Author Topic: Marvel Studios' Thor: Love And Thunder, OUT NOW! SPOILERS now inside!  (Read 8207 times)

Offline The Letter M

https://youtu.be/tgB1wUcmbbw

I figured we could have a dedicated thread for THOR LAT in case no one sees the trailer post in the main MCU thread.

Gotta say, this is one scintillating and colorful teaser. I love how much we get to see without them really spoiling too much of the film. Plenty of returning faces including the Guardians Of The Galaxy, Kong, Valkyrie, and Jane Foster as The Mighty Thor!

There's a LOT to unpack from these 90 seconds, but I think my favorite part of it is just how many looks and costumes Thor seems to go through in this film, from working out in a customized trucker hat (originally the old school "Earth's Mightest Heroes The Avengers" logo scratched out to read "The Strongest Avenger"), to a brief shot of his full on blue and gold armor, and what's been dubbed Ravager Thor in a fun sleeveless red leather coat, ripped right out of the 80s comics.

I'm also glad they didn't show the film's main antagonist in this teaser. Gotta leave something for the first full trailer!

-Marc.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 09:48:59 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Let's not forget Zeus, who I think got more (non face) time in the trailer than Jane Foster's Thor.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

Let's not forget Zeus, who I think got more (non face) time in the trailer than Jane Foster's Thor.

I'm excited to see how they handle other pantheons of gods, especially now that we've introduced the Ennead in Moon Knight. I wonder if we will see any Greek gods other than Zeus, or maybe a reference to (A)Thena from Eternals.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
Going with 3 friends just so I can ask for tickets...

Four for Thor four.

Online ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
Going with 3 friends just so I can ask for tickets...

Four for Thor four.

Four Thor and seven years ago. . . .

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
The Fantastic Thor.

Wait, wut?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Letter M

Gotta love these new posters for the movie!

-Marc.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
How would one go about scoring one of these posters? My kid has fallen head over heels with Jane's new look, and I'd love to score it for a gift for her?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I would imagine there will be several vendors that would make those and other similar designs available. 

Displate has some really cool Thor posters, and I would imagine they will definitely have some Love and Thunder designs shortly:  https://displate.com/sr-artworks/marvel-thor

But a quick Google shopping search indicated that a few places supposedly have bootlegs of those specific designs already:  https://www.google.com/search?q=thor+love+and+thunder+poster&client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=APq-WBtKWRq25eanQm-j5H5pV3J2rcaA-g:1650581516390&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj7udOnn6b3AhVAEEQIHQcsAqwQ_AUoA3oECAEQBQ&biw=1472&bih=689&dpr=1.3
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Letter M

I would imagine there will be several vendors that would make those and other similar designs available. 

Displate has some really cool Thor posters, and I would imagine they will definitely have some Love and Thunder designs shortly:  https://displate.com/sr-artworks/marvel-thor

But a quick Google shopping search indicated that a few places supposedly have bootlegs of those specific designs already:  https://www.google.com/search?q=thor+love+and+thunder+poster&client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=APq-WBtKWRq25eanQm-j5H5pV3J2rcaA-g:1650581516390&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj7udOnn6b3AhVAEEQIHQcsAqwQ_AUoA3oECAEQBQ&biw=1472&bih=689&dpr=1.3

I'm sure most places like Spencer's Gifts or FYE will carry posters like these.

Regarding Displate, I have much distaste for Displate because they've been known to steal fanart and sell it without the original artist's permission, disregard their pleas to take down their art from their store, and refuse to credit and/or share profits with the artists they steal from.

-Marc.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Wow, didn't know that about Displate.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Letter M

Wow, didn't know that about Displate.

Yep, they were
outed by quite a few artists a couple of years ago
, one in particular that I've followed for over 8 years. Of course they didn't reply or respond to those accusations but they clearly even use people's art in their own ads. Quite a shameful practice so I always try to make folks aware of how awful they are.

But back to Thor, I'm hoping we get some really colorful full-cast posters in a month or two! The whole vibe of the film just works with producing really vibrant artwork!

-Marc.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
As much as I'm not crazy about the idea, I wouldn't say it makes them "awful."  I mean, really, any bootleg art, t-shirt, whatever on Ebay, Etsy, or other places is technically someone stealing somebody else's art. 

Offline The Letter M

The first full trailer was released about six hours ago!

https://youtu.be/Go8nTmfrQd8

-Marc.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
The first full trailer was released about six hours ago!

https://youtu.be/Go8nTmfrQd8

-Marc.

I'm keeping my expectations relatively low, but this looks good though.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
It looks like it is combining the fun of Ragnarok with the deadly seriousness of Gorr the God Butcher.  That may be a tricky balance to pull off.  I am optimistic.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Dream Team

Psyched.

Offline The Realm

Really looking forward to this movie and mostly love the trailer. I do find some of the humour a bit much though. Some of it is great and some of it is really jarring. Hopefully it all comes together though.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
They really captured the ridiculousness of that helmet with the action figure. Man that looks awful.

Offline The Letter M

https://youtu.be/AMS8jvHN32s

New ad revealing that tickets will go on sale next Monday!

-Marc.

Online Adami

So the first few reviews are out and they’re…not good. Seems a lot of it is so jokey that it’s coming off as a parody rather than an actual MCU film.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Bummer.

Just bought my tickets for next Tuesday.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Letter M

I'll be finding out myself come 3pm on Thursday afternoon, so in just about 52 hours from now. I'm avoiding most tv spots and online ads, and I'm definitely avoiding reviews, which can sometimes taint my expectations going in.

-Marc.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
I'll watch it Saturday or Sunday morning, but as I mentioned before, my expectations are very low.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
So the first few reviews are out and they’re…not good. Seems a lot of it is so jokey that it’s coming off as a parody rather than an actual MCU film.
If this turns out to be true, I think we'll finally know how far an MCU movie can push the humor before it backfires. It seems like they've toed the line at points in the past.

Online Adami

Yea, I'm seeing it Saturday. Still looking forward to it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin

74% on Rottentomatoes.  One of the lower MCU ratings, but still a good score so far.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I just finished reading the God Butcher storyline in the 2012 God Of Thunder series.  Gonna do a few more from that run, then move on to the 2014 issues with Jane as Thor, and then Unworthy Thor.  Lots to read in a week.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Hoping to see it at the local drive in on Saturday night.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

74% on Rottentomatoes.  One of the lower MCU ratings, but still a good score so far.

I typed a response about how in a irate that measure is and it had dropped to 72% at the time. Didn’t feel like posting it but just checked again and now it’s at 70.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin

I typed a response about how in a irate that measure is and it had dropped to 72% at the time. Didn’t feel like posting it but just checked again and now it’s at 70.

Yeah that only puts it over Hulk, Dark World and The Eternals....that really just shows how strong the MCU has been generally.

Online Adami

Yeah that only puts it over Hulk, Dark World and The Eternals....that really just shows how strong the MCU has been generally.

Yea, I've never really paid much attention to RT unless it's a SUPER high or low score. I'm more reading/listening to what people are saying. Just a little nervous about the direction to make this SUCH a comedy.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Got my tickets for Sunday

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Going first showing tomorrow!!

Offline The Letter M

I loved it. It was visually impressive and stunning, great music and score, and a lot more emotional stakes than I expected. There are a lot of layers to the many themes of the film, and I really liked where the film ended.

Also, be sure to stay for the mid and post credits Scenes!

-Marc.