Author Topic: Ouch! Gas And Other Inflation Related Pain.  (Read 16305 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Ouch! Gas And Other Inflation Related Pain.
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2022, 02:22:45 PM »
Dad just got his tank filled for 109 gallons.  $609.90.  Crazy.

Wtf has a 109 gallon tank?

I'm pretty sure the motorhome my aunt and uncle have is in excess of 100 gallons.

Damn...

Dad just got his tank filled for 109 gallons.  $609.90.  Crazy.

Wtf has a 109 gallon tank?

Auto monthly refill.

Still confused

I'm assuming it's the tank buried in the ground for home heating.  SrShmegland prolly lives in an old fucking house.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2022, 02:27:04 PM »
Oil tank?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2022, 02:49:28 PM »
250 gallon oil tank for the house. His oil company comes and refills monthly for 7 month of the year. So it only needed 109 gallons this month.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 05:09:05 PM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2022, 04:41:00 PM »
Ok... We in California are completely oblivious to such things... If it drops below 40 here we're declaring an emergency.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2022, 06:05:38 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2022, 12:58:57 PM »
I went out yesterday and saw nothing but $5.15 a gallon. Yeah, oil prices have mostly returned to normal, the gas companies are setting profit records, but this is totally necessary. Please.

My wife barely makes anything now because her income goes into her gas tank.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2022, 05:00:44 PM »
^
Capitalism is always a beautiful thing.  The company CEOs probably had to wait during the really bad parts of the pandemic to buy that second yacht and fourth summer home......  (same with all the other price gouging money grubbers out there)

I remember the fall of '08 when gas hit $4.80 in Maryland.  My '98 Camry got around 25-30 MPG.

With inflation, that $4.80 would equal $6.37 at present.  My '05 Corolla gets between 33-40 MPG. I'm still ahead of the game, and I think I was only refilling my tank about every six weeks two years ago.   
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2022, 06:32:51 PM »
When gas prices are low: The price of gas is artificially low, we should be paying more!
When gas prices are high: The price of gas is artificially high, we should be paying less!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline emtee

« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2022, 09:37:56 AM »
A jar of mayo was $7.49 yesterday. I think maybe it's time for mustard only on my sammich.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2022, 09:50:22 AM »
A jar of mayo was $7.49 yesterday. I think maybe it's time for mustard only on my sammich.

Price gouging everywhere.

Make your own mayo. It's just egg and oil......

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2022, 09:56:03 AM »
Choice grade New York strips are up to $16lb, and ribeyes are approaching $20lb where I'm at. FOR CHOICE!

Am heartbroken.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2022, 11:15:10 AM »
Choice grade New York strips are up to $16lb, and ribeyes are approaching $20lb where I'm at. FOR CHOICE!

Am heartbroken.

Time to learn how to jazz up cube steak

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2022, 11:32:02 AM »

Am heartbroken.

I've been doing what I can with chuck, but it's just not the same. I've never heard of cube steak.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2022, 12:04:54 PM »

Am heartbroken.

I've been doing what I can with chuck, but it's just not the same. I've never heard of cube steak.

Pound your meat Brian.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #154 on: May 25, 2022, 12:56:45 PM »

Am heartbroken.

Cube steak is a shitty pieces of round or sirloin that's passed through an industrial tenderizer. It's mainly used for chicken fried steak, and is usually as cheap as low end ground beef.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2022, 01:05:04 PM »
Does RJ still have the parents tenderizer mallet from the 60's?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2022, 01:31:48 PM »
Does RJ still have the parents tenderizer mallet from the 60's?
If he doesn't he bought one. Who doesn't own a tenderizer? A flat side for pounding cutlets and the nubby side for cubing steaks for CFS (or swiss steak).
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2022, 01:40:12 PM »
It's funny, I don't own one because I'm not a steak guy. Though I love chicken cutlets.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2022, 01:44:37 PM »
I don't own a tenderizer.  I just use a rolling pin if I need to flatten a cut of meat.  I prefer using marinades and rubs to tenderize.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2022, 07:28:49 PM »
I have mighty Mjolnir as my tenderizer, courtesy of last year's DTF Secret Santa...

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2022, 08:31:04 PM »
Have you tried using it yet? I hope you liked it.  ;)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2022, 08:32:55 PM »
We have a tenderizer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2022, 09:16:15 PM »
Have you tried using it yet? I hope you liked it.  ;)

Nah...it's decorative...it's sitting with my Marvel Lego...

(had zero clue you sent it...thank you  :-* )

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2022, 08:34:44 AM »
I'd love to know what happened yesterday. I had to go out after work and knew I needed gas. I checked Gas Buddy and everything was between $4.69 to $5.09 with most being updated roughly 2 hours prior. By the time I went out it was 4-5 hours after those updates. I drove to the $4.69 station only to find it at $5.09. I skipped it. I drive up to the others and they are all $5.55 and up.

What the heck caused this ridiculous increase? I mean, I was last out a week ago and the prices were all around $4.50. In a 7 day stretch this area went up a full dollar.

I saw no stories of refineries going up in flames or whatever. This is getting out of hand really quick. Now that I think about it, I wonder if the EU banning Ruskie oil caused this. I don't know, it is becoming too expensive to leave the house for anything. I really plan my trips now so I am not running out quite as much. A trip to and from the store for me will burn around 2 gallons. That's $10 just to run to the store. I try to keep it to a minimum now.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2022, 08:39:24 AM »
It's a combination of demand for petroleum massively increasing as a result of pandemic restrictions lifting and supply being restricted by the Russian War and its associated sanctions. Supply chains are f**ked in pretty much every sector, its not just oil.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2022, 08:46:04 AM »
Demoncrats blaming it on the war.  :lol :rollin :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2022, 09:30:41 AM »

I think they're blaming it on supply (both availability and movement), to which the war is playing a role in those.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline emtee

« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2022, 09:42:44 AM »
471 to 4.89 here. Every day is a new record high.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2022, 09:52:28 AM »

I think they're blaming it on supply (both availability and movement), to which the war is playing a role in those.
The supply is pretty much fine in the US. We get most oil domestically these days, but even though the US does not depend on much Russian oil, it's a global market. The war is reducing supply in the EU, which is driving up prices worldwide.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2022, 09:56:33 AM »

:rollin

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2022, 10:36:33 AM »
I'd love to know what happened yesterday. I had to go out after work and knew I needed gas. I checked Gas Buddy and everything was between $4.69 to $5.09 with most being updated roughly 2 hours prior. By the time I went out it was 4-5 hours after those updates. I drove to the $4.69 station only to find it at $5.09. I skipped it. I drive up to the others and they are all $5.55 and up.

What the heck caused this ridiculous increase? I mean, I was last out a week ago and the prices were all around $4.50. In a 7 day stretch this area went up a full dollar.

I saw no stories of refineries going up in flames or whatever. This is getting out of hand really quick. Now that I think about it, I wonder if the EU banning Ruskie oil caused this. I don't know, it is becoming too expensive to leave the house for anything. I really plan my trips now so I am not running out quite as much. A trip to and from the store for me will burn around 2 gallons. That's $10 just to run to the store. I try to keep it to a minimum now.
Last two times I've filled up I saved about .30 just by hitting the stations that hadn't jacked up their prices yet. One of them rolled the signs up .35 while I was still pumping my gas. Seems there are always a few stations that lag behind the others. You'd think they'd all be controlled from the mothership somewhere, and thus all change at the same time, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

As for the refineries, that's still the problem. We've got oil. We don't have the capability to refine it all because the oil companies aren't spending money to upgrade their refineries.

Hey, hey, just blame Biden
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2022, 12:10:55 PM »
I'm sure the gas companies reporting quadruple the profits from last year is just a coincidence...

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2022, 02:59:15 PM »

The supply is pretty much fine in the US. We get most oil domestically these days, but even though the US does not depend on much Russian oil, it's a global market. The war is reducing supply in the EU, which is driving up prices worldwide.

This all started long before the war.  Of course it's a contributor now, but it's not the root cause.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2022, 08:25:31 AM »
I'm currently paying .09 for my electricity. That's up about .02 from the previous term. When I renew in six weeks (can't now because I have no idea where I'll be living) it'll be around .23. That's a 150% increase over six months. And in this case it's not so much the general inflation happening to everybody. It's Texas's failure to fix our power supply problems, and the electricity providers making up for the money they lost when they froze us all out last year. Just last month they were predicting "rolling blackouts" because of higher demand than capacity. Gods only know what'll happen in August. The only thing we do know is that the power companies will have us by the balls, because Texas only cares about their profits and we're all expendable. They'll turn a profit if it kills every last one of us.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2022, 10:23:00 AM »
I'm currently paying .09 for my electricity. That's up about .02 from the previous term. When I renew in six weeks (can't now because I have no idea where I'll be living) it'll be around .23. That's a 150% increase over six months. And in this case it's not so much the general inflation happening to everybody. It's Texas's failure to fix our power supply problems, and the electricity providers making up for the money they lost when they froze us all out last year. Just last month they were predicting "rolling blackouts" because of higher demand than capacity. Gods only know what'll happen in August. The only thing we do know is that the power companies will have us by the balls, because Texas only cares about their profits and we're all expendable. They'll turn a profit if it kills every last one of us.

All this applies to Pg&e as well. They were found criminally liable in the 80+ deaths of one of the fires, and forced to pay massive fines. Their response. Raise rates. The ceo makes over 50 million dollars a year.