Author Topic: Random bits and what nots  (Read 11440 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Random bits and what nots
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2022, 07:02:35 PM »
Don't forget to put your station on channel 3 before you turn the knob on the box to watch HBO.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2022, 07:03:49 PM »
What's HBO?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2022, 07:14:44 PM »
Here I had thought, that I had a thought to share. Unfortunately it poofed, when replying on thinking and getting it.  Now distracted by it, knowing its now lost, I am at a loss.

I guess the most bothering to my distraction is shopping for groceries.  Yep, I did a shop mid day.  Some have noted how Corona has limited our shelves. To me, its been gradual for the last 7 years, now.  Corona just made it more noticeable with supply chain issues. Before Corona, we had 6 super markets that eventually dropped to 4, 5 years ago. At least we have a super Walmart and a Meijer for more items.  But the selections have slowly dwindled and as of recent the 4 super markets have done a full restructured lay outs. To address the items being limited.  Basic items use to be between two local stores, within 2 mile radius, now it's between every store, depending on stocking times and truck delivery. 

Gone forever are fancy choccy waffles.  Usually found near bakery / bread isles. They were cheep and easy items for custom deserts. In fact many odd prepackaged bakery items have been canceled.  If I were to put a finger on the amount of canceled items, I would say 30% of store brand shelved items and common prepackaged bakery items are no longer.  Not that I must by store brand for expences, just there are some very good store brand items that have no equivalent.  Which makes compromise with less tastey name brand. Who would have thought that, name brand being inferior. 

Well, it never fails, after a shop that use to be not so daunting, and less stressful, is now something I dread. Back before Corona, I was a fairly fast shopper, minding to keep an even pace.  Now people are as fast as I, without a pace.  Like if I were naughty, I could easly drop a basket in pathway, and find some crazy shopper ready to plow into it before saying oops!  Also the location I live in... it is common courtesy to say excuse me after cutting through.  WTF!  I get better manners from an 7 year old in Georgia. Even though I can survive the shop and lines, the whole thing sticks in mind for a day. 

« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 07:19:58 PM by Unknown-Comic »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2022, 07:16:57 PM »
What's HBO?

The station you watched that wasn't distorted looking for boobs.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2022, 07:22:12 PM »
Did I stumble on something I was not aware of... some Muppet episode featuring Benny Hill as a guest?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2022, 07:25:19 PM »
@ Comic...re: Grocery stores

I have lived in a Grocery Store for almost 31 years now, holding a number of positions...Front End Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager (for 15+ years), Grocery Manager, and I am now a Receiver, a job that I plan on riding out until I retire.

Talking about people in a rush, the Instacart shoppers are notoriously impatient. Their faces are in their phones, and they have no concept that there are other shoppers around them. They constantly bug us to help them find shit. Dude...fucking cereal is in the CEREAL AISLE. I am NOT fucking shopping for you.

There has not been a 7 year wind down of product. Supply chain issues are real. Factories/Bakeries are not anywhere near 100% due to both staffing levels and raw material shortages.
Own Branded items are definitely taking a hit. Most are made by major name branded manufacturers, and well, their branded items are getting priority.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2022, 07:28:10 PM »
So Tim, is it your fault these choccy waffles don't exist anymore?  They sound fantastic, I never had those!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2022, 07:30:17 PM »
So Tim, is it your fault these choccy waffles don't exist anymore?  They sound fantastic, I never had those!

I don't know what you're talking about. My kitchen is filled with them. :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2022, 07:34:11 PM »
Ship some to me you bastard!  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2022, 07:35:15 PM »
Did I stumble on something I was not aware of... some Muppet episode featuring Benny Hill as a guest?

Tim is the old man that Benny Hill slaps on the head.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2022, 07:35:28 PM »
WTF!  I get better manners from an 7 year old in Georgia.

I'll support this.  It does seem sometimes the children set a better example than the parents. 

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2022, 07:36:15 PM »
Ah!  That explains it... though about insta-cart.  80 year olds use to be slow. Talk about a side job, as if they are on speed or something.

None the less, i am not so keen on seeing basics be so limited, knowing there should be a priority over crap name brand items.  I know some can't give up on twinkies, but 5 freaking flavors on the shelves.  At one time they said Corona attacks over weight people.  All through the 1st year, they pumped out more fatfattening foods.  Its a conspiracy on both sides.  One to plump you up, and the other to make money with junk food, when depressed. If  Corona don't get you, your clogged arteries will!

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2022, 07:38:39 PM »

Ha!  I thought my quick reference was above heads.  Was going to explain, but now I am not!  Good night all and have a pleasant tomorrow!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2022, 07:41:37 PM »
Ah!  That explains it... though about insta-cart.  80 year olds use to be slow. Talk about a side job, as if they are on speed or something.

None the less, i am not so keen on seeing basics be so limited, knowing there should be a priority over crap name brand items.  I know some can't give up on twinkies, but 5 freaking flavors on the shelves.  At one time they said Corona attacks over weight people.  All through the 1st year, they pumped out more fatfattening foods.  Its a conspiracy on both sides.  One to plump you up, and the other to make money with junk food, when depressed. If  Corona don't get you, your clogged arteries will!

You're thinking too hard about it.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2022, 07:46:47 PM »

Ha!  I thought my quick reference was above heads.  Was going to explain, but now I am not!  Good night all and have a pleasant tomorrow!

Wait.....it's already tomorrow where I am.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2022, 07:49:18 PM »
Keanu Reeves stars in my favorite movie of all time..

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2022, 07:49:44 PM »
So true blue.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2022, 07:50:17 PM »
True blue?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2022, 07:50:30 PM »

Yeah, Bill and Fucking Ted.

Seriously (Well, I'm serious but), I have no idea where your gif is from.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2022, 07:51:53 PM »

Yeah, Bill and Fucking Ted.

Seriously (Well, I'm serious but), I have no idea where your gif is from.

Soundtrack by Slayer, Fates Warning, Hallow's Eve...

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2022, 07:58:39 PM »
Huh, don't know it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2022, 08:00:04 PM »
Huh, don't know it.

From 1986. It was Keanu Reeves' 2nd movie. I knew right off that he was going to be a huge star.
It's great film if you ever get a chance to see it.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2022, 03:17:19 AM »
Huh, don't know it.

From 1986. It was Keanu Reeves' 2nd movie. I knew right off that he was going to be a huge star.

Not a big movie guy but I make sure I do.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2022, 09:46:54 AM »
Maybe I'll catch it too, some time. Here I thought I seen most all 80s stuff, good or bad.

Did not carry this over, as my last convo was techie, once more... unless you like assembling a torque flight 727 instructional?  Ha!

Here is the other half of my convo about words... the I get it, segment, that I dropped in. I figure it may keep some amusement when my day will be away.

A reply back on the techie thread...

Whenever someone in a conversation says, "You think?" to me, my answer is: "I gave that up; it always got me into trouble."

My reply

Yeah, I see good reason to your point. You can't claim responsibility, for any consequences, because you believe in Karma. What ever happens, happens.

Now for odd ball late 80s movie... which just popped up, from Karma triggering a line in the movie, then triggered the name of it.  It Takes Two, is the title, and it centers around a Countach... well actually a knock off version.  Enjoy!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2022, 05:42:57 AM »
What's HBO?

Cinemax.  AKA Skinemax.  Been there, done that.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2022, 06:35:08 AM »
Maybe I'll catch it too, some time. Here I thought I seen most all 80s stuff, good or bad.

Did not carry this over, as my last convo was techie, once more... unless you like assembling a torque flight 727 instructional?  Ha!

Here is the other half of my convo about words... the I get it, segment, that I dropped in. I figure it may keep some amusement when my day will be away.

A reply back on the techie thread...

Whenever someone in a conversation says, "You think?" to me, my answer is: "I gave that up; it always got me into trouble."

My reply

Yeah, I see good reason to your point. You can't claim responsibility, for any consequences, because you believe in Karma. What ever happens, happens.

Now for odd ball late 80s movie... which just popped up, from Karma triggering a line in the movie, then triggered the name of it.  It Takes Two, is the title, and it centers around a Countach... well actually a knock off version.  Enjoy!

You know, at first, I had a difficult time making heads or tails out of your posts. Your brazen disregard for grammar and punctuation combined with what only can be described as a Yoda-esque sentence structure made for a wince-inducing read.

But now, after a week of scrolling through your, for lack of a better word, ramblings, I'm totally beginning to see it.

Not unlike the crew of the Nebuchadnezzar in the Matrix, what was once just random scrolls of green text has now become something I can interpret :biggrin:

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2022, 08:49:53 AM »
Ha!  Just wait til you have face to face convo.  Confusing people is what I do best.

To be honest, android thumb typing is annoying.  After a few attempts to back space a bit and find my thumb had mistyped once more, or I am on a roll, and don't want to stop while things are somewhat legible; I just give up completely, once  2 minutes worth of typing becomes 10 or more.  If you really want a challege, just peek over my shoulder and watch how many errors a person can make, thumb typing a paragraph.  I gould go ingo the guineapig book or word records!  See, I left that alone for you! No thankx needed. Ha!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2022, 08:57:40 AM »
Huh, don't know it.

It's no Point Break.   

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2022, 09:05:29 AM »
And for my next attempt!

More awfy minced words by mah own braw typing.  Need I dare make mair, to work ya up to high doh?

From a Scots I have come to know; I learned how to type proper, through their mispelt words. So if ya need translation, I am a master at gobbly gook.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2022, 01:49:25 PM »
Huh, don't know it.

It's no Point Break.

A Patrick Swayze film, too!  I may add that I liked Road House better.  Mostly because of the car.  I had a 65 Riviera myself.  Though between the movies listed for being in the 80s,  To Live and Die in LA, is my favorite for a bit of action and good acting. It has one of the best car chases done, without any CGI.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2022, 04:06:48 PM »
Brain burn out today... assisting foreign speaking android TV user to manually adjust Screen resolution to fit a panoramic tv.  Basically 2280x1080 screen, but no specs were given.  Mostly on assumption from end user. Technically he was to use ADB to manually set the default of 1920x1080 on Android TV box to fit his tv screen, without setting for 4K and pushing at expanding it, which would make the chipset overloaded by extra bandwidth required to allow a wider display. By allowing a 2K setting be pushed somewhere below 4K, without extending beyond its bandwidth, the 4K standard has no head room for expanding the display area any wider than set in default. You would need a 8K tv box with a 4K panoramic tv, to keep a true 4K resolution.  Needless to say, we left the experimentation at their discression, at a later time.  It may work, it may not, but there you go, being at the mercy of technology.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2022, 04:11:22 PM »
What's HBO?

Hah! I remember staying up late and watching Skinemax with one hand on the remote just in case one of my parents got up.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2022, 04:44:22 PM »
Brain burn out today... assisting foreign speaking android TV user to manually adjust Screen resolution to fit a panoramic tv.  Basically 2280x1080 screen, but no specs were given.  Mostly on assumption from end user. Technically he was to use ADB to manually set the default of 1920x1080 on Android TV box to fit his tv screen, without setting for 4K and pushing at expanding it, which would make the chipset overloaded by extra bandwidth required to allow a wider display. By allowing a 2K setting be pushed somewhere below 4K, without extending beyond its bandwidth, the 4K standard has no head room for expanding the display area any wider than set in default. You would need a 8K tv box with a 4K panoramic tv, to keep a true 4K resolution.  Needless to say, we left the experimentation at their discression, at a later time.  It may work, it may not, but there you go, being at the mercy of technology.

Are you an online tech or something?  Or phone tech?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2022, 05:49:59 PM »
What's HBO?

Hah! I remember staying up late and watching Skinemax with one hand on the remote just in case one of my parents got up.

The other hand. Lolol

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2022, 06:05:08 PM »
 Nope, a glutton for punishment. Ha!  Actually some of the sites I randomly drop in at times have the not so usual troubles. Some of which are more difficult when translation back and fourth is unfriendly.  Been more of a reader, of the sites for the last 7 years.  One of which as programmer hackers. Not the sort of hackers you hear about with cyber security.  The hackers are computer hardware, in making patches or incomatible hardware functional.  I did my own hack on making a Panasonic BluRay writer for HP become a Sony through hacking the firmware loader. Once completed, it had been fully updated with full features, that were never released with stock Panasonic firmware.  After a few years the site went poof, and my hack was lost forever.  I still have some of it in my head, so the act of doing another can be done, just no reason to, since such hardware is no longer a hot item for rippers. There are a few other cool threads lost because of sites poofing. One was about my Dell 9402 Laptop.  Its one of the few with dual M.2 slots in a 14" foot print. I got it just before Corona released for 2021. The thread was about modding it with upgrades, and benchmarks.  Dell soon changed it to the Insprion 14, which is still being sold, but is inferior. One of my rants was about expecting Corona to cheapen hardware while making it more expensive. Well, I need not fear my theory being wrong.  Funny thing is all the sites that have reviews on the 9402 are after I had completed my own thread. Yet none come close. Goes to show reviews are a box of chocolates with mostly creme filled fluff.  Luckily my only surviving thread is alive and kicking. Actually gained over 10,000 views since Corona, and I had not bothered to make any updates. Which frightens me,  because I am not one to be a center of  much of anything.  I blame google search, as the topic is old car modifications, with a car hardly anyone knows about, now these days. Not that is is a rare and expensive car to own, it is just the opposite, like get your own and customize, why make my toy a personal drooling machine. Its not that special. Ha!  Believe me its not even close to being assembled, and looks pulled from a wrecker.  Gosh my round about has gone wonky again. Going to stop, as my brain will keep going elsewhere, where it stops, nobody knows. Ha!