Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102989 times)

Online pg1067

Re: 2022 NFL Thread
« Reply #2380 on: January 16, 2023, 01:26:40 AM »
Got home just in time to see the Ravens fumble on the 1 inch line and have a lumbering DE return it to the house.

That was one of the best things I've ever seen on a football field.  Wondering if he was going to run out of gas and get caught by Andrews (who almost drew a block in the back).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2381 on: January 16, 2023, 05:36:31 AM »
Seems like Burrow is destined to be the new LOAT. That goal-line fumble  :facepalm: On offense he went punt-punt-punt in the 4th quarter but his D held every time.

How crazy was it that there were 2 playoff games in a row where the QB turned it over 4 times and still won? Lawrence, Allen
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 05:42:53 AM by Dream Team »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2382 on: January 16, 2023, 06:10:23 AM »
As someone who had no real rooting interest in the game (although I did bet the Ravens +8.5 :P), I thought that was a clear block in the back on Andrews on the fumble runback, but the NFL can't let a pesky thing like a penalty get in the way of one of the most exciting plays of the year.

For some weird feeling, I think the Ravens are going to give the Bengals much more of a game tomorrow night than some think. I won't be surprised if they pull the upset.  John Harbaugh has a record  8 road playoff wins in his coaching career; he knows how to get his team up for a road playoff game.

I was so close to nailing this.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline emtee

« Reply #2383 on: January 16, 2023, 07:19:23 AM »
All in all they were entertaining games and fun to watch. I didn't come away from any of them thinking X or Y team was exceedingly superior. I underestimated the Giants. Tonight I expect Tampa to give Dallas all they can handle and eek out a victory.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2384 on: January 16, 2023, 08:01:48 AM »
Eh... the Vikings just good enough bend but don't break defense turned just regular old bad by the end of the season partly due to injuries. I injuries on the O line really hurt as well. I full expected then to lose the game. Though I was hoping for a pleasant surprise, it was not to be.

The Vikings losing should come as no surprise to anyone. They were probably the luckiest team during the regular season this year.
Let's say the Vikings lost 3 or 4 of those close games. They still win the division and end up in the exact same place in the playoffs. I dont think anyone thought they were 13-4 good. But i think they were 10-7 good. They definitely were worse twoarf the end of the season than they were in the middle of the season though, and that's not the way to be successful in the playoffs.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2385 on: January 16, 2023, 11:00:26 AM »
Tonight's match up might as well be an exhibition game.  Either team will not have a chance at the 9ers.  Frisco is one scary ass team right now.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2386 on: January 16, 2023, 11:53:34 AM »
The AFC games this weekend are probably the greatest ever example about a fundamental truth in the NFL. Neither Allen nor Lawrence nor Burrow "deserved" to win those games. Allen had 4 turnovers and was going against a THIRD string quarterback and only won by 3 pts. Lawrence had 4 turnovers. Burrow was against a backup and only threw for 200 yards and won in ridiculous fashion. My point? Football is a TEAM game; don't get suckered in by all this dumb QB vs QB clickbait nonsense. The only kind of fan who disputes this is the kind that believes Lawrence "willed" his defense to play better than Herbert's  ::).

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2387 on: January 16, 2023, 12:10:25 PM »
I think Mike Tirico deserves mad props for his call of the Bengals fumble return for a TD last night that flipped that game.  Incredible call of a HUGE play.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2388 on: January 16, 2023, 01:12:43 PM »
Honest question, do you guys think the Bills will get favorable calls throughout the playoffs in light of the Damar Hamlin situation? I sure hope the refs aren’t tempted to go there.

A lot of talk about where Brady might play next year. It must be nice to be able to choose what loaded team you go to every other year. He should choose the Texans instead, that would be a real challenge.

Speaking of Brady, you hear a lot of “he makes everyone better!” “He elevates the team!” Well he sure as hell didn’t do it this year, 8-9 and in the playoffs by a miracle and horseshoe. You know who actually elevated his team the most this year? Mahomes. Defense ranked in the 20s, terrible kicking game, yet 14-3 and first round bye. Mahomes had a 4th quarter lead in EVERY game this year but the D blew 3 of them. So 3 losses by a combined 10 points. His skill position players outside of Kelce are a bunch of has-beens/never-weres/don’t-know-yets.

If that’s not elevating your team, what the hell is?

And again, LOL Chargers  :lol.

I thought it was a team game, though?  You are remarkably consistent with your inconsistency in favor of Patrick M.  :) :) :)

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2389 on: January 16, 2023, 04:01:32 PM »
Bucs center Jensen activated from IR l, not sure if I should get my hopes up because of that. Score might just end up being like 13-10.

Edit, they're also getting all their starting corners and safeties back so they might actually have a chance.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 04:17:37 PM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2390 on: January 16, 2023, 07:33:38 PM »
So much for this being a good game.  The Bucs look like they stopped giving a crap the second Brady threw that horrendous pick, and the Cowboys brought their A- game (they get a minus because their clown kicker has missed all three extra points :lol).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2391 on: January 16, 2023, 07:35:22 PM »
That was a horrendous pick. He's been brutal all night. WTF? Can he not throw the ball anymore?

I have no idea what he has left or what team will pursue him. These owners are fucking stupid so someone might pay him.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2392 on: January 16, 2023, 08:14:07 PM »
This is probably the worst I've seen Brady look. Making terrible throws almost every time. Not on the same page with the WRs, yeah this game was done long back.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2393 on: January 16, 2023, 08:20:11 PM »
That was a horrendous pick. He's been brutal all night. WTF? Can he not throw the ball anymore?

I have no idea what he has left or what team will pursue him. These owners are fucking stupid so someone might pay him.

After such an amazing career, he really should have retired after the 2020 season just like MJ should have retired after the second Three-Peat. But these guys are wired to think they can do it forever. Going out on top is always better. Ask John Elway.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2394 on: January 16, 2023, 08:53:54 PM »
Yay he made one!

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2395 on: January 16, 2023, 09:25:58 PM »
Wow Brady looks terrible. Is that Ryan Leaf in disguise?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2396 on: January 16, 2023, 09:57:57 PM »
Alright, time to bounce dem boyz out of the playoffs again I guess.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline The Realm

« Reply #2397 on: January 16, 2023, 11:05:34 PM »
I watched lots of Bucs games this year and Brady looked the same tonight as he did in every other game. The Bucs fell into the playoffs, they really were not a good team this year. However, I was holding hope that Playoff Brady would miraculously appear but it wasn't to be.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2398 on: January 16, 2023, 11:07:19 PM »
Niners are well coached and they're a well rounded team. I'd certainly bet on them this time around. I wouldn't discount the possibility of Dallas pulling off the upset, tough. Mr. Irrelevant has only faced bottom tier pass Ds thus far. Dallas can get after the quarterback and they can force turnovers. The best he's faced is SEA twice, and Dallas is better at just about every level. This will be a good test for him.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2399 on: January 16, 2023, 11:11:48 PM »
It's funny I have more confidence in the Niners beating the Eagles than the Cowboys at this point.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2400 on: January 17, 2023, 06:00:10 AM »
Niners are well coached and they're a well rounded team. I'd certainly bet on them this time around. I wouldn't discount the possibility of Dallas pulling off the upset, tough. Mr. Irrelevant has only faced bottom tier pass Ds thus far. Dallas can get after the quarterback and they can force turnovers. The best he's faced is SEA twice, and Dallas is better at just about every level. This will be a good test for him.

Agreed.  Seattle's pass rush, which no one will confuse with Dallas', had Purdy rattled a bit in the second quarter the other day, and if Parsons and the other 'Boys can get to Purdy and force him into a turnover or two, Dallas can win the game for sure.  As good as SF has been, Dallas at their best has been as good (see: their annihilation of Minnesota, winning at Cincinnati). Consistency is their issue, however, and no one will be surprised if they show up and commit a bunch of penalties, turn it over a few times and lose 37-20.

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2401 on: January 17, 2023, 06:34:04 AM »

Totally. Dallas can beat anybody if they play the way they did last night.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2402 on: January 17, 2023, 06:52:10 AM »
Please let that be TB’s last game.  Painful reminder of why he shoulda retired 2 years ago.  :\
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2403 on: January 17, 2023, 07:11:45 AM »
Please let that be TB’s last game.  Painful reminder of why he shoulda retired 2 years ago.  :\

I don't get this.  Did you actually look at his stats from the 2021 season?  Why would of he retired 2 years ago? 

If felt like Brady and his receivers were not on the same page at all last night. Plus add how good Dallas's front 7 are.  The were disruptive all night.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2404 on: January 17, 2023, 07:24:31 AM »

I don't get this.  Did you actually look at his stats from the 2021 season?  Why would of he retired 2 years ago? 

If felt like Brady and his receivers were not on the same page at all last night. Plus add how good Dallas's front 7 are.  The were disruptive all night.

It wasn't ALL Brady; I know he didn't look good, but there were a couple really nice plays by Dallas, and a couple drops (I think Evans should have had that bomb with 3:00 left). Most of Brady's schtick is timing patterns and Dallas did a great job interrupting that. Plus, like on the first 2-point conversion attempt, they got away with some stuff. :). (Dream Team's head exploding in 3... 2... )

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2405 on: January 17, 2023, 08:22:03 AM »

Agreed.  Seattle's pass rush, which no one will confuse with Dallas', had Purdy rattled a bit in the second quarter the other day, and if Parsons and the other 'Boys can get to Purdy and force him into a turnover or two, Dallas can win the game for sure.  As good as SF has been, Dallas at their best has been as good (see: their annihilation of Minnesota, winning at Cincinnati). Consistency is their issue, however, and no one will be surprised if they show up and commit a bunch of penalties, turn it over a few times and lose 37-20.
Turnovers is where I suspect Dallas loses the game. They can get inside Purdy's head and force some errors. SF will do the same to Dak and negate that advantage, I think.

No matter how it goes I think we've seen this game before. Either in 93 or 95 minus the comeback.

He's still better than Petyon was in his last two years, and he won an Owl. TB can do the same thing if he and Sean Payton wind up in Denver. If he goes to Vegas he can put up huge numbers all for naught. If he goes to Denver he can compete for another ring. I have no idea what the third option is people keep talking about.   
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2406 on: January 17, 2023, 08:38:59 AM »
Sort of annoyed at the talk that Dallas' playoff woes are "behind them". They one one game against a team that didn't rise to the challenge of the playoffs.  This is still a McCarthy-led team, after all, and they are not generally known for being a disciplined team.  That will - at some point - come back to bite them.  It's just a question of whether that will be in one game (in which case they are out) or five (in which case, they have their own Owl).

My gut says Dak Prescott is not a Super Bowl champeen quarterback.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2407 on: January 17, 2023, 08:48:49 AM »
Sucks that Philly is going to end the Giants season (again).  My most hated team in all sports.  Oh well.  It won't sting so hard this time though because the fact the Giants are even here is incredible.  Hopefully they can be competitive though so the game is worth watching.  Told my gf that if the Giants beat Minny, I would buy a Giants jersey, but I'm going to wait until next season to do that.  I'd love to buy a Barkley jersey, but I'm not sure he'll be on the Giants next season.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2408 on: January 17, 2023, 08:52:43 AM »
Sucks that Philly is going to end the Giants season (again).  My most hated team in all sports.  Oh well.  It won't sting so hard this time though because the fact the Giants are even here is incredible.  Hopefully they can be competitive though so the game is worth watching.  Told my gf that if the Giants beat Minny, I would buy a Giants jersey, but I'm going to wait until next season to do that.  I'd love to buy a Barkley jersey, but I'm not sure he'll be on the Giants next season.
Nothing says your jersey has to be a current player's. Pick a player you admire and go for it. Hell, I'd probably go with LT, myself.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2409 on: January 17, 2023, 08:57:22 AM »
Nothing says your jersey has to be a current player's. Pick a player you admire and go for it. Hell, I'd probably go with LT, myself.

I was literally thinking that exact point (even down to the player).   

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2410 on: January 17, 2023, 08:58:10 AM »
My Red Sox shirt is Jim Rice.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2411 on: January 17, 2023, 09:00:49 AM »

Yeah, being a fan of the overachieving troublemaker I went with Randy Moss for my Patriots jersey.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2412 on: January 17, 2023, 09:04:26 AM »

Honestly, as a PSU alum, I'm a pretty big Barkley fan so he's actually who I would want.  But I still don't want to buy a jersey for a guy who might be on his way to another team.  If he re-signs, I'm going to get his jersey.  If not, I will think longer about it.  I already have a Giants jersey, for Osi Umenyiora.  And while LT may be a legend with the team, he has no meaningful value to me personally. I wasn't really into the NFL when he was playing.  I guess if I went with past player, Strahan or Manning would be who I'd want, but I feel like Osi also kind of represented that era of the team. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2413 on: January 17, 2023, 09:25:05 AM »

Totally.  My most-worn 49er jersey is Ronnie Lott.  Only thing I don't like about it is that it's cut like the jerseys from that era, so it's HUGE in the shoulders and really long because of those massive shoulder pads they used to wear.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2414 on: January 17, 2023, 09:28:41 AM »
It doesn't fit me any more (Hopefully that changes soon!) but I love my John Hannah 70's red jersey.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC