Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102941 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2022 NFL Thread
« Reply #455 on: August 12, 2022, 03:40:43 PM »
El Barto. I think you'll get a kick on how nuts Boston sports fans are and sports talk radio.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1558109875124592646?t=9snyNkX6PRq5ZM7H_0TJXw&s=19

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #456 on: August 12, 2022, 04:01:55 PM »
Nice pic with Steven A with the F&M crew. That was a great segment.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #457 on: August 12, 2022, 04:31:21 PM »
It was. Fun when they have guests on.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #458 on: August 12, 2022, 08:33:49 PM »
I actually feel for the Jets. Wilson may have torn his ACL in the 1st pre season game. That's horrific. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #459 on: August 12, 2022, 08:38:14 PM »
He could've wrapped his fucking stupid ass headband around it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #460 on: August 12, 2022, 08:57:47 PM »
I actually feel for the Jets. Wilson may have torn his ACL in the 1st pre season game. That's horrific.

I mean if he did I won’t have to waste my time watching football this season. This would be devastating. Wilson looked great in training camp this year and it looked like he was ready to take the next step.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #461 on: August 12, 2022, 08:59:12 PM »
It is heartbreaking to have this happen in the 1st preseason game where he may play 2 series.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #462 on: August 12, 2022, 09:57:17 PM »
I don't care about him, and fuck his team, but that really is awful. I hate to see that.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #463 on: August 13, 2022, 03:04:33 PM »
Proof that sometimes people don't think before they speak...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVQtFkSDx5g

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #464 on: August 13, 2022, 03:08:54 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9DfUvLg7ao

Reminds me of the sheer brilliance of Barkley.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #465 on: August 13, 2022, 03:20:45 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9DfUvLg7ao

Reminds me of the sheer brilliance of Barkley.

That clip is good and shows how great that show is.  Most analysts would have shrugged off the reactions and continued with their analysis, but Chuck gave a "come on, now" and just gave up.  :lol :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #466 on: August 13, 2022, 05:32:41 PM »
Sadly it was before everybody was tevoing everything, but the guy calling a Stars game showed a replay of a goal said "he just spread him open and slid it right in." As cringeworthy as anything I've head from a commentator.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #467 on: August 13, 2022, 06:06:33 PM »
Boston Bruins announcer in the 70's said,  "The Bruins are playing shitty hockey right now."

I looked at my parents and they were laughing their asses off. I was 7.  Lol

Offline Skeever

« Reply #468 on: August 13, 2022, 06:12:08 PM »
No idea what's the worse sign - Zach Wilson coming out and throwing an INT immediately or him going down on a contactless play with a knee injury

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #469 on: August 14, 2022, 07:14:06 AM »
Sadly it was before everybody was tevoing everything, but the guy calling a Stars game showed a replay of a goal said "he just spread him open and slid it right in." As cringeworthy as anything I've head from a commentator.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #470 on: August 15, 2022, 07:41:11 AM »
Baker Mayfield got the first series for the Panthers Saturday.

It was only one series in the first preseason game, so you can't really tell much, but at least he didn't look like shit, or injure himself.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #471 on: August 16, 2022, 07:07:53 AM »

It was only one series in the first preseason game, so you can't really tell much, but at least he didn't look like shit, or injure himself.

Sounds like you're a Panthers fan - I assume you strongly prefer him over Darnold?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #472 on: August 16, 2022, 08:05:39 AM »

Sounds like you're a Panthers fan - I assume you strongly prefer him over Darnold?
I don't know about "strongly" but honestly, I'm not thrilled about either one.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #473 on: August 16, 2022, 08:25:57 AM »
Shame about Joejuan Williams. Distinct possibility that the shoulder injury ends his career. And while he certainly didn't pan out as a number two pick, it's another one of those what-if kind of things. He was oft-injured, and played in a star-studded secondary for his first couple of years. I would have liked to see him go someplace to start for a season, and it doesn't look like that'll happen.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #474 on: August 16, 2022, 09:56:41 PM »
Shame about Joejuan Williams. Distinct possibility that the shoulder injury ends his career. And while he certainly didn't pan out as a number two pick, it's another one of those what-if kind of things. He was oft-injured, and played in a star-studded secondary for his first couple of years. I would have liked to see him go someplace to start for a season, and it doesn't look like that'll happen.
And there goes Malcolm Butler. His comeback season into a system in which he thrived could have worked out. Safe to say he's retired permanently now. Good day for Dream Team.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #475 on: August 18, 2022, 10:56:10 AM »
11 games for Watson and a $5mm fine. Cool. But most importantly a mandatory treatment program.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #476 on: August 18, 2022, 12:51:55 PM »
11 games for Watson and a $5mm fine. Cool. But most importantly a mandatory treatment program.

Well, let's hope it's something real - real treatment that he engages in - and not one of those touchy feely "diversity programs" which have been shown to be essentially useless.  It's the NFL, so it could go either way.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #477 on: August 18, 2022, 03:01:30 PM »

C'mon......I mean, this whole thing shouldn't even be a 'thing'. There is ZERO reason for him to be allowed to play at all. He's a serial sexual predator....period. One, two...heck even three girls come forward with a story then sure....maybe it's sour grapes or something like that. But the amount of women that accused him paints a pretty clear picture. And the fact that a team AND the league just ho hum through it is a joke.

Not to mention the dude isn't even all that good. Had a good season a few years back but what's he really done? Nothing.

The whole situation is a joke.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #478 on: August 18, 2022, 07:38:10 PM »
Meanwhile, Tom Brady leaves camp out of nowhere, and now Todd Bowles basically says they don't know when he will be back. Given how much Brady has channeled his inner Brett Favre recently, I won't be surprised if re-retires here in the next few weeks, while giving some pithy reason.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #479 on: August 18, 2022, 07:43:55 PM »
It's weird how the first said a date, now Bowles, who he wanted, says they don't have a date.

It would be a huge blemish if Brady has the coup only to screw them.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #480 on: August 18, 2022, 08:00:54 PM »
Let's face it, he's old (in football terms), and I wouldn't be surprised if he really started to feel it as camp moved along, and with losing his center for the year, which is a big loss, it wouldn't surprise me if he is looking for an exit strategy. He can play the "I need to focus on my family" card, and the media, which generally genuflects to him already, will lap it up and give him a pass.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #481 on: August 18, 2022, 08:03:35 PM »
Who the hell knows what he is thinking. Funny, he was better off under Belichick's thumb with the media. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #482 on: August 19, 2022, 09:47:11 AM »
Who the hell knows what he is thinking. Funny, he was better off under Belichick's thumb with the media.
The funny thing is that as much as he whines about not being treated better in NE, Bill would have taken the same approach as Bowles with this. He and Kraft would have given him all the time he needed.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #483 on: August 19, 2022, 10:23:48 AM »
Bill was light handed for days off so the arm got rest but not being there with the guys in preseason would be a no no.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #484 on: August 19, 2022, 10:49:17 AM »
Bill was light handed for days off so the arm got rest but not being there with the guys in preseason would be a no no.
But probably not worth rocking the boat over. Bill's not dumb. He's not going to tell Brady to be there or he won't play. Besides, TB always had Kraft as an ally.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #485 on: August 19, 2022, 12:04:09 PM »
He definitely did. 

Offline Skeever

« Reply #486 on: August 19, 2022, 01:50:45 PM »
Don't know if anyone checked out the Manti Teo doc on Netflix. I watched it last night, and came away feeling like the whole thing still does not quite add up...

One thing that keeps bothering me about this Untold documentary for Manti Teo is how I don't think they really ruled out one of the big theories suggested at the time: that Teo or someone close to him (if not multiple people) were in on the hoax.

Teo and his camp would obviously would never admit this, but there's no real scrutiny around the idea that he, the university, or someone in his camp could have been party to the whole thing.

Here's some initial issues I have: "Lennay's" explanations don't make total sense. How she got the "real" Lennay's picture to confirm her presence after being dead is never explained.

Also, the TV segment where she goes on Dr. Phil to do "the voice" while hidden behind a curtain is frankly, bizarre. Just because the Dr. Phil show accepted something they showed, doesn't mean I should accept it too.

The Deadspin reporters admit that they had thought about the idea of Teo or someone close ot him generating the Hoax, but that they never followed up because "owning" ESPN was their primary focus.

The Untold Doc shows us Teo and "Lennay" (speaking from an apologetic, forgiven state) of the event as if it's water under the bridge. It also seems easy enough for "Lennay" to take full credit for being an individual actor in her forgiven state.

Unfettered access to Teo was, I assume, granted contingent on the idea that the documentary would not take a serious probe into whether Teo, his family, or someone other than "Lennay" were involved in the hoax.

For that, we'd need full access to his texts, messages, etc., as well as "Lennay's", and with all parties (except for the public) seemingly more-or-less satisfied with how things have ended up, there's no reason why we should ever expect to get it.

Online faizoff

« Reply #487 on: August 19, 2022, 03:01:43 PM »
I saw the ad for documentary on Manti Teo, might check it out.

In Tom Brady news, there's an amusing take from this guy on TB's absence who thinks he's out because he's recording footage for the show The Masked Singer that's also on Fox.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Skeever

« Reply #488 on: August 19, 2022, 03:08:01 PM »
Whelp nobody's earned a longer leash as far as I'm concerned. Yeah I hate him forever, but the minute he steps on the field the Bucs, who would be a huge question mark without him, are instantly the best team in that division by a pretty wide margin.

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #489 on: August 20, 2022, 07:50:57 AM »
Whelp nobody's earned a longer leash as far as I'm concerned. Yeah I hate him forever, but the minute he steps on the field the Bucs, who would be a huge question mark without him, are instantly the best team in that division by a pretty wide margin.

I dunno - I was in this camp for awhile but now that I think about is - isn't this the perfect definition of 'quiet quitting'?

I have heard from one or two reporters that Tom looks miserable out there. I thought the same thing in camp highlights on the NFL network but I'm not a reporter.

I really think he wanted to go to Miami and it looks to me like he is just playing out his contract.

If I were the Bucs, I would be kicking the tires on Jimmy G.