Author Topic: Random bits and what nots  (Read 11434 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Random bits and what nots
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2022, 08:07:37 AM »
That's got to be the drugs talking. I don't think anyone remembers being a baby that young.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2022, 08:14:07 AM »
I'm sorry. Circumcision?  What's that got to do with it?

That seems to be of each person's understanding.  Some parents in the US feel its not a requirement and fear undo stress on baby.  As for me I remember details of child birth and early months of being a baby.  Early in my toddler life, the birth segments that I had remembered, gave quite the horrors with creating nightmares. Not that the subject has made an effect on me, it was more seeing the doctor and nurse in scrubs, with out reached arms, while feeling restrained,  was the most effective at creating long term nightmares.

So the mention is wide on ones thoughts of being a victim. Just knowing you made a choice to effect other person, that is long lasting, can make you a victim of guilt, as well as the person who is effected by it.  I have no issues for my self, but some guys do later in life, when penis and performance, may be of importance. 

Not to make an issue from how I see what can effect a baby in general, just everyone is different by levels of interpretation around them when being victimized. I say half of the victimizers don't see teasing in play an issue (when in the act of teasing is a dominance thing), as it is part of growing up and learning to deal with others.  Being some who are more dominant, may learn how much they can get a way with actions, before someone is hurt by it, and some don't by level of connection to others.  Yet not all understand emotionally what teasing is all about from a personal level.

Example it took years to understand others.  I had no inherent greed, ambition and much social needs, from being partially autistic. If you don't perceive some actions as victimizing, you can still be a victim unknowingly. Which after time of repetitive actions, may pop up once realized what kind of victimization has occured. In some ways its a mater of perspective.  If you live your life thinking about the past, you are a victim of your self, by letting the past control you.

Gosh I think I did a royal round about again, in trying to make many thoughts around a simple question, into what I think covers the angles.  I am sure more can be said.  Not everything I point out is as broad as I want it to be, mostly its what I see as important to get at the core, from my understanding.  If I  thought more like you, per say, I would come off at another angle from different experience that have importance.

You can't be serious?

This can’t be the same guy in the other thread that remembers being a puppy can it?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2022, 08:18:46 AM »
That's got to be the drugs talking. I don't think anyone remembers being a baby that young.

Science generally accepts that we cannot remember anything from the birthing experience, and very little prior to the age of three unless it's a major life event (some people claim to remember the birth of siblings, as early as the age of two). In many cases of supposed early memories, the person is actually remembering expressions of that early memory, like photos or family stories.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2022, 08:20:18 AM »

Science generally accepts that we cannot remember anything from the birthing experience, and very little prior to the age of three unless it's a major life event (some people claim to remember the birth of siblings, as early as the age of two). In many cases of supposed early memories, the person is actually remembering expressions of that early memory, like photos or family stories.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2022, 08:23:04 AM »

Yup, that was my understanding.  This came up on Easter as my brother claimed to remember something from very young and everyone was like "no you remember the pictures and stories, there's no way you actually remember that"

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2022, 09:03:12 AM »
Yep, i do still remember birth sequences.  It was dream like so until i was older and found what a birth was like. I could not comprehend what I knew.  You must understand toddlers have limited understanding with what most take for granted.  Unless a toddler has hospital experiences, and or has watched R movies... tv dramas, which back then seemed very clean with details,  their concept of reality is much different until experienced first hand.  I can recall what I remember, but it's not as detailed as when I much younger.  In fact i recall seeing lights... like alien ships go over head in darkness of night. The lights reminded  me later when I had an affinity for Sci-Fi with mom staying up with me. War of the Worlds.  Until later when I was able to travel around at night in car, I noticed street lights, and knew then what I must have seen while a baby was night time street lights.  They were back to back shining on both roadways in the center median.  But still could not think of it being real for me, until later.  Mom told me that she would take me out on a drive at night to help make me sleep, when I was a few weeks old.  Some how the street lights moving over head was remembered very well.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2022, 09:16:56 AM »
Equal parts WTF and Welcome aboard.

Yep, i do still remember birth sequences.
No you don't.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2022, 11:22:03 AM »

No you don't.

I am not sure, what to say... sounds like a backhanded complement.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  I explained myself honestly to a members question the best I could, in my round about way, I may have included too much facts.  I have been known many a time.  The most memorable is when a manager asked me a question, as I had been multi tasking.  He stopped me and said, "Do you know what you just said? It was complete nonsense, but what really troubles me, is I understood you completely." 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2022, 02:17:39 PM »
Are you sure you're not Yakov Smirnoff?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2022, 04:17:17 PM »
Are you sure you're not Yakov Smirnoff?

Ha!  I have an odd sense of humor.  Its a mix of Dan Akroyd, Billy Connolly, Robin Williams and Steve Martin.  Talk about Steve Martin... My aunt at one time was in his house.  For a one time visit. She borrowed the toilet, and found that the old style, with take above basin,  had been extended higher than normal, with a short chain. The only way to flush was to close the lid, and stand on top pf the toilet to pull chain. Ha!

The Robin Williams is rare to others, as it is more like my brain, fast and hard to get words out proper.  Like when I was multi tasking, and answered a question. My brain fired off, but words did not come out as I expected.   Once I quickly told a girl on the bus, after she said excuse me... that the bus was not equipped with a restroom, and she had to leave the bus for that.  Needless to say her big bro was behind her, and ready to toss me out the window.   If you really want to get someone not so happy take a block of wood and frost it nicely with choccy frosting.  Many look at you oddly when trying to cut it.   Which most of my cousins who have been around me knew sort of what to expect.  Unfortunately, being untrusted, one cousine had the last laugh on me.  I had given him a Delaware Punch.  It's a non carbinated drink in a funny looking circus paterned can.  He waited til I got a good gulp and quickly tickled my throat to check if I had swallowed.  Needless to say, I blew it all out my nose. That stang and was one of the worst feelings.

Most of my gags or fun moments are like Harpo Marxx.  Where I don't have to say much, but catch the right moment as things unfold.  Like leave a one sheet empty toilet roll on the roller, and place a good roll too far to reach, where it sits on a shelf, in view.  My old apartment.  Where one must pull up trousers and carefully make it to reach the roll.  If a gent thinks about it, he could grab a towel off the rack, and carefully whip the roll down, without need to get up.  Its my modification to Steve Martin's bathroom gag.

Because it is easier to get strangers unexpectedly... I use a very very old Bob the Bobcat Goldthwait joke, when I can't help it. Only twice, I have been able to. You must be in a pet shop, and stick around the hamsters.  When you hear a child say, what's the difference between a hamster and a gerbil?  You quickly say, a hamster has more dark meat. I do a wee twist Aykroyd style.  I include a percentage of 20% more, to the dark meat punch line.

Well, needless to say I was to post another bit to my odd assortments of such. Will add it in another reply.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2022, 04:19:55 PM »
Hello normal!  Yep normal is here to stay. What ever you find big or small, that can be changed, will change.  Gone are the days of being stuck in mediocrity. You are no longer in the world of the given. Centuries are counted as decades, now. Generations are beamed light years away. In some ways, not far enough.

Normal is a flash in the pan, crimson sunrise in your tequila, to start your day.  Only til sun down, when nuclear rainbows outline the dance floor, and leave everyone looking the same.  All to be replaced with something else, by dawn... by someone else. The paper boy, home delivery, or Amazon?  Do you wear it, even if it doesn't fit, or eat it, thinking its good fiber?

Will the normal change you forever, or will you ever tire of normal? To loose your self in the same yet stable state, to hold on to, before it's gone forever.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2022, 04:54:20 PM »

No you don't.

I am not sure, what to say... sounds like a backhanded complement.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  I explained myself honestly to a members question the best I could, in my round about way, I may have included too much facts.  I have been known many a time.  The most memorable is when a manager asked me a question, as I had been multi tasking.  He stopped me and said, "Do you know what you just said? It was complete nonsense, but what really troubles me, is I understood you completely."

You're not sure what to say?  :lol

I think the rest of us feel the same mate. 

Those drugs you speak of, can you send me some, they sound like just what I need after the last few months I've had.  :rollin
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2022, 04:54:54 PM »
What about music mate?  You're obviously a DT fan, what else floats your boat?

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2022, 05:52:11 PM »
[qu+ote author=wolfking link=topic=57419.msg2877266#msg2877266 date=1650668094]
What about music mate?  You're obviously a DT fan, what else floats your boat?
[/quote]

Well, I had to do a search, as recalling requires more than right out of the blue answering.  Mainly because I don't catigorize names and titles much.  Sometimes my mind can recall spontaneously.  Here is a list of primaries.  Did not look at cd names much, as my list was big enough.   Some are just one release only. For a while I started to feel, I was death to good bands. Once I found them the singer died or the band poofed. Badlands, released 2 more after their Badlands title. Being enough material in the studio. Museum was like tool, in like one CD every 10 years. Ha!  Though each release was scarcer than the other. Only 2 that I know of from the LA band.

Helloween, Kamelot, Jaco Pastorius, John Coltrain, Scorpions, Blues Travler, Sonata Artica, Some free CD handed out in 2001 by Roadrunner records (mix) at the Atlanta GA Tool world tour 2001,  A demo CD from a Brazilian rock band called Electrika CD called S.O.B., Badlands,  Concrete Blonde, Bela fleck and the Flectones,  Black Sabbath, Ozzy Ozborne, David Gilmour, Guns n Roses, Joe Satriani, Radio Head,  Stevie Ray Vaughn, Museum,  Tangerine Dream, and a mix of bands that are to be found on radio.

Note:  Badlands, Electrika, Museum are bands I found on my own, and not on radio or tv.  I did not listen much on radio, as it bored me. Most have been from others while growing up, or from class friends, or from seeing live performances.

The reason those are mostly played, is because I never get bored with them, like DT.  Though some are just one album or a narrow selection.  If you like Creed and also like alternative sounds,  Electrika has a nicely done play, even though half the songs are in Brazilian, all songs are quality.  Though it is impossible to find, like Museum Lost CD, but you would have a better chance finding Lost.  Museum is like David Bowie's NIN sounding Outside CD.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2022, 05:57:34 PM »
Old school 80's rock. Nice.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2022, 06:26:28 PM »
For a while I started to feel, I was death to good bands.

I've long felt that way about myself and TV shows.  Almost every show I get into ends up getting cancelled or turning to shit sooner rather than later.

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2022, 06:36:20 PM »
  yeah, but its a good mix evenly of 70s 80s 90s and on up.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2022, 06:46:49 PM »
Yeah, that's a real nice selection mate.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2022, 06:49:53 PM »

Well I'm 54 soooooo...

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2022, 06:54:04 PM »

Well I'm 54 soooooo...

A few behind you mate!

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2022, 06:55:04 PM »
[author=Stadler link=topic=57419.msg2877288#msg2877288 date=1650673588]

I've long felt that way about myself and TV shows.  Almost every show I get into ends up getting cancelled or turning to shit sooner rather than later.
[/quote]

Oh, I have felt that way, in waiting for some scandi and UK shows.  It took 2 years to get Cordon in english subtitled.  Waiting for Missions series 3 to be in english as well. By the time any of the foreign shows get released, I have practically forgotten about them. Ha!

Ever since Game of Thrones, the Irish show Jack Taylor has been on delay.  They have yet to cancel.  Also Corona has slowed shows.  There is two Aussie shows,  Jack something or another, with Guy Pierce and the other is called Mystery Road, based on the two movies, with the same character.

Corona has messed with a lot of tv programming.  There was an obscure UK corona edition program with guests playing themselves for a play. Of which they are video chatting back and fourth.  The episode with Samuel L Jackson was a hoot.  He played a typical irritated version of himself. The series too a while to move along, but it was worth catching that episode.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2022, 07:16:19 PM »

That's why I don't watch any tv shows. As in NONE.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2022, 07:19:07 PM »

That's why I don't watch any tv shows. As in NONE.

Yeah, same.  People at work all the time talking about all these different shows on Netflix and sitting there watching a marathon of some TV show, I can't stand it.  I have zero interest in any TV shows.  Sport and music for me.

EDIT: Whoops! lol.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 08:12:57 PM by wolfking »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2022, 07:19:54 PM »
I never said all of that!  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2022, 07:21:08 PM »

Sounds like you bub.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2022, 07:22:18 PM »

Wolfking and I see eye to eye on things. ;D In fact, I apparently said it for him! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2022, 07:22:43 PM »
 :lol

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2022, 07:51:23 PM »

No you don't.

You're not sure what to say?  :lol

I think the rest of us feel the same mate. 

Those drugs you speak of, can you send me some, they sound like just what I need after the last few months I've had.  :rollin

Forgot to say, as I had bounced in and out of this thread.   You don't want to see me on drugs.  It's bad enough on diet dew decaf.  Ha!  Techie work mates would shake heads on why.  I like the flavor, but that's me.   I have a built in optimistic good vibe built in.  The closest example is Forest Gump movie.  Not that I him, just he never feels down and out.  Also like him, I have had a few instances of stumbing into odd and interesting things, that go as everyday in acceptance, yet to others its more than everyday so to speak. I am not one to dwell on details and such, but may pop off with what ever gets triggered by convo.   Like the Steve Martin bathroom. Not many hear it from me, but I share as I go with my thoughts.  So if you hear me talk about drugs... it's nothing I have experienced for myself. Though it does not mean I haven't been around it by others partaking such activities.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2022, 08:13:29 PM »

Wolfking and I see eye to eye on things. ;D In fact, I apparently said it for him! :lol

:lol

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2022, 12:29:46 PM »
After a small discussion on a techie forum, I had to add my reply here as a brief thought, I shared.

It bothered me when I heard the words, "You think?"... Now I don't hear it much.  As a bothersome replacement, "Yeah, I get it" is starting to bother me.

I think, I can get back at them, by saying "You think", after they say, "I get it". Or run them together and say, "You think, you get it?".

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2022, 05:07:12 PM »
After a small discussion on a techie forum, I had to add my reply here as a brief thought, I shared.

It bothered me when I heard the words, "You think?"... Now I don't hear it much.  As a bothersome replacement, "Yeah, I get it" is starting to bother me.

I think, I can get back at them, by saying "You think", after they say, "I get it". Or run them together and say, "You think, you get it?".

I think I get what you're saying.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2022, 05:33:05 PM »

You think?

Offline Unknown-Comic

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2022, 06:43:09 PM »

You think?

So, you you both think!  Why am I feeling I am not getting it? Ha!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2022, 06:50:07 PM »
Tim (TAC) just dug himself out of his time capsule so his missed a lot in the last 3 decades.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2022, 06:57:18 PM »
Anyone know where I can pick up a TV Guide?