Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102987 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (Bills/Rams tonight + Nintendo talk!!)
« Reply #665 on: September 11, 2022, 01:49:46 PM »
@ Bart, I'm glad you're encouraged by today's game, but I did expect this game to be competitive. They are simply not making the plays that need to be made.

I'm quite discouraged by it, honestly.
All we've heard about the last six months is how terrible they're going to be, and how they're going to ruin Mac Jones. That's really not what we've seen. So long as Mac shows improvement and they haven't sank the ship there's reason to be encouraged.

edit: Also, Adam Archuleta is officially the dumbest guy calling games. He really doesn't have a clue about anything. Makes you miss Aquib Talib.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #666 on: September 11, 2022, 02:47:45 PM »
Game of the year already in Cincy.  Steelers/Bengals game was amazing.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #667 on: September 11, 2022, 07:23:51 PM »
Live look at Sheldon impersonating Gisele's reaction to the latest sack on TB12:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #668 on: September 11, 2022, 07:27:03 PM »
I think it was more like this..

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #669 on: September 11, 2022, 07:34:20 PM »
 :lol :lol

Online Dream Team

« Reply #670 on: September 11, 2022, 07:49:13 PM »
Well I have to eat crow, you naysayers were right about Mahomes sucking without Hill. Only 44 pts and 5 TD passes, pretty shitty overall. Get his bum ass out of town and bring back Alex Smith.

But in all seriousness, you guys who thought a generational talent was going to miss a receiver  :rollin. Now Rodgers on the other hand . . .

Offline faizoff

« Reply #671 on: September 11, 2022, 09:28:22 PM »
Bucs defense was solid, offense was shaky but didn't matter. Cool first game win for Coach Todd Bowles.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Skeever

« Reply #672 on: September 12, 2022, 07:39:56 AM »
There is lots of legit talent on this Jets team, and I enjoyed watching them. Some awful mistakes that cost the Jets the game, but some great moments too. DJ Reed will be good. Sauce Gardner will be good. Garret Wilson will be good. Many of the rookies were playing their first snap of NFL football, and all had shining moments. It's not the "same old Jets", but it's going to take time. Let alone we still need to see if Zach Wilson can step up, once he's healthy.

The Jets had more yards on offense than the Ravens, more first downs, and met them toe-to-toe on turnovers also. Too bad about the mistakes in the beginning and on special teams. This is a young team with a lot of promise that has many rough edges. I like Saleh as a player coach but I wonder if he's got what it takes to take the raw talent of young players and coaches into something that can win games.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #673 on: September 12, 2022, 07:56:19 AM »
I didn’t really enjoy the Packers strategy of not covering Justin Jefferson.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #674 on: September 12, 2022, 08:55:43 AM »
Well I have to eat crow, you naysayers were right about Mahomes sucking without Hill. Only 44 pts and 5 TD passes, pretty shitty overall. Get his bum ass out of town and bring back Alex Smith.

But in all seriousness, you guys who thought a generational talent was going to miss a receiver  :rollin. Now Rodgers on the other hand . . .

Yep, one game, against the Cardinals. That should seal up Canton.  ;)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #675 on: September 12, 2022, 08:59:00 AM »
@ Bart, I'm glad you're encouraged by today's game, but I did expect this game to be competitive. They are simply not making the plays that need to be made.

All we've heard about the last six months is how terrible they're going to be, and how they're going to ruin Mac Jones. That's really not what we've seen. So long as Mac shows improvement and they haven't sank the ship there's reason to be encouraged.

edit: Also, Adam Archuleta is officially the dumbest guy calling games. He really doesn't have a clue about anything. Makes you miss Aquib Talib.

I'm kind of with Bart.  That drive was decent.  The secondary seemed to be making good plays in open space.   I don't know; it's one game, and I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #676 on: September 12, 2022, 09:15:23 AM »

I'm kind of with Bart.  That drive was decent.  The secondary seemed to be making good plays in open space.   I don't know; it's one game, and I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet.
My prediction for this season was as carbon copy of last season, and that's what I took away from yesterday's game. I wouldn't call this team a contender, but they'll have a stretch in the middle of playing very good football (people forget they were a top five team last year for a chunk of the season), and be not quite good enough to really go anywhere.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #677 on: September 12, 2022, 09:54:30 AM »
The end of the season they got 3 rough games against teams that should be fighting for high seeds.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #678 on: September 12, 2022, 10:00:23 AM »
The end of the season they got 3 rough games against teams that should be fighting for high seeds.
Buffalo won't be fighting for nothin come January 8.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #679 on: September 12, 2022, 10:02:10 AM »

Maybe KC for the #1.  Now that only the #1 gets a bye.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #680 on: September 12, 2022, 10:06:30 AM »

E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #681 on: September 12, 2022, 10:09:17 AM »

Not with KC being in the AFC West and BUF being in the AFC East. The Chiefs are gonna have to battle for their division while the Bills are basically a lock to win theirs barring injury. Because of the quality of teams in their divisions, the Bills should have a few more wins than the Chiefs from those games.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #682 on: September 12, 2022, 10:19:45 AM »
Dak Prescott being out with an injury doesn't even matter.  Dallas' season was done before it even got started.  Can't believe I was dumb enough to pick those fuckers last night. :loser:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #683 on: September 12, 2022, 10:32:11 AM »
Dak Prescott being out with an injury doesn't even matter.  Dallas' season was done before it even got started.  Can't believe I was dumb enough to pick those fuckers last night. :loser:
That front 7 will keep them in close games, but without Prescott they're in deep shit. Their schedule isn't so terrible, they could conceivably come out of it 4-4 before his return. If they do that they'll still be in the hunt in a starkly mediocre NFC-E. Jerry needs to remind Zeek that he's auditioning for his next team right now. 
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #684 on: September 12, 2022, 10:41:14 AM »

Not with KC being in the AFC West and BUF being in the AFC East. The Chiefs are gonna have to battle for their division while the Bills are basically a lock to win theirs barring injury. Because of the quality of teams in their divisions, the Bills should have a few more wins than the Chiefs from those games.

The #1 seed in the east.  Not the AFC East.  Bills will have that wrapped up no problem. EB is probably right but KC is the only team that could possibly keep up with the Bills win total.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #685 on: September 12, 2022, 10:52:02 AM »

The #1 seed in the east.  Not the AFC East.  Bills will have that wrapped up no problem. EB is probably right but KC is the only team that could possibly keep up with the Bills win total.
I don't think they do. Buffalo will be 14-2 come the final week, and that will include a win over the Chiefs for the tie-breaker.
E.F. Benson

Online Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #686 on: September 12, 2022, 10:54:20 AM »
p.s. the Jets were what I thought they were.

LOL.

There's no hope for this franchise. Literally none.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - NOW AVAILABLE!

Order at www.roadstomadness.com/book.html!

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #687 on: September 12, 2022, 11:03:06 AM »
The Jets scored 3 times as many points as Dallas.  That's at least something.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #688 on: September 12, 2022, 11:18:57 AM »

I don't think they do. Buffalo will be 14-2 come the final week, and that will include a win over the Chiefs for the tie-breaker.

I'll say this again, I think they are the only team to have a shot.  It doesn't mean they will be in position to do so. 

Offline emtee

« Reply #689 on: September 12, 2022, 12:18:31 PM »
Lions lose again. Some things never change. Death, taxes, Lions losses.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #690 on: September 12, 2022, 03:12:21 PM »
That front 7 will keep them in close games, but without Prescott they're in deep shit. Their schedule isn't so terrible, they could conceivably come out of it 4-4 before his return. If they do that they'll still be in the hunt in a starkly mediocre NFC-E. Jerry needs to remind Zeek that he's auditioning for his next team right now.

Cooper Rush!   :).  They played a clip with Jerry Jones on Rob Dibble's show, and dammit, I almost felt bad for him.  He was clearly distraught.   I don't think for Dad the person, but for his team. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #691 on: September 12, 2022, 03:19:33 PM »

Yep, one game, against the Cardinals. That should seal up Canton.  ;)

I actually think Canton is sealed up, but the Cards suck. I said that I would expect KC to come back down to earth. I very well could be a year early with that prediction, but they started the season with a creampuff.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #692 on: September 12, 2022, 03:39:14 PM »

Cooper Rush!   :).  They played a clip with Jerry Jones on Rob Dibble's show, and dammit, I almost felt bad for him.  He was clearly distraught.   I don't think for Dad the person, but for his team.

Hey - at least Cooper has the right last name RUSH!  :tup :tup

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #693 on: September 12, 2022, 04:44:16 PM »

Oh, you mean close games of 3 points or less? :lol  They were in deep shit before taking the field.  I just didn't realize how much.  Zeke ran pretty good (no thanks to the O-line) and Dak was high fiving pass rushers with his follow thru (no thanks to the O-line).  Only one top receiver on the field doesn't get it done either.  Zeke doesn't really need to audition for anyone as he has already established himself in that regard.  Someone should remind JJ that he needs a substantial backup QB instead of promoting a guy from the practice squad behind Cooper Rush.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #694 on: September 12, 2022, 05:18:27 PM »
KC won't be fighting for the 1 seed. They will be duking it out with the Chargers for 2nd place in the AFC West after the Broncos clinch the division.  :hat :hat

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #695 on: September 12, 2022, 05:29:34 PM »
I'd love to see him fail. As a Brady fan. But, his worst year starting for them is 12-4 the last 4 years. I think it could happen but the % is small.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #696 on: September 12, 2022, 05:31:53 PM »
I don't get why Patriots fans hate Mahomes.  Oh, he is a threat to Brady's GOATness, right?  And the way the media talks him up is his fault, right?   :lol :lol :biggrin: :biggrin:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #697 on: September 12, 2022, 05:33:11 PM »
Bullseye!  Lol. Hey, I can be petty.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #698 on: September 12, 2022, 05:33:45 PM »
Can't we all, when it comes to sports? :P :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #699 on: September 12, 2022, 05:43:59 PM »
Lolol. For sure.