Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 100246 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2022 NFL Thread
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2022, 06:14:19 PM »
How about the 2007 Patriots offense?  1st in total offense.  How did that work out in the Super Bowl?  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2022, 06:26:03 PM »
I always tip my hat to the Giants. What can you do.  Though Brady did score the game winning drive,  only to have the D blow it. :biggrin:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2022, 06:42:21 PM »
I always tip my hat to the Giants. What can you do.  Though Brady did score the game winning drive,  only to have the D blow it. :biggrin:

14 points, dude.  14 points.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2022, 06:50:41 PM »
Oh the O definitely sputtered at the end of the season.

I was at the Indy game where Moss made that one handed catch over the middle. That old stadium was so damn loud. It was earpeircing.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2022, 06:58:05 PM »
Can you guys STFU?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2022, 07:01:25 PM »
Shut it Needles.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2022, 07:04:27 PM »
Tim has grand designs for this thread and intends to bring it to the promised land.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2022, 07:09:59 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2022, 06:30:31 AM »
Bottom line is this; for all the debating and bickering and flat out hate, if you're a GM and you're starting a team and you can have any ONE QB and their career on your team, you're taking Brady and if you think about it, you shouldn't be in that job.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2022, 06:34:47 AM »
Bottom line is this; for all the debating and bickering and flat out hate, if you're a GM and you're starting a team and you can have any ONE QB and their career on your team, you're taking Brady and if you think about it, you shouldn't be in that job.

You speak from the luxury of hindsight........

Offline Skeever

« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2022, 06:37:58 AM »
Minus the interceptions. :lol

and the fun personality, or even being fun to watch in anything but the 4th quarter   ;)

And no dick pics sent. :lol

haha yeah, touche

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2022, 06:40:17 AM »

You speak from the luxury of hindsight........

Of course. 

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #152 on: April 13, 2022, 12:10:07 PM »
I am sure Brady could have strong armed the Bucs in to trading him, but it seems obvious now that he never had any intention of retiring and this was all just a ploy.  He really is the new Brett Favre.  :lol :lol

The only question now is, will we get to see him cry when he finally does retire?  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #153 on: April 13, 2022, 02:09:49 PM »
Derek Carr sure as hell cashed in.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2022, 04:31:19 PM »
Derek Carr sure as hell cashed in.

Wow. He’s way better than people realize so probably a smart move by LV.

Online faizoff

« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2022, 09:59:14 PM »
More Brady off-season drama!

Looks like the buyer of Brady's "last TD football" has settled with the auction site and won't be paying the half million they bid for the ball. From the article it says the ball was returned to the owner, who I imagine is not very thrilled about Brady un-retiring. Maybe TB will send an NFT and bitcoin his way.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2022, 01:30:42 PM »
Ugh. Not all is well in Niners land.

Jimmy G, who I like, is still on the team. If the team knows Lance is the guy this year I would have hoped they resolve that by now.

And now, the far bigger issue, is Deebo Samuel has requested a trade. HUGE blow. If he does get traded, this entire Niners offseason success will hinge on who they get for him, or, if draft picks, who they draft and how they do.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online faizoff

« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2022, 01:54:39 PM »
I saw that, he is a huge piece of that offense, wonder what makes him ask for a trade now?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline T-ski

« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2022, 03:38:21 PM »

Jimmy G, who I like, is still on the team. If the team knows Lance is the guy this year I would have hoped they resolve that by now.

And now, the far bigger issue, is Deebo Samuel has requested a trade. HUGE blow. If he does get traded, this entire Niners offseason success will hinge on who they get for him, or, if draft picks, who they draft and how they do.

Deebo is seeing all the money being handed out to WR’s and I’m guessing he doesn’t think he should be used as a RB/WR hybrid anymore.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2022, 03:47:07 PM »
Yeah, it's is exactly that. He doesn't want to run out of the backfield an average of 4 times a game which he is averaging. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2022, 03:48:38 PM »

Deebo is seeing all the money being handed out to WR’s and I’m guessing he doesn’t think he should be used as a RB/WR hybrid anymore.
He'd still get WR money. He's not even negotiating for his next contract with SF because he doesn't like his hybrid role. And considering the life expectancy of an NFL RB vs WR, he's actually got a decent point.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline T-ski

« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2022, 04:21:06 PM »
Yeah, it's is exactly that. He doesn't want to run out of the backfield an average of 4 times a game which he is averaging.

His carries increased as the season went on and he had 27 carries in the playoffs (3 games).
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2022, 06:13:26 PM »
Feels like the days of finding players (who greatly outperform their draft spot) for cheap in the draft and keeping them for the duration of that rookie contract are coming to an end as players have figured out that they can get paid elsewhere. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2022, 06:23:10 AM »
Something for any team wanting to trade for Deebo to think about: there are rumblings that he wants to be strictly a WR and not used a RB/WR hybrid the way he was last year.  Well, eight of his 14 touchdowns came from running the ball, plus 365 rushing yards, so if you trade for Deebo and give him the big money he wants, you probably have to do it knowing that you cannot use his talents in the way the 49ers did in 2021.  Obviously, he can still be a great WR being just a WR, as he had over 1,400 receiving yards last year - only 6 receiving TDs, but TDs are wildly unpredictable from one year to the next with WRs unless you're Jerry Rice in his prime - but it's something to consider. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2022, 05:37:11 PM »
Something for any team wanting to trade for Deebo to think about: there are rumblings that he wants to be strictly a WR and not used a RB/WR hybrid the way he was last year.  Well, eight of his 14 touchdowns came from running the ball, plus 365 rushing yards, so if you trade for Deebo and give him the big money he wants, you probably have to do it knowing that you cannot use his talents in the way the 49ers did in 2021.  Obviously, he can still be a great WR being just a WR, as he had over 1,400 receiving yards last year - only 6 receiving TDs, but TDs are wildly unpredictable from one year to the next with WRs unless you're Jerry Rice in his prime - but it's something to consider.

For me, Deebo went from a great player to a good player, without having played a down.  I'm a "put me in, coach" kind of guy, a Troy Brown kind of guy.  He's a weapon, and you're paying for that weapon.  This "I don't wanna this", "I don't wanna that" is billshot, IMO.  Put me in, coach. 

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2022, 08:44:43 PM »
Deebo... seen this show before...  AB 2.0

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2022, 06:29:59 AM »

For me, Deebo went from a great player to a good player, without having played a down.  I'm a "put me in, coach" kind of guy, a Troy Brown kind of guy.  He's a weapon, and you're paying for that weapon.  This "I don't wanna this", "I don't wanna that" is billshot, IMO.  Put me in, coach.

I get this, but I think the days of players just doing whatever coaches want them to do are coming to an end, and I am not sure that is a bad thing. Teams love to run players (RBs for example) into the ground knowing that they have a limited window to be highly productive, so they run them to death with no regard for their future to get as much as they can out of them.  And if players figure out that that strategy is not for the greater good of their longtime health and productivity and push back, I can't blame them.

Deebo... seen this show before...  AB 2.0

That seems unfair. I have seen of heard of zero behavior out of Deebo that indicates he is another Antonio Brown.  A WR being a diva, if that is what you want to call Deebo, is nothing new.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2022, 06:40:35 AM »
Players are keen to their shelf life, maximizing their payday and how long they can play these days.  Deebo is that player.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2022, 07:15:35 AM »

I get this, but I think the days of players just doing whatever coaches want them to do are coming to an end, and I am not sure that is a bad thing. Teams love to run players (RBs for example) into the ground knowing that they have a limited window to be highly productive, so they run them to death with no regard for their future to get as much as they can out of them.  And if players figure out that that strategy is not for the greater good of their longtime health and productivity and push back, I can't blame them.
Exactly.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2022, 07:41:45 AM »

Well, I can't blame them either on one level.  But we'll wait a few years and tally the number of trophies that the Deebo's and Tyreek's have versus the number of trophies the Gronk's and the Edelman's have.  It's all a matter of what your priorities are.  I don't root for Deebo to get 1,000 yards or 100 catches.  I root for my team to win the Super Bowl.  I don't tune in on Sunday to see what Tyreek gets in yards after catch; I tune in to see someone beat the Chiefs.  It's all a matter of your perspective.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2022, 08:37:41 AM »
Okay, but all of that is a false equivalency.  You can tune in wanting to see both.  One does not diminish the other.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2022, 08:55:33 AM »
Okay, but all of that is a false equivalency.  You can tune in wanting to see both.  One does not diminish the other.

I don't disagree that the one doesn't diminish the other, but as for false equivalency, it is and it isn't.  Out of 100 fans of, say, the New York Giants, how many became Browns fans when OBJ went west, and how many said "The hell with him" and rooted for the next guy on the depth chart?  I tend to think that outside of huge names like Brady, most people are beholden to the team not the player. 

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2022, 09:01:57 AM »

To some degree, you can certainly strike a balance, but one can, in some circumstances diminish the other.

If Deebo plays for the 49ers next year, but with the understanding he is only to be used as a WR, he can do well and the team can do well. But I think it would be hard to argue that the offense can be just as dynamic like that as compared to the staff playing Deebo however they please.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2022, 10:48:53 AM »

I don't disagree that the one doesn't diminish the other, but as for false equivalency, it is and it isn't.  Out of 100 fans of, say, the New York Giants, how many became Browns fans when OBJ went west, and how many said "The hell with him" and rooted for the next guy on the depth chart?  I tend to think that outside of huge names like Brady, most people are beholden to the team not the player.
Including big names. I've decided that Brady's a whiny little bitch. Fuck that guy. Not because he left, but because of how and why he left.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2022, 11:34:25 AM »

To some degree, you can certainly strike a balance, but one can, in some circumstances diminish the other.

If Deebo plays for the 49ers next year, but with the understanding he is only to be used as a WR, he can do well and the team can do well. But I think it would be hard to argue that the offense can be just as dynamic like that as compared to the staff playing Deebo however they please.

That isn't really what Stadler and I were talking about.  But I'm not so sure.  A big part of why they started using him the way they did is because their starting lineup was so depleted, Jimmy wasn't at full strength, and Aiyuk was not performing up to standard.  Shanahan was looking for options to try to make the offense start clicking when it was bogged down.  And although I think it is still perhaps premature to call him an offensive "genius" as many do, he's definitely an above-average talent in that regard.  I think they can and will be highly effective whether or not they employ Deebo the way they did last season.

As far as Stadler's and Barto's posts, I and a lot of other fans don't necessarily look at it that way.  I take teams and players on a case by case basis.  The 49ers will always be my team, but that doesn't mean I'll always root for every player they get.  For players that leave and go elsewhere, it depends.  Wherever Jimmy goes (unless it's the Rams or Seahawks), I'll root for him because I like him as a player.  If Deebo goes, it depends.  If it turns out that he in fact is a diva douchbag, then screw that guy.  But unless that revelation comes out, as it stands now, I like the guy, and I would root for him too.  On the flip side, when it comes to teams, 2 of my favorite teams since childhood, the Packers and Broncos, are almost unwatchable now.  Rodgers and a couple of others on that team have become insufferable, and it makes it hard to root for them for me.  And the Broncos...as long as they have Wilson on their roster, I will actively root against them.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."