Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102991 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (Brady butt-kissing session Volume 31)
« Reply #1820 on: December 12, 2022, 08:50:55 PM »
Holy shit! TWO offensive touchdowns??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1821 on: December 12, 2022, 08:56:25 PM »
Holy shit! TWO offensive touchdowns??

They can best up bad teams. I need to see a win against a good team.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1822 on: December 12, 2022, 08:56:58 PM »
When talking to Vinatieri about the Tuck Rule game, Peyton asks him about the 45-yarder in the blizzard, "What was going through your mind? And was it distracting knowing that Brady had just fumbled?" (and he said it in a way that was meant to be cheeky)

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1823 on: December 13, 2022, 04:27:49 AM »
I love watching them.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1824 on: December 13, 2022, 06:12:48 AM »
Brady signing the ball Greenlaw picked off him is the most awesome thing ever...

I don't know if you mean that ironically or not, but I think it IS awesome.  Tom knows his place in the game and despite what many say about his attitude and him being a dick (and by the way, not all of it is wrong; I think El Barto is largely right, for example), he's still got an awareness that that means something to that guy.  Quality, classy, IMO.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1825 on: December 13, 2022, 06:15:42 AM »
Kraft's people have made a lot of noise behind the scenes this week. Now that the Cards have lost Kyler, the Pats have no excuse.

What noise?  What excuse, to not lose?

Interesting listening to Troy Aikman - who I like more and more every week - who said he doesn't know even ONE defensive coordinator that would make a good offensive coordinator. 

I think Bill is holding out for Bill O'Brien, and I also think that Bill is not worrying about coddling Mac Jones in order to avoid another Brady scenario where a player gets SO tied to the assistants around him that he cannot adapt.  Whether Bill is right or not, we'll see as it plays out, but I do think Bill knows (as in "is aware") of what he's doing and has a reason for it, whether we agree or not. 

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1826 on: December 13, 2022, 06:17:14 AM »
I love the Manningcast.

Peyton said that he went back and counted all the forehead jokes over the past year and that's how many pictures of Eli without a shirt we're going to get. 

I thought the Manning-cast was excellent last night.  Viniateri was great too.

Both of them, but mostly Eli, has taken to saying "right after this play, where McCoy throws a slant down the seam, I have another picture and a question for you..." and boom, McCoy throws a slant down the seam.  These guys both know football at such a high level; it's amazing to me that the players on the field don't have that same level of comprehension.  I know it's real time, and I know they have angles and what-not, but they predict the plays so frequently, it's amazing to me.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1827 on: December 13, 2022, 06:24:26 AM »
Only reason I watched last night was because I had some coinage on the Patriots -2.5, which worked out nicely.  Thanks again to the Hoodie and his squad.  :tup :tup

(you are telling me I get BB minus only 2.5 against a doofus coach and a young QB whose play is regressing?  Sign me up!  I actually felt less confident when Murray got hurt and McCoy had to play QB)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1828 on: December 13, 2022, 06:31:12 AM »
Only reason I watched last night was because I had some coinage on the Patriots -2.5, which worked out nicely.  Thanks again to the Hoodie and his squad.  :tup :tup

(you are telling me I get BB minus only 2.5 against a doofus coach and a young QB whose play is regressing?  Sign me up!  I actually felt less confident when Murray got hurt and McCoy had to play QB)

I didn't have money on the game, but I felt the same way. 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1829 on: December 13, 2022, 06:36:53 AM »
Brady signing the ball Greenlaw picked off him is the most awesome thing ever...

I don't know if you mean that ironically or not, but I think it IS awesome.  Tom knows his place in the game and despite what many say about his attitude and him being a dick (and by the way, not all of it is wrong; I think El Barto is largely right, for example), he's still got an awareness that that means something to that guy.  Quality, classy, IMO.

I mean it in the best of ways... Greenlaw was actually hesitant about asking, but when he approached Brady he was more than glad to do it.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1830 on: December 13, 2022, 07:16:18 AM »
Dallas signs T.Y. Hilton WR.  Good move.  OBJ definitely wasn't the guy.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1831 on: December 13, 2022, 08:25:54 AM »

I didn't have money on the game, but I felt the same way.
Absolutely. That's why I kind of scoffed when TAC suggested they had no excuse. They may well have played better had Murray not gotten hurt, but McCoy represented a different game than they'd planned for, and the team was going to play for him. It could just has easily have been better for AZ for both of those reasons.

Also, holy shit, Josh Ushe! Dude went slap wild last night. Patriots now have two of the top ten sack leaders.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Dream Team

« Reply #1832 on: December 13, 2022, 08:31:19 AM »
I think the BB vs TB discussions are missing a couple key points. Currently BB has a better record in a MUCH tougher division. Last year BB went 10-7 with a rookie QB. Brady got out of the AFC East just as Josh Allen was ascending and before Dolphins/Jets were vastly improving due to McDaniel/Tua/Saleh. The division Tom went to was imploding due to the retirement/decline of Brees/Ryan/Newton. It's really not apples to apples. Of course the Bucs won a Super Bowl but that team was stacked on both sides of the ball.

I was wondering why Tom was still in game late in the 4th quarter down 35-7? There's no logic to it. Blaine Gabbert needs reps once in awhile if he's ever needed due to injury or something. I mean, the Niners sat Brock Purdy because the game was out of hand. I just don't think it's a team first decision at all.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1833 on: December 13, 2022, 08:34:10 AM »
I was wondering why Tom was still in game late in the 4th quarter down 35-7? There's no logic to it. Blaine Gabbert needs reps once in awhile if he's ever needed due to injury or something. I mean, the Niners sat Brock Purdy because the game was out of hand. I just don't think it's a team first decision at all.
I was wondering the same thing, but I think it might come down to Bowles picking and choosing his battles. Kind of looks like Brady is already trying to be co-head coach. Pulling him would have sent him over the rails, and that might have been a hill Bowles didn't want to fight on.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1834 on: December 13, 2022, 08:39:06 AM »
I was wondering the same thing, but I think it might come down to Bowles picking and choosing his battles. Kind of looks like Brady is already trying to be co-head coach. Pulling him would have sent him over the rails, and that might have been a hill Bowles didn't want to fight on.

Which says everything you need to know about Todd Bowles, in my view, and none of it is good (I'm not a fan).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1835 on: December 13, 2022, 08:41:30 AM »
He's always fought not to come out.   No surprise for me there.  People always want to pit Brady and BB against each other.  You don't win 6 without both.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1836 on: December 13, 2022, 08:43:47 AM »
He's always fought not to come out.   No surprise for me there.  People always want to pit Brady and BB against each other.  You don't win 6 without both.

I was thinking the same thing; I remember having the argument about how Bill was dumb for keeping Tom in late in games.  The dude wants to play.  Imagine that that's a dumb thing.  ;)

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1837 on: December 13, 2022, 10:20:00 AM »

I was thinking the same thing; I remember having the argument about how Bill was dumb for keeping Tom in late in games.  The dude wants to play.  Imagine that that's a dumb thing.  ;)

The problem with the "Dude" these days is that he's not playing well. Keeping him in the game these days, has more risk so yeah, it's probably dumb to keep him in a game that's not going well.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1838 on: December 13, 2022, 01:34:39 PM »

Someone might have to end TB's career for him.  He obviously doesn't have enough sense to get off the field.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1839 on: December 13, 2022, 01:39:43 PM »
Why are so many wanting him to sit down?  If he wants to play, he plays.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1840 on: December 13, 2022, 01:43:15 PM »
And while he's not playing to 2007 standards, he's still one of the better QBs in the league.   

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1841 on: December 13, 2022, 01:44:31 PM »
I don't get why TB has to retire.

He's doesn't have "it" anymore, but he's still a top-half QB in this league.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1842 on: December 13, 2022, 02:33:59 PM »

Someone might have to end TB's career for him.  He obviously doesn't have enough sense to get off the field.
As much as I don't like the guy as a person, that's really the last thing I want to see. Great players' careers ending as they're being carted off is a sad thing for anybody, much less the GOAT. It was bad enough just with Janikowski. I don't want to see it with Brady.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1843 on: December 13, 2022, 03:43:44 PM »

As much as I don't like the guy as a person, that's really the last thing I want to see. Great players' careers ending as they're being carted off is a sad thing for anybody, much less the GOAT. It was bad enough just with Janikowski. I don't want to see it with Brady.

Maybe he meant the someone as in the coach?  Reminds me of when Ben McAdoo benched Eli manning ending his streak of consecutive starts.  Basically a coach ending his career. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1844 on: December 13, 2022, 07:00:27 PM »

He is the Ric Flair of the NFL.  He will likely play till he has to be dragged off the field.  :lol :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1845 on: December 13, 2022, 07:06:25 PM »
 :lol

WOOOOOOT!!

LOL

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1846 on: December 14, 2022, 08:02:58 AM »

He's the only one putting himself at risk.  If it happens, it's all on him.  I'm sure all the golden boy fans would rather see him retire than be carted off the field.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1847 on: December 14, 2022, 08:28:16 AM »
In his 21 years, he's been only carted off once.  I was there.  Cheap ass play by Bernard Pollard tackling him at the knee in the 1st game of 2008.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1848 on: December 14, 2022, 08:58:44 AM »
Couple of random thoughts for the little I saw Monday night.....

So often, the NFL is a game of inches.  One play after McCoy gets hit which causes an INT, the Pats turn the ball over and it's returned for a TD by the Cards, tying the game.  Except...upon review, the TO is overturned (correctly) because the ball just barely touched the ground.  Five plays later, the Pats score to take a two TD lead.

Matt Judon:  a shame the Ravens couldn't afford to resign him (we met him at a trivia night of all things at a nice bar in Towson years ago).  He's been lights out for NE.

Speaking of the Ravens:  their 3rd string QB takes the field for the first time ever late Sunday in Pittsburgh at their own 1 yard line.  Brown proceeds to lead them down for a FG.  TE Mark Andrews is their current backup (for now).  I've been trying to work the kinks out of my arm, in case they need me down the road.......
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1849 on: December 15, 2022, 09:18:49 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaand we got the division.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1850 on: December 15, 2022, 09:21:52 PM »
Man, after those games against the Bears, Broncos, and Chiefs, I thought there was no way I could get super hyped for this season.

And then Jimmy G and Deebo get injured.

And yet I'm am the most hyped I've been all season.

Let's

Fucking

Gooooooooooooooooooooooo
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1851 on: December 15, 2022, 09:36:30 PM »
I want to offer my sincere congratulations to the Niners and all their fans here on the forum.

I sincerely hope you choke in the first round.  :lol
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1852 on: December 15, 2022, 09:38:04 PM »
I want to offer my sincere congratulations to the Niners and all their fans here on the forum.

I sincerely hope you choke in the first round.  :lol

Technically there's still no guarantee we have to play in the first round. ;)

But honestly I can't see the Birds losing two games in their final slate.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1853 on: December 15, 2022, 09:41:59 PM »
Yeah, top 3 seeds are very much in play.  If it comes down to a tie at the end of the season, SF has the tiebreaker over Philly, Dallas, and MN.  I think #2 is the most likely, but #1 is still not a huge longshot.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1854 on: December 15, 2022, 09:48:02 PM »
Yeah, top 3 seeds are very much in play.  If it comes down to a tie at the end of the season, SF has the tiebreaker over Philly, Dallas, and MN.  I think #2 is the most likely, but #1 is still not a huge longshot.

I feel great about #2, but I do feel like #1 is a huge longshot. Again, mainly because of the Eagles.

They just made the Giants their bitch and I can't see them losing the second match. Saints and Bears should be easy wins. Cowboys are always wild games for the Eagles and so that's the one solid potential loss. But even if they lose to the Cowboys and one other, that still leaves no margin of error for the Niners. Assuming the Niners drop 1 game I can't imagine the Eagles lose 3 under any circumstance.