General > General Music Discussion

ReaperKK's Roulette v. It's been 10 long years....jingle.boy jingle.won!!!!!

(1/365) > >>

ReaperKK:
What's happening fellow DTF'ers? I was participating in Sacul's Roulette when I got the itch to run my own again, checking my email I realized it's been 10 FREAKING YEARS since I last ran a roulette, crazy how time flies. This roulette is open to everyone so the more the merrier. I don't remember a lot games being played during my last roulette so I'll have hangman, and first impressions for this roulette (sorry for copying you Sacul!). I'll run signups through the weekend and start Monday!

Format:

* 9 regular rounds, the final round I'll have the top 5 participants send me an album to listen to
* 1 song per round
* Scored will be 1 through 5 with half values
* There will be optional themes which can earn you extra points
Rules:

* No songs from albums I've rated on RYM (https://rateyourmusic.com/~ReaperKK), if I haven't rated the album then it's fair game
* I prefer Spotify but youtube is fine as a back up, if neither work than you can send the files to me
* All rounds are open, you don't have to send a song that fits within the theme
Links:
Rate Your Music Profile

Rounds:

* Round 1: Open
* Round 2: Optional Theme: Acoustic
* Round 3: Open
* Round 4: Optional Theme: Instrumental
* Round 5: Optional Theme: Short Songs (<2 minutes)
* Round 6: Optional Theme: Alternate Takes
* Round 7: Optional Theme: Long Songs (>9 minutes but no longer than 30 minutes)
* Round 8: Optional Theme: Covers
* Round 9: Open
* Round 10: Full Album
Some more details regarding the bonus rounds:

* Acoustic: Songs that are primarily acoustic, acoustic version of electric tracks will qualify for the bonus point as well as solo piano pieces. If in doubt ask yourself if it has an electric guitar in it, if it does it won't qualify
* Alternate Takes: Songs that are different takes of the original, live tracks are perfectly fine here, acoustic versions are fine here too. Please explain to me why this song is different from the original. I'm going to be pretty loose with this category. Please don't send covers and instead save that for the covers round.
* Covers: Send me cover songs. Covers of songs on albums I've rated on RYM are perfectly fine here. Please include the artist who performed the original first in your message to me
Likes & Dislikes:
I'm pretty open minded to a lot of varied music genres and styles, I'll give anything and everything a chance. Currently I've been listening to a lot of heavier music out there but that's just a recent preference.

If there is one thing that will quickly turn me off on a song then it'll be vocals. Usually it's the timbre that puts me off, but bad vocals aren't a deal breaker if the music is strong enough. For example I really don't care for Neal Morse's voice but the music on Innocence & Danger is fantastic so I still enjoyed the album.

It's hard to articulate my musical tastes but I'll try. I like songs that have a lot of strong melodies and if there is a technical component to track that will be an added bonus, I play guitar so good guitar playing is always a plus. Looking at some of favorite albums there is a lot of music that is showy but still maintains a solid foundation of melody and songwriting. I'm also big fan of thoughtful lyrical writing as well and while terrible lyrics aren't an immediate turn off great lyrics can elevate the music for me. I realize that what I wrote might not be any insightful but as I stated earlier even at the worst I can find bits of songs I like.

Participants:
* Vmadera00
* Tomislav95
* HOF
* Stadler
* TAC
* Puppies_On_Acid
* Sacul
* Kingshmegland
* Elite
* Cyril
* Lonestar
* jingle.boy
* Deadeye21
* Luoto
* wolfking
* senecadawg2

ReaperKK:
Playlists:

* Round 1 Playlist
* Round 2 Playlist (Some songs were youtube only)
* Round 3 Playlist
* Round 4 Playlist
* Round 5 Playlist (One song was not on Spotify)
* Round 6 Playlist (One song was not on Spotify)
* Round 7 Playlist
* Round 8 Playlist (One song was not on Spotify)
* Round 9 Playlist
Results:

* Round 1
* Round 2
* Round 3
* Round 4
* Round 5
* Round 6
* Round 7
* Round 8
* Round 9
Scores so far:

jingle.boy - 49
Kingshmegland - 48.5
senecadawg2 - 48
Vmader00 - 47.5
Lonestar - 47
Elite - 42.5
Sacul - 41.5
HOF - 41
Stadler - 40.5
Deadeye21 - 39.5
Luoto - 39.5
Tomislav95 - 39
TAC - 38.5
wolfking - 37.5
Cyril - 37
Puppies_On_Acid - 35

Lonk:
Full album round, interesting.

Im in

Tomislav95:
Count me in!
BTW for Round 7 theme, I read Love song instead of Long song and tried to think of a reason you'd want a long love song :lol

ReaperKK:
I do like it long ..... :lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version