Author Topic: CT - March 5  (Read 3515 times)

Offline Awaken

CT - March 5
« on: February 26, 2022, 12:01:01 PM »
Just received an email that the show scheduled for March 5 in Wallingford CT was postponed by the event organizer.  Anyone else get this?  I'm not seeing the show cancelled/postponed on the venue website nor on dreamtheater.net.

fingers crossed was looking forward to this one

Offline mooshinator

Re: CT - March 5
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 01:19:03 PM »
Yeah, I got the same e-mail but Ticketmaster isn't showing it as postponed.  I'm kinda bummed because even though I am also going to the NYC show a day earlier, I was bringing my family to the CT show and it would have been my daughter's first concert.  Hopefully it's just postponed and not outright cancelled.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 03:26:12 PM »
Say it ain't so...I haven't received anything yet but if that's the case I'll be annoyed. Does it say why it is postponed?
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline mooshinator

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 03:48:22 PM »
The e-mail had a Subject of "Information to Prepare You for Dream Theater", and then in the body of the e-mail it said:

"Important Event Info
The Event Organizer has had to postpone your event.

Please hold onto your tickets as they will be valid for the new date. You can locate your tickets by signing in to your online account. If your event is eligible for a refund or credit, those options will be visible within the Event Details of your order.

Please see our Purchase Policy for more information."

That's it...  no other information.  When I check Ticketmaster, it says that the concert is "Rescheduled to Sat • Mar 5 • 7:30 PM", which is the original date and time.  I'm holding out hope that this is some residual artifact from the concert having originally been rescheduled from last Fall?

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2022, 05:07:05 PM »
No email for us. Can't find a straight answer anywhere. Watching this space.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2022, 06:21:57 PM »
I hope it was just a mistake. If not I'll have to go to the NYC show that Friday, which I wanted to avoid (even if it's a lot closer for me)

Offline MrMike

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2022, 07:44:17 PM »
Maybe it's just a mistaken re-send of the email notification of the original cancellation.  Hope so.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2022, 07:45:36 PM »
That's fucked either way.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2022, 04:31:03 AM »
I hope it was just a mistake. If not I'll have to go to the NYC show that Friday, which I wanted to avoid (even if it's a lot closer for me)

I get it, we avoided Boston even though it was closer and now we may not see it at all, unless we plan to travel to a random far-off place later in the tour and settle for 125th row. I do hope this is a mistake.

I'm gonna try to talk to a person at the venue if not at Live Nation. I'm good at being a bitch on the phone  :lol  As soon as I find out anything concrete I'll post it here!

Offline Awaken

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2022, 05:35:08 AM »
Update -  This really sucks.  LiveNation's website now shows this as postponed, as well (though, oddly - you can still buy tickets  ???):

Please hold onto
your tickets as they will be valid for the new date. You can locate your
tickets by signing in to your online account. If your event is eligible for a
refund or credit, those options will be visible within the Event Details of
your order.

Please see our Purchase Policy for more information.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 05:40:22 AM by Awaken »

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2022, 06:10:18 AM »
Update -  This really sucks.  LiveNation's website now shows this as postponed, as well (though, oddly - you can still buy tickets  ???):

Please hold onto
your tickets as they will be valid for the new date. You can locate your
tickets by signing in to your online account. If your event is eligible for a
refund or credit, those options will be visible within the Event Details of
your order.

Please see our Purchase Policy for more information.

Ok we only got the email from Live Nation saying "get ready", which led to the event page which has that red banner across the top from which you copied. I assume this is something left over from when it was rescheduled before and has not been updated, it's hard to tell.

But the Toyota Oakdale website says no such thing.

https://www.oakdaletheatre.net/events/dream-theater/#.Yht2lt9Om2c

There's a number you can call. As soon as possible I want a straight answer. There is no other reason at this point for any of this discrepancy of information other than sloppy and careless handling of said information. And with covid numbers down and the CDC lifting restrictions everywhere, there is no logical reason for a cancellation at this time other than poor planning and somebody dropping the ball.  >:(

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2022, 07:55:12 AM »
Ok so the Toyota Oakdale number leads to a broken mailbox, and their live chat leads to something you have to pay for to speak with an "expert" (No thanks!).

Last chance we have to get any answers will be to email Live Nation "Fan Support" between 9AM & 9pm. You'll need your order history to do this. Hubs and I are both at work so if anyone else has time to do this today please update here. We'll be trying tonight for sure.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2022, 07:58:21 AM »
Ok so the Toyota Oakdale number leads to a broken mailbox, and their live chat leads to something you have to pay for to speak with an "expert" (No thanks!).

Last chance we have to get any answers will be to email Live Nation "Fan Support" between 9AM & 9pm. You'll need your order history to do this. Hubs and I are both at work so if anyone else has time to do this today please update here. We'll be trying tonight for sure.
I'm caught up writing a paper but I'll take a few minutes to write to them. I'll update if I get some info.

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2022, 08:00:44 AM »

I'm caught up writing a paper but I'll take a few minutes to write to them. I'll update if I get some info.

Thank you!!!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2022, 10:48:35 AM »
I haven't received any info via email. This sucks.

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2022, 10:57:15 AM »
What it is is terrible customer service.

It did say the "Event Organizer" was the one postponing - does anyone know who/what that actually is and how to contact them?

« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 05:10:19 AM by crystalstars17 »

Offline Kram

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2022, 11:15:47 AM »
I hope for you guys it's just a mistake.  The band should really address this right away.  It's not a good look either way (mistake or postponement with no explanation).

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2022, 11:27:12 AM »
DT's FB page just promoted this show like an hour ago.

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2022, 11:36:02 AM »
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 05:09:24 AM by crystalstars17 »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2022, 11:57:24 AM »
I am going to assume it was a mistake. I received an automated response from Live Nation telling me to check the event page, and if I needed additional help to reply to the email, which I did but I doubt I'll hear anything before tomorrow.

I'll call the venue tomorrow and see what they say, but I am betting it was just a mistake.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2022, 02:31:23 PM »
DT's FB page just promoted this show like an hour ago.

Then I’m going to assume this was a livenation/Ticketmaster mistake.   My emails to them have only generated canned responses to contact the venue.  The venue apparently won’t have anyone there until Tuesday, and their voice messaging system isn’t set up 🤷‍♂️

In other news I have an extra ticket if anyone is looking.  No charge hope someone can use it!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2022, 10:17:46 AM »
Update!

Attention fans!

Our records indicate that you received a notification that your upcoming event was postponed. Your event is still taking place.

Dream Theater - Arch Echo
Toyota Oakdale Theatre
Saturday, March 5, 2022 at 7:30PM

Your tickets remain valid. Our sincere apologies for the error and any inconvenience.

Hope to see you there!
Ticketmaster Fan Support

Offline Awaken

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2022, 10:25:17 AM »
HELL YEAH!!  Just came here to post the same thing - just got an updated email.  DT SATURDAY!

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2022, 10:39:45 AM »
Update!

Attention fans!

Our records indicate that you received a notification that your upcoming event was postponed. Your event is still taking place.

Dream Theater - Arch Echo
Toyota Oakdale Theatre
Saturday, March 5, 2022 at 7:30PM

Your tickets remain valid. Our sincere apologies for the error and any inconvenience.

Hope to see you there!
Ticketmaster Fan Support

Woohoo!!!!!✨🎉✨

Thank you so much for posting this!!!! 😁

Offline mooshinator

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2022, 10:43:35 AM »
Phew!  Yep, I just got that e-mail as well.  Enjoy the show, folks!! :)

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2022, 10:53:41 AM »
NOICE!!!  :metal

Kind of funny - I never got the original postponement email, but I got the correction email saying I did.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 11:01:59 AM by Chino »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2022, 11:18:12 AM »
If anyone wants to meet before the show let me know, seems like a descent number of us are going.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2022, 12:02:33 PM »
If anyone wants to meet before the show let me know, seems like a descent number of us are going.

I'm down.  Haven't figured out my road trip plans, but if there's a meet up I can make sure I get there early enough for one. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2022, 02:32:54 PM »

I'm down.  Haven't figured out my road trip plans, but if there's a meet up I can make sure I get there early enough for one. 

I plan on been there early and just hang out in the area until the show. Maybe those form CT can recommend a place.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 02:43:36 PM by Vmadera00 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2022, 03:05:20 PM »

I plan on been there early and just hang out in the area until the show. Maybe those form CT can recommend a place.

Yeah, I'm not familiar with the area.  Looks like one upscale bar/restaurant in walking distance to the venue.  Looks like a bunch more options a short drive away. 

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2022, 06:02:49 AM »
We've seen them there before and there's really not much nearby the venue. As I remember it, it's all woods. I'm thinking that arriving in the area before the show is not possible (cause work) and it's about a 3-4 hour hike for us. Maybe next time!

I'm just so happy that it's all on for Saturday. First show since pre-pandemic and while some others have postponed or cancelled it didn't upset me as much, but this is DT. I literally went through all five stages of grief on Sunday, lol. I'm back to counting the days and the hours... 💫

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2022, 07:06:08 AM »
The weather looks like shit for Saturday. Parking lot shenanigans don't seem like a lot of fun. While there's not a whole lot near the venue itself, there's tons of places in Wallingford with 5-10 minutes. There's a place called Archie Moore's that's not far away at all. I went there before a Steel Panther show a few years back and it was fine. There's a bunch of places in that area.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 07:27:20 AM by Chino »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2022, 07:32:05 AM »
I had a few messages with Stadler and he also mentioned Archie Moore's. If people want to meet up, I'm ok going there.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2022, 08:32:51 AM »
Works for me

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2022, 09:36:30 AM »
I'm down diggity. I'll have a buddy with me. He's not familiar with DT, but he's a music/metal head.