General > Movies and TV

SNL

<< < (6/6)

PetFish:
I hate Kate McKinnon.

Not cuz she sucks or she's a bad person but cuz she's in every_damn_skit and I'm sick of seeing her.  It's too damn much.

Harmony:

--- Quote from: PetFish on May 11, 2022, 10:04:13 AM ---I hate Kate McKinnon.

Not cuz she sucks or she's a bad person but cuz she's in every_damn_skit and I'm sick of seeing her.  It's too damn much.

--- End quote ---

Interesting flex.  *pulls out cane and puts in hearing aid and drapes a crocheted blanket over my lap* Back in the 80s, I thought if I heard Phil Collins on the radio singing Sussudio one more time I was going to gouge out my eardrums.  I mean that guy was on the radio EVERY 10 minutes it was too damn much!  But then I stopped and thought about how that was the choice of radio station based on what the public wanted (supposedly) and it wasn't Phil's fault at all.  So hating on Phil would've just been silly.  *shrug*

Stadler:
But like Phil, as great as he is (he's on my Mt. Rushmore of drummers) when you oversaturate the market you run the risk of having lesser material on the street.  Taste is taste, but I imagine there's an argument as to why "Sussudio" the song is not, now, at the level of his more enduring hits.

I just watched the Ariana DeBose episode, and she was in a number of skits, including the host segment - singing show tunes, not really performing comedy - and it briefly flashed through my mind that there was clearly some collaboration between Kate and Adriane, and it then follows that it is a debatable point that perhaps some of those skits didn't get on because of their quality, but because of the context.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version