Author Topic: Marvel Studios' She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (Disney+) - S1 Finale OUT NOW!  (Read 18416 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Marvel Studios' She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (Disney+) - Episode 3 OUT NOW!
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2022, 03:37:53 PM »
I did enjoy it more than Soupytwist did, but I’m starting to see his point a bit.

I’m getting to the point where the whimsy is starting to wear on me a bit and I’m wanting to see how this fits into the bigger story.

I still am 100% rooted in the belief that all of these smaller threads are going to come together and make the whole greater than the sum of its parts by the time we get to The Secret Wars

I actually think it'll all tie in together by Thunderbolts

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2022, 03:40:23 PM »
I'm sure She Hulk will play a role in future Avengers movies. I don't need every element of these episodes to play into Kang stuff or Secret Wars. This can just be her stuff and when she shows up in the movies, we have a much better idea of who she is.

Also looking forward to how she'll appear in the movies with a bigger budget for her CGI.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2022, 05:24:15 PM »
It's her arch. It should be about her origins. All that stuff will tie in later.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2022, 06:21:57 PM »
I sometimes think MCU movies/shows can be hurt with the need for it all to tie in to something bigger. It's OK to let a story just be a story. Plus that way if it doesn't pan out there's no need for the characters to continue (e.g. The Eternals) for the sake of the grand overarching story.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2022, 07:09:10 PM »
People have been complaining that they don't tie in much so I don't understand your thought process.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2022, 06:32:17 AM »
People have been complaining that they don't tie in much so I don't understand your thought process.
I'm saying it's OK they don't tie in much.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2022, 07:45:09 AM »
Ah. Misread that. Yeah. I think it should be that way early on.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2022, 10:18:53 AM »
Watched up to ep 3 now. I think it's a good, likable show so far. Some of the references didn't always land for me, but hey. Looking forward to more.

The effects are pretty good, too.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2022, 06:17:27 AM »
The effects are pretty good, too.
I thought She-Hulk herself wasn't as good in Episode 3 as she was in the previous episodes. But overall I've been impressed.

Offline The Letter M

Re: Marvel Studios' She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (Disney+) - Episode 4 OUT NOW!
« Reply #149 on: September 08, 2022, 01:50:43 AM »
Episode 4 might be my favorite so far, and the VFX for She-Hulk have gotten better, at least IMO.

Really enjoyed the action set piece we got, and all the 4th wall breaks in this episode were fantastic.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #150 on: September 08, 2022, 07:48:55 PM »
That episode was frikkin hilarious

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #151 on: September 09, 2022, 03:46:59 AM »
Another fine episode. I'm thinking this show may not get beyond fine for me.

Offline Adami

« Reply #152 on: September 09, 2022, 08:20:55 AM »
Fun episode. Really dug Madisynn despite hating that type of person.

That said, I think they need to stick to the episodic format and maybe ditch some of these lingering plot lines that don't seem to be going anywhere yet. Titania is just lingering and the wrecking crew is a subplot we probably won't need. They seem to be doing best at what the show was supposed to be, a funny sitcom about a super hero lawyer, so I hope they continue to allow that room to breathe.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Aefenwelg

« Reply #153 on: September 09, 2022, 11:28:38 AM »
I'm just really glad I finally decided to watch through The Sopranos in the last year.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #154 on: September 09, 2022, 01:59:13 PM »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #155 on: September 09, 2022, 05:01:17 PM »
 :lol

Wonger!!!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 07:05:21 PM by Vmadera00 »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #156 on: September 09, 2022, 06:51:25 PM »

I'm sad that I laughed at and enjoyed that post more than anything in this show so far.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2022, 04:13:58 AM »
Episode 4 was better, at least it had a plot - with a beginning and end.  Although Wong going to a lawyer is just completely crap.  I know comedy is subjective and all so it's about taste, but God the jokes in this show are so broad Sandler would probably reject them,  mostly consists of one note dumb characters acting so far removed from what a real human beings is, it just makes it painful to watch.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 08:29:28 AM by soupytwist »

Offline Adami

« Reply #158 on: September 12, 2022, 09:13:01 AM »
Episode 4 was better, at least it had a plot - with a beginning and end.  Although Wong going to a lawyer is just completely crap.  I know comedy is subjective and all so it's about taste, but God the jokes in this show are so broad Sandler would probably reject them,  mostly consists of one note dumb characters acting so far removed from what a real human beings is, it just makes it painful to watch.

Hey man, I gave up on Picard. I believe in your ability to not watch what is painful to watch.

I'm digging the show a lot but it's far from perfect or even great.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #159 on: September 12, 2022, 09:19:03 AM »

Hey man, I gave up on Picard. I believe in your ability to not watch what is painful to watch.

Yeah I know.  But I'm in the MCU till the end - and this is really the first thing they've put out I've disliked.  Sorry but you'll have to put up with me being a miserable son of bitch on here, unless it grows on me - trust me I want to like it, I'm not hating for hates sake here!

And we both know you'll go back to Picard in the end  ;) ;D

Offline Adami

« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2022, 09:35:52 AM »
It’s all true!

I feel the same, or worried at least, about Werewolf by night. Not at all looking forward to it but I’m in till the end. So I’ll watch it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline faizoff

Re: Marvel Studios' She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (Disney+) - Episode 5 OUT NOW!
« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2022, 09:55:53 AM »
So no mid-credit scene in episode 5? This episode felt oddly short for me, felt like it could've gone on for a while longer.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2022, 10:31:55 AM »
So no mid-credit scene in episode 5? This episode felt oddly short for me, felt like it could've gone on for a while longer.

Yeah it felt quick, but I dont think it could've gone any longer anyway. This felt like an interlude episode, and there is some obvious set-up for things to come. Not bad, but not the best one so far as we reach the halfway point of the series.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2022, 09:15:33 AM »
BRB, have to order some Avongers merch
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2022, 09:23:20 AM »
I have to admit that part of the issue I have with this show is that I hate shows that portray being in a courtroom in a way that is NOTHING whatsoever like actually being in a courtroom.  Artistic license is one thing, but completely mispresenting the judicial process is another altogether.  Anyway...

Aside from that, bad writing and overall dumbness still plague this show and keep it from being good, IMO. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2022, 09:41:39 AM »
I have to admit that part of the issue I have with this show is that I hate shows that portray being in a courtroom in a way that is NOTHING whatsoever like actually being in a courtroom.  Artistic license is one thing, but completely mispresenting the judicial process is another altogether.  Anyway...

Aside from that, bad writing and overall dumbness still plague this show and keep it from being good, IMO.

I feel the same about showing therapy. I had to stop myself from giving up on Mad About You anytime there was a therapy scene.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2022, 09:43:42 AM »

I'm not even a lawyer and the legal scenes drive me crazy. I only have one courtroom experience as a juror and it was far more boring than TV shows it to be.

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2022, 10:55:21 AM »
Well after last week's mild improvement in the fact that that episode at least had a plot, back to utter shite this week.  Completely agree the court scenes are so removed from any sort of reality it's painful.  And yet more silly one-note caricatures (the fashion designer...) Instead of anything resembling a real person.

Offline Adami

« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2022, 10:57:25 AM »
It's weird. I read all of your guy's complaints and criticisms and.....I can't argue with much of it. I totally see where most of it is coming from and don't disagree. And yet...I'm still really enjoying the show.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2022, 01:43:50 PM »
It's weird. I read all of your guy's complaints and criticisms and.....I can't argue with much of it. I totally see where most of it is coming from and don't disagree. And yet...I'm still really enjoying the show.

It's funny - people who enjoy it can see why some folks don't, but the folks who don't enjoy cannot seem to see why folks could like it (at least from the discourse I've seen online). It's like haters are only fueled by their need to hate on something without realizing folks can actually like a thing, especially when comedy, which is VERY subjective, is involved.

-Marc.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2022, 01:49:40 PM »
Well after last week's mild improvement in the fact that that episode at least had a plot, back to utter shite this week.  Completely agree the court scenes are so removed from any sort of reality it's painful.  And yet more silly one-note caricatures (the fashion designer...) Instead of anything resembling a real person.

Agree.

I thought this was a good show from the first couple of eps but now I am hating it. If some are enjoying it fine with me, but man, the comedy is stupid, the scenes in the courtroom are stupid, it is discouraging that the MCU started with Iron Man beating the shit out of the bad guys and not we have She Hulk twearking. It's is just too much.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2022, 01:55:31 PM »

Television has been missing the mark by miles on 12 step meetings for ages...as well as kitchen work, though the new series The Bear got about as close as one can to capturing the anxiety involved in kitchen work. That shit made me miss sleep from triggering my ptsd  :lol

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2022, 02:40:47 PM »

Agree.

I thought this was a good show from the first couple of eps but now I am hating it. If some are enjoying it fine with me, but man, the comedy is stupid, the scenes in the courtroom are stupid, it is discouraging that the MCU started with Iron Man beating the shit out of the bad guys and not we have She Hulk twearking. It's is just too much.
Why is She-Hulk twerking in a post-credits scene any worse than the Avengers sitting around in their full getup eating schwarma in a post-credits scene? Or Star-Lord doing a goofy dance to save the day in the actual climax of the first Guardians film?

I'm fine with people disliking the show but some of the whining is just silly.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Adami

« Reply #173 on: September 16, 2022, 03:22:51 PM »

Television has been missing the mark by miles on 12 step meetings for ages...as well as kitchen work, though the new series The Bear got about as close as one can to capturing the anxiety involved in kitchen work. That shit made me miss sleep from triggering my ptsd  :lol

I dunno man. I’ve seen Hells Kitchen. That’s how a kitchen operates, right?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2022, 04:04:00 PM »

Agree.

Why is She-Hulk twerking in a post-credits scene any worse than the Avengers sitting around in their full getup eating schwarma in a post-credits scene? Or Star-Lord doing a goofy dance to save the day in the actual climax of the first Guardians film?

I'm fine with people disliking the show but some of the whining is just silly.

The dance is fine as it's perfectly in character for the way they've shown and built the Starlord over the course of the film, and it's a pretty good payoff for him.  It's a hero moment born from desperation, bravery and a healthy dose of blind luck - which pretty much sums him up.