Author Topic: CT - March 5  (Read 3462 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: CT - March 5
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2022, 11:29:49 AM »
 :tup then you saw the bits and pieces I captured, video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chwIsHcMSEs

and forgot to share this, but at the end I went from the last row right to the front row and snapped this pic of JLB

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2022, 12:13:57 PM »
:tup then you saw the bits and pieces I captured, video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chwIsHcMSEs

and forgot to share this, but at the end I went from the last row right to the front row and snapped this pic of JLB

Thank you!!!  😍
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 08:04:19 AM by crystalstars17 »

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2022, 08:01:09 AM »
Cramx3,  great video work for someone recording from their phone.  I like that you included some video of the trip to the show and your enthusiasm!  You definitely captured some of the better footage I've seen from this tour. I hope they make a dvd release as they are in great form this time around. Great lighting and screens too.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2022, 08:02:20 AM »
Youre welcome, but it's not a phone recording.  I have a small camera that's allowed into concerts. 

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2022, 08:08:53 AM »
. I hope they make a dvd release as they are in great form this time around.

Yes please!!!!!! ✨

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2022, 08:13:57 AM »
I can see myself 43 second into the video :lol

I hope they come back to the area for a second leg. Maybe get rid of Arch Echo and add 2-3 extra songs.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2022, 08:20:28 AM »
Maybe I'm misremembering past tours, but I feel like CT usually doesn't get a stop on the second legs. Boston and NYC seem to though. I remember when the Astonishing came back around I had to go out of state to see it, whereas they performed it at the Oakdale on the first leg.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2022, 08:25:40 AM »
They usually don't play the same venue on both legs.  For NYC, they'd play Beacon Theater and then maybe play in Brooklyn or Newark which are similar, but not the same, markets.  They usually don't ever skip out on this area, probably because it's "home" for some of the band.  But the last few second leg tours have sold really poorly.  Not sure they will even do a second leg here as the first leg hasn't sold the greatest. 

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2022, 11:44:39 AM »
Youre welcome, but it's not a phone recording.  I have a small camera that's allowed into concerts.
Ah, that's even better yet. Probably not as obtrusive as holding a screen up in the air.  :tup
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2022, 11:49:53 AM »
Ah, that's even better yet. Probably not as obtrusive as holding a screen up in the air.  :tup

I wish developers would make a "concert mode" for cameras. Do you really need the entire screen lit up when recording? Why can't the majority of the screen be blacked out with a little 1"x1" (or whatever your ratio is) viewfinder in the bottom corner of the screen? You really just need to know what you're aiming at.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2022, 11:52:14 AM »
I would say GoPro cameras were good for that, but I don't know what they've done in the last 5 years or so.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2022, 11:54:04 AM »
That idea could be useful

My camera does have a screen, I keep the dimness at it's lowest setting and the screen itself is smaller than any modern phone, but it's not completely un-intrusive depending on the situation.  In this case, no one was near me as I sat in the back.  I don't like to hold up my camera/phone.  I'd rather not bother anyone. 

I ended up recording so much on Saturday from the back because I knew I'd be going to see DT again, tonight, from the front row where I won't be capturing much if anything at all.