Author Topic: Dumb Samsung Question  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Dumb Samsung Question
« on: February 28, 2022, 06:17:28 AM »
So, I have a Galaxy S7 for work.   I was trying to text one-handed, and somehow I hit some combination of buttons that included the "volume" button and the font size for my texts is now bigger.   It's ONLY for Messages though.  And I want to set it back.  I tried going into Settling, Acessability, where you set the overall text size, but that affects EVERYTHING not just the text messages.  I tried using the volume buttons again, but it just sets the ringtone.

Any advice (besides "get a new phone"; I have one on order from work).

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Dumb Samsung Question
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 06:21:52 AM »
In my messages app I can change the font size by zooming in and out with my thumb and index finger on the screen. Maybe it's the same on yours?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 06:27:08 AM »
WINNER.  Thank you.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 06:33:59 AM »
Also, from the main menu screen, go to settings and uncheck the box that says "Use volume key to change font size" or something similar to that.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 12:02:41 PM »
So, I have a Galaxy S7 for work.   I was trying to text one-handed, and somehow I hit some combination of buttons that included the "volume" button and the font size for my texts is now bigger.   It's ONLY for Messages though.  And I want to set it back.  I tried going into Settling, Acessability, where you set the overall text size, but that affects EVERYTHING not just the text messages.  I tried using the volume buttons again, but it just sets the ringtone.

Speaking of dumb Samsung and questions, your S7 work today? Apparently ATT doesn't recognize mine as an LTE device so I got bricked when they dumped 3g.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 12:30:06 PM »

Speaking of dumb Samsung and questions, your S7 work today? Apparently ATT doesn't recognize mine as an LTE device so I got bricked when they dumped 3g.

Not dumb; as I said, I (supposedly) have a new phone coming, but I haven't seen it yet.  I was under the impression that ATT dumped 3G, but mine still works as of now.  My dad has one and his (Sprint) service ends on March 31.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2022, 12:37:01 PM »

Not dumb; as I said, I (supposedly) have a new phone coming, but I haven't seen it yet.  I was under the impression that ATT dumped 3G, but mine still works as of now.  My dad has one and his (Sprint) service ends on March 31.
ATT dumped 3g, but our S7s are 4g capable. ATT just doesn't recognize mine as such because it wasn't officially branded by them. Fuck yeah, capitalism! Ideally I just need to jump over to the T-Mobile network and it should work.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 07:33:25 PM »

ATT dumped 3g, but our S7s are 4g capable. ATT just doesn't recognize mine as such because it wasn't officially branded by them. Fuck yeah, capitalism! Ideally I just need to jump over to the T-Mobile network and it should work.
Actually all non LTE 4g stuff was also dumped. Which may or may not include that phone, I don't know for sure. Same thing will happen for Verizon in June, I think. T-Mobile may not be far behind, but I haven't heard anything about that.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline faizoff

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 07:57:40 PM »

That's really odd, I dig some digging and found that only some certified models of the S7 are supported on 4G now.
• Galaxy S7 Edge (G935A)
• Galaxy S7 (G930A)
• Galaxy S7 Active (G891A)

Got that list from a poster here who broke it down why some S7s are supported and other are not.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2022, 08:12:36 PM »
Yeah, I found that article early on. The thing is, mine is a G930T, branded for T-Mobile. From what I can tell ATT are simply being buttheads about allowing the use of non-ATT branded phones on their network. In any case, I'm using an MVNO that can use ATT or T-Mobile. I haven't been able to confirm it, but my hunch is that if I plop $5 down for a new TM SIM I should be back in business.

Frankly, I've always felt a little sore about using any ATT service. I have a grievance with them going back 15 or so years. This just reitterates my opinion that they suck, and I'll be happy to go back to TM.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2022, 07:13:24 AM »
Yeah, I found that article early on. The thing is, mine is a G930T, branded for T-Mobile. From what I can tell ATT are simply being buttheads about allowing the use of non-ATT branded phones on their network. In any case, I'm using an MVNO that can use ATT or T-Mobile. I haven't been able to confirm it, but my hunch is that if I plop $5 down for a new TM SIM I should be back in business.

Frankly, I've always felt a little sore about using any ATT service. I have a grievance with them going back 15 or so years. This just reitterates my opinion that they suck, and I'll be happy to go back to TM.

I love that about you.  A man of principles.    :)   I'm no fan of AT&T, either.  T-Mobile has their own quirks (they bought Sprint, but moving between TM and Sprint is like asking Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth to cooperate).