Author Topic: Akron 2-23-22....now at the Akron Civic Theater  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Buckeye69

Akron 2-23-22....now at the Akron Civic Theater
« on: February 18, 2022, 02:47:46 PM »
Who all is going?

Also, I noticed today the show was moved to the Akron Civic Theater.  It's a bigger theater.   I called the Civic to see where my new seat was at and the lady I spoke to basically said that whoever determines that is still determining that.   She said I'd have as good or better seats. We'll see what that ends up being! 

Offline zappafrank2112

Re: Akron 2-23-22....now at the Akron Civic Theater
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 02:50:41 PM »
Who all is going?

Also, I noticed today the show was moved to the Akron Civic Theater.  It's a bigger theater.   I called the Civic to see where my new seat was at and the lady I spoke to basically said that whoever determines that is still determining that.   She said I'd have as good or better seats. We'll see what that ends up being!

Hmm, it's a smaller theater, isn't it?  I've been to both, and I remember the Goodyear feeling like a sprawl (saw ARW there), with the Akron Civic much more intimate (saw Ian Anderson TaaB 1+2 there).

My seats got moved to pretty much the same place (I called the box office and they told me the new seats assignments).

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 04:45:57 PM »
Who all is going?

Hmm, it's a smaller theater, isn't it?  I've been to both, and I remember the Goodyear feeling like a sprawl (saw ARW there), with the Akron Civic much more intimate (saw Ian Anderson TaaB 1+2 there).

My seats got moved to pretty much the same place (I called the box office and they told me the new seats assignments).

Can I ask what section/row/seat you were in vs where you're at now?   Just trying to figure out where I might end up?

BTW, the Civic is bigger than the Goodyear...by about 1K or so.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 05:34:07 PM »
My tickets through ticketmaster are still showing Goodyear Theater with original seats and I can't even get through to them. Who did you call?

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 06:21:56 PM »
My tickets through ticketmaster are still showing Goodyear Theater with original seats and I can't even get through to them. Who did you call?

box office at the Akron Civic

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 06:24:19 PM »

Can I ask what section/row/seat you were in vs where you're at now?   Just trying to figure out where I might end up?

2nd row of the loge, stage right for both Goodyear and the Civic

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2022, 12:59:44 PM »

You got lucky!  I just checked my TM account and it finally shows my new location.   I went from front row on Jordan's side to row N!!!!    As I mentioned earlier, the lady at the box office I spoke to said I'd have as good or better.    :huh: :angry: :censored

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 01:27:01 PM »

You got lucky!  I just checked my TM account and it finally shows my new location.   I went from front row on Jordan's side to row N!!!!    As I mentioned earlier, the lady at the box office I spoke to said I'd have as good or better.    :huh: :angry: :censored

That sucks.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2022, 07:37:20 PM »
Update:  Had balcony seats for the Goodyear, and was specifically told Loge seats when I called the box office at the Akron to inquire about the change (actual seats were quoted).

Ticketmaster account is now showing tickets in row U on the floor.

Unacceptable.  Have already sent an angry FB message to the Akron and will call tomorrow.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2022, 07:43:44 PM »

So unacceptable, especially if the new theater theoretically is bigger and has more seats to use for reassignment.

See my reply above, I ended up getting screwed, too, even though the lady gave me my actual seat assignment over the phone.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2022, 07:58:14 PM »

Another update!  I just sent you the following PM, but in case you don't get that, here's what it said:

"Hey!

See my messages about the Akron show in the thread.  When I wrote the venue, I mentioned to them that a lot of people are having issues and are discussing it online, including this line "someone even went from front row to row N."

They replied "we appreciate you letting us know so we can resolve.  We’ll call you tomorrow and fix it.   I have no idea how someone went from front row to row N, but if they reach out we will absolutely resolve.  Thanks."

So there may be hope for you!"

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2022, 09:15:03 PM »
Is there a link to where I can get tickets? Was considering hitting this show and TicketMaster seems unavailable for purchases, perhaps due to the venue change?

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2022, 11:58:07 PM »
Is there a link to where I can get tickets? Was considering hitting this show and TicketMaster seems unavailable for purchases, perhaps due to the venue change?

Last I looked it has both the old Goodyear listing (showing as sold out), and the new Akron Civic Theater listing (with seats available).

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2022, 06:06:43 AM »

Another update!  I just sent you the following PM, but in case you don't get that, here's what it said:

"Hey!

See my messages about the Akron show in the thread.  When I wrote the venue, I mentioned to them that a lot of people are having issues and are discussing it online, including this line "someone even went from front row to row N."

They replied "we appreciate you letting us know so we can resolve.  We’ll call you tomorrow and fix it.   I have no idea how someone went from front row to row N, but if they reach out we will absolutely resolve.  Thanks."

So there may be hope for you!"

I did get it.  Thanks for the info!

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2022, 09:56:54 AM »
Update!

I spoke with Jennifer at the Akron box office, and yep, it was a TicketBastard thing that completely blindsided them with the seat reassignments. 

They actually have been hand re-assigning seats to make things as comparable as possible, but are having trouble b/c OF COURSE TM is closed today for the holiday!

She told me that they had to have a meeting this morning about it b/c they were getting inundated by all these messages from people whose new seats weren't remotely comparable.

So, they're doing their best, and may not even know until day of show given the workload and trying to work with TM.

FYI, Jennifer told me that the reason the show was moved was b/c the trusses at the Goodyear couldn't support DT's gear!  In her words, "it's just too big!"

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2022, 11:13:13 AM »
I spoke to Olivia.  She said TM was kind of picking replacement seats out of a hat or something to that effect.  She said they're having TM redo everything and if I don't see my new seats by 12 or 1 tomorrow, to give them a call.

Offline Kram

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2022, 12:02:15 PM »
Good luck guys! It sounds like a disaster.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2022, 02:28:23 PM »
Yeah, no shit. WTF??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2022, 11:52:20 AM »
Just received this e-mail from the Akron:

Attention Dream Theater Ticket Holders:

Dream Theater With Special Guest Arch Echo scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 7:30PM, HAS BEEN MOVED from the Goodyear Theater in Akron to the Akron Civic Theatre – 182 S. Main Akron OH 44308

Your Goodyear Theater tickets will be honored at the Akron Civic Theatre and your new seats will closely match your original seats. All tickets (mobile or paper) must be exchanged for new tickets at the Akron Civic Theatre tomorrow. You may pick up your new tickets beginning at 10 AM at The Civic or pick them up when you come to the show. The timing of when you pick up your tickets does not matter. All seats are reserved and have been assigned to closely match your seating location at Goodyear Theater.

Please have the account holder’s name and ID ready when you come to pick up your tickets.

Please note the seating location shown on your mobile ticket may not be accurate. Only printed tickets picked up at The Civic will be valid in order to insure your new seating location closely matches the original.

To pick up your tickets, simply come to the Akron Civic Theatre. You will be directed to the ticket pick up location when you arrive.

Thank you for your patronage. We’ll see you at the show.

So it sounds like still can't go by your mobile ticket order, even though there is now one in your TM account for the Akron.

ETA: Also sounds like everyone should set aside extra time since the box office windows will be slammed.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2022, 01:15:39 PM »
Just received this e-mail from the Akron:

Attention Dream Theater Ticket Holders:

Dream Theater With Special Guest Arch Echo scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 7:30PM, HAS BEEN MOVED from the Goodyear Theater in Akron to the Akron Civic Theatre – 182 S. Main Akron OH 44308

Your Goodyear Theater tickets will be honored at the Akron Civic Theatre and your new seats will closely match your original seats. All tickets (mobile or paper) must be exchanged for new tickets at the Akron Civic Theatre tomorrow. You may pick up your new tickets beginning at 10 AM at The Civic or pick them up when you come to the show. The timing of when you pick up your tickets does not matter. All seats are reserved and have been assigned to closely match your seating location at Goodyear Theater.

Please have the account holder’s name and ID ready when you come to pick up your tickets.

Please note the seating location shown on your mobile ticket may not be accurate. Only printed tickets picked up at The Civic will be valid in order to insure your new seating location closely matches the original.

To pick up your tickets, simply come to the Akron Civic Theatre. You will be directed to the ticket pick up location when you arrive.

Thank you for your patronage. We’ll see you at the show.

So it sounds like still can't go by your mobile ticket order, even though there is now one in your TM account for the Akron.

ETA: Also sounds like everyone should set aside extra time since the box office windows will be slammed.

Talked to someone today and they confirmed the email as they were aware of people getting screwed so they went through each seat and reassigned to make sure they had everyone in similar spots, but yes you will need to get physical tickets from the box office tomorrow.....UGGGG!

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2022, 02:13:57 PM »
The lady I spoke to today said Ticketbastard wasn't being very helpful regarding redoing the tickets.  Imagine that!   I'm going to keep an eye out to see if they release more seats tomorrow.  Last week in Cincinnati a few front row popped up the day of the show.  If something like that pops up, I'm grabbing one in case where they put me sucks.

They said today that we can call in the morning and they'll tell us where we're at.  At least we can find out before we pick up our tix.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2022, 02:19:39 PM »
The Akron people have been awesome in trying to rectify this.

But it leads me to wonder why the Goodyear didn't already know that their stage couldn't handle DT's gear.  You'd think that kind of thing would get confirmed once DT had their specs in place, which surely was weeks and weeks before tour start (which itself was a few weeks ago from our show tomorrow).

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2022, 02:39:16 PM »
The Akron people have been awesome in trying to rectify this.

Indeed they have, she told me today that all of the transferred seating that ticketmaster screwed up was reassigned by them and has been completed so it won't matter what time you show up to the box office tomorrow as you will just need to get a printed ticket.

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2022, 03:04:38 PM »
I wonder how many times the line to pick up tickets tomorrow will get held by people flipping out because they don't like their new seats?   At that point, a few hours before the show, like it or not, you're going to pretty much have to take what they gave you.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2022, 06:20:36 AM »
Last week in Cincinnati a few front row popped up the day of the show.

Yeah, I got front row for face value an hour before the show

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2022, 08:32:07 AM »
I just called the box office and they were able to give me my new seat location.  I'm a happy guy!!   :D

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2022, 08:39:45 AM »
I just called the box office and they were able to give me my new seat location.  I'm a happy guy!!   :D

I just called and the lady I'd been working with wasn't in yet, but hopefully my seats work out.  They've made it sound like they were gonna make every effort to do so.

I don't envy them having to distribute ALL of the seats by hand today.  I just got an e-mail from Ticketmaster THIS MORNING alerting me of the change.  And you just know that there are plenty of people where that will be the 1st they'd heard of the change.

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2022, 02:20:35 PM »
Is anyone able to try and get me a signed vinyl from the merch table tonight ? Shipped to New Hampshire ? I would be forever great full

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2022, 11:29:44 PM »
Is anyone able to try and get me a signed vinyl from the merch table tonight ? Shipped to New Hampshire ? I would be forever great full

I didn't even see any for sale, and I got there right after doors opened.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2022, 11:32:26 PM »

Were you pirate hat guy?!

My seats were pretty much equal to the OG Goodyear tix (2nd row loge, just left of center).  I made sure to thank any and everyone in that box office/side room for the thankless job they had in fixing Ticketmaster's MAJOR eff-up.

I'm legit curious how many of the empty seats were never-sold's, vs. somehow related to the venue change.  And I'd love to know how many people showed up at the Goodyear still...

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2022, 06:13:05 AM »

Were you pirate hat guy?!

My seats were pretty much equal to the OG Goodyear tix (2nd row loge, just left of center).  I made sure to thank any and everyone in that box office/side room for the thankless job they had in fixing Ticketmaster's MAJOR eff-up.

I'm legit curious how many of the empty seats were never-sold's, vs. somehow related to the venue change.  And I'd love to know how many people showed up at the Goodyear still...

Yep, that was me!   :yarr

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2022, 06:54:50 AM »
You gave James the pirate hat again? Haha
What did he say?

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2022, 07:12:24 AM »
What did he say?

Pretty much what he said in Cincinnati last week...."gimme that f-ing hat and came over and got it.  He mentioned again about seeing me at other shows.  Last night he said " you have to get me one of these".  Looks like I'm going pirate hat shopping this weekend!    :lol

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2022, 08:02:42 AM »

What did he say?

Pretty much what he said in Cincinnati last week...."gimme that f-ing hat and came over and got it.  He mentioned again about seeing me at other shows.  Last night he said " you have to get me one of these".  Looks like I'm going pirate hat shopping this weekend!    :lol

:lol :metal

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2022, 09:49:46 AM »
What did he say?

Haha awesome! You seeing any other shows on this tour?