the internet will lose its fucking mind even more than it has in the last day.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Hulk here has his arm completely healed, does that mean this is pre blip or post blip healed?

Online Adami

Hulk here has his arm completely healed, does that mean this is pre blip or post blip healed?

Wondering about that too. It's possible that part of it is flashback between Infinity War and Endgame and the rest of it modern? Or it's possible the dude just healed at some point.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member

Wondering about that too. It's possible that part of it is flashback between Infinity War and Endgame and the rest of it modern? Or it's possible the dude just healed at some point.
I was wondering the same. We saw him in Shang-Chi post credit with his arm still recovering, but Human form.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Abomination is locked in the same thing that appeared at the end of Shang Xi, when Wong opens and cross the portal.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
The CGI looks... rough. I'm skeptical of this, honestly their treatment of Hulk as a character is one of my main issues with Endgame.

Offline Melphina

Forgot if I've posted in here about the shows recently so forgive me

I finished Hawkeye. Didn't really enjoy it. Kate is cute af.

What If - bad animation and art style imo, even worse voice acting. Made it one episode before giving up. Only Marvel show I've seen that I dislike so much. No problem with the concepts... just not fun to sit through.

Moon Knight - really cool examination of a character with mental problems we've never seen in the mcu and I think Oscar Isaac does a great job. But I'm not really a fan of the plot. Steven annoys me too and I don't understand the Mr. Knight thing and what the purpose of it and that suit is. Moon Knight, Konchu, beats the shit out of bad people, got it. Mr. Knight feels like a badly executed comedy bit to me.

She Hulk looks okay. Her cgi isn't great but like an early look at a video game it could be rough unfinished cgi. Guaranteed they'll adjust it before it airs... I hope. The show itself has me curious.

Oh and I really didn't like the villain in Hawkeye. Her show announcement kind of made me groan. She is a less cool, less interesting version of Kimiko on The Boys to me. Nat's sister was awesome though. Also hated that they did Kingpin like that. Was kind of hoping he'd stick around and maybe fight Spiderman in the films. I guess that's still technically possible but meh.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
Want a She-Hulk & Gamora team up.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member

What If - bad animation and art style imo, even worse voice acting. Made it one episode before giving up. Only Marvel show I've seen that I dislike so much. No problem with the concepts... just not fun to sit through.

So you only saw the captain Carter episode? I can see your point. Though I would say it gets better. Specially the Dr. strange and the 2 Ultron episodes.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

So you only saw the captain Carter episode? I can see your point. Though I would say it gets better. Specially the Dr. strange and the 2 Ultron episodes.

No, it really doesn't.  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Melphina

Yeah the Captain Carter episode was enough for me. That was some terrible voice acting especially on that general or whoever was her superior. The animation was not the quality I was expecting either. Again, the concepts are totally fine although it reeeeally stretched and rushed things just for the sake of telling the "what if" scenario but that's not enough to make me stop watching, the visuals and audio however are.

Offline jammindude

I was really lukewarm on What If until the last couple of episodes. Suddenly the entire focus of the show changed completely and it suddenly become something different entirely that I was not expecting. That payoff was worth the rest of it to me. YMMV

I mean, it went from “episodic, week to week, none of this is related it’s all just what if” to suddenly being about the Multiverse and all of it breaking down, and the guy watching over all is watching it all fall apart…. Now I want to watch it again. That ending was a trip
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Honestly their shows have kinda been misses for me. Wandavision was interesting but kinda got boring in the last episode when you have the obligatory CGI action sequence. But with both Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki and Hawkeye I felt myself losing interest towards the latter episodes and kinda had to force myself to get through them. Haven't started Moonknight yet - I do want to see it but I feel like I need to muster up enthusiasm to finally get going on it. She-Hulk is a show I wanted to be hyped about because I like Tatiana Maslany but the CGI looks bad and their treatment of the Hulk as a character just rubs me the wrong way.

Not to say that these shows have been bad or anything but it feels like a sea of "yeah its alright" tv-shows where you feel forced to watch all of it or you will miss out on the bigger picture. But then you have other shows that are more interesting because they're about other things.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I haven't felt "yeah its alright" about any of the live action MCU shows. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

I felt that way about What If?

I really liked 9/10 of each of the other shows. They usually lost a bit at that lest episode, but that doesn't undo the rest of the series.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

I hated What If?  That's why I said "live action."

Online Adami

I hated What If?  That's why I said "live action."

Fair. Missed that part of the post.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online The Letter M

With Ms. Marvel finished, this is the next dose of MCU content, coming in just about a month.

For those who don't know, this is supposed to be a 9-episode series with slightly shorter episodes, in the 30 minute range. It's supposed to have a more proceedural/sitcom-y feel to it, and given what I've heard about She-Hulk in the comics, this seems like a good fit for her. I think anyone who thinks she's just supposed to be an action superhero are going to be disappointed when the show turns into a sitcom and possibly even has some fourth-wall breaking jokes. She-Hulk was never a serious comic from what I've seen, and I like that they're trying to translate that into live action.

And I'm excited to see Blonsky and Wong again, and maybe figure out why they were in that fighting ring in Shang-Chi. I think this show also has a good chance of seeing Val again, especially if she recruits the Abomination to join whatever team it is she's possibly putting together with USAgent and Yelena Belova (most likely the Thunderbolts, which was announced as having a film in the works several weeks ago).

I think we will see another trailer at SDCC this coming weekend as we ramp up the advertising for this show in the next few weeks. I haven't heard if the first day will have two episodes or just the first one, but either way, the show will carry the MCU into early/mid-October! The thing I am loving about this year's Disney+ MCU Content is that they're all brand new characters in the MCU, so we aren't burdened with needing to make connections to everyone and everything, and hopefully, She-Hulk continues the trend of fleshing out a new characters fairly well (like we got with Ms. Marvel and, for the most part, Moon Knight).

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline ErHaO

Wasn't looking forward to this at all but the new trailer has me cautiously excited.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
I was actually very stoked for this, and the new trailer makes me even more so.