Author Topic: Marvel Studios' She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (Disney+) - S1 Finale OUT NOW!  (Read 18351 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Marvel Studios' She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (Disney+) - Episode 2 OUT NOW!
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2022, 06:09:35 AM »
Interesting episode with some interesting dialogues. Liked it.

Enjoying the show but is it just a bit too much - setting the stage? Both episodes so far felt very short and both felt like they just started getting going when they ended, this was particularly apparent with episode 2. Some nice moments but just not enough going on so far, hope it delivers on what it appears to be setting up.

If I'm not mistaken, all episodes are short (30 mins or so), but we are getting 10 (Or is it 9?). We might have another episode setting up the stage.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2022, 07:08:32 AM »
The length of the episode was silly.  If the story of the episode only needs 22 minute fair enough, but nothing really happened in this episode, certainly nothing note worthy to grab the viewer - for a second episode that was just poor planning.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2022, 07:29:02 AM »
The length of the episode was silly.  If the story of the episode only needs 22 minute fair enough, but nothing really happened in this episode, certainly nothing note worthy to grab the viewer - for a second episode that was just poor planning.

Spoilers ahead!

We'll see where the story goes with The Abomination, but one line he said pretty much set up an entire movie from Phase 5. The Hulk jetting off to space was also interesting since it's clearly setting up something else. The last few seconds of the show told us when this story is taking place in the MCU timeline. Yes, I know those things are outside of the show itself but just saying that it had some important moments for the overall MCU.

For the show itself, I think it was meant to set up her new job, her embracing the She-Hulk label and her new identity as a super powered individual. I personally thought it did a good job at that.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2022, 07:30:37 AM »
Yea. I think plenty happened in this episode. Not sure what people are expecting. It’s a much lighter show.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2022, 10:47:03 AM »
Adami and I both agree on two things:  (1) this episode was fine; and (2) Runaways is trash.  So if there are two things in life I can be confident about, it's those. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2022, 10:54:31 AM »
Adami and I both agree on two things:  (1) this episode was fine; and (2) Runaways is trash.  So if there are two things in life I can be confident about, it's those.

God dammit I had just gotten over The Runaways!

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2022, 11:07:33 AM »
Sorry, I'm just recently getting around to it, since it only recently showed up on D+.  Midway through season 2, and I am hating it.  I have  shut it off "for good" several times, only to come back to it when I am bored and want something in the background.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2022, 11:56:17 AM »
I tapped out halfway through S1. Managed to tolerate a few more episodes of that than I did the Inhumans.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2022, 12:05:43 PM »
I think I’ve stated this before, but after all the horrible reviews of the Inhumans, I decided to watch it expecting to see something along the lines of Plan 9 from Outer Space. With my expectations being that low, I actually found it enjoyable.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2022, 12:22:04 PM »
Same.  It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either.  I would put Inhumans on par with most of the Phase 4 films.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2022, 01:30:40 PM »
Maybe I need to revisit it with fresh eyes.

On a second go I even found S1 of Iron Fist palatable. Barely.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2022, 02:44:38 PM »
Did y'all catch this?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2022, 04:31:07 PM »
Yes

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2022, 10:15:18 PM »
Did y'all catch this?

Wtf where was that in the episode?

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2022, 12:44:28 AM »
I liked episode 2.

We'll see how it goes from here.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2022, 07:06:09 AM »

Wtf where was that in the episode?
On her computer screen when she was looking for jobs.

Online Adami

« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2022, 07:07:20 AM »
I did not catch it during the episode at all. Glad someone did!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2022, 01:35:46 AM »

Spoilers ahead!

We'll see where the story goes with The Abomination, but one line he said pretty much set up an entire movie from Phase 5. The Hulk jetting off to space was also interesting since it's clearly setting up something else. The last few seconds of the show told us when this story is taking place in the MCU timeline. Yes, I know those things are outside of the show itself but just saying that it had some important moments for the overall MCU.

For the show itself, I think it was meant to set up her new job, her embracing the She-Hulk label and her new identity as a super powered individual. I personally thought it did a good job at that.

Problem isn't so much nothing happen, it's there is no character journey for it.  The end of episode one ended with her having to show the world she is She-Hulk, them she loses her job, gets a new job, the new job comes with a condition, then her first case is defending Abomination.  All this in 20 minutes - it's not told as a story with any impact on Jens character or emotions - it's just bullet point writing at its worst, like something a kid would write...then this happens, then this happens etc, etc.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2022, 02:36:44 AM »

Spoilers ahead!

Problem isn't so much nothing happen, it's there is no character journey for it.  The end of episode one ended with her having to show the world she is She-Hulk, them she loses her job, gets a new job, the new job comes with a condition, then her first case is defending Abomination.  All this in 20 minutes - it's not told as a story with any impact on Jens character or emotions - it's just bullet point writing at its worst, like something a kid would write...then this happens, then this happens etc, etc.
I disagree entirely. I guess either you have particular types of storytelling that you do and don't like which this doesn't fit, or you're just going in looking for things to dislike. Either way, the episode clearly dealt with Jen's discomfort with her situation. Just because an episode is short doesn't mean it doesn't have meaningful story or character development, there are a bunch of sitcoms with 20 minute episodes like that (Brooklyn Nine-Nine being one that stands out).

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2022, 04:12:42 AM »

Spoilers ahead!

I disagree entirely. I guess either you have particular types of storytelling that you do and don't like which this doesn't fit, or you're just going in looking for things to dislike. Either way, the episode clearly dealt with Jen's discomfort with her situation. Just because an episode is short doesn't mean it doesn't have meaningful story or character development, there are a bunch of sitcoms with 20 minute episodes like that (Brooklyn Nine-Nine being one that stands out).

I've been the guy defending phase 4 in the main MCU thread!

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2022, 09:39:46 AM »
I liked the episode a lot.

Hulk in the spaceship might be the MCU Introduction of Skaar, Hulk's Son? And maybe, only MAYBE in the near future we will see an MCU adaptation of the World War Hulk.

Offline The Letter M

Re: Marvel Studios' She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (Disney+) - Episode 3 OUT NOW!
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2022, 07:55:33 AM »
Just watched episode 3. It was another fun one! Definitely great to see more Blonsky, and it looks like this was another episode with bits from a lot of trailers and clips, though unless a character returns later, it looks like there's been some lines/scenes that were cut.

Either way, I really like the vibe we're getting from this show, and all the cameos and Easter eggs are fun to catch. The scene before the credits has me quite curious as to what they're up to though, and who they're working for.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2022, 01:52:00 PM »
The scene before the credits has me quite curious as to what they're up to though, and who they're working for.
Indeed. Seems like it's setting up a main antagonist story arc.

Also the mid-credits scene was hilarious.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2022, 04:41:17 PM »
Fun episode. There's a very tiny part that's craving a little drama, but most of me is digging the lighthearted feel. The douche bag lawyer is fucking priceless.  :lol
Also the mid-credits scene was hilarious.

Totally

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2022, 03:26:53 AM »
Two thoughts:

Wong deserves to be more than just a cameo character.

Who the eff is Megan Thee Stallion?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2022, 07:05:13 AM »
Two thoughts:

Wong deserves to be more than just a cameo character.

Who the eff is Megan Thee Stallion?

Flavor of the week pop star. Won some Grammys. Will probably be forgotten in a couple years.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2022, 12:44:17 PM »
Just awful, probably the worst thing Marvel have ever done - including Hasslehoff's Nic Fury.

I guess this was the episode they decided to go comedy, yet they missed by a mile - the elf, the pen pals, Megan all just completely embarrassing.  Tatiana is so much better than this shite.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2022, 01:47:43 PM »
I guess this was the episode they decided to go comedy
Not sure I understand this. The whole show has been a sitcom from the start.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2022, 01:57:27 PM »
Yeah, the comedy has been there all along. It missed more than it hit for me on this episode though. But it was still enjoyable.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2022, 02:03:35 PM »
Just awful, probably the worst thing Marvel have ever done - including Hasslehoff's Nic Fury.

I guess this was the episode they decided to go comedy, yet they missed by a mile - the elf, the pen pals, Megan all just completely embarrassing.  Tatiana is so much better than this shite.

Nah, that's an exaggeration.  It's not that bad.

That said, it definitely isn't wowing me either so far.  Definitely my least favorite of the live action MCU D+ shows so far.  I get that they are going for something more lighthearted, and in a specific genre that is different than the typical MCU.  But it just isn't done particularly well, IMO.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2022, 02:21:17 PM »

The first two episode although badly written still felt close enough to the MCU (all be it the more light-hearted side).  This latest episode felt completely removed from the MCU as it was basically a comedy, complete with wacky characters and situations that only exist in broad comedies.
The show can get better, but I'm struggling to get how they can include Charlie Cox Daredevil in this show.  It's not just the tone being completely different - DD had some amazing action sequence, She- Hulks Choreography is as sloppy as it's writing, based on that fight at the end of this episode.

Online Adami

« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2022, 06:52:55 PM »
Enjoyed the episode.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2022, 10:12:20 PM »
I did enjoy it more than Soupytwist did, but I’m starting to see his point a bit.

I’m getting to the point where the whimsy is starting to wear on me a bit and I’m wanting to see how this fits into the bigger story.

I still am 100% rooted in the belief that all of these smaller threads are going to come together and make the whole greater than the sum of its parts by the time we get to The Secret Wars
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Skeever

« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2022, 02:14:34 PM »
Really enjoying this so far