Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 100292 times)

Offline Dream Team

Re: 2022 NFL Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2022, 05:07:28 PM »
Actually, isn't Brady on record as stating "90% of what I say is a lie"? So who knows when you're being played.

“I would say 90% of what I say is probably not what I'm thinking. Which is challenging, you know? And I really admire people that actually can do that, and say what they think, because they invite a lot of other things into their life. And I think there's part of me that doesn't like conflict."  - Tom Brady.

We all know this is meant as under Belichick, no info was to be given out so he answered with a non answer. Lie, sure but that was to not give info, not because it's what he does all the time.

Thanks for the correction, couldn’t remember the context it was said in.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2022, 06:20:31 AM »
I think another interesting question is this: does anyone think Brady would have unretired to play for an AFC team?

I don't.  I think he saw how soft the NFC had gotten (Packers lost D Adams, Rams are the champs and could very well have a letdown like many SB winners do, 49ers QB situation is still a question mark, Cowboys are always paper champs, etc.), and figured he would have an easy path to another Super Bowl appearance. 

Offline faizoff

« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2022, 06:33:42 AM »
The Bucs schedule is still very loaded this year. Granted they could very easily take the division thus getting into the playoffs, but nothing is guaranteed. I seriously doubt Brady comes back to go to another team, it means another reset in getting familiar with a new set of players, coaches, schemes, planning etc.. I mean sure it can be done, but if he's looking to win another SB, I would think the chances are higher when going back to the team you won with one year and got close in the other.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2022, 06:52:55 AM »
I think it's as much the duration as well.  I was sort of - well, not sort of, I WAS - confused why he retired one year before he sets all kinds of longevity records.  Correct me if I'm wrong, this season he becomes the oldest QB to start a game, the only QB to start a game at 45, and then all the things that flow from that (oldest to throw a TD, oldest to do this, oldest to do that...)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2022, 08:08:56 AM »
I still maintain that he never really intended to retire. In retrospect the talk may have been a way of gaining leverage. I think he always intended to play with Tampa, just not necessarily under the [then] current regime.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline faizoff

« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2022, 08:52:03 AM »
Arians has largely been a hands off type of coach, he's said so many times and always credits the coordinators and assistant coaches with the successes. With him gone, the coaching staff is still the same, he's just not going to be the one making the top level decisions. He still will be involved with the front office in some capacity.

I think at this point, most reporters and people in Tampa are scratching their heads with the Brady-Arians conflict that they now just joke about it. A few podcasts that I listen to of these guys were joking that Brady was there in conference room to make sure Arians quit.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2022, 09:10:35 AM »
from the outside it seems that there was issues with play calling.  The staff would call a play, Brady would see something else on the field and change the play so there was conflict going on there.  With who in the coaching staff we can guess.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2022, 07:47:48 AM »
From what I understand, Arians was an 8 to 5 head coach leaving the defensive game plan to Bowles and the offensive plan to Leftwich and Brady. When Arians came in on Tuesday he would dog-cuss the plan Leftwich and Brady came up with and began making changes. This really grated on Brady and was the supposed reason why he retired. He had already put up with BB's shit and he certainly wasn't going to put Arians bs.
The reason why they waited after March 1st was because there is an apparent loophole in the Rooney-Rule where you can hire the coach you want a without interviewing a black candidate. (This is what I heard in a podcast and I haven't fully researched it) The Bucs get a pass on this rule because they hired a black head coach.

Now, Arians will get a front office job, a salary and probably insurance so my guess is that he will probably be in the office a couple of hours a week and for the games OR he spearheads a wider foundation of getting women and black coaches in the pipeline. The coaching staff of the Bucs is half black (most in the league) and they have 2 women coaches on the coaching staff. You can thank Arians for that as he deserves a round of applause for especially seeing the potential for women as pro football coaches AND giving them the chance.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2022, 09:10:04 AM »
If you're referring to the rumor put out by that one guy who was a former Patriot who knew a guy who heard from another guy that Arians would cross out Brady and Byron's plans with a red pen, I believe Bruce was befuddled by that. I don't think their relationship was hunky-dory and it definitely had tense moments but I doubt there was a falling out. Bruce said as much he would cuss everyone out, so no surprise there.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2022, 09:22:35 AM »
If you're referring to the rumor put out by that one guy who was a former Patriot who knew a guy who heard from another guy that Arians would cross out Brady and Byron's plans with a red pen, I believe Bruce was befuddled by that. I don't think their relationship was hunky-dory and it definitely had tense moments but I doubt there was a falling out. Bruce said as much he would cuss everyone out, so no surprise there.

That guy had it right from the start.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline faizoff

« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2022, 06:57:22 PM »

That guy had it right from the start.

Saw that even Rich Eisen is addressing the Brady-Arians rumor

Rich Eisen’s Message to Everyone Who Still Thinks Tom Brady Forced Bruce Arians to Retire - YouTube
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 05:31:24 AM by faizoff »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2022, 07:13:56 AM »
Based on what Eisen is saying, it almost makes more sense that Arians didn't want to go but retired so Brady could come back, but actually WANTED to go for other reasons and only retired BECAUSE Brady came back and Arians could know his legacy was solid.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2022, 07:42:18 PM »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2022, 07:44:30 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2022, 07:45:49 PM »
Browns might want to hold onto Baker.

https://people.com/sports/deshaun-watson-to-answer-whether-he-had-sex-with-massage-therapists-who-supported-him/

Not that I am a Mayfield fan, but after the ridiculous contract the Browns gave Watson, a man who appears to have a lot of sexually deviant behavior, I hope Baker tells them to go spit if they hold on to him.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2022, 09:00:25 PM »

https://people.com/sports/deshaun-watson-to-answer-whether-he-had-sex-with-massage-therapists-who-supported-him/

Not that I am a Mayfield fan, but after the ridiculous contract the Browns gave Watson, a man who appears to have a lot of sexually deviant behavior, I hope Baker tells them to go spit if they hold on to him.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2022, 07:01:57 AM »

I'm sure there's more to it, like the variety is part of the attraction, and I'm sure there's an argument that these people are so self-centered that it never occurs to them that someone WOULDN'T want them, but I read stories like this and it just feels like they are so DUMB.  Find one or two, maybe three, therapists that WILL give you the handy, the happy ending, and stick with it.  Why flirt with disaster like that? 

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2022, 08:13:25 AM »
Anyone catch that interview with Arians where he stated that Brady gets "way too much credit" for the plays Leftwich designs? Uh oh stirring the pot. But Florio and Simms commented on it and Simms made the correct point that QBs always get too much credit when things go right. The defense is playing really well? Must be because of the Quarterback.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2022, 02:53:04 PM »
Anyone catch that interview with Arians where he stated that Brady gets "way too much credit" for the plays Leftwich designs? Uh oh stirring the pot. But Florio and Simms commented on it and Simms made the correct point that QBs always get too much credit when things go right. The defense is playing really well? Must be because of the Quarterback.

I am sure the point Arians is trying to get across is, "Teams win championships, not one man," but, as usual, he does it in way that makes him look like an ass.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2022, 03:25:08 PM »

I think the only justifiable response to this is to suspend Tom Brady 8 games minimum.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2022, 08:57:20 PM »

I am sure the point Arians is trying to get across is, "Teams win championships, not one man," but, as usual, he does it in way that makes him look like an ass.

In this case, the one man made the team better because of his leadership.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2022, 02:37:33 AM »

Did anyone catch that Tom Brady was going to buy the Miami Dolphins AND become the starting QB with Sean Payton as the head coach? Then the Flores lawsuit was filed and Brady unretired.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2022, 06:01:24 AM »
He would have to be traded. He was still under contract with the Bucs.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2022, 08:21:06 AM »
He would have to be traded. He was still under contract with the Bucs.

Plenty of ways around that. As an owner, all he would have to do is trade for his own rights.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2022, 09:04:10 AM »
Sure, if the other side agrees. Wouldn't you think Tampa might be upset?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2022, 10:18:05 AM »
I am sure Brady could have strong armed the Bucs in to trading him, but it seems obvious now that he never had any intention of retiring and this was all just a ploy.  He really is the new Brett Favre.  :lol :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: April 10, 2022, 12:05:15 PM »
Minus the interceptions. :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2022, 06:07:23 AM »

I think the only justifiable response to this is to suspend Tom Brady 8 games minimum.

I feel like Dream Team would have no problem with that.    He's also blaming Brady for talking Putin into invading Ukraine, and for egging on Will Smith at the Oscars.   I'm pretty sure he'd support you if you called for international economic sanction against Brady, as well as banning Brady from the Oscars for ten years.   ;) :) :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2022, 06:43:11 AM »

But Brady also covered up a bad team for example in 2019 where the team went 12-4 but were not that good of a team.  Lost in the last week to Miami when they could have had a bye and then got clobbered in the wildcard game at home.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2022, 12:14:49 PM »

and the fun personality, or even being fun to watch in anything but the 4th quarter   ;)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2022, 12:20:44 PM »

and the fun personality, or even being fun to watch in anything but the 4th quarter   ;)

And no dick pics sent. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2022, 04:07:02 PM »

But Brady also covered up a bad team for example in 2019 where the team went 12-4 but were not that good of a team.  Lost in the last week to Miami when they could have had a bye and then got clobbered in the wildcard game at home.

The 2019 Patriots had the number 1 defense in the league, and they pitched a shutout in the 2nd half of a playoff game in which they trailed by 1 point at the half, and Brady was unable to get a single score in the second half of the game to get them the win.  Brady's greatness is unquestioned, but 2019 was not a shining moment for him.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2022, 04:44:34 PM »
Brady had an average year. He obviously was frustrated with Bill but they wouldn't have been 12-4 without him. 

Also, look who they had on offense.   Belichick blew it in free agency and they tried Nutjob for one game at receiver and a 2nd round pick for Sanu who got injured and played through it and wasn't good.

The offensive was injured and not staffed correctly. David Andrews the starting center out all year. Edelman and Sanu playing injured, Goskowski (sp?)

Even with Brady's attitude,  they still won 12.  BTW, how were the Pats #3 D at the end of the season and the playoff game against the Bills?  Lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2022, 06:03:39 PM »
Brady had an average year. He obviously was frustrated with Bill but they wouldn't have been 12-4 without him. 

Also, look who they had on offense.   Belichick blew it in free agency and they tried Nutjob for one game at receiver and a 2nd round pick for Sanu who got injured and played through it and wasn't good.

The offensive was injured and not staffed correctly. David Andrews the starting center out all year. Edelman and Sanu playing injured, Goskowski (sp?)

Even with Brady's attitude,  they still won 12.  BTW, how were the Pats #3 D at the end of the season and the playoff game against the Bills?  Lol

That is different.  The 2019 Patriots didn't have to face the beast that is Josh Allen in the playoffs. :P :P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2022, 06:06:39 PM »
Still were the 4th best D in the league.  Soooooooo...