Author Topic: Vox AC30 Head with two cabs?  (Read 785 times)

Offline svisser

• Pineapple. I like to eat it.
Vox AC30 Head with two cabs?
« on: March 19, 2022, 10:00:55 AM »
SO i have scoured the internet for some info on this, but I have been unsuccessful.  :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

I am currently saving for my dream amp. It is a Vox AC30 head and 2x12 matching cab. What I want to know is if I can hook two cabs to make it a full stack? There are two cab outs on the head, so it makes sense. I know AC30s are prone to overheating, so perhaps that is why no one does this.

I was just wondering because it seems like it would be fun to have the option of a full stack Vox sitting behind you on a stage. Ideally, I would have the top cab without the back and probably replace the speakers with something else. Or go with a cab from another brand.
She can turn a drop of water
         Into an ocean
                                           In the room the women come and go
                                                 Talking of Michelangelo.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: Vox AC30 Head with two cabs?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 01:07:12 PM »
Go to page 10 of the official manual:
https://voxamps.com/product/ac30-custom-head/#owners-manual-top

It appears you can (and I would have thought so). The question is more why you would want that, but that could be a matter of preference. I have gigged with a 4x12 and it’s a pain in the ass to bring along and it doesn’t add anything a 1x12 can do. At home I use a 1x12, headphones out or a portable amp.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline svisser

• Pineapple. I like to eat it.
Re: Vox AC30 Head with two cabs?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 12:18:45 PM »
It is honestly most for the looks. I think it would also be cool to have one with the back on and the other with the back off. I honestly might just build my own 4x12 cab with two inputs. The top two speakers would be something like the Alnico Blues, and the bottom would most likely be Greenbacks.
She can turn a drop of water
         Into an ocean
                                           In the room the women come and go
                                                 Talking of Michelangelo.