Author Topic: Midi help please?  (Read 756 times)

Offline frogprog

Midi help please?
« on: February 08, 2022, 10:33:32 AM »
I know there are some keyboard peeps here and I was hoping I could get some midi help.
I have a set of Roland pk5 midi pedals that my bass player uses to trigger sounds from my Korg Triton. That hook up works fine. I also have an Arturia Keylab that uses Arturia Analog lab V on my laptop. The Analog lab program has some fantastic sounds and I would like to use the pedals via a midi to usb connection to take advantage of the sounds in place of the Triton but I cant get the Arturia program to recognise the Roland pedals. The midi channel on pedals is set to 1 and the Arturia midi setting is set to "all" (i have also tried "1"). Any advice?
PS. I have tried 2 different connectors (midi to usb) one of the connectors has status lights and the red light flashes but the instructions are in Chinese so i dont know if thats good or bad?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Frogprog

Offline Skeever

Re: Midi help please?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 02:09:27 PM »
Is midi getting sent from the controller to the computer (some DAWs will show a light blinking or something like that confirming that they're registering the midi when you hit a key/pad). If so it might just need to be setup with the program properly. If not, might need to download some kind of driver for the roland pedals?

Offline frogprog

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 09:42:24 AM »
Thanks for the reply Skeever. I had previously downloaded a utility program, midi-ox, but that is not showing any midi traffic (if I'm using it correctly). If i try using my Triton to pc I'm also not showing any midi traffic. The Roland pedals are pretty old (late 90's) and long discontinued. There doesn't seem to be any drivers or support from Roland available. The pedals were quite popular and I'm sure someone has been down this road before but I'm baffled.
I have reached out to Arturia tech support so maybe they can help but it seems to be a midi problem not necessarily a product problem but what do I know, I'm just a drummer😁😁

Offline Blackstar1099

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 07:41:55 AM »
You don't need any drivers for the Roland. In the Arturia Analog lab V program, does it show the midi interface? You always need to select a hardware midi interface to use. It should say something line "USB Midi interface"  in the options section. It needs to be enabled. No program will work without telling the computer which interface to use.