General > Movies and TV

SNL

<< < (2/6) > >>

Stadler:
The other thing is, the seasons seem to ping pong between each week having a series of recurring sketches versus each week being completely unique stand alone sketches.  We're in a "unique phase" right now; I'm struggling to recall any sort of recurring sketch this past season or two. 

I used to LOVE the one where the three people would be abducted by aliens, and Kate McKinnon's experience would be radically different than the other two.  I loved those.

Phoenix87x:
My era was like 90 to 95, so basically

Dana Carvey
Chris Farley.
Phil Hartman.
Mike Myers
Kevin Nealon.
Chris Rock.
Rob Schneider.

Many fond memories of watching it

T-ski:
The current cast is very hit and miss, and I agree about the political humor being rather poor, although the new guy doing Trump, James Austin Johnson, is really funny.

I was all in during my high school years so the late 80’s early 90’’s cast is legendary to me. I also think the Will Ferrell era  was pretty solid as well.

Harmony:

--- Quote from: T-ski on May 05, 2022, 02:53:25 PM ---The current cast is very hit and miss, and I agree about the political humor being rather poor, although the new guy doing Trump, James Austin Johnson, is really funny.

I was all in during my high school years so the late 80’s early 90’’s cast is legendary to me. I also think the Will Ferrell era  was pretty solid as well.

--- End quote ---

James Austin Johnson was the latest episode of Fly On the Wall and though I'm not familiar with his SNL Trump performances I must say his vocal intonations are uncanny.  I was just listening to this episode today and I was floored.

I guess I should give the current line up a better chance.  I tried watching a few and other than Weekend Update, I really wasn't laughing much.  I'm also at the point where 9 times out of 10 I have no idea who the musical guest is.  I do love Billie Eilish so will watch for that one particularly.

And other than the original not ready for prime time players, the era Phoenix87x mentions is also my favorite.  Jan Hooks about killed me with laughter.  And I miss Phil Hartman so much! 

pg1067:

--- Quote from: Phoenix87x on May 05, 2022, 02:06:50 PM ---My era was like 90 to 95, so basically

Dana Carvey
Chris Farley.
Phil Hartman.
Mike Myers
Kevin Nealon.
Chris Rock.
Rob Schneider.

Many fond memories of watching it

--- End quote ---

That's my favorite era also.  Phil Hartman was a freakin' genius.  Throw in Dennis Miller, Jan Hooks (I had a thing for her) and Nora Dunn (along with early Adam Sandler).  It was 75-80% hit in those years.  That was also a time in my life where I was willing to stay up and watch something from 11:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version