Author Topic: Marvel Studios' She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (Disney+) - S1 Finale OUT NOW!  (Read 18143 times)

Online Dream Team

So Wanda's coming back in a What If series. Cool.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
#SheHulk will now premiere August 18

New episodes drop every Thursday instead of Wednesday

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Good.  I hate the Wednesday episode drop.  Friday is my preference because it just feels like more of an event when it is the first "big thing" for the weekend, but Thursday is fine, I guess. 

Anyway, I hope this series is decent and doesn't push the boundaries very hard in terms of appropriateness.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Boo... I got my regular AA homegroup meeting Thursday. Looks like it'll be regulated to Friday night for me.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
#SheHulk director Kat Coiro on Daredevil's role in the show

“To watch Matt Murdock and Jennifer Walters match wits is something I think people are going to love. Charlie & Tatiana have great chemistry, it's got the tone of a Howard Hawks movie"

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
https://www.theblaze.com/news/shehulk-cgi-womens-bodies-ownership

You know it's bad when the complaint is about how bad the CGI is and then the director turns into "fans hate women"

No...the complaint is that it looks like you made Shrek 5 instead of She-Hulk,

Bruce looks pretty good, & Jennifer looks like someone used Microsoft Paint

Offline jammindude

I have never gotten the hate for special effects. Maybe it’s just because I grew up with the original Star Trek and the fourth doctor from Doctor Who. Both of those shows taught me that if you have a really good story you can suspend your disbelief on the special effects. So that’s been my frame of mind since I was a kid.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online The Letter M

The She-Hulk twitter account posted some sneak-peek images today, featuring a clearer look at Daredevil's gold and red costume from the shoulders up. It looks REALLY good. I'm excited to see him in this series!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
I have never gotten the hate for special effects. Maybe it’s just because I grew up with the original Star Trek and the fourth doctor from Doctor Who. Both of those shows taught me that if you have a really good story you can suspend your disbelief on the special effects. So that’s been my frame of mind since I was a kid.

Special effects if done poorly can take people out of the movie and be a distraction.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
I think, based solely on the latest tv spots, that the CG is well enough done to not distract me. Perfect? Nah. But good enough.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

Special effects if done poorly can take people out of the movie and be a distraction.

Flying fake vomit on strings didn’t take me out of the story.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

Flying fake vomit on strings didn’t take me out of the story.

That was like 80 years ago. Technology has improved a little since then.

Online The Letter M

Re: Marvel Studios' She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (Disney+) - Episode 1 OUT NOW!
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2022, 01:31:18 AM »
Insomnia meant I stayed up to watch the first episode! Really enjoyed it! Pretty much what I expected after all the trailers and previews. Looking forward to the next eight episodes!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2022, 06:25:07 AM »
There’s a mid credit scene. Don’t miss it.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2022, 07:18:55 AM »
There’s a mid credit scene. Don’t miss it.
Dang, thanks for the heads up.

First episode was fine. CGI was better than the trailers thankfully. Interested to see where it goes.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2022, 02:05:36 PM »
First episode was patchy I thought.  Tatiana was great and the CGI was fine, but I found the story pretty boring....and Hulk/Bruce felt off somehow.  Also that final fight was so random and over so quickly, very odd.  Enough to keep me watching but hoping for better going forwards.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2022, 03:09:49 PM »
Unsurprisingly, the show is getting review-bombed at imdb, making it the lowest rated Marvel Disney+ show so far, even lower than Ms. Marvel was (which was similarly review-bombed). I guess the basement-dwelling neck-beards don't have anything else better to do today.

-Marc.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2022, 03:14:20 PM »
Unsurprisingly, the show is getting review-bombed at imdb, making it the lowest rated Marvel Disney+ show so far, even lower than Ms. Marvel was (which was similarly review-bombed). I guess the basement-dwelling neck-beards don't have anything else better to do today.

-Marc.

Most of them won't have even watched, several.sad YouTubers telling their sheep followers to give it 1 outta 10 because it's woke (aka having a female lead).

Online Adami

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2022, 03:16:28 PM »

-Marc.

Most of them won't have even watched, several.sad YouTubers telling their sheep followers to give it 1 outta 10 because it's woke (aka having a female lead).

Real shame. I haven't seen it yet (hopefully tonight if I can stay awake) but it also detracts from people who may have legit criticism. I know one of my favorite youtuber guys didn't dig the show, and sadly had to go on a long thing about how it was the writing and nothing to do with female leads (he loved Ms. Marvel) which he shouldn't even have to do.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2022, 03:23:40 PM »

-Marc.

Real shame. I haven't seen it yet (hopefully tonight if I can stay awake) but it also detracts from people who may have legit criticism. I know one of my favorite youtuber guys didn't dig the show, and sadly had to go on a long thing about how it was the writing and nothing to do with female leads (he loved Ms. Marvel) which he shouldn't even have to do.

Yeah.  As I said I thought it was patchy, but how can you even review a whole show after only one episode anyway?!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2022, 03:26:24 PM »

-Marc.
IMDB ratings are completely irrelevant these days, loads of things get review bombed. Shame as I feel like it's the sort of thing people used to pay attention to to gauge how well liked something is, but I don't think anyone pays any attention to it anymore. Still a useful site for the information within it, of course, just not the ratings.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2022, 06:17:26 PM »
I really enjoyed the first episode. Yeah, the "feminine masculinity" agenda was a little too on the nose, with the on going saga of "make every female lead a Mary Sue", but I do really like the character and overall the first episode was very entertaining. They didn't completely bury Bruce which was a surprise. A little more struggle on her part wouldn't have hurt. Being a great lawyer doesn't mean she's great at everything. Tony Stark is a super genius, but maybe he's a terrible swimmer. I'm looking forward to the rest of the show. And the CGI was vastly improved on the final product.

Online Adami

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2022, 06:19:34 PM »
Really liked the first episode. Looking forward to the rest!

Hearing Tahani speak with an American accent will be very odd. I feel like some of these characters played by British actors don’t need to be American. She can be British. Dr. Strange can be British too.

I wonder how many people think Professor X was British before Patrick Stewart?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online faizoff

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2022, 06:34:18 PM »
Isn't Tatiana Canadian?

Either way I really enjoyed that first episode, light hearted fun is good by me.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2022, 06:40:44 PM »
Really liked the first episode. Looking forward to the rest!

Hearing Tahani speak with an American accent will be very odd. I feel like some of these characters played by British actors don’t need to be American. She can be British. Dr. Strange can be British too.

I wonder how many people think Professor X was British before Patrick Stewart?

Just clicked on a random interview and she's definitely not British.

Online Adami

« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2022, 06:49:41 PM »
Sorry. Tahani is Jameela Jamils character on the good place. She was the bad girl who showed up at the end to fight in court.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2022, 06:54:31 PM »
Sorry. Tahani is Jameela Jamils character on the good place. She was the bad girl who showed up at the end to fight in court.

Gotcha. Not the first time I confused those names.

Online faizoff

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2022, 06:54:53 PM »
Lol I misread that, yeah Jameela Tahani is British though I didn't pay attention to her accent in the brief scene.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2022, 07:58:52 PM »
That end credit scene was hilarious!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2022, 10:14:43 PM »
Really fun introductory episode, anxious to see where this goes. Love her explanation of a women and rage.. So perfect.

Oh, and fuck review bombers, probably the same type of asshole who zoom bombs 12 step zoom meetings.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2022, 05:42:22 AM »

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2022, 09:15:31 AM »
I really enjoyed that first episode.  The mid-credits scene made me literally laugh out loud.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2022, 10:08:08 AM »
I'll reserve judgment until farther along in the series, but my initial impressions of this first episode were not very favorable.  While it did some cool things, the writing overall seemed pretty shoddy and the humor was juvenile.  But I have hope that it'll get better in context.  Too difficult/unfair to form a strong opinion of a series after the initial episode.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2022, 10:12:32 AM »
I liked it.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2022, 08:23:17 PM »
Just watched it. Kind of a sister show to Deadpool. Breaking the fourth wall and potty humor. Tatiana is a rockstar, as always.

And yeah, surprise surprise, review bombing and complaints about poor writing. I wish I could write that poorly. I'd be rich.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history