Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102943 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: 2022 NFL Thread
« Reply #2275 on: January 10, 2023, 07:07:01 PM »
That's fucking amazing.

I'm going to restrain the shit talking for now... Been battling Seattle for way to many years to assume anything.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2276 on: January 11, 2023, 08:25:01 AM »

Lamar isn't playing because he has no contract. When he went down with injury it was a huge wake-up call because he has no contract. There are those that say he will never play another down for the Ravens but I guess we will have to see.

The Ravens are out of their minds if they pay Jackson what he wants.  It seems clear that Jackson has zero intention of rushing back this season since he doesn't want to re-injure himself before trying to get his payday, so if he doesn't play this week and they lose, that will now be three seasons in a row where he didn't finish the season because he was hurt.  And as great as he was in 2019, his play hasn't consistently been close to that in the three seasons since.  Moral of the story is that Jackson has likely already peaked as an NFL QB (and you have a single playoff win to show during his peak), and giving big money to a QB who is likely to give diminishing returns is the best way to see your franchise spiral downhill, and that doesn't seem to be the Ravens way. 

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2277 on: January 11, 2023, 03:22:02 PM »

Lamar isn't playing because he has no contract. When he went down with injury it was a huge wake-up call because he has no contract. There are those that say he will never play another down for the Ravens but I guess we will have to see.

The Ravens are out of their minds if they pay Jackson what he wants.  It seems clear that Jackson has zero intention of rushing back this season since he doesn't want to re-injure himself before trying to get his payday, so if he doesn't play this week and they lose, that will now be three seasons in a row where he didn't finish the season because he was hurt.  And as great as he was in 2019, his play hasn't consistently been close to that in the three seasons since.  Moral of the story is that Jackson has likely already peaked as an NFL QB (and you have a single playoff win to show during his peak), and giving big money to a QB who is likely to give diminishing returns is the best way to see your franchise spiral downhill, and that doesn't seem to be the Ravens way.

The Ravens are f-----d either way though; John Harbaugh went all in on Lamar, and that offense is basically his backing band.   

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2278 on: January 11, 2023, 03:49:00 PM »

The Ravens are f-----d either way though; John Harbaugh went all in on Lamar, and that offense is basically his backing band.
Not to mention that they can only win by outscoring whatever their terrible D gives up any given Sunday. It's not just the offense that needs to be reworked minus Jackson.

Sounds like tag him and trade him might be the solution. I'll bet there's somebody dumb enough to send a high value pick their way for him.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2279 on: January 11, 2023, 03:59:09 PM »
Yep, they will likely tag him and then the fun begins.

I agree that the Ravens are f'd either way.  Jackson isn't great or durable enough to warrant the money he wants, but without him they will be in QB no-man's land, which sucks (just ask Jets fans :P :lol).

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2280 on: January 12, 2023, 07:07:21 AM »

I agree that the Ravens are f'd either way.  Jackson isn't great or durable enough to warrant the money he wants, but without him they will be in QB no-man's land, which sucks (just ask Jets fans :P :lol).

Speaking of which, the Jets are just the sort of team that would make that move...

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2281 on: January 12, 2023, 09:02:14 AM »
In fairness, nobody can pronounce Tagomonoplowa, much less pronounce it.

Isn't that a Polynesian potato vodka?
:lol

Seriously, best kept secret in clear liquors. I've usually got a bottle in my freezer, though I haven't drank vodka for years. My stepfather was a master of seeking out the best affordable wine and spirits, and that was a staple. Meyers dark rum and Friexenet Cordon Negro are the two other things I got from him and still swear by.

Yeah, I don't partake either, but I always keep one around for occasional visits from my son.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2282 on: January 12, 2023, 11:39:30 AM »

Speaking of which, the Jets are just the sort of team that would make that move...

I don't think he's leaving Baltimore, but if you did put him on the Jets current roster then I think it's reasonable to say we become Super Bowl contenders.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2283 on: January 12, 2023, 11:55:36 AM »

I don't think he's leaving Baltimore, but if you did put him on the Jets current roster then I think it's reasonable to say we become Super Bowl contenders.

If he plays at "Lamar JacksonTM" level, sure.  With that defense...

Are you interested in Derek Carr? I think that might be a nice fit too.  Would probably be better in the long term because I think if you're not going to bail entirely on Zach, Carr might be a good role model.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2284 on: January 12, 2023, 03:56:23 PM »
Carr would be my top choice for the Jets. If Jimmy G could stay healthy then I would like him as well but he can’t stay on the field. Getting Carr for relatively cheap (especially compared to Lamar) would be the best option, especially because some guys on the roster (Quinnen Williams) have earned a new contract as well. I truly believe the Jets are a QB away from competing, and Carr would fill that roster spot without completing mortgaging our future.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Skeever

« Reply #2285 on: January 12, 2023, 07:55:37 PM »
I'd be fine with the Jets paying big money to take a chance on somebody like Lamar. Give me a 2-year or 3-year deal that expires by the time you've got to pay talented rookies. Develop somebody in the meantime.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2287 on: January 14, 2023, 09:57:00 AM »
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35441956/nfl-officiating-scrutiny-seahawks-rams-controversy

I will concede that the running into the kicker call was not warranted. That was huge.

But all the others are calls that I’ve seen fall this way or that way for decades. They are judgement calls on the field, and it’s not all as blatant as this article makes it out to be.

You’re seriously going to tell me that that this game was the “worst ever” as this article claims? Didn’t the Rams themselves benefit from a horrible call when playing the Saints years ago? One that had a bearing on the Super Bowl at the time IIRC.

We’ve both lost and won games on “horrible officiating” and that’s just the human nature of the game.  So either make EVERYTHING reviewable and slow down the game, or live with the game for what it is.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2288 on: January 14, 2023, 11:37:24 AM »
I was not making any assertions. I merely posted the article for the reading pleasure of fellow football fans.  :) :)

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2289 on: January 14, 2023, 11:56:30 AM »
I was not making any assertions. I merely posted the article for the reading pleasure of fellow football fans.  :) :)

Totally fair.

My post was meant to be more of a small soapbox than an irritated rant.  Looking back at it, it reads like I was more annoyed than I actually was.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2290 on: January 14, 2023, 12:35:03 PM »

Totally fair.

My post was meant to be more of a small soapbox than an irritated rant.  Looking back at it, it reads like I was more annoyed than I actually was.

Kev has that effect on people.  ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2291 on: January 14, 2023, 12:51:39 PM »
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35441956/nfl-officiating-scrutiny-seahawks-rams-controversy

I will concede that the running into the kicker call was not warranted. That was huge.

But all the others are calls that I’ve seen fall this way or that way for decades. They are judgement calls on the field, and it’s not all as blatant as this article makes it out to be.

You’re seriously going to tell me that that this game was the “worst ever” as this article claims? Didn’t the Rams themselves benefit from a horrible call when playing the Saints years ago? One that had a bearing on the Super Bowl at the time IIRC.

We’ve both lost and won games on “horrible officiating” and that’s just the human nature of the game.  So either make EVERYTHING reviewable and slow down the game, or live with the game for what it is.

Imagine how many games of the past would've been different if they had the capabilities to measure like we do now.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2292 on: January 14, 2023, 01:17:33 PM »
It is absolutely fucking dumping rain where I'm at, and I'd say I live 15 miles from Levi's stadium. This game is gonna be a sloppy ass mess.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2293 on: January 14, 2023, 02:18:47 PM »
Okay official prediction time that will undoubtedly be wrong.

Wild Card Round

BUF vs MIA
CIN vs BAL
JAC vs LAC

SF vs SEA
MIN vs NYG
TB vs DAL

Divisional Round

KC vs LAC
BUF vs CIN

PHI vs DAL
SF vs MIN

Conference Championship

KC vs BUF

PHI vs SF

Super Bowl LVII

SF vs BUF
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2294 on: January 14, 2023, 02:24:41 PM »

Imagine how many games of the past would've been different if they had the capabilities to measure like we do now.

I’d be willing to bet the farm that the “immaculate reception” would have been called back if it happened today. Not just because of the question of the catch itself, but also because of the existing rule at the time that it could not bounce off a defensive player, making it a dead ball

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2295 on: January 14, 2023, 02:27:17 PM »
The quest for 14 in a row starts now!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2296 on: January 14, 2023, 02:31:08 PM »
It is absolutely fucking dumping rain where I'm at, and I'd say I live 15 miles from Levi's stadium. This game is gonna be a sloppy ass mess.

I've been meaning to ask how you guys are doing with all the floods?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2297 on: January 14, 2023, 02:34:50 PM »

Personally I'm good, our neighborhood is in a slightly higher area from the creeks. The other side of the freeway where I live, about 2 miles away, got hit good. My parents are in the most suspect area, they won't get hit, but every outlet road from where they live has been closed at least some of the time. They're in Rancho Murieta, bosk knows where it is, the Consumnes river runs right by it, and that's the one whose levee broke hard.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2298 on: January 14, 2023, 02:36:26 PM »

Personally I'm good, our neighborhood is in a slightly higher area from the creeks. The other side of the freeway where I live, about 2 miles away, got hit good. My parents are in the most suspect area, they won't get hit, but every outlet road from where they live has been closed at least some of the time. They're in Rancho Murieta, bosk knows where it is, the Consumnes river runs right by it, and that's the one whose levee broke hard.

Hopefully they have continued good fortune.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2299 on: January 14, 2023, 02:46:39 PM »

Yeah, it's an interesting town, since it's in rolling hills with stuff all around that doesn't really give you good sight lines to tell how it would be with respect to flooding from the nearby river and the creeks.  My understanding is that it is pretty safe.  But, yeah, it is also isolated, and there aren't easy ways to get in or out of the main roads close off.  Hope they stay safe, Chef.  I don't remember whether your brother is still in the area, but I'm close enough that I might be able to help if they need anything.  Let me know.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2300 on: January 14, 2023, 02:50:01 PM »

Totally fair.

Kev has that effect on people.  ;D

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2301 on: January 14, 2023, 02:56:56 PM »

Yeah, it's an interesting town, since it's in rolling hills with stuff all around that doesn't really give you good sight lines to tell how it would be with respect to flooding from the nearby river and the creeks.  My understanding is that it is pretty safe.  But, yeah, it is also isolated, and there aren't easy ways to get in or out of the main roads close off.  Hope they stay safe, Chef.  I don't remember whether your brother is still in the area, but I'm close enough that I might be able to help if they need anything.  Let me know.

It all the outlets...H16, Dillard, Scott are all flooded, so in the heavy times their only outlet is going east on 16 which adds an hour. Thankfully they added a strip mall in Rancho with a Bel Air and a Starbucks, so they really don't need much. My brothers are in Roseville and Elk Grove, both are in good spaces though. Thanks for the concern bud.

Back to the topic at hand... Niners are looking so good.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2302 on: January 14, 2023, 02:59:35 PM »
Yup!  2 drives; 2 scores.  And looking pretty good overall doing it.  It's funny because I find myself almost expecting perfect execution on every play, but despite some little misfires, they're looking pretty good.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2303 on: January 14, 2023, 03:02:00 PM »
I loved SF -9.5 today, but the talk about heavy rains and whatnot scared me, so I stayed away.

For some weird feeling, I think the Ravens are going to give the Bengals much more of a game tomorrow night than some think. I won't be surprised if they pull the upset.  John Harbaugh has a record  8 road playoff wins in his coaching career; he knows how to get his team up for a road playoff game.

Bills/49ers was my pick at work for the SB, but I won't be stunned if the Chiefs win it.  They have both the best coach and the best QB in the playoffs.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2304 on: January 14, 2023, 03:07:04 PM »
For some weird feeling, I think the Ravens are going to give the Bengals much more of a game tomorrow night than some think. I won't be surprised if they pull the upset.  John Harbaugh has a record  8 road playoff wins in his coaching career; he knows how to get his team up for a road playoff game.

Under normal circumstances, I could see that happening.  But they are really playing at a major disadvantage with their QB situation being so in flux.  Harbaugh is great at coaching his team up and having them prepared and ready to fight, but I just don't see them being able to go the distance with Cincy for 4 quarters.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2305 on: January 14, 2023, 03:15:12 PM »
Seahawks aren’t going quietly.

Whatever they figured out about the San Francisco defense, they pulled it off on that drive.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2306 on: January 14, 2023, 03:32:59 PM »
They are such an embarrassment to the NFL and to humanity in general.  I hope they lose so badly that the owners just give up the NFL franchise.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2307 on: January 14, 2023, 03:35:02 PM »
Y’all should’ve taken the 10 pts.  :xbones

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2308 on: January 14, 2023, 03:55:13 PM »
Never watched a Niner-Hawks game that meant something that wasn't an absolutely excruciating experience. Looks like this one will be more of the same.

Buckle in kids.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2309 on: January 14, 2023, 03:55:46 PM »
49ers have the lead back, but Purdy is starting to look shaky.  He is fine when guys are wide open or when he can throw a 3-yard pass to Kittle or Deebo who can take it for 20, but when the plays break down, it gets ugly; kind of like Jimmy G.  One of those plays has a turnover written all over it in the second half.