Dream Theater > Concerts and Set Lists

London 2022

<< < (3/3)

TAC:
What's weird in this video is that the crowd doesn't even stand up when the band hits the stage. They bust right into The Alien and everyone is just sitting there.

Pebsie:

--- Quote from: TAC on April 27, 2022, 08:22:33 PM ---What's weird in this video is that the crowd doesn't even stand up when the band hits the stage. They bust right into The Alien and everyone is just sitting there.

--- End quote ---

That's UK audiences for you. Sadly in the last 5 years or so we've gone from all standing to everyone seated for every show, and a few glaring looks if you dare to stand. It's a real shame. We're a terrible crowd and I'm surprised bands keep going out of their way to play multiple dates in this country rather than elsewhere.

TAC:

--- Quote from: Pebsie on May 02, 2022, 07:59:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: TAC on April 27, 2022, 08:22:33 PM ---What's weird in this video is that the crowd doesn't even stand up when the band hits the stage. They bust right into The Alien and everyone is just sitting there.

--- End quote ---

That's UK audiences for you. Sadly in the last 5 years or so we've gone from all standing to everyone seated for every show, and a few glaring looks if you dare to stand. It's a real shame. We're a terrible crowd and I'm surprised bands keep going out of their way to play multiple dates in this country rather than elsewhere.

--- End quote ---

I’ll be shocked if the Helloween audience sits Thursday night.

ErHaO:

--- Quote from: TAC on May 02, 2022, 09:29:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: Pebsie on May 02, 2022, 07:59:25 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I’ll be shocked if the Helloween audience sits Thursday night.

--- End quote ---

In my experience if you want an active crowd in The Netherlands (offcourse different than the UK), you don't plan a seated concert. It is not the standard. If you have seats, people (myself included) tend to treat it more as a "theater" type of show. I think it is more of a cultural thing. Seated are often classical music, musicals, plays etc. Thankfully most concert venue shows are standing (with some seating possibilites for those who need it).

The Curious Orange:
I don't know why DT insist on playing all-seated shows in the UK. There's never any atmosphere, the hardcore fans can't get good seats and the good seats go to people who are paying for premium packages. There's generally a better atmosphere when they play outside of London - London always seems to attract a crowd of people who look like they've turned up to see a band they've never heard of just to see what they're like - at a standing venue these guys would be at the back, but at an all-seater they somehow manage to get seats at the front - probably through corporate sponsorship hospitality or summink.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version