Author Topic: Random bits and what nots  (Read 11339 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Random bits and what nots
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2022, 08:48:19 AM »
Huh, don't know it.

From 1986. It was Keanu Reeves' 2nd movie. I knew right off that he was going to be a huge star.
It's great film if you ever get a chance to see it.

It's no Point Break.

A Patrick Swayze film, too!  I may add that I liked Road House better.  Mostly because of the car.  I had a 65 Riviera myself.  Though between the movies listed for being in the 80s,  To Live and Die in LA, is my favorite for a bit of action and good acting. It has one of the best car chases done, without any CGI.

I dig that movie; "Don't eat the big white mint."

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2022, 11:23:03 AM »
Huh, don't know it.

From 1986. It was Keanu Reeves' 2nd movie. I knew right off that he was going to be a huge star.
It's great film if you ever get a chance to see it.

It's no Point Break.

A Patrick Swayze film, too!  I may add that I liked Road House better.  Mostly because of the car.  I had a 65 Riviera myself.  Though between the movies listed for being in the 80s,  To Live and Die in LA, is my favorite for a bit of action and good acting. It has one of the best car chases done, without any CGI.

I dig that movie; "Don't eat the big white mint."

Eeeeeeeeeeew!  The only line I can safely recall is, Do they work? Used car salesman replies, sure do... Headlights open and light up. 

A bit of odd trivia... The 65 Riviera is the only GM car to have both left and right head light clam shells open simultaneously, though linkage and a power window motor drive.  Oddly enough the rest of the cars were either vacuum operated or individual motors, which both never opened at the same time. Previous years, had a single glass cover for directional and drivng lights. Another bit is the 401. Buick decided to build two 4 bolt main 401 blocks in 65. For testing a turbo version. Back then their performance 401 produced 445 ft pounds of torque.  Its not horse power that was what they wanted.  Torque was for 6,000+ lbs worth of car when loaded. A turbo would have bumped it to 650 or so;  which ended up breaking th400 transmissions at the input shafts. GM never got that far with their 454, even though they released it with a Th400 in many cars and trucks.  The 65 Skylark GS had the dual quad performance 401cui, and the 65 Riviera GS had the dual Quad 425 cui. Though in 64 before the GS badging was introduced, the performance 425 could have the dual quad as option, without any designation on the car. A bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing.  The Riviera in the movie was the standard 401 non GS. But had plenty of power on its own to fly down the hill with authority for its demise.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2022, 04:13:13 PM »
Nope, a glutton for punishment. Ha!  Actually some of the sites I randomly drop in at times have the not so usual troubles. Some of which are more difficult when translation back and fourth is unfriendly.  Been more of a reader, of the sites for the last 7 years.  One of which as programmer hackers. Not the sort of hackers you hear about with cyber security.  The hackers are computer hardware, in making patches or incomatible hardware functional.  I did my own hack on making a Panasonic BluRay writer for HP become a Sony through hacking the firmware loader. Once completed, it had been fully updated with full features, that were never released with stock Panasonic firmware.  After a few years the site went poof, and my hack was lost forever.  I still have some of it in my head, so the act of doing another can be done, just no reason to, since such hardware is no longer a hot item for rippers. There are a few other cool threads lost because of sites poofing. One was about my Dell 9402 Laptop.  Its one of the few with dual M.2 slots in a 14" foot print. I got it just before Corona released for 2021. The thread was about modding it with upgrades, and benchmarks.  Dell soon changed it to the Insprion 14, which is still being sold, but is inferior. One of my rants was about expecting Corona to cheapen hardware while making it more expensive. Well, I need not fear my theory being wrong.  Funny thing is all the sites that have reviews on the 9402 are after I had completed my own thread. Yet none come close. Goes to show reviews are a box of chocolates with mostly creme filled fluff.  Luckily my only surviving thread is alive and kicking. Actually gained over 10,000 views since Corona, and I had not bothered to make any updates. Which frightens me,  because I am not one to be a center of  much of anything.  I blame google search, as the topic is old car modifications, with a car hardly anyone knows about, now these days. Not that is is a rare and expensive car to own, it is just the opposite, like get your own and customize, why make my toy a personal drooling machine. Its not that special. Ha!  Believe me its not even close to being assembled, and looks pulled from a wrecker.  Gosh my round about has gone wonky again. Going to stop, as my brain will keep going elsewhere, where it stops, nobody knows. Ha!

Dude, paragraphs!

So, this online tech hack stuff, this is your line of work?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2022, 04:28:48 PM »
Nope, a glutton for punishment. Ha!  Actually some of the sites I randomly drop in at times have the not so usual troubles. Some of which are more difficult when translation back and fourth is unfriendly.  Been more of a reader, of the sites for the last 7 years.  One of which as programmer hackers. Not the sort of hackers you hear about with cyber security.  The hackers are computer hardware, in making patches or incomatible hardware functional.  I did my own hack on making a Panasonic BluRay writer for HP become a Sony through hacking the firmware loader. Once completed, it had been fully updated with full features, that were never released with stock Panasonic firmware.  After a few years the site went poof, and my hack was lost forever.  I still have some of it in my head, so the act of doing another can be done, just no reason to, since such hardware is no longer a hot item for rippers. There are a few other cool threads lost because of sites poofing. One was about my Dell 9402 Laptop.  Its one of the few with dual M.2 slots in a 14" foot print. I got it just before Corona released for 2021. The thread was about modding it with upgrades, and benchmarks.  Dell soon changed it to the Insprion 14, which is still being sold, but is inferior. One of my rants was about expecting Corona to cheapen hardware while making it more expensive. Well, I need not fear my theory being wrong.  Funny thing is all the sites that have reviews on the 9402 are after I had completed my own thread. Yet none come close. Goes to show reviews are a box of chocolates with mostly creme filled fluff.  Luckily my only surviving thread is alive and kicking. Actually gained over 10,000 views since Corona, and I had not bothered to make any updates. Which frightens me,  because I am not one to be a center of  much of anything.  I blame google search, as the topic is old car modifications, with a car hardly anyone knows about, now these days. Not that is is a rare and expensive car to own, it is just the opposite, like get your own and customize, why make my toy a personal drooling machine. Its not that special. Ha!  Believe me its not even close to being assembled, and looks pulled from a wrecker.  Gosh my round about has gone wonky again. Going to stop, as my brain will keep going elsewhere, where it stops, nobody knows. Ha!

Dude, paragraphs!

:lol :lol :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2022, 08:07:02 PM »

Dude, paragraphs!

So, this online tech hack stuff, this is your line of work?

Ha!  I was caught for time, and that's what it is like in my head. Everything is one.  Well never has been my line of work.  Just I can't own tech, without doing major damage. Ha!  Android made me become a hack of sorts with os mods, without messing with apps.  Android is android, as long as the version you pull from is the same and from same manufacturer, if using framework.

Example, my LG phone was a cheapy stripped version of a late version K30.  So I grabbed all the factory apps that my phone did not have, and made it into a k30.  On the other hand... the Samsung tablet I have is also a cheapy.  But some of the phones have more options. I was able to root, so I pieces parts from 3 phones to make a custom tablet that can boot into phone mode UI, for enhanced features. None the less i made some custom property files for the system. Which some of which can be done in ADB, without any edits.

Now where was I... oh... the hack wont work on Android TV, as the UI is forced into tv resolutions.  The way around the Amdroid TV box is to flash stock firmware from another tv box that is not google tv certified and use the stock firmware to allow resolution override.  You end up loosing certification keys and hardware interfaces like LAN, and Blutooth.  But tou do have more options and phone apps.  Because it is no longer certified, it comes rooted, so further customizations can be done.

I would make a fake google tv box with cheap android boxes, by changing some parameters in a few xml files, to allow google tv ui and system apps, but uninforced.  It will have framework of a phone but tv ui and all.  The great part is most all phone apps work in it, but you need to side load, because play store has to be for tv apps only.  Think of it as a google tv shell over phone.  The drawback is some tv apps fail to operate. Like Peacock.  But most all do operate. Just a bit kludgy to deal with on updating apps.

Gosh i think I got most of what zi wanted to share about assisting the foreigner with tv box, while answering question.  I am IT computer systems and hardware, for short.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2022, 04:18:53 PM »
I had a few things troubling me.  When troubled I am less prone to say much , as I am solitary with being an introvert. Though my mind keeps rolling along, picking away at things, while keeping my self in good spirits.

Had to pop out for a bit... too many questions, to distract my thoughts, Being side tracked is easy, at least for me.  Easily to create sentences run together with commas galore. Ha!

Well I thought of mother's day coming... and low and behold, our goverment wants to change how it is worded and used. If you really want to see me go in a tizzy, this is one thing that can blow a fuse.  Not that I rant and want to strangle the non birthing person who wants to ruin it for my mom and I.  I am as harmless as any school kid, as long as you don't give them scissors, or sharp pointy things like push pins. Ha!

So as you have probably figured it out... Mother's Day is already ruined for me... at least in mind.

How to properly address Mother's Day? Especially when we have properly worded days, and events labeled on the calender.  Like Cinco de Mayo, five days of Mayonnaise, that's where I come from... yet I don't care for the taste of it.  Again I miss out on another special day or 5 days.  Pinata whacking with a baseball bat would be fun, and probably release some tension about  Mother's Day.

Because I am not Jewish, I miss out on Hanukkah, which is 12 days, too!  Kwanzaa is a definite no, and because I am not Catholic, I miss out on Lent.  I must stop at all the special days, I have been secluded from, mostly by race.  Something is odd about that, when we have so many wanting to correct racism.  I shall move along, before I end up in an infinite loop, to never end.

Mother's Day... had to go back and read, to find where I left off.  Now I see another issue...  Mustard!  Always have some in my fridge. It goes with everything... except milk, ice cream, PB and jelly, cereal, fried rice, chocolate, cakes, cookies, tamales, tacos, enchiladas,  beans, toast, fruits, waffles, pancakes,  pesto, clam chowder, lobster, gumbo, pasta and melon... the list has been shortened some, as I had not realized until thought about,  mustard doesn't go well with everything. But most likely will surprise you, once given a try.

I have yet to tell mom that our store has pulled Mother's day cards, and replaced them with all inclusive pronoun cards. Being at her age, I feel it may make her think I bought it last minute.  Ever had a last minute shop, and find what you wanted is not stocked or in not so good condition?  Forcing you to go on a hunt, more than on a shop.  You eventually just buy some thing that sort of fits what you wanted, but a bit off.  Like looking for a few yams, and all they have is sweet potatoes. Like what the!  Did you know there is a difference?  Just like mothers and birthing persons, even though they look the same they arn't! 

Back to Mother's Day... be patient, it will come back again, if I'm quick enough to spot it, as my mind goes where it goes.  Pronoun cards! Haven't you seen them, now that they are proliferate.  Like god given name is blasphemy!  I can see it now... Some editor is saying crap, not the freaking Bible!  Replacing every man, woman, child and sinner with proper pronouns for all inclusive proper pronouns, is not what I am paid for!  Might as well rewrite the thing completely.  Like some creature that lived in a tree offered a non vegetable item, to an Alpha person, named Terri.  Terri's friend, a Beta person, named Maurice... took a bite.  As Maurice swallowed, a non binary being came to them and...  you get the picture, don't you?

Well oh, the card!  Ok, I got her a blank card for $7.00, it was of recycled paper, and no animals were used in testing.  I could have bought a ream of paper for that, and just scribbled funny stick figures and wished a happy Mother's Day.  But, you know... it has to be store bought, as a sign of caring.  Right?

So there you go, I'm completely not happy about Mother's day, knowing mom will not be as happy with a blank card.  I figured if she did not like it I can return it for a refund. Ha!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2022, 04:28:48 PM »
I had a few things troubling me.  When troubled I am less prone to say much , as I am solitary with being an introvert. Though my mind keeps rolling along, picking away at things, while keeping my self in good spirits.

Had to pop out for a bit... too many questions, to distract my thoughts, Being side tracked is easy, at least for me.  Easily to create sentences run together with commas galore. Ha!

Well I thought of mother's day coming... and low and behold, our goverment wants to change how it is worded and used. If you really want to see me go in a tizzy, this is one thing that can blow a fuse.  Not that I rant and want to strangle the non birthing person who wants to ruin it for my mom and I.  I am as harmless as any school kid, as long as you don't give them scissors, or sharp pointy things like push pins. Ha!

So as you have probably figured it out... Mother's Day is already ruined for me... at least in mind.

How to properly address Mother's Day? Especially when we have properly worded days, and events labeled on the calender.  Like Cinco de Mayo, five days of Mayonnaise, that's where I come from... yet I don't care for the taste of it.  Again I miss out on another special day or 5 days.  Pinata whacking with a baseball bat would be fun, and probably release some tension about  Mother's Day.

Because I am not Jewish, I miss out on Hanukkah, which is 12 days, too!  Kwanzaa is a definite no, and because I am not Catholic, I miss out on Lent.  I must stop at all the special days, I have been secluded from, mostly by race.  Something is odd about that, when we have so many wanting to correct racism.  I shall move along, before I end up in an infinite loop, to never end.

Mother's Day... had to go back and read, to find where I left off.  Now I see another issue...  Mustard!  Always have some in my fridge. It goes with everything... except milk, ice cream, PB and jelly, cereal, fried rice, chocolate, cakes, cookies, tamales, tacos, enchiladas,  beans, toast, fruits, waffles, pancakes,  pesto, clam chowder, lobster, gumbo, pasta and melon... the list has been shortened some, as I had not realized until thought about,  mustard doesn't go well with everything. But most likely will surprise you, once given a try.

I have yet to tell mom that our store has pulled Mother's day cards, and replaced them with all inclusive pronoun cards. Being at her age, I feel it may make her think I bought it last minute.  Ever had a last minute shop, and find what you wanted is not stocked or in not so good condition?  Forcing you to go on a hunt, more than on a shop.  You eventually just buy some thing that sort of fits what you wanted, but a bit off.  Like looking for a few yams, and all they have is sweet potatoes. Like what the!  Did you know there is a difference?  Just like mothers and birthing persons, even though they look the same they arn't! 

Back to Mother's Day... be patient, it will come back again, if I'm quick enough to spot it, as my mind goes where it goes.  Pronoun cards! Haven't you seen them, now that they are proliferate.  Like god given name is blasphemy!  I can see it now... Some editor is saying crap, not the freaking Bible!  Replacing every man, woman, child and sinner with proper pronouns for all inclusive proper pronouns, is not what I am paid for!  Might as well rewrite the thing completely.  Like some creature that lived in a tree offered a non vegetable item, to an Alpha person, named Terri.  Terri's friend, a Beta person, named Maurice... took a bite.  As Maurice swallowed, a non binary being came to them and...  you get the picture, don't you?

Well oh, the card!  Ok, I got her a blank card for $7.00, it was of recycled paper, and no animals were used in testing.  I could have bought a ream of paper for that, and just scribbled funny stick figures and wished a happy Mother's Day.  But, you know... it has to be store bought, as a sign of caring.  Right?

So there you go, I'm completely not happy about Mother's day, knowing mom will not be as happy with a blank card.  I figured if she did not like it I can return it for a refund. Ha!

You father's name isn't Indiscipline by any chance, is it?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2022, 04:47:03 PM »
Now I see another issue...  Mustard!  Always have some in my fridge. It goes with everything... except milk, ice cream, PB and jelly, cereal, fried rice, chocolate, cakes, cookies, tamales, tacos, enchiladas,  beans, toast, fruits, waffles, pancakes,  pesto, clam chowder, lobster, gumbo, pasta and melon... the list has been shortened some, as I had not realized until thought about,  mustard doesn't go well with everything. But most likely will surprise you, once given a try.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2022, 04:49:00 PM »
I am actually genuinely interested.  My family doesn't do cards and shit.  We'll all cynical and miserable and hate each other enough to know that's just a formality that means nothing.  So I haven't gotten a card for Mum, but are we saying that stores have taken the words 'Happy Mothers Day' of cards because of gender equality?  That's fucking insane.

EDIT:  Comic, thanks for taking the paragraph post on board, that was much easier to read through and process.

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2022, 04:52:44 PM »
Love the rant

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2022, 05:03:09 PM »
Love the rant

Was indeed a great read.  Went well with the morning coffee.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2022, 06:07:42 PM »
A reply to all, as I am lazy. Ha!

It's easier to catch everything and reply, than to reply to each reply over and over again.
Anyway... I am a bit yank and UK rolled into one, so you may see some things I say at times done differently, than you would see as fluid yank English and proper English.

If anyone thinks they may know my father, don't try, you'll guess wrong.  If I chose one for myself. It would be Billy Connelly.  Though I take great strides not to copy much from anyone.  Maybe a wee few lines here and there, as they are unique and worth repeating.

Thanks to all with the complements.  The reason why my writing is hard to follow, is I write as it comes.  I find many sites not so friendly on posting, with a 7" tablet. I am thumb dyslexic. Ha!  I have some control with writing in my note pad, but it is limited on word count. So if I make another page, poof my thoughts go yonder.  Ha!

I admit i have to slow down, or else... previously, I tried to reply as things flowed, and had thoughts pop in that I thought I would share. But all for not, things got jumbled.  I did try to warn you all, just don't like repeating, unless I am away long enough to have some forget.

I am learning to use my return key more often.  Making many wee paragraphs or double spaced lines as I go.  Unfortunately, I tend to get aggravated by having to scroll back and forth. Then loose what ever thoughts, I had started with. So I read and get lost once more. Ha!

Like I said, I can be a Robin Williams with quick on the fly thoughts, but never can capture them as well when in public, and need no distractions when writing.

As for the madness of Woman, and Mothers, I did a wee exaggeration, just to get the point through, before some well known comedian steals the show. Ha! 

I know a few in the UK who don't do Mothers Day much as like US people, unless it's for older generations. Just popping in to take mum for lunch or dinner.

One thing that bothers me most is news, I don't trust any US media outlets.  But I do allow both to be read, as to place what I see is credible facts to keep for reference. Even back when a wee lad, I was told never trust the news, and its more so now.

Maybe I am too careful not to upset those, who read on this site, but its not my personal views, but a distortion of what I see funny about others thinking.  You must be able to laugh at your self, before you can have laugh with others.  Not many on both sides of the line are able to laugh.  Seems the world is too serious when comedians get slapped for being a comedian, or mobs have political backing.  Try having a laugh at the mobs, you can't, no matter which side you pick they will go after you.

Well I took my time... and think it covered it. Good night!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2022, 07:24:42 PM »

......errr....okay.

I would pay to see you perform a comedy routine, I really would. Ha!

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2022, 05:00:45 AM »

......errr....okay.

I would pay to see you perform a comedy routine, I really would. Ha!

Ha!  Like a deer in head lights!  Once in around people my mind freezes, or skips about.  Thus my quiet and short yes no answers.  Sometimes, i may not properly explain in the oath most would take. Because I may see some importance in a part of the subject and not know how to end.

Its only that writing allows for me to focus more, though when your use to your own minds speed of things, you become greatly frustrated by the slowness of writing. By the time you finish a particular part of explaination, what you indentend changes before written down.  I guess I have short term memory with thoughts. If I try to keep them all, my mind would explode. Ha!   Sort of like holding your nose tightly, while having to burp, hiccup, and sneeze simultaneously  the mid section wants to emplode while your head builds pressure.  Not the best feeling what so ever. Ha!

That wee joke I made up long ago, elementary school. Found some comedian used it, in his own way, unknowingly of its original creator... me. Ha!  So I keep it for personal perposes, when I see it fit.  I admit because I can be alone quietly, within my own thougts, I am sort of my own intertainer.  Which at times was my downfall, when making attempts at being social one on one with quiet people like me.  After a bit of exchanging the sounds of crickets, I feel compelled to say somethings, randomly.  Which sort of makes me the only one talking, and as I try to keep some interest, i feel like I am all alone.  So use to the distraction of others talking, and carrying along. It makes me feel out of place. Like why did I bother.  But that is probably how people feel round me.  Like might as well drag a street sign around,  of my outline.

Probably the main reason why the guy I wrote about in my opening thread of my experience with a demo tape.  Being the likes of trying to sell a vacume cleaner to Tuesday and Wednesday of the Adams family. Get me the hell out of here!  Ha!  One thing I do is dry humour.  Always find a bright side of life, and let it flow.  Most of the time it goes unnoticed by those too busy around me.  Not that ai spend my days in a cubicle... which I  would no mind one bit. Ha!

So no... nobody would pay, and if it they did, I would soon be handing their coin back before something gets broken. Ha!

Donno what will pop up for writing, after all, I write when I have a thought that can stick long enough.  Mostly a jumble when righting, as you all have seen earlier. That is why i hated writing and reading. In fact I had troubles passing writing skills, and was going to fail exam. My last attempt ended up being a wee essay on what ever, long done, and the topic escapes me now.  But I clearly remember writing about why I hate writing.  I guess they felt sorry, and let me pass... being that I was able to make enough legibility to feel sorry? Well that's how I see it. Ha!  Well, I am off to my day.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2022, 07:41:22 PM »
 I was not sure what to write... as this thread is about random in the moment thoughts, nothing actually thought out. Freshly from completing a poem to make some who read feel disturbed.  I do that time to time, to keep my readers from coming back. Ha!

It's true... I write just because, and when I see numbers grow, I feel claustrophobic.  Thus the need to find a hole to hide away in... until somebody fills it up, or desides to make it a public pool.

Actually when I write something, I don't do it just to piss them off, but to make them think.
Unfortunately most don't want to think, or want you to know you're a bastard for being insensitive.  Maybe they are right, but most are unable to see the point from a different view.  Not that I follow liberal or conservative media.  Just the facts are as they are, without having any emotional attachment.   Its the only way for my head to feel there is any understanding of the issue.  What ever issue that may be.

So anyway, I don't fear my soon to be released negative reviews. I can only hope those reviewers did not bring a bus load to flood me with replies. Its that the reply box is usually one or two from people I know.  But when 5 or more pop up I fear opening them, as I must reply in some way. Like I am giving them permission to continue with more.  Then there is their option to befriend me. Which sort of freaks me out. As the site posts their profile image in view with all the other bs associated with contacts messages. Which their friends look at  through their profile.  So if nobody has ever stumbled upon your writing, they can find you by 5 degrees of separation. Which can turn into infinite loops of profiles that interwine.  It's a freaking facebook!  Now that I took time to think about it, and freak my own mind out.  Should I remove all the 6 who fanned me without permission, and hope they leave me alone, by telling their followers not to retaliate. Or be lurkers and create double or triple accounts to mess with my reviews.   What the!  I came here to relax and chill, and now I am writer blocking myself into a box,  to not write at all. 

Notice the sarcasm and odd paradox of my novella of misfortune.  Self made demise.  This is a good example of my early life. Talk my way out of things before I start. Like the line goes... If you attempt anything do the job right the first time. So, as you guessed it... if  I see that I am no better than average, why bother. Saves me time and effort, and probably a lot of frustration too.

I got the weekend coming, so pissing off some will pass over.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2022, 09:39:51 PM »
It's true... I write just because, and when I see numbers grow, I feel claustrophobic.  Thus the need to find a hole to hide away in... until somebody fills it up, or desides to make it a public pool.

I know some people that can help you with that.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2022, 09:47:00 AM »
Ha!  I am too old and use to my own existance of singularity. 

My small hole in the wall here, is to share odd free thoughts.

Right now I am thinking midterms... not on who to choose but how it will be done between the parties.  Like a conservative could win just by saying hardly anything. Like as if in a defence trial.  Without any reaction the conservative stays patiently waiting for the Democrat to finish his opening statements, before his time is to speak.  Once they have made his opening statement of being a Republican and addressing the on lookers.  The conservative, makes his opening statement.

Because the news outlets and media are liberal, I will not attempt to go against their policy of restricting freedom of speech. To make it clear and simple, without causing slaps on the wrist remarks, about making a mockery of our friendly debate.

If this was in a open forum without limitations to free speech, I would be more than happy to address all 100 pages, of my dialog, right here in my hand.  You can use our new conservative browser and open my site to browse freely, without any fear of being tracked or finding limitations with content being browsed.

As for any of my rebuttals on my part, to my opponent, I will update my site, by 6:00am tomorrow morning.

I would like to state in closing, I love America, and will do all I can to allow all American's to love it too!  Please excuse me for being short, but it is late, and not being familiar with this side of the city,  I would like to get home safely.  I know you all love to hear more, but also have a mass contingency, waiting on my lawn, for me to get home. 

Thank you very much, and listening. Have a great night!

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2022, 07:17:51 PM »
Because I got a recent reply about the writing I made into a small conundrum for my self.  I knew it would pass, but none the less, their reply was generous enough for a reply back.  Their writing style is more literary than how I write, amd very keen on facts and open with points of view.

None the less it was a surprise.  Things are quiet late in the week, as usual.  Though until weekend is done, I dread to see any more reply notices pop up.  I fear seeing them, more than reading them, so I open them promptly, weather or not I want to reply, just to clear the notices. Ha!

I would probably write more if, the counters were broken.  It was so easy when I first started... but now it sort of smothers me, off and on.

I did see a Top Gun trailer... like many have already seen by now.  Like all my past movie reviews that are based on condensed 30 second reads.  This one too, can be condensed down to 30 seconds.  Unlike John, Kate and Sebastian (the cat) movie reviews of the Millennium.  Well here it goes...

No missiles, just guns, and if I kill any of you, the team is done.  The looser does push ups til they puke!  Watch your tail... Crap! Hurl!  Which side did he go? Crap!  Hurl!  Where is he? Where is he?  Crap!  Hurl!  Man, my nuts are freezing!  We're lost in the Siberian mountain range, near 50,000 feet!  Oh look... Not again!  This time the Russians will puke for you! Ha!

At this time you are wondering... Hey, never heard about John, Kate and Sebastian (the cat) movie reviews? Were they actually popular 22 years ago? I can't find them through Google. Do they actually exist or are you messing with us again?

Why do you all ask so many questions? Ha!  Yep at one time they did, and it was not all that spectacular, unless you are a cat.  Did not last, as I recall Sebastian had cancer and ended their reviews.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2022, 09:01:53 AM »
Ever feel left out... this is a pun, guys and gals.

Excuse me, what ever you are!

A pun? Yep, a pun.  Though it does have meaning.

How many times you open a door and it opens to the right?
Public toilets have paper dispensers are at the right.
Car accelerator pedals  are at the right, and manual gear shifter too!
Unless you are in the UK, where you can drive on the left and have a left handed gear shifter.  The UK still needs to work on the accelerator pedal a bit.
There are countless right hand only issues like... scissors, pin ball machine ball launchers, vending machine coin slots, keyboard enter keys, rotating doors, cardboard envelope pull tabs for opening, car exterior door handles... the list is endless!

What really bothers me is doors. You open them and when to close them on the other side, you notice the knob has switched sides.  Now that both rightys and leftys can agree on!  Though UK again has solved some issues, by placing a door knob on houses right smack in the center.

Now you wonder if I am making too much out of nothing?  Until you become left handed by the liberal fairy over night, then you will see, as you take your shower, you find left is hot, not cold!  A dangerous conspiracy if taking care of toddlers.  Scald the poor things!  Not to mention your lower bits if soap is in your eyes, and somebody had flushed a toilet.

Since I touched on Liberals... that happens to be left to you and me. They have complely ignored leftys are handicaped too!  I see so much politics about the minorities having been left out, and so much has been done. Why not fix some things for us leftys too?  Not to mention color blind people, as they too have issues.  Every once and a while a application developer will use an odd color red, and green for buttons.  Which may not be easy to distinguish for color blind people.  Especially when someone gets the bright idea to swap ok with decline, for us leftys... it does happen on rare occasions.  Maybe some rightys can agree, by it happening to them too!

So even though leftys and color blind people are minorities, smaller groups of minorities are getting more than their fair share of support.  All we ask for is proper fixes, which seems small in the whole scheme of things.  Yet you don't see us getting angry at machines and pencil / pen triangle wedgies, and force them up a teachers butt, do we? 

Just a bit tired of nothing being done, not asking to be accepted and honored for being a lefty.  God forbid, a day for leftys.  Really? 

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2022, 10:34:16 AM »
I should change my title for the subject Random Bits of Rants.  Ha!  I think my lefty humorous rant has carried over... so don't blame me for direct right to the issue, with a personal view, humor about voting.

Now that mid term voting is a problem... voting issues seems to be all messed up.  Remember Trump anyone?  Democrats blamed him for the mail system, and soon blamed that on voters rights with delays.  Ok, easy to understand... But, Obamma was the key player here.  Our huge distribution center was forced to down size, by the time Trump took office. Mail has not recovered since!

So, why are politicians not complaining now about the mail system?  It is now about other restrictions to people who find voting difficult.  Ok, I understand, but... I have been voting for some time and never had any family or friend comment about voting privileges.  Geeze!

My mom is secluded, and takes 10 days to get mail. Does she complain? Nope!  Voting can be done, at the age of 75, even when she had Corona for the 3rd time, had made it out to vote.   If someone of age just released out of hospital, can vote on their own, then what the...! 

So what does it come down to... nothing! You can turn a 1% issue into an issue for all, if you yell loud enough.  Like my rant on us disowned leftys, getting the short end of the stick.  Leftys are too quiet to be noticed, unless some smart ass says... Your holding your pen wrong!  Bastard!

If you want to make an issue... what about gas prices.  Mom must drive 30 miles to go to a voting location.  At $8.00 a gallon and on fixed income, its more of a problem, yet Democrats have nothing to say about it. I wonder why??? 

With all the ranting, I am under the impression.  If it don't exist, Democrats will make it happen  If it does exist, they deny there is an issue... like Inflation and boarder patrol.  Sorry bud, there are more wrong doings in higher places than border patrol and death by police.  After all it seems we are rampant with sexual misconduct with teachers and pupils under age.  Like let's all claim Rob Lowe defence and be public figures after taped evidence of rape on a 16 year old.  Then our educational system will look as good as Democrats claim. 

The real issue is nobody works together for democracy.  Its a war, and because of it, this voting issue will always be the politicians front line, until it becomes the Somme.

The real problem is each state is its own state, and Democrats expect all states to comply to their terms on all aspects. It's wrong!

I don't like Portland... been there and its no longer as wonderful as it once was before Obamma, nor do I like Texas, but I do respect their differences.  Each has its good and bad sides.  If democracy was allowed, Texas and Portland, would share some commonalities, instead of opposite ends of the spectrum.

I like any government that pulls the race card in disparities, and blames other states for funding what they disapprove of, while ignoring those who backed them.   So what good is it to vote when you know what they serve, is not going to be on your plate?

Might as well leave the poles open to all, in a border less society, for people who you do not know and work elsewhere, to dictate what is important for them, not the state you're in as a whole.  Problem solved, like it or not!

Probably better and easier in making voting a lottery ticket. Many poor people have no issues buying them, and the results have been the same for years. Nickel and dime prospects, and disappointment for those who really need it.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2022, 04:35:30 PM »
Stuck on the 1st floor and how can I get off?  Yes! elevator buttons are on the right... another thing I may remind about leftys being left out.  Now when in the UK everybody knows the 1st floor is proper.  Unfortunately here the states, it has two meanings.  Hospitals and hotels have a 1st floor, but shopping malls and muli-story buildings have ground floor as 1st floor.

Are you getting confused yet?  Well, let me help you...

When in hospital or hotel with parking, ground level is parking.  Not where you had entered from.  Like you will never get out of those buildings, if you have not parked in underground parking.

Some have Lower Level or may have Lobby.  Which really confuses anyone who is trying to make it to ground level.

Then you are at impossible odds with buildings and malls.  There happens to be no ground floor.   If you are lucky, you may find basement or parking. 

Again you are being forced to park once more!  Who in the, wants to go into the basement?  Unless you have sinister thoughts or an inquisitive little bastard, nobody in their right mind will go there.

Then again I am writing to Americans, and they see no point, but are getting confused by my royal round about of floors.  See, that is why I am confused as well.  Ground floor is where ground is... no stepping up or down to enter building.

Now try and buy a home... that will really mess with you in the UK. Most houses have more than one floor.  So don't say... what is it like on the 2nd floor? There may not be a second floor, even though your eyes see another floor up stairs. No! It is not an attic or roof access.  A 2nd floor is a 3rd floor to you Americans.  On the other hand a gent from the UK may find a realtor very disappointing.  Trying to figure out where the 2nd floor is, and finding access to the attic, if equipped. He would say bloody hell, I am not paying this ungodly price for a house with just a 1st floor!  Leaving the both of them in a state of disbelief between each other.

Confused even more?   Give me time, I will think of more.

Oh I just thought another lefty thing, being my comment on houses... what is the difference between a left handed toilet and a right handed one?  Yes, there is a difference!   Though some are universal.  Go figure that one out.  Ha!  Keep it in mind, as I let you figure it out when out and about. 

Mess with a realtor on fact checking about the house you are interested in.  Make them scratch their heads it will.  Like who in the... would ask that!

Oh, while talking about bathrooms.  Shower heads... No, now you are being Mr Smarty Pants!   We all know shower heads are universal.  Height!  That is what I am pointing out.  They have no standard.  Not one is exactly a certain height.  Go measure yours, I will wait... waiting...

Ok so you are lazy and not going to get up and walk to the bathroom just to measure a shower head.   If you needed to pee, I am sure, that would be incentive.  Most men would do both... measure height while taking a wee, to kill two birds with one stone.  No!  You're being cheeky, you bloody bugger!  I DID NOT SAY MEASURE YOUR PEE HEIGHT!  I meant like most gents, pee while taking a shower... measuring shower head height while you are there.  Got it!

Hell, I forgot what I wanted to explain, all because you found it funny, and had to give your two cents in.  See, you bloody distracted me!

Geezo, now I has it in my mind, some bloke weeing up to the 1st floor... 2nd floor for you Americans, just because I told him to measure!

Now I just thought of...  The woman up stairs taking a wee out the window, just to get back at her numpty mate. Ha! Show him where to wee! 

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2022, 05:33:59 PM »
Just had more pop into my head... sort of random, but not too far from an earlier addition.  Just before I am done for the night.

Since I still have thoughts of the battles of being a lefty, I must continue.

Theaters and big shops with double doors.  Try going through the left door.  I did and it caught my head in mid stride.  Being 3 at the time, it sort of messed with me.

Though Grandpa did not accept leftys in the house. He tried to conform me, around the same age time frame. So maybe grandpa had messed with me more so, than the door beating.

When it came to reading, I did not read because of it. Being taught to use the right hand, I kept trying to identify paragraph margins from right side.  It took a keen teacher to notice, once I hit 3rd grade.

Then came baseball. The bat did not feel right when batting. It just made my natural swing off with batting left, and at batting right, it was even worse.

Now with that, imagine masterbating.  If batting did not feel right either way, then try explaining that with a parent.  They'll look at you funny.

Here let me say it in a boys words...  It just don't feel right.   What do you mean it don't feel right?   I loose interest... I feel I am rubbing it wrong.  Now how is a bloody adult going to explain that one, without being accused of grooming.  This is the sort of thing, they learn on their own. Now that I am older, I think if I were told... well then, try with both hands.   I may have found some satisfaction, back then, though it may have brought some physical disappointment.

To this very day, only writing feels somewhat normal with left.  I can eat with knife and fork fine but not fully natural feeling.  Sometimes I pick the utensils up randomly after setting them down. Mostly because I get tired of trying too hard to make both fork and knife work in a perfect duet.  A switch a roo that cures it, until it hits me again.  If one is keen, they may notice it being peculiarly strange.

Now when I say leftys are handicapped, I really mean it. I see no efforts being made to confront the issue and make it easier on them. 

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2022, 05:27:11 PM »
What freaks me out... well one thing I have been very quiet about, but kept on the back burner.  Is the shoes on the header of this site.  I have those shoes, out in my garage some where.  At least something very similar to them in the same condition.  Nothing to really make a comment about ,other than they're comfy. What bothers me, every time I see the shoes, it's like who is messing with me, on subliminal messaging?  There are plenty more from DT, mostly found later when taking careful review of DT details.  Stuff I should have noted but, being the guy I am, in my Solitary Shell, I mostly just listen, without need to understand much in lyrics.  Quite the opposite to others, but that is me.  The closest think I can say without further explaination, is the Jim Carry movie, about his life being scripted.  I know the name of it, just by the time It comes to me, I be distracted by... keeping focus... staying with the flow...  TRUMAN!  I think its that?

This is not the only site that has made weird vibes. The site I hold my my writings, is often confused for a social dating site.  Which does not bother me, since ignore friend requests.  It is that the site posts new comers for the day along in my profile.  Like every day a new set of faces that ai have no clue to who they are, are right above my few acquired followers.

Followers of which survived for 2 years now, but the first 3 I removed the day I obtained them, which was my 2nd day of writing.  Like that is some scary crap!  And even more scarry when I ask my friend of 10 years to come along and post and share writings... to find they two got the 3 bastards that tried to ride along my profile as followers.  I soon got her to drop them like a bad habbit.

After time,  I noticed, I had acquired a few foreigner females of a certain age.  It did not bother my friend, but out of kindness, I let them be, since they really never bothered me with any contact with comments.  I think they wanted to increase their profile followers.  Like it's some badge of honor, to have so many followers you cannot find the end of the list. Ha!

Actually one of my first followers was just like that.  But they had been around for 10 years writing, and accumulated more than I would feel happy about, if it happened to me.  Thus my quick... removal of any follower that is new to the site.

Which made me write a lot of things to make anyone who reads, not bother.  A Scrooge of sorts, as I need no recognition.  Purely of my own amusement, as if I captured a though to look back on.  Which amazes me, when I look at a 2 year old writing, and see the fragment, and wonder how close I was to the reality I have now.

No! I do not think like a 2 year old!  Who let the smart ass bastard in, from my previous entry! 

There are times I get complements from the higher achieved writers, and don't mind them.

But then again, my Dust Bunny writing would make any 2 year old laugh and want more.  Yeah, I have some serious weed enabler humor that bends to the LSD trips of the 70s.  Though, nothing like Alice Through The Looking Glass.  Much shorter for any child to read without loosing interest.  In fact it goes pretty fast, like the thought that created it.

There has been a lot said for that book, almost could have been banned if parents actually read it.

Crap, I just realized, I justified the bloke's comment that I can identify with a 2 year old!

I can hear him now, off in the distance, saying... What do I win if I can wee on the ceiling while standing in my shower?  Hey, any extra points, writing your full name while doing so?

I will fix him... Sure, just tell your woman to be witness.  Once she sees him doing it, he'll get it coming before he finishes his first name!

Hey, while your at it,  write her name too!  I am sure that will go over very well. Ha!

Well I do tend to put all the good bits near the end.  Mostly to see if anyone is paying attention, and has followed along.  Sort of like what goes in my mind, random bits, that get triggered from something else.

Don't worry if you feel lost, I know where I am going.  I never asked anyone to follow.

As long as you stay behind me,  only one of us is lost.  Now, how is one to figure out who's lost and who's not?  I have felt lost, but never gone anywhere at all.  Sort of being online of sorts.  Weird, another troubling thought. They just keep popping up, time to time.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2022, 01:20:55 PM »
Here is another quick thought, after baby madness and UK having child protection services go bonkers,  by poor administration under cuts, and procedures done by 2nd year staff.   The trigger is baby... my mind filled in the rest.

Quality of life... That phrase has always made me think.  What is this quality, in the first place? Ask anyone and they will come up with their own interpretation.  Quality, is a set of standards, to meet or exceed manufactures requirements.  Basically is what you get, on an advert page about auto parts.  So when a politician states 'Quality of life', they mean a set of standards.  Ok, I get it.  Though, the quality of life I expect, is not of their set of standards.

Example, health care.  Seems to me, the quality they say we get, is sugar coating.  As long as this quality they speak of has a benefit, of sounding good, is all that matters. 

What it boils down to is, replacing skills or procedures with non liability to any error, under administration and insurance demands.

I have nothing against tech, outside of the buginess of OS, product support, user manuals, and untrusive knowledge of you and your life.  It has made our lives more busier than it ever has been before tech invaded.  I remember, the big push was to make life simpler.  Thus the push for better Quality of Life.

Ha, what a load of bull!

Let me explain...  let's say we have this new fangled tech called the Super Circumcision Blaster Deluxe, to do 10 babies at once, without any undo distress.  Just load them up on conveyor and before you know, your done!

Being the latest tech made in Taiwan, a bit of training is required use such a device.  It may give question, by adding costs for something any doctor can do... but look at the quality of life, for the babies.  Speed and precision, while not loosing any important bits, from human error.

Let's say the same company makes a series of designer models to integrate,  match and coordinate with your operating theater.  Even the control panels have common interface. The only differences are the model name and how they are used.  Just place patient on conveyor belt and it will feed them through, to be scanned, analyzed and minor automated surgery.  A time saving, cost cutting, and quality a life improving service. 

Let's say the system update randomly does an operation that was not selected. It usually happens, like clock work, when in use, and never when performing system checks or being trained.

Just wait, in the not so distant future, some guy will be sorry, as his quality of life, has quickly become complicated.  How?  All he wanted was a few skin tags and raised moles removed from his neck and back, for his betterment of, Quality of Life.  A simple in and out patient procedure.

Doctor scans his body and marks all the areas of removal.  Presses the button and with in a minute, the patient has a perfectly circumcised set of fingers on both hands.  The poor bastard can't call his insurance, because he has no finger prints to unlock his phone.  Imagine his Quality of Life now!

He should have had his daughter watch, How to freeze off skin tags, on YouTube.  Thinking how tech has simplified our lives.  A total waste of resources, and limited his daughters learning skills, or removed any chances of her deciding, on a glorious future of skin tag removal.  Yes, the poor guy has a ruined Quality of Life, but also his own daughter's.  She could have made hundreds of thousands,  with a side hustle, Freeze A Tag, YouTube channel.

Just look at the Dr. Pimple Popper's popularity.  Probably making more on YouTube than in her first year of practice.

Now all he has to look forward to is his daughter saying ewww when she sees his fingers.  She will never wave hello or goodbye to him, in front of friends again.  No more handing out Halloween candy, for him. I can just see his Quality of life becoming a life crisis.

So there you go.  Quality of life is all relative to where you sit.  Managed or micro managed to the point of quality only meets the needs of the institution's standards, not the people they represent.

Ha! Just popped in my head... A broken system's primary function is built on cost effective quality of service. It can only be fixed to properly provide, when going broke is still an option.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2022, 08:40:31 AM »
 Ever feel like somebody is messing with you, just because they have nothing to do?

Texas is miles away from me, and because I live near Chicago, the contrast is between night and day.  Yet people around me fear Texas.  My feeling is like Las Vegas, what happens there stays there.  Yet, here I am wondering if Portland, Chicago and Los Angeles  have annexed Texas, Florida, Alabama, and other states.

Basically I don't want their problem to become my problem, and visa vera.  I consider myself a conservative liberal.  Nothing wrong with it. As long as I take my liberal ways and keep them to myself, everyone is happy.  Get it?

So if a car moves from three lanes to make a turn in front of me... that is a normal turn in IL.  Sort of like California stops, just slow and go.  Stopping like that has become nation wide. It should be renamed an American stop. Unless you are from India, honking like a roach coach on lunch time rush, while making a stop or turn or entry into traffic.   Oh got side tracked.  So if a car does some stupid shit like that...  I gladly give them a liberal amount of honking and a middle finger.  If they pull a gun, I quickly run their car off the road. Not many realize the difficulty of having to turn hard with one hand on the wheel.  Making over correcting an under statement on an irritated driver.  It's good to have taken a defensive driving coarse, it comes in handy, especially now these days.

I highly recommend it.

In a way i can't help laughing at my fellow liberals as much as the conservatives.   Though liberals don't seem to find very many conservative actions funny. They rather make fun of the conservative. Thinking about it, it's a bit hurtful, unlike what liberals say about conservatives being reptilian.  I think because I am not so angry, I don't go after any more trouble than what falls in my lap. To me it's a waste of energy.  There is plenty to laugh at, that you don't have to poke and needle to make fun of.

I think I explaind how annoying IL people are with cutting through and saying excuse me as they walk away. I have been trying to counter, but it seems to be a no win situation.  They are soon gone before a reply can be made. Eventually I will figure a nice way to get back at them.  While shopping, shoving a cart into their butt seems easiest and effective, but will cause an altercation.

One thing I have noticed in shopping, is more women seem to know where they are going.  Number one on my annoyance list is the sudden turn around or stop as I am just about to move behind or go around.  It's a bit startling. After 10 or more random instances, I still am not able to get over the shock.  It literally stuns my thought processes. I eventually end up with half of what I came to shop for, at best.  Once I had the same woman do the turn around  and sudden stop on me, within 20 seconds time. I kid you not!  I am not sure if I actually bought anything.  Just remember the shock and fear of finding her at an isle  intersection, while purposefully evading any opportunity.  I racked my brain trying to eliminate a cause to such occurance.  Too many isles are narrow now these days.  I blame Corona for women, being more aware now.  So I can say Corona has been my saviour, and have yet to have any issues with such actions while shopping.

Gosh, I have made another royal round about... I was explaining liberal conservative me. For me the thoughts shared are quick fragments that run into each other.  By writing them out, I sort of make it understandable by others.

In closing... moderation to the mount of liberalness, allows more to be spead about before wasting it.  Sounds like some thing like,  applying KY jelly when needed, or the hazzards of Bengay cream.  Not to mention eating chocolate EX-Lax too, or squrting Visene in someones drink.  Being a bit more conservative than liberal comes in handy.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2022, 02:15:13 PM »
I admit not everyone will get my humor.  It's like wearing my golf shirt that has cute little aliens all in random order. To those who are keen to notice. It's actually 'Oh Shit' in hand writing in mirrored form from the bottom horizonal.   If anyone would know... and lived in the 80's OP (Ocean Pacific) pants also would be worn, to complement.  Ha!

This one is sort of my style in turning something inside out.  I think it is clear, but you may need to read twice to see my humor with self distruction.  My own personal battle to keep good from being ruined.

Lost and found...  after time, something you feel is lost, pops up again.

I tend to reflect on good things that I have noticed through my lifetime.  Not that I directly pull them up because I miss them, or find difficulty in letting go.

For me every memory is mostly not lost at all, so many variances in each, that each one is appreciated.  Though, if I dig deeply enough, I get so confused by the last moments.  Which are haunting enough to spoil the good, if I try to figure them out.  One reason why I don't try figuring people out. Not all are not as simple as I, when seeing the natural beauty of things.

Natural beauty is often misunderstood.  We hardly know what natural is any more, now these days.  Natural is GMO, or is a nice addition of organic substances.  Both are fake, never existed, before mankind has tampered, but luckily for us, is still concidered natural.

I guess two faced people are just as natural. They seem good through and through, but some things inside are a bit off.  In some ways, it's a natural beauty about them. A beautiful piece of work, to some.

Albino people are unique, yet most people seem to ignore their beauty.  The only popular albino person I can recall is Edgar Winter.  A natural occurring beauty, but unnatural enough for most, to want to notice.

Designer pets are one to make you wonder.  Munchkin cats are popular, but in a natural occurrences in the wild, they would not survive.  Until we accept purposefully altering our genetics to make people with 1 foot length arms and legs, I will be more than happy to accept... for such cruelty to an animal. Yet they are considered natural, and people want them enough to pay.

This natural crap is starting to wear me thin.  To the point of not wanting to see natural beauty anymore.  My own brain, just now as I wrote, has killed it for me. Unlike allowing the many people, who I once enjoyed ignoring indifference.  In putting aside any negative feelings, just to appreciate their bits of natural beauty. 

Now their ugly surrounds me.

Who cares if you happen to have a beautiful smile and pure white hair.  When I only see... a gap between teeth, and the dead appearance, of white eyes, that chill my very soul, when daggers are forced deep into my back.  Forever gone is such natural beauty.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2022, 07:11:07 AM »
Democracy... I have tried to explain how convoluted our thoughts are on the subject, and to only get labeled as a Trumpet.  I find it amusing, and sad.  Sad that so many are 100% or bust, with their democracy of sorts.

Being liberal has its perks.  A conglomerate of minority sub cultures.  As long as you have a voice, someone will hear you.  Ever listen to your own voice?  I do it constantly.  Its a part of me that is more real than reality.

In fact my voice is as diverse as any Liberal.  Yet unlike a true Liberal my voice is united.  Being that for every thought from one side, gets another thought from another side. Instead of conflict, each side agrees 50% and moves along, allowing something else to pop up.  I have agreed to mediate my thoughts, without much stress and effort, while allowing myself to be free from the cyclic cycle of a Hamster wheel.

So when you think of democracy, it's not how many are counted, its how well mediation is done.  Proof from my cat!

He is of an average cat.  Has no care in the world for politics and prefers to clean his own ass than to listen about it.  Maybe if you are lucky, he may give his opinion with a hairball, or fresh poo in the bath tub, for you in the morning.

His needs are simple.  Feed me now! Wake up, you must he up!  Excuse me, I must be in your face!  Acknowledge my presence!  Being that his brain power is small, in comparison of the average human being, there will be no jaded views from him. To prove democracy with brain function, I used cat food.  I selected 3 brands of cat food, of various flavors.  Some are paté, flake, and some odd mixed bits with gravy.  $10.00 of various stinky substances.  Cat food can be expensive, if you are to do a taste test.  So I recommend cheap, for scientific study.

My studies are more realistic to general population than what most believe,  and what has been proven under Corona.  I won't go there... It will decimate your beliefs in modern science, that is being pushed upon you by political means.  My cat is a strong non-political being.  He cannot be bought nor swayed by status.  Bribery by cat food, is limited by his needs, not yours.  He'll play you, into thinking you are getting your way with him. I say good luck sucker!

I quickly found that half of what I purchased, he obviously disapproved of. Some he would run away from. I labeled it Trumpy Delight.  Another ended up being a favorite.  I labeled it Obama Care, being my cat is black and wanted representation.  Don't ask me how he became aware of his rights,  he can care less about todays media.

I mixed in 80% Trumpy Delight with 20% Obama Care, and he barely inched forward to his bowl.

I pushed the mixture to 35% Trumpy Delight with 65% Obama Care, and was able to get a sniff and snort, with a paw to nudge the bowl, as if he thought it would change its smell.

So, I tried 50/50.  This time he casually took a few bites... enough to pass his hunger, and walked away.  Eventually at the end of day, the bowl was emptied.

There you go, a cat can allow for democracy with equality between two differing sides.  I am not sure why humans can't see the point. But if we took a near 50/50 stance to grow from, perhaps the next time an issue comes around we can progress further, than to fight for entire patches of land, like Russians. 

I guess it's like this...  way back I was given Codeine for pain meds.  I am one that is a light weight, mostly because l live my life away from drugs, drink and smokes.  I find very little tolerance to feeling any more different to what I have grown to feel comfortable about my self and wellbeing.  I like to stay comfortably normalized all the time.  Anything that changes  how I feel, is only accepted if it lasts about a minute or two.  Long term, causes distress, the longer it lasts.

Any way, because I weighed the pain level I endured,  with taking a pill, to get some sleep... I found that meds like Codeine can effect people, who like me, don't like feeling out of their head.  To cut away what makes them who they are, in thoughts.  If you are use to a mix of thoughts running about in your head, and find it more subdued after meds, you may feel out of place, and lost. Thus a relapse from lack of effort in keeping up with meds.

For me on the Codeine trip, was the fact I woke up believing I literally needed to reboot my brain.  I just needed to press the reset button at the base of my skull.  I knew better, yet inside, I was hell bent in thinking of it.  Luckily the pain meds had worn off soon after I woke, but it made me think how some are effected by drugs to correct mental issues.  The good and bad effects involved, makes for no calm in-between for most.  Sort of a lack of balance, for a justifcation, while suffering by another cause.  Our political democracy has become that bitter pill.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2022, 04:29:36 AM »
It's not funny... in the light of all the accusations and bad mouthing.  It's not the act of violence, that is the issue.  It's a failed system.

Back in the 80s violence was part of East Alisal and with in El Sausal Middle School, that were of common gang violence, around and after school.

It was as common to hear jokes around it, as much as the term going postal.

Back when in high school, I had my turning point.  I had plenty of credits to graduate without finishing the last 3/4 of my senior year, use them, I did!

Everything I saw in the last two years alienated me.  One teacher had the gall to say I will be seeing you next year.  At first I thought he assumed I was a sophomore, but after thinking about it, he knew all the grades of his students.

It did not bother me, but oddly the reporting me to a counselor, without explanation started the ball rolling.  I was furious at the fact I was pulled out of the only elective I enjoyed that was not college prep related.

Like I am in college prep classes, and now you think I am a problem? Excuse me!

To be honest the amount of training a teacher and a counselor are required does not reflect their abilities to effectively understand students who are not like 80% of the class. To them they are trouble makers, slackers, and just there for the ride.

Why waist of effort on their part, yet actions are dictated by procedures given by school board and administration. 

The problem was communication, I was not a good communicator face to face, and how their actions to help, became a way to enabling defensive shell around me.

It showed in college with an instructor that challenged my abilities, because I did not see much challenge with the coarse work.  I clearly got high grades on my work and exams, but he took it on him self to lower them to D standards . I could not pass with a D, and instead I walked out.  Had no trust with educational system, other than their rules are always against me.

I cooled off and took the class again with another instructor. It delayed my graduation another 4 months, but I did not care.

Many do things differently than I, and have resorted to violence as a means of retaliation.  But for what ever the result, it is how the seed is planted that forms the weed.

I know many will protect the institution because they know it does good.  But in reality every institution has its dark side.  The management.  We all have seen it. Where a manager can make or break you, in a world of  protecting your ass.  You can write a letter of resignation, to clearly state why.  Yet management will always have an upper hand.

Same rules as before, but played with grown ups.  Some just commit suicide, at the office, to place their resignation... some go postal.  I have seen a few, and like with schools, it gets swept under the rug, as a personal issue.

I see a lack of accountability and because of it, irresponsibility with those placed as superiors, when it is there job to understand those who they are responsible for.  Many have gotten by with patting each others backs, and making good argument, while passing the buck to root failure.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2022, 02:18:07 PM »
Food value...  I always had an internal scale on food value. I started when I was very young.  Back when candy could be had finding a glass bottle or two around bridges, parks and construction sites.  Quickly I learned an items weight, size or content can be worth more than its price.

Example, Zots did not last as long as a Jolley Rancher, given the size was about the same. A Snickers bar had more food value than a 3 Musketeers bar, even though the Snickers bar was smaller... back then.  Now the 3 Musketeers is almost the same size.

If not sure about food value, your tummy will tell you. Yet people tend to spend big money on low food value items.  Example Air Pops and Rice Cakes. Might as well by a king sized Snickers and feel satisfied, than go around hungry all day, after eating 6 servings and inhaling all the broken off pieces, from the bottom of the bag of puffed air items.

Fish or chicken?  Price per pound don't equate to food value.  Fish is 75% water. I bet anyone one who has eaten 1.3 lbs of fish will be hungry by bed time. It don't happen with same amount of Chicken.

Baby formula, and whole milk.  Being a bit more difficult to find whole milk now these days, almost as scarce as baby formula, even though it is still available.  Whole milk is more nutritous than  powdered formula.  Lasts in the child's gut longer too.  Also you can water it down to get more food value out of it.  That reminds me of 1% milk... just like the label says, 1% milk, and the 99% is water.  The 1% is to add the effect of milk in your glass.  Yet people again paid good money for something they could have done rinsing out the empty milk jug into a glass for them selves.

So, in the long run of food value,  always buy doughnuts from a bakery, they give you 13 in their dozen.  Stores sell only 12 in a box.  Even better get the week old, and dunk in coffee or tea, to soften them up. Unless they have blue tented icing.  DON'T EAT ANY BREAD TYPE ITEM WITH BLUE ALONG THE EDGES.

Also take time to smell, even if you must poke through the nice clear plastic sealing wrap. While you are at it, place finger under the wrap and feel the texture.  If slimey or smells bad, place it back and select another.
Even though the item is discounted by expiration date, it probably will be better to just pick their dumpster and get it for free. Which makes a better value.

If lucky enough to find old chocolate from Xmas or Valentines day.  Don't worry chocolates don't go bad. They can last years on end, even though they get powdery coated looking.  I have eaten a whole bag of kisses, from 5 years back, and not found any ill effects from eating them.

Though ice cream don't do well.  After discovering a pint lost in the back of the freezer, it was not so good. Even if you break away all the ice crystals, the ice cream is hard and dry.  I doubt adding hot water won't revive it, unless you think it will better as a drink.

15 year old macaroni and cheese is the same as new from the store, unless the product has been recalibrated with nutrition facts to feed a small family of dwarfs.  Or have replaced a food ingredient that can cause cancer.  My feeling is if the product has not killed me, from eating tonnes back in the 70s, what makes them think I will die from their product now?  Kind of like when M&Ms were pulled in the 70s for Red#5 or what ever it was. Not one child died from M&Ms before it was pulled, and returned as a different red in the 80s.  I figure you would need to feed nothing but red M&Ms to a child every day til they turn 20 to see a cancer form, if they don't die of sugar poisoning.

Back to food value... it seems more often now, that instead of raising prices they short you on product.  Like Charmin bathroom tissue... notice a sheet is not as wide as it was before Corona?   I watched Snickers become smaller and smaller since the 80s.  Even fun size has shrunk.  Which to me cheapens Halloween for children.  They must go to 25% more houses to get the same amount of food product than what I use to get.

Even McDonalds and Burger King are skimping on products. So the food value that you have come to loved growing up, is now pretty packaging and a nice smell inside.  $20 of value is just a recollection of a valued memory.

Offline emtee

« Reply #134 on: May 27, 2022, 03:19:35 PM »
Why did you pick a somewhat obscure prog-metal's band forum to articulate your passing thoughts?

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2022, 03:53:33 PM »
Why did you pick a somewhat obscure prog-metal's band forum to articulate your passing thoughts?

Actually I had posted a short story about what I had experienced early in my lifetime, about what I think was my introduction to Majesty's early years.  I figured of all sites available,  it was fit to share here.

From the interests of others, I made this thread.  Though I admit, I never expected any to reply, and in knowing I am allowing myself to write without having to proof read and loose my thoughts as they come...  a bit effortless.  Some of which are not captured, by how fast I thumb type.

From what I see there are many different topics, some of which are long running, and very active... which I can get lost in trying to follow, or mess up its format with my thinking. I don't do well with following multiple replies that run together.

My thread, was to allow my random thoughts to what ever, without a particular format to follow.  Without worry about any policing by me.  Some may not care, but a few may find interesting enough to read.

This is not my primary focus, as I have other sites I frequent.  As the title states, random thoughts and what nots.  I think that all sums up why I pop in time to time. 

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2022, 07:15:14 AM »
Of all things...

Had worn my brain out, on  dual mini discussions that ended up longer than expected.  Something that happens more than I like. As I have to explain, more than I like.  Again my simplistic choice of words, based on everything, makes such occurences a never ending battle.

Thus my lack of explaining or going into the discussion.  But will give a general example about something everyone should have an understanding about , both from a personal level and from others they have known. 

Ice cream, Captian Crunch, and Sour Gummy Worms... now you probably think WTF, he is going to generalize that with everything?  Yep, but its my perception in generalizing, as everyone is different, and you may generalize with  puppy dogs, cactus fruit, and chewing gum, as your own preference.

Like some people are vanilla ice cream. Which are basic and simple enough to accept. Then if you mix in a bit of Captain Crunch, they can be a bit harsh, even though you enjoy the soft and comfortable feeling of the sweet coolness along your tongue as you bit into the harshness of aerated grout chunks with a touch of peanut butter flavor.  Leaving you a bit raw and hurting after a few spoon fulls.  Seen a few people like that, but then you have the gummy worm type. Sweet an innocent until all the sugar coating is gone, leaving you with gummy sourness that won't go away.   People, cars, vacations or life in general can be generalized with my selection.

Everything seems simple at first, but soon messed up with 10 gummy worms or a cup of Captain Crunch.

For others the puppy dog,  cactus fruit and chewing gum seems the better option.  Cuddly and playful, full of joy and always at your side.  Until you must pick up what is not the chewing gum you thought, discovered on the floor. In fact the kids will look at you as if you picking cactus fruit.  Don't daddy!  Stop stop!   You think you did right but you realize that fresh warm oozing feeling at your finger tips, is the equivalent of the chewing gum, that has stuck to you.  Bringing on more  EEEEEEW, NO DADDY!  As you try to detour to the bath room, to flush it away.  Yes, people are that way.  Prickly pears they are, and squeeze the living shit out of you, if you annoy them.   It's like you stuck a piece of freshly chewed chewing gum in their hair.

None the less anything can be generalized, it so happens people are more likely to fit in the picture.  Cars can too, especially when buying one.  Never fails to buy that puppy you always wanted, only to find out some body lined the front seat with cactus fruit, just for you. So every bump you hit, you feel it, sticking you sharply in the ass.  Problem is, you got suckered and you are stuck with payments.  Just like the slightly used chewing gum stuck in your hair.  Then you realize you have the need to squeeze the living shit out of the car salesman, that sold you the car.

Perhaps you should have generalized with my perceptions... but, I don't think Captian Crunch would feel any better being pulled out of your ass.  At least a prickly pear will give some relief, soon after its removal. 

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2022, 02:50:36 PM »
Indeed

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2022, 04:09:27 PM »
Intestinal fortitude... the ability to shit bricks big enough, to make all that watch, look in awe.  Ever hear of that definition?

Probably not, only I think of this shit...  mostly when I am listening to others talk.

Not often you hear intestinal fortitude in a sentence, but 42 sounds like fortitude, as for intestinal... infinitesimal, or interracial may kick of a quick spark at recovery of memory.

Listening to myself can go into many directions, because I pick at words and distort them badly mad.  Because of it, I am never bored, and can cause issues with too may all at once talk around me.  That can be of intestinal fortitude, to deal with group convo... not to destroy  word meanings, but to actually follow every person's comments and what not. This is with people who I don't know jack from,  around a crowded concessions stand.

When I hear intestinal, I think shit... meaning a nice way to mean you need to take a shit.  Oh, by the way I am having an intestinal disagreement... yep, you must find a toilet pronto! 

Oddly enough.. to shit bricks, has a meaning of being scared.  Actually it would take a lot of fortitude, to take on a massive shit, in front of friends, family and innocent bystanders.  I stongly doubt, unless you are an infant, that you will make such attempt to do so, even with intestinal fortitude.

Being scared in a crowd, yet able to muster a great poo of unnatural size, would actually cancel both each other out, in their combined meaning. Which is an odd paradox of two words used to mean something of great courage.

If I feel alien to those around me, it's because they are alien to me. Intestinal fortitude just to remove any alien feeling, is like taking a poo while they watch. 

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2022, 04:55:25 PM »
Air fryer... Today, where I live, has been hot and humid, with blowy winds.  Reminds me of air frying, in a small way.  Tomorrow should be a cooker, being in the 90's.  So with the weather being as it is, reminded me of the air fryer.

Today's air fryers are pretty much the same thing sold way back when, under the RONCO name.  They usually crapped out on you within a year.  They were cheap and sold on TV.  That is when you can order a TV item and not pay for it until delivered. It was called COD, and done with UPS at the time. What kind of deal is that?! Just make sure you have cash on hand when they deliver. Sounds like a home delivery pizza or Door Dash. 

No credit, no problem... geezo!  The old commercial of Paul at the Diamond Store, just flooded my brain. You got to search for one on the net... be sure to smoke a choice bud before watching.  The guy is cheesy sleazy.  Just like the Hesket Carpet Warehouse, in the 70s . The place got shut down, for money laundry and schemes. In fact all the cheesy sleazy local commercials  were shut down for bad business practices.  Like they were a side show from the porn industry.  Probably were, as porn always had connections.

Back to RONCO, it will sell anything that can fit on a tv commercial slot no matter what time of day.  Oh, air fryers... at one time an old lady (like the 3 Wendy's where's the beef, old ladies... but not) would pawn off the new improved stackable cyclone air fryers. She was at one time the sandwich lady, with a heated sandwich grill, that would nicely grill pocket any food item inside two slices of white bread.

Stuff a weiner in a biscuit  and close the lid. Poof!  Hot dog!  A strange as shit looking hot dog, but a hot dog none the less.  What got me was dumping pie filling on bread to make turn overs. Probably tasted like the worst turn over ever, yet sure looked like a turn over.  She proved you can grill a pocket food item out of anything edible or not!

Anyway back to air fryers...  they are way over priced now.  Try buying one.  They now have more than one option to cook.  Like all I want is an air fryer, not a freaking toaster oven, rotisserie, smoker, air fryer, with air popper attachment.  No wonder it costs as much as it does.  Now I can see an old woman placing her freshly washed poodle to air dry it, just like back in the late 70s, with microwave ovens.  Roasted in 2 minutes or less.  Don't worry i doubt she will try and pass off rotisserie smoked poodle for lunch, to the firemen that stopped by, after neighbor called for strange smells and smoke coming from kitchen.

I think I will stop now on the air fryer.  I have a hungry but sickening queasy feeling.  Like its dinner time, yet I am ready to fill my plate at any time.
That is another odd thing with simultaneous reactions.

Another is while having a bad case of hiccups, in holding your nose to stop a sneeze, while holding your breath for stopping hiccups, and having to belch, while forgetting you finished speed downing a Fosters.  I don't want to be near who ever does it.  It does not seem possible, but the outcome could be devastating. Think of the pressure build up. Your ear canals are too small to compensate. Outside of blowing out your ear drums, and forcing your brain to push your eyes out of their sockets, the only path is through your ass.  A simultaneous implosion-explosion of intestinal fortitude.