Author Topic: Orlando 03/15/22 thoughts  (Read 1147 times)

Offline DTFan0789

Orlando 03/15/22 thoughts
« on: March 16, 2022, 06:46:37 PM »
What an amazing show the boys put on last night at the Hard Rock in Orlando! This was my ninth time seeing them live, and I don't think I have ever seen the crowd quite this into it. You could scarcely find a damn person in that venue who wasn't on their feet. The whole band was on fire and magic was in the air. These are my initial post concert thoughts. Was anybody else there?

Also, Arch Echo was the perfect opener. Those guys are incredibly skilled players and had a great energy.
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline Kram

Re: Orlando 03/15/22 thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 11:54:07 AM »
What an amazing show the boys put on last night at the Hard Rock in Orlando! This was my ninth time seeing them live, and I don't think I have ever seen the crowd quite this into it. You could scarcely find a damn person in that venue who wasn't on their feet. The whole band was on fire and magic was in the air. These are my initial post concert thoughts. Was anybody else there?

Also, Arch Echo was the perfect opener. Those guys are incredibly skilled players and had a great energy.
That's great to hear.  I especially like hearing the crowd was really into it!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 08:38:02 PM »
That's really cool.  If I had thought of it, I should have gotten my son tickets since he is on Spring break in Tampa. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 09:05:50 AM »
Believe it or not, one of the best received songs was "The Ministry of Lost Souls". The audience was totally into it, and the transition out of "About to Crash" just seemed to work. "Endless Sacrifice" was a crowd pleaser as well. There was just so much positive energy radiating throughout the entire venue, it was truly an unforgettable evening.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 09:32:33 AM »
That is a great transition I must say. I’m not a huge ATC guy, but in that setlist, it worked wonderfully.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Laughingplace56

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 07:44:14 PM »
Orlando and St. Pete were both absolutely incredible shows. The band was flawless, James sounded great imo, and the crowds were totally into it. I was center 3rd row for St. Pete and the 5 seats in the second row were empty, and I air drummed to lots of parts throughout the show which Mangini seemed to really get a kick out of. It seemed like he was making direct eye contact with me and reacting with me a lot of times which made the fanboy in me to die lmao.

The crowds definitely sounded super into Ministry, Endless Sacrifice and Count. All of the songs came off amazingly live, and it was my first time seeing any of them live. Bridges and Count are both in my top 10 DT songs so seeing those was a dream come true, really thought I’d never see Count especially!!

These were my 4th and 5th times seeing them live and every time is phenomenal. Just reaffirms how much this music means to me. I hope there’s a second US leg later this year!