Author Topic: Washington DC preshow March 6  (Read 764 times)

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Washington DC preshow March 6
« on: March 03, 2022, 09:07:19 AM »
DT USA Staff is once again hosting a preshow this Sunday from 4-7pm at

The Elephant & Castle
1201 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC20004
(202) 347-7707

(the entrance is located at the corner of 12th St NW and Pennsylvania Avenue, about three blocks to the SE of The Warner Theater)

There will be trivia and prizes.  Sadly, no aftershow back stage passes as in previous years.  The preshow there in 2019 had the largest DT preshow gathering ever, with over 70 attendees. 

I'm in the back standing above the crowd

yours truly on your right with the trivia winners, with cohost Nicholas on your left
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline geeeemo

Re: Washington DC preshow March 6
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 08:40:10 PM »
Wow! Minei. 2019 had 12. The 2 so far this tour I went to, had 7 and 6. Great support D.C!!

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 09:03:03 AM »
What cities?  What were the times, and did you host any of them?

I know many are 3-5pm, which eliminates many who are working, and then there's that gap from 5ish to 8pm.  Even if there were people going to meet n greets, they could stop and visit with us before heading out.

We also had over 40 at the Oct 2019 show in Baltimore.  No idea of the amount this year....could be 20, could be 50.  It's harder to get the word out on social media, so we make up for that by putting signs by the ticket office, an occasional light post, and placards outside the restaurant.  Quite a few attended from seeing those signs.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 10:31:45 AM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 09:59:02 AM »
I hosted Reno in 2019. It was the first there. The ones I went to this tour were Oakland and Denver. I am hosting one in Houston. You said you posted signs by the ticket office and the restaurant. Where and how. I will be arriving in Houston the day before, so could maybe do something like that. Do you need permission?
I am on all the DT social media and posted a lot before the show. And I read the comments, when someone comments about attending where I host, I reach out then.
I would love to attend one of yours!

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 11:16:51 AM »
You need permission to put anything inside or outside of the ticket office.  When they refuse or change their minds, I tape the announcement to cardboard, then attach it to metal 'stands' used for yard campaign signs, and lean it against the wall outside as close as I can to the entrance.  And put up announcements on a nearby light post, and light posts near the gathering place.  I always remove them after the show.

A shame you can't get to fly up for the show tomorrow in DC.  Let's hope they come back to this area again real soon. 

It's terrific that you attended two shows this tour, and are volunteering to host another preshow.  It can be work, but the great memories are well worth it.  :tup
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 09:29:41 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 07:49:39 AM »
For those who read this thread and are driving to the show today, add on a possible hiccup 

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/truck-convoy-set-to-protest-in-dc-area-what-to-know-sunday/2991559/

I despise disruptors of any form :tdwn

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2022, 05:50:20 PM »
Shit.  I had dinner with friends there.  We thought it was for your staff.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2022, 10:56:15 PM »
Damn....we only used the 'staff' logo to show that it was officially sanctioned.  Frick....would have loved to have met face to face, and I could have shook your hand for winning that almost endless NFL survivor a couple of years ago. :tup  Hope you enjoyed the evening.  Safe travels.