Author Topic: Any Corvette owners (or lovers) on here ?  (Read 1963 times)

Offline TheRich13

Any Corvette owners (or lovers) on here ?
« on: March 24, 2022, 05:19:12 PM »
I’ve been a Corvette lover since I was a little kid ! My first car was a 79 Camaro that I bought in 82 . Great car but not a Vette . My Friend Tommy had a 74 Vette , then a 69 Convertible, then the 78 Indy Pace Car , and Paul had a beautiful Silver 1980 with red leather interior and then sold it for the 78 Pace Car as well … it was always my dream to own one, and now my neighbor has a 2016 convertible which I begged him to sell to me but he won’t part with it.
Well my dream came true last May …I owned a 2011 Convertible Camaro that was very nice !
I started looking and found a beautiful Vette for sale at a dealer .. A trade in for a new one according to the salesman …This was the one ! If I couldn’t make it happen , then I would’ve just said it wasn’t meant to be … It’s a 2019 C7 LT2 convertible in Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic with Black and Red interior. It is awesome and it is now mine ! The color was a premium color option that year which meant more money to order and not as many made, and I get many compliments on it … I honestly thought the car was white until I was signing the paperwork and a white SUV parked nest for it  Looks white in the sun , light gray in the shade and has a bluish tint under the flourescent lights in the garage .
Any Vette owners or lovers wanna chat?
…Rich
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Any Corvette owners (or lovers) on here ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 06:14:36 PM »
That's awesome you got the car you wanted man.

My mom bought a 1990 corvette when I was 5 and had it for ages, so I grew up with vettes. I got to drive it quite often.

My favorite years are the 75 stingray convertible and the 1966 models. They do just keep getting better with each iteration though and the newest one looks amazing.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 08:26:20 PM by Phoenix87x »

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 06:26:20 PM »
American muscle cars have never been my thing. I'm more of a finesse kind of guy rather than brute force. That said, two of the most stylish cars ever were Vettes. Gotta admire that. Good friend in high school drove his dad's c3 all the time, so I spent a lot of time in that car. Cool ride.

WTG getting your dream car.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 07:07:26 PM »
Thank you !!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 09:09:15 PM »
My dad. For a school assignment back in high school I remember writing an essay about when he bought his first car, a Corvette. It was such a huge deal to him. He ended up selling it, I do not know why, either for financial reasons and/or because he and his new bride were starting a family and a corvette is not a practical family car. Maybe 20 years ago he bought one from a friend of his. He has entered it in some shows and won awards. To my knowledge he still rarely if ever drives it. I know my BiL drove it briefly after he married my sister, which I found a little offensive as I still have never driven it. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 05:22:03 AM »
I love Corvettes all the way from the original C1 to the current C8 (excluding the C4). I actually considering the new C8 as my next car but after driving one I was honestly pretty disappointed. I do love the C7, especially the z06.

Congrats on the car! Did you go for the auto or the manual?

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2022, 06:58:33 AM »
Thank you !
I did drive and enjoy a few manuals in my day , but with all the work traffic and snowbirds here in Florida, most days you cant get out of second gear … opted for the automatic but I have the paddle shifters which is kinda fun for when the roads are empty and I get the urge …

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2022, 07:07:09 AM »
My dad. For a school assignment back in high school I remember writing an essay about when he bought his first car, a Corvette. It was such a huge deal to him. He ended up selling it, I do not know why, either for financial reasons and/or because he and his new bride were starting a family and a corvette is not a practical family car. Maybe 20 years ago he bought one from a friend of his. He has entered it in some shows and won awards. To my knowledge he still rarely if ever drives it. I know my BiL drove it briefly after he married my sister, which I found a little offensive as I still have never driven it.

Similar story; supposedly my dad got a deal on a '67 and a '69 that didn't run, with a ton of parts (might even have been a third "parts car").   I know from pictures that he got both of them running, and he drove one for a while, don't remember which one.  It was a forest green with a black convertible top, and the story is a big block V8 (because my first car, a '73 Buick Centurian, had the same engine).  I remember it was a two-seater, but I would sit in the boot and poke my head out between the seats.  Ah the days of no child seats!!!

He sold them for the same reason as Cool Chris's dad: not a practical car for starting a family at all.  But since I was born in '67 and my brother was born in '69, it has provided endless fun in ribbing my dad for selling our "legacy" cars.  Not now, because of "life", but for many years I would remind him what those cars would go for on the open market...   :) :) :)

Offline FreezingPoint

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2022, 08:07:13 AM »
Love Corvettes. Some generations more than others, but even when my tastes have shifted to more European cars, the Corvette still has a special place for me. My dad has owned a 1998 torch red convertible for probably 20 years now. Been to Bloomington Gold a bunch of times, and took a factory tour probably 12 years ago. Can't remember the exact year but it was in the middle of C6 production.

I've wanted to pick up a "beater" C4 coupe with a manual for some time, but never got around to it. Maybe one day.
avenuex.bandcamp.com

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2022, 12:48:08 PM »
Vette's are a car that I really have never been disappointed in the design of, from a looks standpoint. Doubt I will ever be able to afford one, but I would be happy with almost any year but there is one that is my absolute dream if I was part of the 1%.

This year ('57) in this exact color:

beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline romdrums

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2022, 01:22:54 PM »
My Dad loved Corvettes.  He finally bought one about two years before he died.  It was a 2007.  Great looking car!  I only got to drive it once, slowly through his neighborhood.  My brother told me he got to drive it on the freeway!  Lucky.  His favorite model year though, was 1963, with the split rear window.  Like this:

The Daytona Blue up top and the Silver Blue below that were his two favorite colors.

After he died, I took some of my inheritance and did a custom drum kit with Drum Workshop.  It's a Collectors Series Pure Purpleheart Kit in the 1963 Corvette Daytona Blue to Silver Blue burst.  I thought it turned out really nice!

It was my way of paying tribute to him, getting his favorite Corvette colors on what is basically my Corvette!
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2022, 01:27:13 PM »
DUDE!  That is so awesome!  What a creative way to show tribute and pay homage.  And it looks great, too.  Those are classic 'Vette colors, especially the Silver Blue. 

Offline romdrums

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2022, 01:53:14 PM »
Thanks!  The finish is a hard satin finish, so it's got a more matte look to it, but DW did a fantastic job on the finishes. Now I just need to record with it!
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2022, 02:17:38 PM »
Those split windows are so sexy, and so, so expensive.

I'm going to be in the market for a new car at the start of the year and I really wish the z06 will be on lots but I can see that it'll be sold out for the next year at least. I'd love to drive one.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2022, 09:59:05 AM »
I'd love to have the latest ZR1 model.  Not a big fan of the new mid engine style.  I'll stick with my 2015 Camaro ZL1.  About half the cost of a ZR1 and insurance is much cheaper. :dunno:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2022, 02:20:30 PM »
Those split windows are so sexy, and so, so expensive.

I'm going to be in the market for a new car at the start of the year and I really wish the z06 will be on lots but I can see that it'll be sold out for the next year at least. I'd love to drive one.

New Z06 looks mental. I'm guessing it will be starting at at least $100,000?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2022, 03:05:32 PM »
I think I saw leaks that it was 90k starting. IMO if Chevy could refine the car just a bit more it would feel a lot better. Stepping into a c8 is much nicer than the parts bin c5 but there are still issues that seem lazy. The one I drove has stitching that was wavy and not uniform, and the passenger temp led was already half burnt out and this car was just barely used.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2022, 03:33:33 PM »
Man, that sounds just like my mom's 1990. She got it in 95 and I slowly watched pretty much everything brake, even stupid stuff just like the Gauge lights.

90K isn't too bad for something that powerful. A real budget supercar. Personally, I would probably get a Subaru STI first, but maybe later in life a Z06 might be on the menu.