Author Topic: Arch Enemy - Tyrants of the Rising Sun  (Read 1694 times)

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
Arch Enemy - Tyrants of the Rising Sun
« on: September 12, 2009, 08:36:29 AM »
Just watched it! First of: Its fucking :metal. I give 5/5 in Video quality & audio, crisp as hell.

Highlights:
  • Angela is except for being hot and fucking beast at growling an amazing frontwoman, rising the fist into the air, telling the crowd to do a moshpit and get them yelling, singing and clapping to the songs
  • The Ammot brothers, I love when they trade or playing the same solo together
  • Daniel Erlandssons drum solo, he can fucking solo, I love the samples he use and his start&stop technique
  • Nemesis
  • We Will Rise
  • Christopher Solo
  • Michael Solo (incl. "Intermezzo Liberté")
  • The Prize Ceremony, totally unexpected but cool, I love how Angela tells the crowd to rise their fists into the air when taking the pictures, I didn't get what prize they got though
  • Sharlee D'Angelos standing on the middle riser playing in the middle of one of the last songs
  • The old songs, Silverwing rocked, going to be nice listening to it and the other on the new album

All in all, a fucking great DVD, as good as Live Apocalypse, different set list, continent and crowd. If you haven't seen it yet, get it now! Its totally fucking worth every penny. And you that have seen it, what do you think of it?

Offline Shadow2222

Re: Arch Enemy - Tyrants of the Rising Sun
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 10:58:44 AM »
I want to resurrect this, as I am just discovering Arch Enemy. They had Nemesis in the newest Guitar Hero, prompting me to check them out. I really want to get this DVD as the songs I've heard so far are phenomenal.

Does anybody have similar death metal to suggest? I really like Children of Bodom and Amon Amarth if that's any indicator, and what Arch Enemy album should I listen to first?
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
Re: Arch Enemy - Tyrants of the Rising Sun
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 12:03:09 PM »
I want to resurrect this, as I am just discovering Arch Enemy. They had Nemesis in the newest Guitar Hero, prompting me to check them out. I really want to get this DVD as the songs I've heard so far are phenomenal.

Does anybody have similar death metal to suggest? I really like Children of Bodom and Amon Amarth if that's any indicator, and what Arch Enemy album should I listen to first?
In terms of which albums to listen to first, I personally would say Doomsday Machine as I think it is their most consistent record and Angelas voice is imo at it's most brutal here, although many consider Wages Of Sin to be their masterpiece. Anthems Of Rebellion is their most accessible though, and it has We Will Rise  :metal. Don't get any of their first 3 albums yet as they had a different singer, and although I love those albums many don't like his voice at all. I would also avoid Rise Of The Tyrant for a while, as the mix on that album is terrible, really muddy, and ruins it for me. And their most recent release The Root Of All Evil is a selection of re-recorded trakcs from the first 3 albums, so its worth saving until after you have heard the originals.

So yeah, I'd go for Doomsday Machine, it's the album with Nemesis on it and if you like that I reckon you'll love the album. The first track after the intro, Taking Back My Soul, is just ridiculously awesome  :metal