Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102985 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: 2022 NFL Thread (Brady butt-kissing session Volume 31)
« Reply #1855 on: December 15, 2022, 10:03:12 PM »
It could be that the Vikings and the Niners both win out. Both have very easy schedules. But I just can’t help but think that the new quarterback is going to make some sort of rookie mistake that costs his team one game. He will learn from it, But I just don’t think the defense is going to be able to protect him forever from all the things a rookie must go through.

But we’ll see
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1856 on: December 15, 2022, 10:42:10 PM »
Vikings probably lose 2 more games.  That gives the 49ers a bit of a cushion.  But if they beat Washington at home next week, which I think they will, they have a GREAT shot at winning out.  I don't disagree that a rookie QB can likely blow a game.  That's a VERY real possibility.  But to go into Seattle and win on the road in that environment in his second start, especially on a short week after a Sunday afternoon game, makes me VERY optimistic. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1857 on: December 16, 2022, 06:01:36 AM »
Philly has to keep winning the secure the division alone.  They are two games ahead of Dallas, but let's say for the sake of argument that the Cowboys win that game between the two in Dallas next week.  If Dallas wins out, Philly then cannot lose another game since Dallas would have the tiebreaker to win the division (head to head would be even, and Dallas would then win it due to better division records thanks to Philly's loss to Washington).  Of course, Dallas nearly lost at home to Houston last week, so they could pretty much lose any game left on their schedule, and with three of their last four being on the road, I expect them to falter in one of them.

To circle back to the AFC, the Tua fans this week are predictably all defensive about their guy having played like ass the last two weeks, but let's be honest, he was never and is not the MVP of that offense; Tyreek Hill is.  I have lost track of how many deep balls I have see Tyreek catch this year where Tua underthrew him and Hill had to slow down and wait for the ball.  I think the last few weeks have shown that Tua is still the QB most thought he was before this season (ya know, the guy the last coaching staff in Miami wanted to move off), but a great new coach and crazy talent at the skill positions have enabled him to have a mostly really good season.  With nasty weather in Buffalo this weekend, let's see how that Miami team does in a nice cold weather December game on the road.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1858 on: December 16, 2022, 07:34:03 AM »
Philly has to keep winning the secure the division alone.  They are two games ahead of Dallas, but let's say for the sake of argument that the Cowboys win that game between the two in Dallas next week.  If Dallas wins out, Philly then cannot lose another game since Dallas would have the tiebreaker to win the division (head to head would be even, and Dallas would then win it due to better division records thanks to Philly's loss to Washington).  Of course, Dallas nearly lost at home to Houston last week, so they could pretty much lose any game left on their schedule, and with three of their last four being on the road, I expect them to falter in one of them.

To circle back to the AFC, the Tua fans this week are predictably all defensive about their guy having played like ass the last two weeks, but let's be honest, he was never and is not the MVP of that offense; Tyreek Hill is.  I have lost track of how many deep balls I have see Tyreek catch this year where Tua underthrew him and Hill had to slow down and wait for the ball.  I think the last few weeks have shown that Tua is still the QB most thought he was before this season (ya know, the guy the last coaching staff in Miami wanted to move off), but a great new coach and crazy talent at the skill positions have enabled him to have a mostly really good season.  With nasty weather in Buffalo this weekend, let's see how that Miami team does in a nice cold weather December game on the road.

So, a quarterback hyped because he's got all world receivers and great coaching?  That NEVER happens.  Please.   

;). :) :) :) :)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1859 on: December 16, 2022, 08:22:11 AM »
I don't see Mr. Irrelevant blowing a game for SF. Kid really does seem to be fairly unflappable, and I haven't seem him making stupid mistakes. Where SF might lose a game is when the rest of the team plays a bit flat and he's not enough to beat a team on his own. He's getting a ton of help right now. If a team manages to overpower that D, and any given Sunday and all that, he might struggle in a shootout. Or if Kittle can't concentrate because of a nasty case of crotch-rot and his biggest weapon becomes a liability, we'll see how good he really is, and it might not be enough for a decent NFL team.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1860 on: December 16, 2022, 08:32:48 AM »
I don't see Mr. Irrelevant blowing a game for SF. Kid really does seem to be fairly unflappable, and I haven't seem him making stupid mistakes. Where SF might lose a game is when the rest of the team plays a bit flat and he's not enough to beat a team on his own. He's getting a ton of help right now. If a team manages to overpower that D, and any given Sunday and all that, he might struggle in a shootout. Or if Kittle can't concentrate because of a nasty case of crotch-rot and his biggest weapon becomes a liability, we'll see how good he really is, and it might not be enough for a decent NFL team.

This.

Though I see the team letting him down to be unlikely; he and Kittle were on the TNF after show and it's pretty clear the team loves this guy and is doing everything they can to make him successful.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1861 on: December 16, 2022, 08:42:16 AM »
Football is a team sport.  There are no successful individuals.  You're either successful as a team or you're not.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1862 on: December 16, 2022, 07:03:31 PM »

So, a quarterback hyped because he's got all world receivers and great coaching?  That NEVER happens.  Please.   

;). :) :) :) :)

Yes, but I am pretty sure you are astute enough to understand the difference between Tua, who has a 2-month sample size of being above average, and, to pull a name out of a hat :P, Patrick Mahomes, who has a near 5-year sample size of being very good to great (great for 85% of it). :D

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1863 on: December 16, 2022, 07:52:11 PM »
Football is a team sport.  There are no successful individuals.  You're either successful as a team or you're not.

While an individual can definitely lift a team, this is very true, and at the moment as a team, the Niners are firing on all cylinders.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1864 on: December 16, 2022, 08:29:20 PM »

While an individual can definitely lift a team, this is very true, and at the moment as a team, the Niners are firing on all cylinders.

You don't say....
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1865 on: December 16, 2022, 08:47:49 PM »
Hey Bronco fans, are you ready for the official start of the Brett Rypien era this Sunday?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1866 on: December 17, 2022, 12:18:54 AM »
Hey Bronco fans, are you ready for the official start of the Brett Rypien era this Sunday?

:rollin :rollin :rollin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1867 on: December 17, 2022, 08:12:56 AM »
Where the Niners are concerned (and I don't want to take away anything from Purdy) but the Niners are relying on McCaffery and their D. The Niners are in deep doo-doo if they lose McCaffery.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1868 on: December 17, 2022, 08:32:19 AM »
Where the Niners are concerned (and I don't want to take away anything from Purdy) but the Niners are relying on McCaffery and their D. The Niners are in deep doo-doo if they lose McCaffery.

Definitely key....that's why they need Deebo back ASAP, he can keep the opposing D off of McCaffery and open up the offense a bit more. Honestly though, as long as the D keeps stuffing opponents, we are in every single game we play. 7 games in a row with allowing under 17 points, and 7 wins.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1869 on: December 17, 2022, 12:37:34 PM »

Not really.  I mean, McCaffrey has been huge.  But they've been "relying" on different players every week.  Every game, somebody new has a huge game.  I think they likely need him to have any legitimate SB hopes.  But even he went down next week (perish the thought!), I still think they are in good shape to make a decent playoff run.  [And Deebo is currently projected to be back in 2-3 weeks, for those who may not know]

Speaking of which, assuming the Colts don't blow a 33 point halftime lead, the 49ers will hold the #2 seed in about 90 minutes. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1870 on: December 17, 2022, 01:36:11 PM »
:rollin  Well, maybe I spoke too soon.  The effort out of the Colts is off the charts.  I don't know that I've ever seen a team work so hard to give up a 5 score lead. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1871 on: December 17, 2022, 02:09:23 PM »
Getting screwed out of that fumble return TD was a killer. You don't want the 2pc to be the final play of the game. They could have had the try and 3 minutes left if they didn't succeed.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1872 on: December 17, 2022, 03:05:35 PM »
Matt Ryan deserves better than for this to be his legacy.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1873 on: December 17, 2022, 03:17:08 PM »
Matt Ryan deserves better than for this to be his legacy.

I mean, I guess so??

I mean, the play of both QBs kind of was below average and the game reflected that.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1874 on: December 17, 2022, 03:21:56 PM »
Wow, Indy. Just wow. :lol

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #1875 on: December 17, 2022, 04:11:14 PM »
I didn't bother with the game after seeing it was 20-0...simiar to the game against Buffalo. I started watching Silicon Valley.

Then I see on twitter the greatest comeback in the history of the NFL and I just rolled my eyes.

I think this game or the game against Buffalo was a bit of a mirage..but when you get trounced 40-3 at home just a couple of weeks ago, and fail to comeback against Detroit last week.

I don't think the Vikings defense is good enough to beat good teams that have good offenses.

I'd love to be wrong and see this run of comeback after comeback will eventually not happen against good teams that have good defenses especially.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1876 on: December 17, 2022, 04:13:28 PM »
I literally just found out they won, last score I saw was 30-0 and blew it off. Fucking A.

On a side note, my kid and her bf are at the Buffalo game today, pray for their collective warmth please. :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1877 on: December 17, 2022, 04:23:51 PM »
Depends on who they are rooting for.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1878 on: December 17, 2022, 05:12:14 PM »

They're pretty hardcore Buffalo fans. She group up just south of Buffalo, which I guess countered my Niner influence, and that of her grandfather who not only grew up Niner, but played for Dallas in the late 60s. She probably knows more about football from him than most guys I'd bet.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1879 on: December 17, 2022, 05:37:50 PM »
Also...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1880 on: December 17, 2022, 05:38:58 PM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1881 on: December 17, 2022, 05:42:25 PM »
Ha!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1882 on: December 17, 2022, 06:08:11 PM »
I dozed off at 23-0 on the couch and woke up to 36-34.  Crazy.

The Vikings have one and done written all over them come playoff time; their defense is absolute trash.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1883 on: December 17, 2022, 06:43:30 PM »

They're pretty hardcore Buffalo fans.

Well, since it's you, I'll only wish a mild case of frostbite on them.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1884 on: December 17, 2022, 06:50:38 PM »
I literally just found out they won, last score I saw was 30-0 and blew it off. Fucking A.

On a side note, my kid and her bf are at the Buffalo game today, pray for their collective warmth please. :lol

That stadium is so much fun. I love going there.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1885 on: December 17, 2022, 07:21:09 PM »

That stadium is so much fun. I love going there.

She swears they're not the ones throwing snowballs.  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1886 on: December 17, 2022, 07:29:56 PM »
I dozed off at 23-0 on the couch and woke up to 36-34.  Crazy.

The Vikings have one and done written all over them come playoff time; their defense is absolute trash.

Agreed.  And yet...the Colts couldn't manage to drive down and get a field goal for almost the entirety of the second half and overtime.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1887 on: December 17, 2022, 07:54:33 PM »
This is a bad look for Bills fans.  Throwing snowballs at players and the Miami sideline is neanderthal behavior.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1888 on: December 17, 2022, 08:04:29 PM »
They are usually better except for dildos.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1889 on: December 17, 2022, 08:32:59 PM »
I knew there was a reason I was getting bad vibrations from those fans.